Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? (67811 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Did Messi Deserve The Golden Ball Award? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by freshness2020: 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
See Anti-Messi Movements talking.
Shine On, Lionel!
Stay there and keep hating!

5 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Frosti(m): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
No, he doesn't deserve to win it. Fact. But I guess they just wanted to console him with something.

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by SimonSniper(m): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
Is it your business ? angry grin[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by sulmeza(m): 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
Fifa na useless body,imagine...all of messi's goals came against substandard teams...only in d group stage....God punish fifa

6 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by jnrbayano(m): 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
smiley
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
fingard02k: NO oya go and collect the award from him and give it to mikel

Nonsense people always hating on another man's success
Ordinary question wey OP ask na e you kon dey hyper-ventilate like this shuoo? You sef talk true, shey Messi play pass Robben, Mascherano or Muller for this world cup? Talk true

12 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by barackodam: 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
mukina2: Everyone knows that messi is a good player, we accept, but why should FIFA/Sepp Blatter continue this Messi bias?
Mascherano was Argentina's best player by miles.

robbery at its finest angry

Keep hating

undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by mmmustapha(m): 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
capital No, I do give it to gotze or James Rodriguez

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by 1stola: 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
B4 nko?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by easyelliot(m): 11:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yes, cause without him , they wouldnt even smell the finals
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by mamagee3(f): 11:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
I was angry and then I read that Adidas were the sponsors. . .

Messi is their star player, he's the one who sells for them. . .I don't think they would have given it to someone else. This award is so biased .

That's like Nike sponsoring or giving out the golden ball, of course they will award it to ronaldo.grin

But we as neutrals know Muller should have won it

16 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Realdeals(m): 11:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
I expect Robben

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
ambrosini593: To me a hell no. Thomas Mueller deserves it than Messi. What about you?. Let's hear from you

You said it yourself.
Muller or Robben but not Messi.

5 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by MaziOmenuko: 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
In this same tournament that we saw James Rodriguez scoring 6 goals with 2 assists; Robben running down his opponents with ease, scored 3 with 1 assist; Muller scoring 5 goals, 3 assists and winning the world cup?

If they don't know who to give it, they should give it to my grandma!

13 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Tosyn007(m): 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
Its more of a compensation..out of all the Argentin forwards, only Messi came to the world cup. They miss Tevez

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
By 'we',u mean? grin

diarisgod: Exactly amingo, we could have even been dumped out in the Group Stage had it been Messi was not in our squad. Not even with the low plays from Gonzalo and Sergio...
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by jjwaterfalls(f): 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
Fifa don do ojoro again, I will soon ban dem angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by jumzzy448: 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
fingard02k: NO oya go and collect the award from him and give it to mikel

Nonsense people always hating on another man's success

This one na die hard Messi fan oo. Take am easy abeg.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Richy4(m): 11:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
For me every player did very well individually in this tournament but if they said he deserves it that is cool.

But in my personal opinion, that Brazilian that was injured and which exposed their ass on how wonderful their team were should have been my favorite.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by hungryboy(m): 11:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
adaobi123: JAMES RODRIGUEZ SHOULD HAVE WON IT

JUST SAYING
James won the golden boot, atleast that's enough, Robben to me is the guy who merited it more

4 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by tunmmyunited(m): 11:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
Their award is as silly as their monthly ranking! Robben was a standout 4 me in dis tournament

7 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by musaibnabdul(m): 11:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
Adidas a key Fifa sponsor, Blatter loves the goat, king James or Robben deserve it. Shikene i rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Abeg where is my charger undecided
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ranson(m): 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
None other than the humble man who always enjoyed the mercy of god of soccer. Ottey dey there dey hate.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Yousuph569(m): 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
ambrosini593: To me a hell no. Thomas Mueller deserves it than Messi. What about you?. Let's hear from you

Messi fe momi ku=))
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by fiquo(m): 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
No, he did not deserve the Golden ball, shouldah bin Robben for me sha.

4 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by nathdim: 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
easyelliot: Yes, cause without him , they wouldnt even smell the finals
is it a must to play the world cup final I am pretty sure if Argentina won third place they would have given it to him

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by kelechiMarie(f): 11:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
messi is a great player no doubt but he only scored a few goals against average teams didn't do nothing when it mattered,lost the ball most in their team and he was given player of the tournament.Lets face it that's OJORO at its peak #FIFAPIKIN

7 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Joejonah(m): 11:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
coming from reMadrid fan..... haters of messi
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by mandhi(m): 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
exactly what i was telling my cousin, i don't think he deserves it. can't say who deserves it more but i know it should not be Messi. put HATE aside. he wasn't the exceptional messi we know based on that, he doesn't have to get it.
i still will commend his maturity in handling the defeat. shows the deference btw him and CR7.
Congrats to the GERMANS well Deserved.

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Leetunechi: 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Messi belike...at least i won d golden ball grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

John Obi Mikel Changes His Name After Nigeria Mistake 13 Years Ago / Barcelona Takes Down Poster Of Neymar For Betraying The Spanish Club / Jay Jay Okocha’s Son With AY And Nwankwo In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.