Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,778 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? (25171 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by jnrbayano(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2014
The people I hear and see do it, including myself haven't in anyway complained of ill health afterwards because the mucus isn't swallowed.

When you clear a child mucus you free the child's nostrils, curb his restlessness and restore back his normal breathing.
The love behind achieving this blinds me of the possible health implications it may cause.

Using tissue/saviet paper in achieving same task is more proper, granted, but it will still need the effort of the child to blow his nose onto it in other to try eliminate the mucus from the inside, and the child may not be able to do that well.
This gives some justification to that old unhygienic style because this requires sucking out the mucus and the child is saved the stress of blowing out.

What I term unhygienic is what my antibodies can't fight, in this case it's a small job for them to deal with smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Burger01(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2014
lynpetra: My mom did that for me and she is still alive tongue
Will do that for my babies.I love ogbono.

I hope you won't suck the brain out in the process. grin

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Burger01(m): 8:54am On Jul 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
even as a man? Officialy, i give up! U don suck things ma guy
I tell you. This man can suck anything.. Yack!
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Godmystrength: 8:55am On Jul 16, 2014
lonelydora: My wife always do it to our baby, whenever i am kissing her, I keep wondering if it is this samr mouth she used for sucking catarrh. Anyway, whether hygenic or not, I will always kiss her
But you won't think about it if she just finished giving u BJ? cool

@OP- I use to think of it as dangerous because i am afraid of them sucking out the baby's brain(don't know why i think so).
But recently(last week), my one year old boy had serious catarrh and cough and i use to feel so bad when he coughs, sneezes, tries to blow his nose and then start crying. One day, i just gathered the courage, put my mouth to his nose and took it away. I did that for like 3 times before i was finally able to do the sucking of the nose. Ayanma sad sad but i was so happy because he was relieved. I did that continuously till the catarrh vanished. I don't know if it is hygenic or not but i will still do it again if i need to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Nwaobualor(m): 8:57am On Jul 16, 2014
All these ladies saying its unhygienic to suck a baby's nostrils during blockage; what do we say of you when you go about sucking the male organ of every man you meet on your way not minding his HIV status,syphilis, gonorrhea, staphilococus etc? Nonsense! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
hmmm..u LUV it? or u jst do it as a matter of necessity? U can't jst luv it.,it's unhygienic madam..
i know its unhygienic but that doesn't mean u are dirty, doing it makes †ђξ
Baby feel alright, just prefer it to any other method that's all.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Ufranklin92(m): 9:02am On Jul 16, 2014
fulloflife: I don't think it's hygienic but i did it anyways. I have 4 children and I did it for all them at their infancy oo!.I don't really see it as a big deal; after all some people suck some other things
grin

Abi na diccck u mean abi
Talk true

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by wordcat(m): 9:02am On Jul 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
ok,u don try. Y nt drink urine n chew poo already while we r at it.,n blame it on Nigeria being unhygienic..funny dude

People are taking what is worse than that here in nigeria.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:03am On Jul 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
d more i thnk of it, d mre i lose appetite 4 food in advance of 3 meals..una dey try o
that means u cant do it ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ ur own child?
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by pheyenyen(f): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2014
lynpetra:

lol.Cattarh is bad o.D you realize you can't breath well when you have catarrh and cough. Very uncomfortable illness. You can't even perceive when your house tus burning or when a gas is licking
yes oo I agree it was catarrh that killed my grandma. if it can kill a old woman it will stress freely kill an infant. so do all u have to do to safe ur child. dats y mummies are always loved by their children than daddies even wen the mother is poor. #Godblessallthemummies#

2 Likes

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by pheyenyen(f): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Burger01:

I hope you won't suck the brain out in the process. grin
lol funny u
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by phadat(m): 9:14am On Jul 16, 2014
with all pleasure I will gladly do it for my kids in as much as my parent , especially my mum did it for me, hygienic or not my kids well being matters a lot
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by ireneidiva(f): 9:15am On Jul 16, 2014
thorpido: You can't use a handkerchief for that small a baby.The baby can't blow and you can't get in the nostrils.
My mother used wipes for all her kids, none died! I have never seen anyone suck that! I just hear and hopefully, will never watch that disgusting act.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by missojugo(f): 9:17am On Jul 16, 2014
TV01: Hygenic? who cares?

As soon as I spot anything "bubbling" around his nostrils, I vacuum it up like "dyson". Hot or cold, watery, soft or hard.
My boy is used to it. As soon as he sees me lean forward with pursed lips he knows it aint "kissy kissy" time.

He immediately closes his eyes, clenches his fists and instinctively opens his mouth. I don't stop till he starts gasping for breath.
It typically happens when I bathe him in the morning or evening, so straight down the plughole - but I'll "act on sight".

I once did it during his weekly swimming lesson. Come see whooping and cheering (if de bogey enter water, these oyinbos go abandon class 0!). My man is used to it now, oft times he'll just tug my shirt and say "daddy suck nose" grin!

Salt content varies, but can be a great health indicator.

While mummy is looking for "wipe", daddy is doing like "Action Jackson"

Awesome for bonding.

Dem suppose hashtag am sef!

TV

Take kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss.....Why no be u i marry na? lol........ Me i cant do it oh, i will only help him hold one nostril shut then tell him 'oya blow very hard out from the open nostril'!
Did you say 'while you bath him in the morning'?? Oya take some more kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss and report me to your wife cause i will send more kisses in a bit embarassed
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Tintinix: 9:21am On Jul 16, 2014
Its really no big deal..

Has it made anyone sick afterwards.. most likely not as we have colds as adult anyway..
Is it disgusting.. to onlookers it would be since the baby is not yours, (I don't see my self sucking out my conjoined twin's child catarrh).
Its body fluids, we feel safe with our own that we know..
How many people lick their baby's spoon to remove falling drops of food before putting it in baby's mouth even though baby has a bib on, all is body fluids.

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by tchigofigo(m): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2014
Godmystrength: But you won't think about it if she just finished giving u BJ? cool

@OP- I use to think of it as dangerous because i am afraid of them sucking out the baby's brain(don't know why i think so).
But recently(last week), my one year old boy had serious catarrh and cough and i use to feel so bad when he coughs, sneezes, tries to blow his nose and then start crying. One day, i just gathered the courage, put my mouth to his nose and took it away. I did that for like 3 times before i was finally able to do the sucking of the nose. Ayanma sad sad but i was so happy because he was relieved. I did that continuously till the catarrh vanished. I don't know if it is hygenic or not but i will still do it again if i need to.
maybe i'l learn to do it 'instinctively' when d time comes..and when the NEEEED arises..,as 4 sucking out brain.,can brain cm out tru d nostrils? funny
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Decibel: 9:23am On Jul 16, 2014
blesoh: Personally as a mother i cant do it,its disgusting.
You should be stripped off the Certificate of Motherhood you acquired at the Nairaland Institute of Marital Affairs(NIMA). tongue
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Godmystrength: 9:24am On Jul 16, 2014
missojugo:

Take kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss.....Why no be u i marry na? lol........ Me i cant do it oh, i will only help him hold one nostril shut then tell him 'oya blow very hard out from the ope nostril'!
Did you say 'while you bath him in the morning'?? Oya take some more kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss an report me to your wife cause i will send more kisses in a bit embarassed
That can only be possible if the baby is older, how can you explain this to a baby that is a year old or even less than that. Some adults don't even know how to blow their own nose.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Godmystrength: 9:25am On Jul 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
maybe i'l learn to do it 'instinctively' when d time comes..and when the NEEEED arises..,as 4 sucking out brain.,can brain cm out tru d nostrils? funny
i don't think so. That was just my own personal secret fear.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by sweetgala(m): 9:32am On Jul 16, 2014
I doubt it is , I know my friend got this nose sucker device which is attached to the vacuum and used to clear the baby's nostrils , it looked safe and ideal
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by baybiemee: 9:33am On Jul 16, 2014
When ur baby can't breath well and can't suck and u hv no suction, wait and think of how hygienic it is.

2 Likes

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by tchigofigo(m): 9:34am On Jul 16, 2014
Decibel: You should be stripped off the Certificate of Motherhood you acquired at the Nairaland Institute of Marital Affairs(NIMA). tongue
funny..wc 1 be NIMA again? I hrd dre r alternatives for catarrh evacuation, n i think it's safer..so her NIMA certificate is intact if she uses them..lol
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by maputohq: 9:34am On Jul 16, 2014
sincerely speaking, while I was younger; maybe 12-13. I did that to one of my baby brothers... mama no dey around, no other method seem sensible, I send my lips direct to im nose...
It was never yucky. At least some children dey drink am lyk water.
well I can only do it to babies, maybe below two and only babies closely related...any other is a no no.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by winner01(m): 9:35am On Jul 16, 2014
lynpetra: My mom did that for me and she is still alive tongue
Will do that for my babies.I love ogbono.
ogbono. EWwww. *Pukes*

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Vividprint: 9:36am On Jul 16, 2014
I suck my boys nose anytime,
I cant stand the discomfort it gives him,
his mum does too!!!

Hygeine!!!!-i will give him comfort over anything in this world.

2 Likes

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by collinsanthony: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=fulloflife]I don't think it's hygienic but i did it anyways. I have 4 children and I did it for all them at their infancy oo!.I don't really see it as a big deal; after all some people suck some other things
Some other things like what?
Can someone tell me what other things they suck?....LOOOOOLLLL

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by tchigofigo(m): 9:38am On Jul 16, 2014
missojugo:

Take kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss.....Why no be u i marry na? lol........ Me i cant do it oh, i will only help him hold one nostril shut then tell him 'oya blow very hard out from the open nostril'!
Did you say 'while you bath him in the morning'?? Oya take some more kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss and report me to your wife cause i will send more kisses in a bit embarassed
hey! Wetin u de gv am? ok, na me get thread, oya, gv me my own o..bt mk ur oga no catch us o..
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by winner01(m): 9:39am On Jul 16, 2014
Lolaabokoku: I love suckling M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊
Babys mucus ώϊ†̥̥ђ M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊
Mouth,, it makes his throat clear,, its faster than the kit, free. And Ɣ☺ΰ
Can do it anywhere Ɣ☺ΰ
Go.. Its just å. Matter of spitting it out immediately!
ill never kiss anybody again
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by juanmiguel: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2014
when i can do for a baby dats nt mine, y can't i do it for my baby? There no big deal. Would you rather squeeze ur baby's nose to bring out half or jst gently suck out all?
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Decibel: 9:42am On Jul 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
funny..wc 1 be NIMA again? I hrd dre r alternatives for catarrh evacuation, n i think it's safer..so her NIMA certificate is intact if she uses them..lol
The way and manner she presented her case calls for a review in her NIMA Certificate. wink
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by tchigofigo(m): 9:43am On Jul 16, 2014
Lolaabokoku: that means u cant do it ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ ur own child?
wat's d mum's mouth for? she'l do all d sucking..,since mums like taking all d praise, leaving little or none for dads

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NHRC Stops Marriage Of 40year Old Man To Primary 5 Pupil / Maternity Photoshoot Of Mother Of 4 With Her Children / Tips For Mothers On How To Survive This Harsh Nigerian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.