Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. (66906 Views)

‘Tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba ~ Azuka Onwuka / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Cubeet: 10:55am On Jul 14, 2014
BankuTilapia2: Which of the tribe is well known for fraud
This gay.nian is always excited seeing bad news about Nigeria or tribal clashes... Won't you go face your ashanti and ewe palava and leave us alone

7 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by deesquarediddy(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2014
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by logica(m): 10:57am On Jul 14, 2014
Engen:

Honestly...dis guy what the hell is your problem...can't you just stay out of people's matter.. Is there no platform for Ghanians... Well I don't blame you

Cubeet: This gay.nian is always excited seeing bad news about Nigeria or tribal clashes... Won't you go face your ashanti and ewe palava and leave us alone

Aha. It is when an outsider comes that we truly become Nigerians. grin

7 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2014
logica:

Yes the Ibo man is a villain but he is MINE to abuse and misuse as I like and I am not sharing that right with any Charlie

6 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Arinze96(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2014
hbpeze: all i no is that igbos survive anywere in this planet even on alien planet
That is the Israeli spirit bro

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 14, 2014
Arinze96: That is the Israeli spirit bro
I thoug you were German ? Confused set of clowns Is there no Yibbo spirit? why always attaching to others?

12 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Cubeet: 11:03am On Jul 14, 2014
logica:

We might be insulting each other here but we are still Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 14, 2014
dis thread is a reminiscent of d fact dat tribalism is Nigeria's biggest problem. just read all d hateful comments so far 4rm d two major tribes. none is better dan d other both are diabolical and frausters. dis thread is now beyond pathetic. bye

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Sabadon(m): 11:05am On Jul 14, 2014
DONMAYOR19: And who will win? grin grin grin
dem tell u say na royal rumble dem dey fight
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Simplykay(f): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2014
This is a beautiful write-up, thanks OP. I've got friends from both sides, and have learnt so much from them in terms of culture.
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Norajones(f): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2014
ultrazone: One thing I'm clear about the Igbos is that a lot of them do not understand the Yorubas. Many of them have pre-conceived notions that Yorubas are untrustworthy. Unfortunately, we Yorubas care less. Neither do we have special hatred nor make spiteful judgment about any tribe. We make decisions based on situation per time. This is why other tribes think we are unreliable. It is a principle of no permanent friend, no permanent enemy. A Yoruba man may be laughing or crying but what he will do, he will surely do. Our resolution is unflinching.
for your mind now u don talk?it'll shock you

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by logica(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2014
Cubeet: We might be insulting each other here but we are still Nigerians
There is hope, after all.

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by JEITO: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2014
BadBoy25: who has the time to read through all these Long Gibberish ? seeing the Long write up already made me lose interest . you guys need to learn to summarize your post, no one has time to waste .
what is the relationship between Igbo and Yoruba? is it bad or Good ? make it straightforward instead of composing a Novel . Time is Money .
Now we know why the white man will say, ''the only way to hide a thing from a black man is to put it in a book.''
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by logica(m): 11:09am On Jul 14, 2014
tom29reloaded: dis thread is a reminiscent of d fact dat tribalism is Nigeria's biggest problem. just read all d hateful comments so far 4rm d two major tribes. none is better dan d other both are diabolical and frausters. dis thread is now beyond pathetic. bye
...but then you missed the posts where nice things were said? When you are always looking for negativity, you surely will find it even in Heaven.

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 14, 2014
I keep expecting someone to talk about the cheap labour our northern bros provide. Without these we won't be able to do much.

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by chinex276(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2014
Who cares., d yorubas r nt trustworthy even 4 a minute

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2014
I know for a fact that nothing in this world would give the Ibos,as a group, greater pleasure than to see Yoruba in pain. Just like they suffered during the civil war. As far as they are concerned the Yoruba were responsible for that and they will bear that grudge for ever.
Of course we see it differently; Fact is they had an immature and impulsive leader in Ojukwu who was prepared to gamble with their lives and they expected us to partner them in that folly citing Awolowo's words. For the record let us accept the claim of Awolowo's words but did he make them out of solidarity or fraternity with the Ibos ,as part of some joint venture? NOOOOOOOOOO. He was only stating the obvious which remains true to this day.If any part of the country is allowed to go we all can call it a day.That is still true today as it was then.
As far as betrayal goes what does secession have to do with attacking Ore and targetting Lagos? A blunder that cost the Ibo dearly and which many live in denial of.It happened and was punished severely

But as we the Yoruba say "the goat is angry and is stamping its feet,so? What can it do to its owner? Will that save it from what is coming to it" They will have to wait forever because the Yoruba keep thriving and the goat can stamp and kick all it likes.It will still keep its date with destiny

17 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Neldrizzy(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2014
All i know is boko haram are going to unite this country sooner or leta...
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by SurePresident: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2014
mainman7: These diametrically demented cacophonous toilet tissues called igbos always ululating about the Great Yorubas. Nya miri Gwongworos! Ojukwu, your acclaimed igbo lord and the greatest igbo of all time was a coward just like every other igbo and he took to his heels dressed as a female (What an height of cowardice!). The fact that igbos are fools is highly substantiated and corroborated by the fact that someone that deceived millions of igbos into being slaughtered like chickens in Biafran war (who himself ran away dressed like a woman) was being celebrated when he came back. Also during Abacha regime of tyranny, coward Ojukwu kept his mouth shut throughout. He only found his voice again when OBJ became the president. Before they left, the Colonial British Army rightly observed, that the Yorubas are the most militarily intelligent in Nigeria, especially when it comes to developing disastrously destructive military strategies. "Brain is better than brawn" Biafra was actually initially winning the war (igbos read your own history) until the Great Awolowo(a typical Yoruba Man), the ununiformed General, stepped in on the side of Nigeria and came up with the intelligent military strategy that gave Nigeria Victory over Biafra. "In warfare it's all fair". You know that Hausas only hear go! Just give the military order, they'll carry it out to the letter. Even long after Biafra had surrendered, the killing of igbos continued untill Awolowo, the greatest Nigerian Generalissimo of all time, intervened again and told the Military to allow the remaining igbos to be alive. So, you senseless igbo mofos still have the to thank the Yorubas today, understand?! "Next time you see a Yoruba man, duff your hat and bow before him!"

Interesting. True Talk!

10 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Revolva(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2014
One thing I know in nigeria yorubas an igbos hate them selves with great passion amongst the three majority tribes and its a shame thank jah am not from a major tribe in this country

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by generalissimo(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2014
vanstanzy:

Google "the story of Nigeria", watch it& strive to be informed.
Hahahahahaha!!!!! What a lame idea! So it is the articles on google that u rely on concerning ur own history LWBMB U are lost. I'm sowie. Go back to ur village and ask ur elders.

3 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 14, 2014
500GP:

AM NOT IN THE MOOD TO ARGUE WITH YOU

WAEC, NECO,JAMB CAN'T BE USE AS A YARDSTICK TO GAUGE ACADEMIC SUCCESS DUE TO EXAMINATION MALPRACTICES.

DURING OBASANJO REGIME, THERE WERE YORUBA ALSO IN HIS CABINET. IN YARADUA'S REGIME , THERE WERE HAUSA IN HIS CABINET ALSO.

YOUR IBO CHIEFS CONFIRMS THAT IT'S DURING GEJ'S REGIME THAT IBO GETS APPOINTMENT MUCH THAN...... YOUR IBO CHIEFS SAID THAT GEJ GAVE THEM THE FEELINGS THAT THEY BELONG TO NIGERIA...

WHICH TRIBE LEADS IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP?
BEST UNIVERSITIES ARE IN WHICH REGION?

JUST TO MENTION A FEW

Another inept analysis from a typical Yoruba person who is pained by my truthful comment. What's the best way to measure academic performance and intelligence/IQ of our growing, young population if not through aptitude test....WAEC, JAMB, NECO, COMMON ENTRANCE? Please tell me? Do you want us to go and interview, test every single individual one on one in a country with over 70 million people under 18 yrs old? Yes there are exam malpractices in every state particularly in Lagos but still whenever Lagos is mentioned in top states in WAEC, JAMB, NECO, its the same Igbos in Lagos that are propping it...how can you explain this?

Now, let's address the malpractice. You cried malpractice.... if one ethnic group(IGBO) is leading in NECO, WAEC, JAMB and even in innocent COMMON ENTRANCE where children as young as 9, 10 and 11 are tested, would you allude that these Igbo kids were involved in malpractice? What stu$pid parents will let their kid as young as that engage in malpractice. Come on? Enough of these yoruba excuses. Celebrate the Igbos were they are champions and stop hatting.

Best universities in Yoruba land? Now lets deal with facts, go to every department in the top universities in SW...Uni Lagos, Uni Ilorin, OAU, UI and ask for the 10 best students in it, I assure you that 6 out of 10 top students will be IGBO. This has been demonstrated even here on Nairaland. Many Yorubas agreed to this. These schools will have no name without the minds of Igbos. Don't forget that top Igbo professors are in these universities. LOL

Lastly, more Igbos served under Obasanjo and Yaradua than under Jonathan. I deal with facts and every body including many yorubas know this. Go and look up the executive cabinet of Obasanjo and compare it to Jonathan and Yaradua.

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by stuchman: 11:25am On Jul 14, 2014
Revolva: One thing I know in nigeria yorubas an igbos hate them selves with great passion amongst the three majority tribes and its a shame thank jah am not from a major tribe in this country

Den, take d back seat and shut d heck up dude.

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 14, 2014
new2020:

Another inept analysis from a typical Yoruba person who is pained by my truthful comment. What's the best way to measure academic performance and intelligence/IQ of our growing, young population if not through aptitude test....WAEC, JAMB, NECO, COMMON ENTRANCE? Please tell me? Do you want us to go and interview, test every single individual one on one in a country with over 70 million people under 18 yrs old? Yes there are exam malpractices in every state particularly in Lagos but still whenever Lagos is mentioned in top states in WAEC, JAMB, NECO, its the same Igbos in Lagos that are propping it...how can you explain this?

Now, let's address the malpractice. You cried malpractice.... if one ethnic group(IGBO) is leading in NECO, WAEC, JAMB and even in innocent COMMON ENTRANCE where children as young as 9, 10 and 11 are tested, would you allude that these Igbo kids were involved in malpractice? What stu$pid parents will let their kid as young as that engage in malpractice. Come on? Enough of these yoruba excuses. Celebrate the Igbos were they are champions and stop hatting.

Best universities in Yoruba land? Now lets deal with facts, go to every department in the top universities in SW...Uni Lagos, Uni Ilorin, OAU, UI and ask for the 10 best students in it, I assure you that 6 out of 10 top students will be IGBO. This has been demonstrated even here on Nairaland. Many Yorubas agreed to this. These schools will have no name without the minds of Igbos. Don't forget that top Igbo professors are in these universities. LOL

Lastly, more Igbos served under Obasanjo and Yaradua than under Jonathan. I deal with facts and every body including many yorubas know this. Go and look up the executive cabinet of Obasanjo and compare it to Jonathan and Yaradua.
I am rather puzzled that people who do so well in JAMB and NECO are not so much represented at the highest levels e.g this Pressid Scholarship could it be because of cheating at those exams??

according to you 60% of top students are Ibo. When these exams were written they were open ONLY TO FIRST CLASS GRADUATES for the whole country and YORUBA ALONE TOOK ALMOST 50% abeg explain me biko?

http://www.nuc.edu.ng/nucsite/File/PRESSID%20Final%20List2.htm

http://www.nuc.edu.ng/nucsite/File/Monday%20Bulletin/MB%202014/PRESSID%20Final%20List-ADVERT%202014.pdf

2 YEARS !!! ABI NA FLUKE??

4 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by logica(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2014
new2020:
What stu$pid parents will let their kid as young as that engage in malpractice.
See the height of delusion and deceit. shocked

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Arinze96(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2014
iwonbaoko: I thoug you were German ? Confused set of clowns Is there no Yibbo spirit? why always attaching to others?
Who is this one spewing rubbish?

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by ugoezeik(m): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2014
MidaxPhoenix: The hidden truth is that the igbos felt betrayed by the yorubas, the igbos have always seen the yorubas as the brothers across the niger but the civil war changed the course of thinking.

An average Igbo respects a yoruba for his intellectual prowess while the yorubas respect the igbos for entrepreneurial skills... a case of mutual respect and admiration and the igbos felt betrayed by the tribe they respect so much during the civil war..

The yorubas owe the Igbo an apology, and the igbos should learn to move on but our leaders profit from the discord, hence cannot facilitate a true reconciliation..

The two tribes complement each others,

What the igbos lack, the yorubas have in abundance and vice versa so we find it easy to co-habit.

We, yorubas are lazy, rely solely on intellectual skills as ingrained in our culture but the igbos believes in the sweat of hardwork..

The yorubas will say- I no fit do that work o! And the igbos will say - make we try am now.

Yoruba schools to become bureaucrat but the igbos schools to become refined businessmen..

During my nysc in enugu, I was privilege to teach tutorials in advanced calculus, real and numerical analysis in ESUT and IMT, the shout of ''Chike obi'' and awolowo rents the air as I give them the short cuts to solving questions.

Gba be theorem I call it...

All I can do is feel good when we finish lectures and my students give me business cards and telling me to come to their shops in ogbeite..

And igbos marvel at the yorubas mathematical skills....

Enters a store, Nna nyem this, 120, that 235, those 340.

Give him 1000 naira, Nna grabs calculator..

But the market woman in lagos selling wares, she will retort....305 ni change yin.

The igbos don't have time to calculate money, they make it in abundance and leave the yorubas to calculate.

The igbos control the economy, the yorubas regulate it..

Nigeria is truly blessed.

i luv U sooooooo much swt bros for dis analysis also. Igbo n yoruba need each one for rapid growth. Dnt mind those ppls from d oda Syd of d road dat want to reap wia dem no sow

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 14, 2014
ugoezeik: i luv U sooooooo much swt bros for dis analysis also. Igbo n yoruba need each one for rapid growth. Dnt mind those ppls from d oda Syd of d road dat want to reap wia dem no sow
We definitely DO NOT NEED Ibos for anything.

5 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2014
SEUN OSEWA is well known for nairaland, UGOCHUKWU NNEJI is known for www . . com . ng
Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by hiss(m): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2014
boombay: BESIDES THE OWNER OF THIS GREAT FORUM SITE IS A YORUBA DUDE

I NO TALK ANYTHING OHgrin
..Thanks for showing us another land to buy from u guys,BT don't cry later when u see Mr Chinedu as d new owner of nairaLAND..just as ur Ilesha made beer called trophy is now in peter obi's hand..must u guys sell everything?lazy bums

2 Likes

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2014
Blockus: OP,

I find this thread offensive to ndi Igbos. angry

We dont have any relationship whatsoever with the Yorubas. angry

They have proven to be untrust worthy since the beginning of time. They are two faced, back-stabbing and maliciously wicked and have demonstrated it time and time again. Lets not forget that the genocidal aspect of the civil war where food and medical supply were cut off from the East was not suggested by the Northerners but by a Yoruba man. Lets not even forget that there would not have been a war per se if the Yorubas had stuck to their end of the bargain from the Aburi accord held in Ghana.

The Yorubas are not trust worthy at all and thats the root of our problems in Nigeria. Atleast the Hausas have shown us where they stand from the very beginning.

I do however agree with the OPS comparison of the Igbos to the Germans and the Yorubas to the French, seeing as the Germans are innovative and brave at war and the French are cowardly and docile in general.

You should be ashamed of yourself Nna !

1 Like

Re: The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. by ruffcoin09(m): 11:35am On Jul 14, 2014
What about the hausa's does anyone have anything to say about this our destructive brethren?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival / Different South African Tribes / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.