Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food (15867 Views)

5 Health Benefits Of Peppers / I Need A Good Spicy Egusi Soup Recipe. / Kindly Help Me On How I Can Make Spicy Plantain Chips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2014
pDude: Hey hot spicy pepper lovers, let's talk about hot peppers.

I have always liked spicy peppers because my mum and sister always cooked with the hottest spicy peppers while growing up.

I remember once in Adamawa during my NYSC I went to the market and saw a woman that was selling like 7 red atarodo inside a nylon for like 50 naira. I was shocked and asked her why she was selling it so expensive.

She replied and told me that it was not ordinary rodo but it was Cameroon atarodo. In my ignorance, I priced it to 30 naira and bought it.

When I got home, I prepared stew with all 7 of them. Halfway into the meal, I knew I had bleeped up. The stew tasted like fire. It burned my mouth, tongue and throat for like 30 minutes an the stomach burn was the worst.

I left the stew but forgot to tell one of my guys that came to my house about it. Na hin the guy enter pot go serve himself rice and stew. Later the guy recounted his experience.

Since then I have been looking for that pepper but never found it anywhere else.

the pepper is called 'ata ijosi'.
ask the people selling herbs or pepper. But I doubt u'll see it wit ordinary pepper sellers because d pepper is not ordinary grin

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 22, 2014
bestestgirl: wow!! just looking at these peppers has got me salivating for boiled yam and palm oil cry cry

You sabi the chop grin

Yam, palm oil, sliced onions and some of that pepper. Also a pinch of salt. That is how I eat mine. wink

2 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 22, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: the pepper is called 'ata ijosi'.
ask the people selling herbs or pepper. But I doubt u'll see it wit ordinary pepper sellers because d pepper is not ordinary grin

It was not ordinary. Drinking water didn't work. I had to endure the torture till it wore off.
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Ladybianca(f): 8:29am On Jul 22, 2014
Once I taste a food dats nt peppery, I wud likely throw up, and I also like hot meals..............no tym

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:30am On Jul 22, 2014
Thumb up to OP.
Nice one there.
For those lovers of hot spicy foods,i think processing will go a long way mproving its shelf life for longer enjoyment.

I.believe this thread will help you to know how to take advantage of processing of these agro-commodities

www.nairaland.com/1806976/processing-agroproducts-fastlane-making-millions

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by shorexng: 8:39am On Jul 22, 2014
I love pepper but I had too reduce it drastically when I had serious hemorrhoid. I was told that too much intake of pepper is a cause. Now I'm healed. My fear of hemorrhoid exceeds my love for pepper.

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2014
shorexng: I love pepper but I had too reduce it drastically when I had serious hemorrhoid. I was told that too much intake of pepper is a cause. Now I'm healed. My fear of hemorrhoid exceeds my love for pepper.

Nope. I don't think that was the cause of the hemorrhoids.

Is your job one that makes you sit for long periods of time?
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by morningsta(m): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2014
@ PDude, how can I get hold of the seeds for this moruga scorpion peppers in Nigeria please?
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by amnestylaw1(m): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2014
When my wife visited me in Nigeria for the first time, I wanted to surprise her with my yummy Africa egusi soup with pounded yam. Together, we went to the market, bought all ingredients- including atarodo. She saw me packed a bunch of pepper, added it to the tomatoes and giving it out for blending- she didn't ask any question. Not until we started eating, her first African meal ever, that I realised oyibos don't eat as much spicy food as we do. It was an evening she stills recounts. But today, she even eats more spicy food than I do. She thinks she is now more African than I am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by samir101ng(m): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2014
My friend has serious ulcer but he can't just eat without his pepper.

No so the guy go dey drink milk and Omeprazole dey go. grin grin
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 22, 2014
morningsta: @ PDude, how can I get hold of the seeds for this moruga scorpion peppers in Nigeria please?

Hmmm. That's a good question o.

I have quite a number of them because the guy I buy peppers from always sends them with free seeds. Sending them to you is the problem. Also you can buy them online but they are expensive. I wish there was a way I could ship my free seeds to you. sad

2 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2014
samir101ng: My friend has serious ulcer but he can't just eat without his pepper.

No so the guy go dey drink milk and Omeprazole dey go. grin grin

Tell him to chew a couple of these before eating hot peppers. It is an antacid. I dunno if they have it in naija

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by shorexng: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2014
pDude:

Nope. I don't think that was the cause of the hemorrhoids.

Is your job one that makes you sit for long periods of time?
No. I just returned from service(nysc). During my service year I had the privilege of preparing all my meals (like I was free at last to do and undo). I guess I over did it.
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2014
Greetings my brethren. I'm totally crazy 'bout spicy food. Peppers give me a high.
More on the Carolina Reaper-
#The chili pepper that makes your head explode
Are you a fan of spicy food? Do you like to sweat when you eat? If you do, try theCarolina Reaper, the world's hottest pepper.
Cultivated by Ed Currie, founder and president of the PuckerButt Pepper Company in South Carolina, this pepper would probably ruin most people's day after eating it! Maybe there's a reason why his company is called PuckerButt!
Currently rated as “the world's hottest chili pepper” byGuinness World Records, the pepper averages 1,569,300 on the Scoville Heat Unit scale, with peak levels of over 2,200,000. In comparison, a regular jalapeno pepper comes in at around 8,000 units.
With theCarolina Reaper recently beating theTrinidad Maruva Scorpion as the hottest pepper out there and with hot sauce such a booming industry, you can bet there are cultivators working around the clock to produce an an even hotter pepper!
Proceed with caution and make sure there is a restroom nearby when eating!#

2 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 22, 2014
jossi994: Greetings my brethren. I'm totally crazy 'bout spicy food. Peppers give me a high.
More on the Carolina Reaper-
#The chili pepper that makes your head explode
Are you a fan of spicy food? Do you like to sweat when you eat? If you do, try theCarolina Reaper, the world's hottest pepper.
Cultivated by Ed Currie, founder and president of the PuckerButt Pepper Company in South Carolina, this pepper would probably ruin most people's day after eating it! Maybe there's a reason why his company is called PuckerButt!
Currently rated as “the world's hottest chili pepper” byGuinness World Records, the pepper averages 1,569,300 on the Scoville Heat Unit scale, with peak levels of over 2,200,000. In comparison, a regular jalapeno pepper comes in at around 8,000 units.
With theCarolina Reaper recently beating theTrinidad Maruva Scorpion as the hottest pepper out there and with hot sauce such a booming industry, you can bet there are cultivators working around the clock to produce an an even hotter pepper!
Proceed with caution and make sure there is a restroom nearby when eating!#

Yeah! You know the info. Ed Currie engineered it. Here is my own Carolina reaper. I have not yet had the balls to eat it yet grin

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 22, 2014
pDude:

Yeah! You know the info. Ed Currie engineered it. Here is my own Carolina reaper. I have not yet had the balls to eat it yet grin
walahi.. I recommend this pepper to be featured in pepper sprays. Mix it with the maruva scorpion and give free containers of it to indian women and see how the rate of rape will dwindle fast embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 22, 2014
i am a mid-level pepper lover but i had some crazy cousins back then,they ate pepper like mad,even soaking garri they put ground pepper,pap sef.they could just take a bunch of pepper and chew it.i was a kid then so i con dey fear them die even thought they were cultist....if you want to enjoy a spicy meal and you dont love pepper so much,the worst thing you can do is to use a cold soft drink like coke,the pepper go jus tear your mouth,rather use a milk or yoghurt drink,like hollandia,viju choco,soya milk...i cant eat a meal without feeling that touch of pepper in my mouth.pdude you na highest level pepper lover.

2 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2014
Mistake
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by othenok(f): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2014
pdude, I am like wow!!! Those peppers look dangerous but I don't mind cos I love my food hot and very spicy.

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by hairbraiding: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2014
Wow,
That Carolina pepper looks dangerous grin . So which kind of pepper do the Indians use in making vindaloo curry? That is supposed to be their hottest meal.

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2014
pDude: Hey hot spicy pepper lovers, let's talk about hot peppers.

I have always liked spicy peppers because my mum and sister always cooked with the hottest spicy peppers while growing up.

I remember once in Adamawa during my NYSC I went to the market and saw a woman that was selling like 7 red atarodo inside a nylon for like 50 naira. I was shocked and asked her why she was selling it so expensive.

She replied and told me that it was not ordinary rodo but it was Cameroon atarodo. In my ignorance, I priced it to 30 naira and bought it.

When I got home, I prepared stew with all 7 of them. Halfway into the meal, I knew I had bleeped up. The stew tasted like fire. It burned my mouth, tongue and throat for like 30 minutes an the stomach burn was the worst.

I left the stew but forgot to tell one of my guys that came to my house about it. Na hin the guy enter pot go serve himself rice and stew. Later the guy recounted his experience.

Since then I have been looking for that pepper but never found it anywhere else.

OP u got the colour wrong, it's not red, it's yellow. I know that pepper. It is very hot and expensive plus it has a very fyn taste. Na one I dey use make noodles. You can get it at the market, especially from those women selling egusi and ogbono ingredients.
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by apolonius(m): 9:42am On Jul 22, 2014
I hope we can now proudly call you Mr Hot Pepper.smiley

I love very spicy food;I can easily puke eating 'unspicy' Naija food.

2 Likes

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 22, 2014
I so love pepper. smiley
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 22, 2014
no try am near my dad...e use gun kill u that day...lols...me likey.....especially cold season....it helps me alot....spicy chapter 1:1...and patrick wept..after eating spicy food...winks...
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by rikamann: 10:03am On Jul 22, 2014
Thank you pDude, this is very educative
And this is why I don't joke with Nairaland, full of education and mirth

1 Like

Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2014
pDude:

You sabi the chop grin

Yam, palm oil, sliced onions and some of that pepper. Also a pinch of salt. That is how I eat mine. wink

washed down with ice cold water, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! heaven! kiss
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by Misterpaul(m): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2014
hiroz: i am a mid-level pepper lover but i had some crazy cousins back then,they ate pepper like mad,even soaking garri they put ground pepper,pap sef.they could just take a bunch of pepper and chew it.i was a kid then so i con dey fear them die even thought they were cultist....if you want to enjoy a spicy meal and you dont love pepper so much,the worst thing you can do is to use a cold soft drink like coke,the pepper go jus tear your mouth,rather use a milk or yoghurt drink,like hollandia,viju choco,soya milk...i cant eat a meal without feeling that touch of pepper in my mouth.pdude you na highest level pepper lover.
Wat?!!...They put pepper inside garri and pap?..Nawao.
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by oge4real(f): 10:43am On Jul 22, 2014
Everybody is talking about hot pepper but no one is mentioning "agbo Jedi Jedi ".
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by networkgenuis: 11:14am On Jul 22, 2014
This is my clique.

Hot and spicy food is an obsession.
If it is not hot and spicy, then its not for me.
Even when I order for food, I quickly add lots of Hunan mountain chili and then microwave.
I find it difficult eating outside embarassed
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by chemmerfrank(m): 11:34am On Jul 22, 2014
spicy foods are the best..but am more of a ginger and onion guy...pepper is just a little above average
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by maingwaest(f): 11:46am On Jul 22, 2014
wayne4loan: Am not sure about spicy food, but when it comes to hot food am the undisputed champion, I can finish a very hot bowl of garri in 8mins.. My friends always tease me " o boy no be belly u get na cold freezer"
. Ever heard of the show “I SABI CHOP" ? Airs on MITV; I bet u ll be a good contender. I beg try apply and proove ur eating skills.
Re: Hot Peppers Lovers, Let's Talk About Spicy Peppers and food by adonisgold: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
I live in Calabar, they are quite pepper less here. Their pepper has no sting whatsoever, one day I complained to the seller and she told me to buy Cameroon pepper, she rec commended 50 naira own but instead I bought 100 naira, mhennn! That stuff kicks! Its quite popular here, usually it is dried and ground . The colour is black or dark brown and tends to darken your stew but it tastes great.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Desserts / How To Prepare Peppered Gizzard / Is There A Spiritual Punishment For Wasting Cooked Food?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.