Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? (16268 Views)

NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / Jonathan Moves To Prevent Doctors' Strike (Meets With NMA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by nobilis: 11:40am On Jul 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

You don't get my point. I am not saying that OAU mbbs cutoff ain't higher that Pharmacy own.

I am pretty sure that the dude ain't an OAU student/graduate.
But, my point is "OAU pharmacy cutoff is higher than some school's Mbbs cuttoff".

Btw, some Mbbs student entered through runse i.e Vc list and so many more.

Not all pharmacy student are Medical doctor wannabee i.e Not all wanted to study Medicine at first.

Atleast, highest in UI p.jamb for Pharmacy was 78 while Medicine(83) and Pharmacy cutoff was 60 while Mbbs was 70. She even beat Medicine cutoff handsdown.

Some Pharmacy student never liked Medicine.
That your point @bolded doesn't make sense. You don't compare pharmacy cut off in OAU with MBBS cut off in oda skuls. You don't compare two values with different backgrounds.

Compare pharmacy cut off in OAU with medicine cut off in OAU. And compare pharmacy cut off in other schools with medicine cut off in other schools. Na wa to u ooo.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 18, 2014
kenonze:

its a pity, may his soul RIP.
am pretty worried abt this JOHESU.
They should rethink and do the needful.
A nurse (strong supporter of JOHESU) came to my clinic 2nights ago shouting help help help ....doctor doctor ...my brother is dying, help help... I looked at time, it was 2am, I did the needful and the brother got healed .
earlier before now,
this same nurse said she will not work for any private hospital because we cannot pay what govt pays. she so much detest Doctors to the extent that all my colleagues avoids her.
but when the appointed time came she trace my clinic with her "k-leg ".

story story. Every NL doc suddenly has a clinic including the medical interns. grin
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 18, 2014
nobilis:

Has anyone prevented you or other pharmacists from getting a postgraduate medical degree so that you can head hospitals? NMA is not preventing that. I'm very sure.
this post is ridiculous. Medical deGree at postgraduate? POST- U are trying hard to be unreasonable. This aint an insult, but a necessary fact.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2014
nobilis:
That your point @bolded doesn't make sense. You don't compare pharmacy cut off in OAU with MBBS cut off in oda skuls. You don't compare two values with different backgrounds.

Compare pharmacy cut off in OAU with medicine cut off in OAU. And compare pharmacy cut off in other schools with medicine cut off in other schools. Na wa to u ooo.

Okay! We all know that more student chose Medicine than Pharmacy in any school that's why.

Example, 10,000 choose Medicine in UI this year and they won't admit more than 120 through jamb, don't you think there cutoff would be higher?.

Only 1,900+ chose pharmacy and the school admit like 90.

Now, who deserves more cutoff We all know it ain't about brilliance but number is the determining factor.

1 Like

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Victomolola: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2014
nouveaux: you are neither brilliant nor excellent. Why? Cos If you are, ur dumbb brain will reason dat no two courses can have the same cut off points given that the NUMBER of APPLICANTS and REQUIRED STUDENTS DIFFERS. In OAU, during my set, about 11,000 students chosed medicine in JAMB compare dat to about 2000 of pharmacy. Also 100 was admitted from all angles (pd,JAMB, man knw man etc) for medicine while close to 140 for pharmacy. I have given u enough clues for the quantitative reasoning and analysis. Get your arsse down and think. Ooooh, what about those withdrawn mid way into medical school? Even after acing JAMB? Guess JAMB score isn't a yardstick afterall. You lots are dumbbb. The earlier u admit, the better.
I have never seen an intelligent man, which you claim to be, insulting another person while arguing!!! What do you think makes everybody to choose mbbs like that? Most of pharmacy students I know, failed to secure mbbs admission, before going to pharmacy school!!! Next time, don't insult someone that is much intelligent and perspicacious than you and joe hates you colleagues!!!
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by drered(m): 11:56am On Jul 18, 2014
Victomolola: I have never seen an intelligent man, which you claim to be, insulting another person while arguing!!! What do you think make everybody to choose mbbs like that? Most of pharmacy student I know failed to secure mbbs admission, before going to pharmacy school!!! Next time, don't insult someone that is much intelligent and perspicacious than you and joe hates you colleagues!!!
Lies, Conjectures. +it says a lot about the kind of person you are since this imaginary people are the ones that are all around you. You will nt survive in pharmacy school if u don't survive in medical school..
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by drered(m): 11:56am On Jul 18, 2014
Victomolola: I have never seen an intelligent man, which you claim to be, insulting another person while arguing!!! What do you think make everybody to choose mbbs like that? Most of pharmacy student I know failed to secure mbbs admission, before going to pharmacy school!!! Next time, don't insult someone that is much intelligent and perspicacious than you and joe hates you colleagues!!!
Lies, Conjectures. +it says a lot about the kind of person you are since this imaginary people are the ones that are all around you. You will nt survive in pharmacy school if u don't survive in medical school..
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by sisiafrika(f): 11:56am On Jul 18, 2014
please work on your grammar. Mr Intelligent. And, he has a point, kindly sit over the post and re read. I'm sure you are a student. I laughhhhhh.

1 Like

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by sisiafrika(f): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2014
I have missed a lot sha! @siddon look@
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 18, 2014
nobilis:

Has anyone prevented you or other pharmacists from getting a postgraduate medical degree so that you can head hospitals? NMA is not preventing that. I'm very sure.

Haha, this my friend doesn't know issues. With the NMA eye balls always popping out with greed, you think they'll let non-mbbs guys attend postgraduate colleges in our teaching hospitals, even if they qualified. Go to luth and see what's going at that PG med. college. Why do you think the Pharmacists,Scientists and nurses now have(or crave to have) their own seperate National postgraduate colleges.

NMA have only succeeded in militarizimg the minds of young health professionals.
The apartheid instituted in our health system by NMA will have to change. There is no going back on that.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by kerrymaranto: 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
Google pay 97$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 1o hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is wha­ I do

Check Freely..... www.MoneyKin.Com
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by armadeo(m): 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

story story. Every NL doc suddenly has a clinic including the medical interns. grin

So you agree that most drs don't have private clinics they divert patients to grin grin grin
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Victomolola: 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
sisiafrika: please work on your grammar. Mr Intelligent. And, he has a point, kindly sit over the post and re read. I'm sure you are a student. I laughhhhhh.
Professor Wole Soyinka---which you claimed to be, I'm excupated from your insult; because english language is not my mother's tongue and I'm not perfect like you!!! But I want you to know that, Lord Jesus, is the only one that's perfect!!!
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Zeusd3(m): 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
pls pls stop circlenavigating around the issue still remains... a bicycle repairer can not b d president of NURTW... period..
doctors am behind u guyz
i can spend countless years in school and be adminstrated by an drug administer... NAIJA NA WA OOOO

3 Likes

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Victomolola: I have never seen an intelligent man, which you claim to be, insulting another person while arguing!!! What do you think makes everybody to choose mbbs like that? Most of pharmacy students I know, failed to secure mbbs admission, before going to pharmacy school!!! Next time, don't insult someone that is much intelligent and perspicacious than you and joe hates you colleagues!!!

LOL! We all know that they deserves the admission.

School admit olodo peeps into Mbbs through runse and some of them settle for Pharmacy.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by nobilis: 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Haha, this my friend doesn't know issues. With the NMA eye balls always popping out with greed, you think they'll let non-mbbs guys attend postgraduate colleges in our teaching hospitals, even if they qualified. Go to luth and see what's going at that PG med. college. Why do you think the Pharmacists,Scientists and nurses now have(or crave to have) their own seperate National postgraduate colleges.

NMA have only succeeded in militarizimg the minds of young health professionals.
The apartheid instituted in our health system by NMA will have to change. There is no going back on that.

This guy again? I just wished you didn't quote me. Cos ur penchant for lies and twisting facts is unparalleled.

Did Prof Dora Akunyili acquire her postgraduate pharmacology degree in a post-graduate medical college or postgraduate pharmaceutical college? Was it not in a university that she obtained the postgraduate degree? Or is the NMA in charge of NUC now?

Every professional body whether an academy or college has specified entry requirements. How do u expect a pharmacist or nurse to be a member of a postgraduate medical college when they have not met the specific entry requirements.

Please oga healthlabs, stop quoting me to twist details and facts. Your reputation as a liar and details-twister is well known in this health section already.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by sisiafrika(f): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
Victomolola: Professor Wole Soyinka---which you claimed to be, I'm excupated from your insult; because english language is not my mother's tongue and I'm not perfect like you!!! But I want you to know that, Lord Jesus, is the only one that's perfect!!!
baby boi, stop screaming! Intellegent people don't scream.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
armadeo:

So you agree that most drs don't have private clinics they divert patients to grin grin grin

Logic. grin
Let me tell you how it goes.Consultant (cardiologists e.g)working for govt have private clinics/centers, now when a patients meets a Medical officer or resident or someone close to that Consultant. He tells you 'oh we don't have this machine go to this clinic ( of course Consultant cardiologist's clinic) pay N100,000 for the Scans. Same thing happens in other departments like Ortho, O&G et.c
Pathologists divert all Biopsy and Autopsy samples to their unaccredited private labs. This is how our physicians run hospital rackets.Method---->emblezzle hospital funds, starve the hospital of equipments and then divert the patient's money to your private pockets.

Do we still wonder why NMA would rather die than leave or share hospital administration/headship?
They are all comrades in hospital-patient's-fund embezzlement.
EFCC should have branch offices in all our public hospitals. Yes it's that bad.

We all know these things, we are not blind. Can you swear on your honour that i'm wrong?

1 Like

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
nobilis:

This guy again? I just wished you didn't quote me. Cos ur penchant for lies and twisting facts is unparalleled.

Did Prof Dora Akunyili acquire her postgraduate pharmacology degree in a post-graduate medical college or postgraduate pharmaceutical college? Was it not in a university that she obtained the postgraduate degree? Or is the NMA in charge of NUC now?

Every professional body whether an academy or college has specified entry requirements. How do u expect a pharmacist or nurse to be a member of a postgraduate medical college when they have not met the specific entry requirements.

Please oga healthlabs, stop quoting me to twist details and facts. Your reputation as a liar and details-twister is well known in this health section already.

Let Nigerians judge, the truth keeps coming out everyday.

Well, we'll start posting 'very important' documents on every online forum. Keep your fingers crossed. grin
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by lebienconnu: 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
Stop this hatred game please. It is not doing us any good.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
Victomolola: then, which course has the highest cut-off mark?
of course its medicine, but compare that of medicine to nursing, cos some people re whining here as if the difference is 100 points, and those dentists too who call themselves doctors, as u can see, nursing has a higher cut off points than dentistry
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by rockhillz(m): 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
adeoladrg: Smh

Before you write on any issue I'd advice that you
make proper research into the subject matter. One
thing you must realise is that the only constant
thing in life is change and when. In today's
medical world due to the ever growing health
challenges and nEed for better care other
professionals in the health sector don't just stop at
getting first degrees, they are specializing in
different areas in their chosen fields to better eqyip
them do peform their fxn better. All this is geared
towards better patients care. Unfortunately
Nigerian Drs see it as a threat to them because
they feel if others are granted consultancy rights
they will come to their level. There is no point
disputing the fact that Drs are leaders in the health
care team. The mark of a true leader is to do your
job and ensure that ur team mates also do theirs.
They cannot do so if they are nor trained to.
Nigerian Drs should come down from their
egocentric world and emulate what other countries
are doing then we would be the better for it. I'll
ask why is it that they are always quick to go on
strike with any liTtle misunderstanding? Why can't
they try every other possible means b4 resrting to
strike?

what JOHESU is
demanding for Is not out of place but it is
happening all over the world. As far as I'm
concerned this matter is not worth the lives that
have been lost and are still being lost everyday due
to this strike.

very simple
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by lebienconnu: 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
Victomolola: Is that mean I'm related to governor or vc? Oau cut off mark, 2011/2012: mbbs= 295; pharm or joe hates you=245 2012/2013: mbbs = 262; pharm or joe hates you 235 2013/2014 mbbs 270.5; pharm or joe hates you 250.5 pre degree 2013/2014 mbbs =80.7; pharm or joe hates you=70.5!!! Who is much brilliant and excellent, tell me?

Guy.. This is too harsh now. At least have some pity. 9 outta 10 pharmacists hate doctors like hell. joe hates you explains it all.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by armadeo(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Logic. grin
Let me tell you how it goes.Consultant (cardiologists e.g)working for govt have private clinics/centers, now when a patients meets a Medical officer or resident or someone close to that Consultant. He tells you 'oh we don't have this machine go to this clinic (of of course Consultant cardiologist's clinic) pay N100,000 for all Scans. Same thing happens in other departments like Ortho, O&G et.c
Pathologists divert all Biopsy and Autopsy samples to their unacrredited private labs. This is how our physicians run hospital rackets.Method---->emblezzle hospital funds, starve the hospital of equipments and then divert the patient's money to your private pockets.

Do we still wonder why NMA would rather die than leave or share hospital administration.
They are all comrades in hospital and patient's-fund embezzlement.
EFCC should have branch offices in all our public hospitals. Yes it's that bad.

We all know these things, we are not blind. Can you swear on honour that i'm wrong?

Yourhealthlabs..... Conquer your hatred.

Eg in lagos, ct scans and mri arent commonplace. So if i tell a patient ti go to mecure or eko hospital, that means i own it.

There is lack of some equipment in govt hospitals and patients are sent to private places to get it done. Now does the HOD of a dept starve his dept of funds? No he can only request and it us up to management to provide. If his management plan includes an investigation which the hospital facility doesn't provide then by all means he can send the patient outside or is that illogical?

2 Likes

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by armadeo(m): 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Let Nigerians judge, the truth keeps coming out everyday.

Well, we start posting 'very important' documents on every online forum. Keep your fingers crossed. grin

A beg we are waiting.

The interesting thing about this whole saga is no matter hiw we debate argue and shout on this issue. There is only one possible outcome no matter which route is followed. I only feel for Nigerians.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Samgreguc(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
Afrocatalyst: Pharmacists are nt trained to head hospitals like doctors. Why beating around the bush na?
no one except hospital administrators are trained to head the hospital. But, then Pharmacy students one or two admin courses and even pharmacoeconomics.

1 Like

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
If only this thread will make my creditor pay so I can order new goods..
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by elobyobi: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
Samgreguc:
no one except hospital administrators are trained to head the hospital. But, then Pharmacy students one or two admin courses and even pharmacoeconomics.

And doctors take management courses. And enterpreneurship lectures. Say something else.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by phillip4re: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
hybridtm: why so much hate for doctors,in dis country. we just lost a classmate in biochemistry dept, in UNIBEN ....wen we took him 2 UBTH the doctors were on strike and...sincerely the nurses were confused on wat 2 do.
if u can be like them..pls don,t hate dem
i am not a medical doctor,but i support this strike..even most nigeria teaching hospitals and medical centres pharmacy are not that functional.most patients go outside the hospital to buy drugs,example,kunle ara pharmacy at uch or akol at lautech teaching hospital ogb.let the hierarchy be well defined.they're not mates in any form

2 Likes

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by chucs: 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
thegeneral84:
Though I don't want to sound callous but the raw truth is " Pharmacists (or any other Allied Medical Profession) going on strike alone would have little or no impact", the main reason for their coming together to form JOHESU in the hope that their impact would be felt then. Your reason for staying together is the "collective hatred" for Doctors. There is no way a common hatred can successfully keep two or more persons together. You can't decide to marry a girl only because you both hate say "saloon cars". Sadly, That is what JOHESU is.
And your point is that you are enjoying the impact, right?
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by chucs: 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
Afrocatalyst: Pharmacists are nt trained to head hospitals like doctors. Why beating around the bush na?
Shut the hell up!!!! Who trained the doctor to head hospital?
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Samgreguc(m): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
nobilis:

The DG of NAFDAC, Dr Paul Orhii is a pharmacologist. The former DG of NAFDAC, Late Prof Dora Akunyili was also a pharmacologist and a toxicologist.

So what exactly is your headache?
U know the truth so, stop dogding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG Dispatches Team To Jigawa Over ‘Unusual Deaths’, Almajiri Cases / Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil -100% Pure Organic! / Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.