Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203573 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 4:18am On Oct 18, 2008
Oh what a day
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 8:34am On Oct 18, 2008
@all

I remembered there was a post in the previous thread of African beam on Sirus4 4.8 deg E. Any new development on that?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by waterflood(m): 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2008
pls am having problem geting Go Africa on EutelsatW3A 7w using strong decoder i need a help .
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by waterflood(m): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2008
any body with how to get Go Africa on eutelsat w3a should please mail me hhow on adexwaterflood@yahoo.com or to call me to notify me so i can call that person back for the detail my number 08060055144 thanks a lot
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammu(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2008
@waterflood
what exactly is the problem? is it that you have w3a set up already and Go africa is not coming up? are you using a 90cm dish or less?

I tracked w3a in portharcourt on thursday and my Go africa is 60%.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2008
Enitan is hibernating!!!
saving settings!!!
shutting down!!!
finally off.

next restart till december
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 9:10am On Oct 19, 2008
enitan2002:

Enitan is hibernating!!!
saving settings!!!
shutting down!!!
finally off.

next restart till december

I believe enitan is going to space. Safe journey
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2008
@enitan

don't tell us there's no internet where you are going.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2008
salamander:

@all

I remembered there was a post in the previous thread of African beam on Sirus4 4.8 deg E. Any new development on that?

there no such listing on Lyngsat. what's the source of the info.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2008
@ olofofo,
there is an african beam on sirius,cheq lyngsat 4 confirmatn. am using one of my internet connctn backup at replyn u guys,am wit u all just dat my contributn will reduce.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2008
@enitan

Either my lyngsat is not the same as yours or i am being fed old web pages, i cannot find any african beam on this sirius oooooooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2008
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2008
@olofofo

http://www.lyngsat.com/sirius4.html. Check frequency 12604 V 27500 (got it from previous thread)
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2008
;DGangsta101 there might be a nilesat installarion on wed. interested?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2008
jujukemist:

;DGangsta101 there might be a nilesat installarion on wed. interested?

Definitely, just let me know the time and venue, i'll be there. how was your weekend, just got back to town last night.

waterflood:

any body with how to get Go Africa on eutelsat w3a should please mail me hhow on adexwaterflood@yahoo.com or to call me to notify me so i can call that person back for the detail my number 08060055144 thanks a lot

Waterflood,

there is a trick to getting the right answers in a forum such as this, and it is pretty simple: 'JUST ASK THE RIGHT QUESTION.'
From your post we know you are not getting Go Africa, but that is all we know, we don't know what kind of equipment you are using i.e. dish size, lnb type and setup, also we don't know your location. so we can't be of much use to you. also, how clear are the other channels you are receiving, what is the signal strength of the various other freqs you are receiving, and finally have you tried to manually input the freq and symbol rate for Go Africa and it didn't open or was it a blind scan you did and you didn't get it. fill up the blank spaces.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by oluwolexy(m): 10:41am On Oct 20, 2008
I really need help on how to install eutelsat w3 or any english speaking FTA with a dish of 60/90cm and HITV decoder ie making use of disecq in between the dishes. My location is Magboro(MFM CHURCH) just before Ibafo, Ogun state. Kindly send the SOS message to oluwoleogunfuwa@yahoo.com. I was able to Install NSS7 22'W but since all the channels are french speaking ones hence my need for help on this issue.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fasone(m): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2008
@all,

pls, is GTV (Ghana TV) still up and working on NSS 7 @ 22 deg west? I am able to get LC2, Canal 2 and others except GTV.
thanks in advance.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2008
fasone:

@all,

please, is GTV (Ghana TV) still up and working on NSS 7 @ 22 deg west? I am able to get LC2, Canal 2 and others except GTV.
thanks in advance.

yes it's up, 11635v. try playing around with your LNB a bit with the frequency on GTV
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2008
oluwolexy:

I really need help on how to install eutelsat w3 or any english speaking FTA w aeith a dish of 60/90cm and HITV decoder ie making use of disecq in between the dishes. My location is Magboro(MFM CHURCH) just before Ibafo, Ogun state. Kindly send the SOS message to oluwoleogunfuwa@yahoo.com. I was able to Install NSS7 22'W but since all the channels are french speaking ones hence my need for help on this issue.

bros, you are not going to get too may english speaking FTA with those dishes you mentioned. you can try for w3 with your 90cm, the best that you can get is msnbc, mb1 and 2( they offer english programs sometimes),  regarding diseq, try and install the dish first, the rest is easy.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fasone(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2008
olofofo:

yes it's up, 11635v. try playing around with your LNB a bit with the frequency on GTV

@olofofo

thanks, i will try it when i get home. though, i am using a 60cm offset dish, does it make any difference?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Okaakoko(m): 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2008
@Enitan
Please i need that zain stuff please. My mail is
labodeonline@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2008
@Okaakoko:
Posting the same information multiple times will not get you an answer any faster, you know?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2008
fasone:

@olofofo

thanks, i will try it when i get home. though, i am using a 60cm offset dish, does it make any difference?

yes it does. u get better service with 90cm
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2008
Okaakoko:

@Enitan
Please i need that zain stuff please. My mail is
labodeonline@yahoo.com

the zain thing you are reffering to, does not work again, i guess it's because of guys like you that can not keep quiet about it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2008
Hi gangstar, i got ur text.please sorry for the late respond. I actually got people book for the gama immediatelly my post and i got u as the number seven caller. I have disposed them all. Maybe some other time
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2008
adewest:

Hi gangstar, i got ur text.please sorry for the late respond. I actually got people book for the gama immediatelly my post and i got u as the number seven caller. I have disposed them all. Maybe some other time

No probs, i might get it from another source soon. but u still haven't said anything about the nilesat and hotbird stuff. i believe in giving people a chance to make good on their claims cos nobody is under any kind of duress to post on this thread, so if someone makes a post out of his own free will, and the post sounds too good to be true, instead of shouting 'liar liar!!!', i would keep asking u in a polite way until u make good on your claim or otherwise. an instance is the MBC persia thing that Obnelly and Toxnaija talked about which sounded too good to be true. so if you can give us some more facts, it will be highly appreciated.

Jajuk,
the 6m dish guy, any new info about your dish yet, have you tried to get the nilesat or any other sat with your dish yet? i am greatly interested.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2008
I had a 2.4m installation with Badaru on sunday and it went well. with patience and a good 1.8m dish, some frequencies just might be available. mbc bouquet for instance.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2008
Nilesat users,
though it seems late,please check this message-More than 130 films from 35 countries will be screened at the second edition of the Middle East International Film Festival (MEIFF), organised by the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage (ADACH) and being held over an expanded ten enthralling days from 10 to 19 October in Abu Dhabi.
A 24/7 dedicated MEIFF TV station has been inaugurated for this year's festival, broadcasting live the opening and closing ceremonies and red carpet events. The channel will also feature exclusive interviews with celebrities, filmmakers, producers, directors and special guests throughout the festival.

MEIFF TV will broadcast on the following frequencies:

Arabsat: Frequency 11804 horizontal, symbol rate 27500

Nilesat: Frequency 11919 horizontal, symbol rate 27500
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2008
@ olofofo,
the zain thing thing is still much more at work, thats what am using now, you've to be patient when operating it.

@ adewest,
posting of keys is not allowed on the forum, try and modify that post right away

@ toxnaija,
how body na?

@ badaru/olofofo,
how was that stuff, you guys called me for on sunday? did it work, am using it at the moment oooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2008
Adewest,
you must be a joker! How dare you put keys that had been off for almost two months on the thread.Besides,dont you realise that it is illegal to put keys on the thread?Please quickly remove them.I cant stop laughing over your various pranks here.Moderator,please take prompt action.

olofofo.
body don fine now ooo.the zain thing did not work me.

Nilesat gurus/badaru1/mide2008/enigma,
the 0.2db shop lnb was installed at the weekend but it did not give me improved signal.So,I had to return the fuji lnb which gives me maximum signal of up to 80% on channels like Showtoday.What could be wrong with the shop and gsat.I sawed off the edge and did all the same things I did for fuji,yet they bring low signals while fuji shoots up as soon as it is installed.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by azeezbaba(m): 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2008
@ Enigma, F_Marshall,

I have been a bystander for sometime now but always looking forward to reading both of u guys' posts because i always pick one or 2 things on every post u drop.

@ Enitan2002

Let me ask this question for the upteenth time and u must provide and answer this time.
Wont there be INTERNET service where u are going Even if u are going to the creeks in the darfur region. U have really kept this thread alive. wink wink wink wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
lol

@all gurus

Somebody should please do sometin to this ADEWEST guy. He is really constituting nuisance
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2008
toxnaija:

Adewest,
you must be a joker! How dare you put keys that had been off for almost two months on the thread.Besides,don't you realise that it is illegal to put keys on the thread?Please quickly remove them.I can't stop laughing over your various pranks here.Moderator,please take prompt action.

olofofo.
body don fine now ooo.the zain thing did not work me.

Nilesat gurus/badaru1/mide2008/enigma,
the 0.2db shop lnb was installed at the weekend but it did not give me improved signal.So,I had to return the fuji lnb which gives me maximum signal of up to 80% on channels like Showtoday.What could be wrong with the shop and gsat.I sawed off the edge and did all the same things I did for fuji,yet they bring low signals while fuji shoots up as soon as it is installed.

great to hear you are finally in good health, in my opinion, Fuji still remains one of the best LNB in the market.

@enitan.

the thing no gree work oooo, same issue with registering on the network.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.