Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? (67780 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Did Messi Deserve The Golden Ball Award? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by 9jatatafo(m): 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
bercarray: okada!!! Abeg maracana stadium,i wan go collect d golden ball 4rm messi,i go com giv OP.
When Nigeria Police catch you say you dey ride okada for express to Maracana, na that time your eyes go clear sharparly. Anyway, I thought Hames Rodriguez or Muller deserves it.

4 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by lilpervert(m): 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
Without rodriguez, columbia would not have left the group stages too and even the round of 16, so stop all this "messi carried them through group stage" blabbing.
To me it should have gone to robben for simply making football entertaining to all

12 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by nitlad: 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
lol
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Tunguy01(m): 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lionel messi (aanu) again ? ..., well his name speaks 4 him cos I dnt knw why dey av 2 give dat 2 him

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
mukina2: Everyone knows that messi is a good player, we accept, but why should FIFA/Sepp Blatter continue this Messi bias?
Mascherano was Argentina's best player by miles.

robbery at its finest angry
nna the tin just tire me

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
Since no player stood out throughout the tournament in the German team(they all had a great tournament), apart from Neuer, who was by far the best GK - so it's a direct competition between Mascherano and Messi. And it could've gone either way, to be honest.

However, Messi deservedly won it.

James Rodriguez left the tournament after the quarters - so he had no chance. Probably Neymar, but since Brazil didn't make final, he also had no chance.

================================

How come no one is talking about the great goal Gotze scored? The technique, balance, awareness, and the way he took that volley were out of this world. Definitely one of the greatest goals ever scored in a world cup final. Definitely worth the wait.

Thank you Brazil for a great world cup. Great footballing nation and great people!

4 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
naijalodge: To me its Arjen Robben,shikena...messi scored against weak teams,Nigeria,iran and bosnia...against Holand,he was no where to be found,Arjen robben ruled the whole 120 minutes or so....
9ja a week team.?

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by chinex276(m): 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hell fvcking NO!!
FIFA AS CORRUPT AS NIGERIAN GOVT... Smh

4 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Harmvirus(f): 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
naijalodge: To me its Arjen Robben,shikena...messi scored against weak teams,Nigeria,iran and bosnia...against Holand,he was no where to be found,Arjen robben ruled the whole 120 minutes or so....
My thought exactly. Had it been it was given to Robben, nobody would have complained. Messi is good but they were other people that played better in this tournament

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by baltimora(f): 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
Not at all. So undeserved

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
ambrosini593: To me a hell no. Thomas Mueller deserves it than Messi. What about you?. Let's hear from you
He doesn't deserve it!

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by larryjayz: 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
Fifa is the most corrupt prominent organization in the world.

5 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by jomoh: 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
ebullientV: Not @ all... Mascherano was the underrated
star of d Argies; a true leader he was.
guy they were not looking for a leader. They were looking for the player with the most outstanding contribution to his teams success.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by priscaoge(f): 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
#TeamMessitonguetongue till thy kingdom come! Haters can hate 4 all I careundecidedundecided

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
fingard02k: NO oya go and collect the award from him and give it to mikel

Nonsense people always hating on another man's success

Talking from your experience abi?....You sound like you have a lot of haters. grin
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by blueflames23: 11:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
bercarray: okada!!! Abeg maracana stadium,i wan go collect d golden ball 4rm messi,i go com giv [b]O[/b[b][/b]P.

Abeg, guy shift go front small............the bike dey carry two na!

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Bwaal(m): 11:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
Robben on point

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
[quote author=] 9ja a week team.?[/quote]
yes a very weak team!
Flop coach, flop players

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by kobonaire(m): 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
No Messi did not deserve that award IMHO .... I think one of his compatriots like Mascherano deserved it if FIFA insisted on giving it to an Argentinian.

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
Messi deserves the goldenball...That shouldn't even be a question. angry angry angry
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Tymax(m): 11:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
[size=16pt]ROBBEN, MULLER OR (WORLD RECORD HOLDER) KLOSE... CERTAINLY NOT MESSI[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by flyingdutchman(m): 11:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
Against Nigeria, who SINGLE-HANDEDLY make his team win? Against Iran? However, I feel Arjen Robben deserves the Golden Ball. FIFA only compensated Messi for all the burden and pressure heaped on him to emulate Maradona. FIFA realizes that "a tree does not make a forest"...not even a Magical tree like Messi...Roanldo will probably be reeling with laughter now.

8 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by naijalodge(m): 11:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
I have never seen an Award so Undeserved in my life B4..Fiffa...don't be suprised if Messi wins this Ballon D'or

6 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by vislabraye(m): 12:00am On Jul 14, 2014
fingard02k: NO oya go collect the award from him and give it to mikel

. What is hating there ? Can someone air his views ? Roben deserves it cos he was outstanding. Or it could have gone to a German player but not Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by chaberry(m): 12:00am On Jul 14, 2014
No he doesn't deserve it, i would av prefer Arjen Robben or James Rodriguez, but looking at it from different angle he solely brought his team this far... In another news Brazil (14) goals is the highest goal conceded by any team in this worldcup, making them one of the worst defends in the mundial, infact they conceded more goals than the other three semi-finalists in the tournament(12). You're hearing it 4rm me 4 d first time, Admit it
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Hahahohih

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by easyelliot(m): 12:00am On Jul 14, 2014
nathdim: is it a must to play the world cup final I am pretty sure if Argentina won third place they would have given it to him

Maybe, truth is German were a great team, no true individual standout , Argentina was messi or bust. Messi scores that goal or Higuan or Pollacio score the gimmies, Argentina wins and messi wins without a doubt.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by sylve11: 12:00am On Jul 14, 2014
fingard02k: NO oya go collect the award from him and give it to mikel

I tire for d guy o grin grin cool
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by bercarray(m): 12:01am On Jul 14, 2014
9jatatafo: When Nigeria Police catch you say you dey ride okada for express to Maracana, na that time your eyes go clear sharparly. Anyway, I thought Hames Rodriguez or Muller deserves it.
lol,bribe go work
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Abeos(m): 12:01am On Jul 14, 2014
well deserved
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by MrRenaissance: 12:01am On Jul 14, 2014
I think NOT. Messi was outplayed by Robben. This is broad daylight robbery. I've learnt that FIFA is the worst Hypocrites and Rascist ever. I don't even need to mention names, the case of Onazi vs Matuidi and Neymar Vs Zuniga, readily comes to mind.

And the most important, FIFA is the most Corrupt Organization in the world.

How the fùck did Messi merit the Golden Ball ahead of Robben? No wonder Maradona and any sane individual hates FIFA. Bunch of biased fucktards.

Watch them crown Messi world best like they did in 2010 even when Millito, Sneijder and Iniesta were better choices. FIFA is a fraud!!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

John Obi Mikel Changes His Name After Nigeria Mistake 13 Years Ago / Jay Jay Okocha’s Son With AY And Nwankwo In Turkey / Barcelona Takes Down Poster Of Neymar For Betraying The Spanish Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.