Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? (67807 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Did Messi Deserve The Golden Ball Award? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Debroslink: 1:08am On Jul 14, 2014
ayorins:

i no sabi ball...
lol
did ur so called hristo collect it four concecutive times?
See d way u are twisting d issue here. Must u win ballon d'Or 4 times to be d best?
Fact is Nigeria as a new comer in 1994 defeated Bulgaria 3-0 in her 1st match and Stoichkov was there.
If Bosnia had defeated Argentina in her 1st match, you will be d 1st to crucify Messi. But Messi shut your mouth.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Debroslink: 1:13am On Jul 14, 2014
xilef10: e be like say u pple mad ,but y u guys hate messi like dis......shey make person neva succeed again...u like it or not ma guy don colet am..germany neva complain but u foolish loosers con dey open ya big hell dey shout....mtf

My brother, I just tire for them Germany isn't complaining, naa bunch of LOOSERS full here. They haven't achieved anything worth mentioning, yet naa to dey insult someone who doesn't know which continent they are residing in.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by 1miccza: 1:13am On Jul 14, 2014
Hell No!!!He doesn't not even close at all!!!!
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by leo1234(m): 1:13am On Jul 14, 2014
Oahray: Messi was the best player on the field (man of the match) 4 times out of seven. Muller 2 times. Robben 3 times. James 3 times. Messi also created the most goal-scoring chances (23). With better finishers in his team, he'd have bagged the highest assists by far.

This dude was directly involved in every Argentina goal except the one by Higuain (Di-Maria's assist from a Messi pass).

The golden ball is not for the highest goal scorer, there's a golden boot for that.

The golden ball is not for a player just cos his team wins, there's a gold medal for that.

The golden ball is for the overall most influential player to team success. Messi is that player. Only James' influence is comparable, his team just wasn't successful.

Muller who?
Please educate those Ronaldo boys. Haters.

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Debroslink: 1:15am On Jul 14, 2014
1miccza: Hell No!!!He doesn't not even close at all!!!!
Go and collect it from him and give C. Ronaldo
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Shaadey: 1:21am On Jul 14, 2014
xilef10: e be like say u pple mad ,but y u guys hate messi like dis......shey make person neva succeed again...u like it or not ma guy don colet am..germany neva complain but u foolish loosers con dey open ya big hell dey shout....mtf
LWKMD
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by gidjah(m): 1:24am On Jul 14, 2014
mukina2: Everyone knows that messi is a good player, we accept, but why should FIFA/Sepp Blatter continue this Messi bias?
Mascherano was Argentina's best player by miles.

robbery at its finest angry
I am thinkin its because his team got to d final though he had less assist and seem more helpful to d team than d rest
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Stpirate(m): 1:35am On Jul 14, 2014
Fifa Is A Complete Joke, Their Ranking, Awards... Na All Ojoro. I Like Messi But Golden Boot, Sha Na Just Consolation . MULLER ALL THE WAY.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by cr7lomo: 1:35am On Jul 14, 2014
Pls some of u Sud stop bein biased , try read games , d moment di Maria got injured , Argentina cudnt score again til d WC ended . Messi only performed in d group stage ( one of d weakest groups ) even d argentine press said after d group stage dat Argentina just started dia WC . Di Maria was d main tonic dat was missing in d team , I bliv if it was messi dat was injured and di Maria available , Argentina wud hv beaten d Dutch in normal time and wud hv lifted dis cup . Di Maria's style of play creates space for messi

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by 1miccza: 1:39am On Jul 14, 2014
Debroslink:
Go and collect it from him and give C. Ronaldo

Who is C Ronaldo??Which village e come out from abeg??
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Debroslink: 1:41am On Jul 14, 2014
cr7lomo: Pls some of u Sud stop bein biased , try read games , d moment di Maria got injured , Argentina cudnt score again til d WC ended . Messi only performed in d group stage ( one of d weakest groups ) even d argentine press said after d group stage dat Argentina just started dia WC . Di Maria was d main tonic dat was missing in d team , I bliv if it was messi dat was injured and di Maria available , Argentina wud hv beaten d Dutch in normal time and wud hv lifted dis cup . Di Maria's style of play creates space for messi
Typical comment from a Ronaldo fan. Where was DiMaria against the so-called weak teams? Who assisted DiMaria on his goal?
What is d contribution of Ronaldo @ this world cup?

Pls stop discarding the achievements of Messi @ this world cup because he has performed better and has scored more goals @ this world cup than C.Ronaldo has done in all 3 world cups he has participated.

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by dtermined(m): 1:44am On Jul 14, 2014
The Dangers Of Microwave Ovens,kindly read the full story here http://dtermined.viralgalleries.me/the-dangers-of-microwave-ovens

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Krasid(m): 1:48am On Jul 14, 2014
It should have gone to robben or muller, but FIFA will always try to make messi look good.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Ezegozie(m): 1:48am On Jul 14, 2014
i am not surprise, the bible says in today's gospel
reading

"""Whoever has will be given more, and they will
have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even
what they have will be taken from them."""

Messi won BALLON D'OR for four consecutive times
and made a history that will not be broken in this
century, thereby making him one of the football
immortals.

While MULLER has never won it ever since he was
born.

Maybe FIFA actually considered this and obeyed the
biblical quotation above.

Hahahahhahahah

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 14, 2014
DoroMessi Superstar? Noooo!!!!!! Not in this world cup I watched.... Muller or Rodriguez definitely deserves it.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by hkidola00(m): 2:05am On Jul 14, 2014
WELL FIFA CAN SUCK MY COCK FOR SUCH PROVOCATIVE AWARD

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by EbuGeneral(m): 2:07am On Jul 14, 2014
Victor Moses or Gabriel Reuben
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 14, 2014
tobechi20: Messi didnt score in knockout stage of worldcup
only scoring in groupstage against small teams like nigeria,iran , and bosnia
Chai,messi,
at least, he is better than ronaldo who was disgrace out of the tournament. FOOL
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Mudley313: 3:12am On Jul 14, 2014
Lionel Messi is Adidas' highest-paid footballer, earning £2,000,000 per year to be their poster boy for the sport.

How he won the Adidas Golden Boot award I will never know.

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Drkunle001: 3:14am On Jul 14, 2014

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by sean079: 3:14am On Jul 14, 2014
murimoney: those of u who are lamenting, lemme clear d air 4 ya. Golden ball is 4 best player of d tornament golden boot is 4 highest goal scorer. Messi was d driving force of argentina, whom still led them to d final, yes I know he didn't score any goals in d tornament. Robben played well but was a cheat all along, best diver lol. James rodriguez played his last worldcup game @ the quarter finals n he scored 6 goals which is d highest so he got his golden boot what else? Shurrle was always a subtitute, most of his goals were not vital, but his last asssist was n dat isn't enough. 4 me messi deserved it. smiley #my opinion smiley

guy u try messi deserve it, ur argument was on point

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by greall1: 3:32am On Jul 14, 2014
WHO IS MESSI Or MERCY JOHNSON
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 14, 2014
Haters

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by gabscity(m): 3:37am On Jul 14, 2014
am just alway happy dat all messi haters still accepts dat Messi is a very good player. Messi is an exceptional player, no one can beat dat yet. He is great, he deserves more trophies.....KUDOS Messiless Messi
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by gabscity(m): 3:39am On Jul 14, 2014
bykebyke: Haters

Dont mind all of dem jooor! they no the truth, they wunt say it. Messi is still the best in this WC., all the haters knw too somewhere in the corner of their hearts.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by justi4jesu(f): 4:07am On Jul 14, 2014
The did has already been done.. angry

Messi deserves it.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by 2chains1(m): 4:23am On Jul 14, 2014
yoji:
Let's look at it this way, Germany won the world cup withoutt their best player i.e reus meaning without muller it would have made no difference. But without messi, Argentina will definitely not come near the final sef. So year he does.

Dude their best player is Muller not reus. Go check last world cup (2010) Muller was the golden boot winner.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by gabscity(m): 4:26am On Jul 14, 2014
2chains1:

Dude their best player is Muller not reus. Go check last world cup (2010) Muller was the golden boot winner.

Even if na Musibau, him good reach Messi No German player plays Messi's 20%.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 14, 2014
ayorins:

robben isnt d captain nigga

He was the captain that period the pen was to be taken cos van persie was already substituted nigga.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by 2chains1(m): 4:29am On Jul 14, 2014
Lol! Messi is FIFA's child. Remember in 2010 he was given ballon d'or despite sneijder winning 5 trophies and knocking out Barcelona of the UCL as well reaching the WC final that year and being the joint top scorer with 5 goals. At the end messi was given the award and sneijder wasn't even in the top 3 for the ballon d'or. Well sepp Blatter has confessed to liking messi more than ronaldo so therefore sepp Blatter is a messi fanboy.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by kelechiMarie(f): 4:31am On Jul 14, 2014
Peterjosh:
Did nothing when it mattered most.. You are joke... .l
Weaker teams... Seriously... This is world cup....
sentiments aside you want to tell me messi performed better than james rodriguez or robben? you are a big joke abi na back of T.V you dey watch

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

John Obi Mikel Changes His Name After Nigeria Mistake 13 Years Ago / Barcelona Takes Down Poster Of Neymar For Betraying The Spanish Club / Jay Jay Okocha’s Son With AY And Nwankwo In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.