Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? (16270 Views)

NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / Jonathan Moves To Prevent Doctors' Strike (Meets With NMA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by lilfizzie: 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
matify:

That man is a Neuro- pharmacologist.

And was practicing law before his appointment as DG NAFDAC.

If dats d case, we also have clinical pharmacists who know all about an hospital setting, infact dia is department in pharmacy skul called 'department of clinical pharmacy nd pharmacy administration'. Dis means dat we take mgt courses but such does not apply to medicine. In essence, what u said is bullshit.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
lilfizzie:
If dats d case, we also have clinical pharmacists who know all about an hospital setting, infact dia is department in pharmacy skul called 'department of clinical pharmacy nd pharmacy administration'. Dis means dat we take mgt courses but such does not apply to medicine. In essence, what u said is bullshit.

Really?

Then let the patients start seeing them instead of chasing the doctors to their homes and private clinics for consultations.

Why display ignorance with impunity?

4 Likes

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by elobyobi: 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
Samgreguc:
bro, Pharmacology is one of the 5 to 6 departments in Pharmacy.

Ur p0!nt be!ng...?
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Samgreguc(m): 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
elobyobi:

Ur p0!nt be!ng...?
am saying d truth.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Samgreguc(m): 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
matify:

Really?

Then let the patients start seeing them instead of chasing the doctors to their homes and private clinics for consultations.

are u this timid?
Who says Clinical Pharmacy is Medicine?

1 Like

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by luckize: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2014

1 Like

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Cmanforall: 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
nouveaux: NMA is a joke. A pharmacist is a business man, an adminatrator. The rigorous curriculum bestowed that on him. With administrative pharmacy and pharmacoeconomics, you can't go wrong with handing your managerial assignments to a pharmacist. If pharmacology was pharmacy, then pigs would fly. Guess a degree in pharmacy, law, public health, and management would allow the 'doctors' be at peace with a pharmacist being the Minister of Health or the CMD? Its okay, so far its on their side, but foul if otherwise. The heat is on!

This is still the problem with JOHESU.... They still have internal beefs among themselves... Pharmacists HATRED for Pharmacologists/Pharm technicians; Lab. Scientists beef for Lab. Technicians/Biochemists/microbiologist; Diploma nurses beefing Bsc nurses... Etc etc... They should remove the log in their eyes 1st of all.....

2 Likes

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by godsony: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
hybridtm: why so much hate for doctors,in dis country. we just lost a classmate in biochemistry dept, in UNIBEN ....wen we took him 2 UBTH the doctors were on strike and...sincerely the nurses were confused on wat 2 do.
if u can be like them..pls don,t hate dem

YOU ARE. A FOOOOL! YOU PROBABLY DID NOT PASS your ECONS IN. WAEC ,
You would ve known the differences btw division of Labour and specialization
DODS ARE NOT NURSES, NURSES are not docs
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by freeyayo(m): 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
matify:

Being a Neuro- Pharmacologist has nothing to do with being a Pharmacist. Whoever wants to be a Pharmacist should write JAMB, enter a Pharmacy sch and Graduate then we can talk.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by echarlz(m): 9:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
evanscheck: And the point is dat he is not a pharmacist,so he cud nt have held that post. But he was allowed and no strike action was embarked

The DG was not even known in Nigeria medical circles. NMA didn't know how he was appointed by late president Yar'adua. NMA didn't have to pull down PSN or any professional group or person for that matter before the DG was appointed. Prior to then, were there doctors manning any of the directorates of NAFDAC? And even till now. Again, med doctors are no irrational people and will not sacrifice merit on the altar of some mean professional rivalry. I insist, if PSN had not gone into this alliance under johesu, and a pharmacist or any professional in the health team proves his capability, there wouldn't have been any need for this crisis.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Samgreguc(m): 9:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
Cmanforall:

This is still the problem with JOHESU.... They still have internal beefs among them... Pharmacists HATRED for Pharmacologists/Pharm technicians; Lab. Scientists beef for Lab. Technicians/Biochemists/microbiologist; Diploma nurses beefing Bsc nurses... Etc etc... They should remove the log in their eyes 1st of all.....
where is the beef in his post.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Arinze96(m): 9:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
drered: I'd rather blame PCN than blame you.. If things were the way it should be. Any strike effected by pharmacists would be comprehensive.. Lock down in hospital pharmacies likewise community and industry. Then we'd see how much impact would be felt.. Lol. Common hatred? This is just a comeback from repression that has gone on for so many years. The tides have changed..
Why should the pharmacies be closed? Why not withdraw your brain and hands just like the doctors?

2 Likes

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Samgreguc(m): 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
elobyobi:

And doctors take management courses. And enterpreneurship lectures. Say something else.
everyone does entrepren.. . . . . .
They take management courses? Pls lie wit caution.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Chartey(m): 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
sisiafrika: they will go to any length to justify their malpractice. See this illogical reasoning? Better work hard at passing your second MB. Keep supporting blindly.
Please let me warn you. The other day I didn't want to say much. Stop acting like you know me because you don't. If you've spent so much time on threads about Medicine since 2010, and you're a Pharmacy student, then I can guess the sort of regret and sense of 'what could have been' you have. It's not too late to drop out of your program and get into medical school. If you know so much about me, you'll at least know that's what I did.

1 Like

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by elobyobi: 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
Samgreguc:
everyone does entrepren.. . . . . .
They take management courses? Pls lie wit caution.

N0 lie, management is an integral part of Community Medicine/ Public Health. MOney, Manpower, Material, ring any bells?
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by emedy(m): 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
phillip4re: i am not a medical doctor,but i support this strike..even most nigeria teaching hospitals and medical centres pharmacy are not that functional.most patients go outside the hospital to buy drugs,example,kunle ara pharmacy at uch or akol at lautech teaching hospital ogb.let the hierarchy be well defined.they're not mates in any form
I don't mean to b Harsh,u have no idea about Pharmacy. Do u think we do 13 to 15courses a semester to drag about Heirachy?? U shud knw this, it's just an aspect of Pharmacy dt are involved in dz, the Profession is too wide to talk about Mates with Doctors. If u ask me?? I'll simple tell u dt Doctors are Just being Protective about their Singular-Job,u won't find a Doctor elsewhere than in a Hospital, but blive me, the Richest of Pharmacists ain't Clinical Pharmacists. Its natural to protect ur 1shirt from ur fren dt has 12shirts. Doctors are Great Men,buh dnt u ever rate Pharmacists behind them,they are like 2parallel lines. Pharmacists are just so Invaluable.

3 Likes

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by dragkibaba(m): 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
hybridtm: why so much hate for doctors,in dis country. we just lost a classmate in biochemistry dept, in UNIBEN
....wen we took him 2 UBTH the doctors were on strike and...sincerely the nurses were confused on wat 2 do.
if u can be like them..pls don,t hate dem
.......idiot like you wat do u tink u know? Come make I teach u medicine!selfish baboons....
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by SwagPower: 12:13am On Jul 19, 2014
decode55:

grin grin you sound so pained. Did they give you fake jamb runs?
decode55 u badt gan.... NULIS SECUNDUS
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by SwagPower: 12:26am On Jul 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

You sound like an illiterate. Most doctors got admitted through runse.

P.S- I am pretty sure that school like OAU pharmacy cutoff is higher than 30 Universities that offer Medicine.
runs got SOME of dem admission... as it occurs in all oda courses ....Bt Na runs carry dem thru med skul... u dnt knw a tad abt becoming a med doc... so pls refine ur hatred n harness it 2wads more profitable ventures.... NULIS SECUNDUS
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by SwagPower: 12:30am On Jul 19, 2014
cynthiapaul: @hybridtm, if u dont knw wot to say, u keep shut. I bet u dat d doctors wud v done nthn too if dey were on sit cos dey don't give nor take life. If they want, dey shud still kip der ass down @home watching cartoons cos 4 people like me, I don't kia one bit about dem. They disgust me.
In situations like dz, I look up to God n not man cos no man holds d key to my life since all dey care about is money.

I know say na shame still dey keep dem 4 house, looooooool. I pity una.
u'll luv 2 marry a med doc... I see d vista..
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Blackheritage: 1:32am On Jul 19, 2014
drered: I'd rather blame PCN than blame you.. If things were the way it should be. Any strike effected by pharmacists would be comprehensive.. Lock down in hospital pharmacies likewise community and industry. Then we'd see how much impact would be felt.. Lol. Common hatred? This is just a comeback from repression that has gone on for so many years. The tides have changed..
How can u say a mere hatred by other Medical proffesionals.... The issue is that why only u NMA are claiming for Leadership (Monopolizing) the leadership in d health sectors. Are u scared or what? No more cover ups for ur misdeeds, I guess.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Blackheritage: 1:44am On Jul 19, 2014
matify:

Really?

Moreso, most of this doctors dis days are not good. They read on their Ipads.... Make a lot of errors but always covered up by their respected n good superiors.
A lot... They get corrected mostly by Pharm., Lab. Counterparts. Mostly new breeds don't even know how to fix candllers
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Blackheritage: 1:50am On Jul 19, 2014
Cmanforall:

This is still the problem with JOHESU.... They still have internal beefs among themselves... Pharmacists HATRED for Pharmacologists/Pharm technicians; Lab. Scientists beef for Lab. Technicians/Biochemists/microbiologist; Diploma nurses beefing Bsc nurses... Etc etc... They should remove the log in their eyes 1st of all.....

My dear brothers this hatred was created among by d doctors, so as not to break d monopoly they're enjoying. Let's see n reason well as a Nigerian. But I think is time, other health proffesionals should stop d discriminations amongst them to break the doctors monopoly...
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Blackheritage: 1:59am On Jul 19, 2014
Cmanforall:

Uno in Nigeria , when a bad tradition is harrow heading and one comes to change d orientation he's going to have more enemies.
To me My dear brother,this hatred was created among by d doctors, so as not to break d monopoly they're enjoying. Let's see n reason well as a Nigerian. But I think is time, other health proffesionals should stop d discriminations amongst them to break the doctors monopoly...
They should 1st join hands against d doctors and later resolve their differences.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by shadowwalker101: 2:01am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by elobyobi: 2:51am On Jul 19, 2014
Blackheritage:
Moreso, most of this doctors dis days are not good. They read on their Ipads.... Make a lot of errors but always covered up by their respected n good superiors.
A lot... They get corrected mostly by Pharm., Lab. Counterparts. Mostly new breeds don't even know how to fix candllers

Please o, what is wrong with reading from an ipad?
And what are candllers?

1 Like

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by ephemm(m): 6:38am On Jul 19, 2014
Samgreguc: The DG of the NAFDAC isn't a Pharmacist whereas, the ACT establishing NAFDAC states that the DG must have a good knowledge of Pharmacy,drug and food.
Many profession in the health sector gives a good knowledge of drugs and some food but, only Pharmaceutical Science gives you a good knowledge of Pharmacy. This simply means that only a Pharmacist is certified to hold that office but, suprisingly the office is currently being held by a Physician(DR. Paul Orhii). He has good knowledge of drugs but, not of Pharmacy.

This alone is a disrespect to the Pharmacists but, did the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria(PSN) embark on strike action for it? NO! They continued their good work in the industry because, they know what it will effect on our society.

Can that be obtainable from the Nigeria Medical Association(NMA)? A very good question.

NMA will rather "kill themselves than commit succide" if such happens to them, not even when the law states otherwise.

NONSENSE!!!
All these "educated" illiterate trading accusations becos one professional heads another institution, why don't U go on strike becos a "shoeless" school teacher head Ur country, when the country filled with mad men & women like U should be headed by a psychiatrist?
Mtcheeww

2 Likes

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by ijoseda(m): 7:11am On Jul 19, 2014
I will only take JOHESU serious when a cleaner or a store keeper becomes their president!

1 Like

Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by ijoseda(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2014
drered: Actually she was smiley So tell me more about ideals..

There is a very big difference between the college of medicine and the university teaching hospital!
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Pennywise(m): 7:16am On Jul 19, 2014
okparaugo: If only this thread will make my creditor pay so I can order new goods..

Pharm Okparaugo, you were trained to make drugs and not buy and sell. You are a disgrace like most Nigerian pharmacists.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by sisiafrika(f): 7:49am On Jul 19, 2014
Chartey: Please let me warn you. The other day I didn't want to say much. Stop acting like you know me because you don't. If you've spent so much time on threads about Medicine since 2010, and you're a Pharmacy student, then I can guess the sort of regret and sense of 'what could have been' you have. It's not too late to drop out of your program and get into medical school. If you know so much about me, you'll at least know that's what I did.
I made the best choice. Pharmacy is the best reason why I attack any antagonist. You failed out of Medicine then was pushed to anatomy. Nah nah nah, we are different. Face your work, graduate first and get sense before spewing unreasonable thoughts. Food technologist even would do better than the so called 'doctor' in NAFDAC. Wonder what a consultant microbiologist with bias in medical micro. has got to do with the agency. I don't hate the game but the players in majority are disgusting. Face your MB.
Re: PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 19, 2014
Pennywise:

Pharm Okparaugo, you were trained to make drugs and not buy and sell. You are a disgrace like most Nigerian pharmacists.

I am not a pharmacist neither do I trade drugs. Smh

Mind yah business. Moreover patent medicine dealers are rich men if educated..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG Dispatches Team To Jigawa Over ‘Unusual Deaths’, Almajiri Cases / Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil -100% Pure Organic! / Kaduna Records Sixth Case Of COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.