Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? (25166 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Missmossy(f): 10:40am On Jul 16, 2014
Dygeasy: You're kidding right? grin
Not at all,i'm damn serious "grin"
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by joedrae(m): 10:40am On Jul 16, 2014
@OP, personally I think its a bad idea because I know of an aunt that her mother-in-law sucked out the brain of the child in the process of sucking the nostrils. Since then, that in-law wasn't invited to take care of her children and I tell people not to do it as well.

My two kobo.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by lagcity(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2014
No, it is not hygienic and i wont recommend it. It seems like a lot of commentators haven't heard about suction cups. they work just fine.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:46am On Jul 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
wat's d mum's mouth for? she'l do all d sucking..,since mums like taking all d praise, leaving little or none for dads
jealousy,, jealousy... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:47am On Jul 16, 2014
winner01: ill never kiss anybody again
funny mangrin
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Lavender88(f): 10:50am On Jul 16, 2014
Bleep hygienic! Wen my baby's life is in danger...hv u ever imagined hw uncomfortable cartarrh is to an adult not to talk of a helpless baby

2 Likes

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 16, 2014
joedrae: @OP, personally I think its a bad idea because I know of an aunt that her mother-in-law sucked out the brain of the child in the process of sucking the nostrils. Since then, that in-law wasn't invited to take care of her children and I tell people not to do it as well.

My two kobo.

Hia!!
Suck out brain?That's unbelievable !!!

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Lavender88: Bleep hygienic! Wen my baby's life is in danger...hv u ever imagined hw uncomfortable cartarrh is to an adult not to talk of a helpless baby

Very uncomfortable,very very uncomfortable.Worst is,its not like it has immediate cure from drugs.

2 Likes

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2014
fulloflife: I don't think it's hygienic but i did it anyways. I have 4 children and I did it for all them at their infancy oo!.I don't really see it as a big deal; after all some people suck some other things
grin
grin grin grin this got me lafin but so true
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by ifihearam: 11:00am On Jul 16, 2014
see this agbaya here forming aje over mothers sucking their babies nostrils.....which is worst between nostrils and the dirty girls p**sy you suck every day.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by willorie(f): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2014
JEEZ! dn't think it's hygiene ladies......yes ur mother did it maybe because she was not educated on it "no offense" or couldn't stand to see u in pains Note: the westerners ain't doing it nao, they have a device for it just like they have a device for sucking out breast milk for babies.......we a need a seminar to illuminate us on that earnestly

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by tosyne2much(m): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2014
In the actual sense, mothers deserve more respect dan fathers.... As irritating as It sounds, mothers stil do it.... Kudos to my mother and all the mothers dat can do dis

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
as a dad or dad 2 be, u no go 'luv' ur children? So if dts d only option won't u jst manage, try..,n vomit later?

There should be other alternatives na. Sucking isn't the only method.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 16, 2014
willorie: JEEZ! dn't think it's hygiene ladies......yes ur mother did it maybe because she was not educated on it "no offense" or couldn't stand to see u in pains Note: the westerners ain't doing it nao, they have a device for it just like they have a device for sucking out breast milk for babies.......we a need a seminar to illuminate us on that earnestly
Well Said! 1000 likes ma'am! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by jericco1(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2014
Totally Unhygenic & revolting, I don't know if my mum did that to me but who cares. Mums want their kids to be healthy.. Tissue can't do the stuff correctly.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2014
African Mothers: sucking nostril since 1100AD
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 16, 2014
willorie: JEEZ! dn't think it's hygiene ladies......yes ur mother did it maybe because she was not educated on it "no offense" or couldn't stand to see u in pains Note: the westerners ain't doing it nao, they have a device for it just like they have a device for sucking out breast milk for babies.......we a need a seminar to illuminate us on that earnestly
. Yeah! The westerners have done all sorts of things to make it easier. When your baby is finding it difficult to breathe, you will leave ur baby to look for the suction gadget? These things are done instinctively. You can't be carrying so many baggages with u everytime dear. NB: we know about all these things you mentioned above but we prefer our africa method. Faster and easier!
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by mencade5(m): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2014
lynpetra: My mom did that for me and she is still alive tongue
Will do that for my babies.I love ogbono.
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by tchigofigo(m): 11:33am On Jul 16, 2014
ihedinobi2:
I've just checked it and seen the device. Very pretty. I'd still use my mouth on my kids. Done it for my nephew a few times already. Effective enough. And I'm still alive and kicking hard. Perhaps I'll buy the device and frame it to show my kids when they are all grown and start acting posh like you grin

No offence meant o.
dts d spirit bro..,ur mind is there..bt i no de act posh o..
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by plasgidy: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2014
What a mother or father will see his or her baby of one month to a year gasping for air do to Nose block and will fold hands and look?

I do use my mouth to decongest my babies nose it does not kill neither does it harm me, these are babies who's not exposed to some rubbish like aldults.

You can't do it but you can suck Dickson and pussy and anus ini?
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 16, 2014
Toh... grin
tchigofigo:
oluwa! Hw does it taste? Shit i guess..n 4 d part abt 'sucking other things'..hmmm..akamu pass akamu..dt one get nutrients o
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Godmystrength: 11:55am On Jul 16, 2014
imagine some people having problem with sucking mucus but can travel miles to go suck a phallus. mtscheeeew. Which is more disgusting/unhygienic....................
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by tchigofigo(m): 11:58am On Jul 16, 2014
joedrae: @OP, personally I think its a bad idea because I know of an aunt that her mother-in-law sucked out the brain of the child in the process of sucking the nostrils. Since then, that in-law wasn't invited to take care of her children and I tell people not to do it as well.

My two kobo.
u cant be serious right? brain 4m nostrils? naada..aw e take appen?
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by jayriginal: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2014
lynpetra: My mom did that for me and she is still alive tongue
Will do that for my babies.I love ogbono.

TV01: Hygenic? who cares?

As soon as I spot anything "bubbling" around his nostrils, I vacuum it up like "dyson". Hot or cold, watery, soft or hard.
My boy is used to it. As soon as he sees me lean forward with pursed lips he knows it aint "kissy kissy" time.

He immediately closes his eyes, clenches his fists and instinctively opens his mouth. I don't stop till he starts gasping for breath.
It typically happens when I bathe him in the morning or evening, so straight down the plughole - but I'll "act on sight".

I once did it during his weekly swimming lesson. Come see whooping and cheering (if de bogey enter water, these oyinbos go abandon class 0!). My man is used to it now, oft times he'll just tug my shirt and say "daddy suck nose" grin!

Salt content varies, but can be a great health indicator.

While mummy is looking for "wipe", daddy is doing like "Action Jackson"

Awesome for bonding.

Dem suppose hashtag am sef!

TV

You guys are awesome!

2 Likes

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by nairalife2013(m): 11:59am On Jul 16, 2014
Itz reasonable to figure an ulterior motif when some one ends his speech with no vex o! It comes with a stealthy sarcasm that can easily be perceived by a discerning audience or reader.I feel great great joy when I speak about my family,no matter how many times, that should not bother u anyway, if u are sincere in your judgement as a gentleman wid a broadmind and a FAMILY, as u stated. Bro Itz a wide sky for all. they love me greatly, upon all my mistakes... That fires me a lot... I love to read about family and men who admits thier mistakes. There are posts by others on nl I read over and over again. Thatz one of my sports. It may not be yours. Itz funny when little things exasperate peopl and they go ahead and spill it. I ignore little things. It's not every1 that go to read all posts on nairaland. U can restate a situation already stated in another post, especially when issues are connected. A new person can stumble on it and learn. Thatz why it is called a forum. Gosh! Watch yur critics cos u may hav responsible members or guests who are following u, even widout u knowing.

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Godmystrength: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2014
Okay i agree with you. But i hope they also have devices for sucking phallus and its partner in crime...........
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by Layolaw(f): 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
Doing it does nt make you a good or bad mother. I only did it once when my 2nd baby was just 2mths old, I just can't do it again becuase it disgusting, there are other ways of removng the mucus hurting the babys' nose

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by nairalife2013(m): 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
Layolaw: Doing it does nt make you a good or bad mother. I only did it once when my 2nd baby was just 2mths old, I just can't do it again becuase it disgusting, there are other ways of removng the mucus hurting the babys' nose
u are absolutely right Layolaw
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by nairalife2013(m): 12:26pm On Jul 16, 2014
lynpetra:

Hia!!
Suck out brain?That's unbelievable !!!
itz unbelievable but true. My wife told me that itz medically wrong as it drags or pressurizes d infant's bonce noodles, she din't want to say brains cos dat would hav bn too raw for my taking! Now I do it very gently when it comes.

1 Like

Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by tchigofigo(m): 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
Godmystrength: imagine some people having problem with sucking mucus but can travel miles to go suck a phallus. mtscheeeew. Which is more disgusting/unhygienic....................
Re: Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? by beeevan: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
I just can't, I have brought my mouth within inches of their nostrils at some point, then realized that I can't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Short Men MAKE Better Husbands Than Tall Ones –study / NHRC Stops Marriage Of 40year Old Man To Primary 5 Pupil / Maternity Photoshoot Of Mother Of 4 With Her Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.