Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203027 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by linksman(m): 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2008
wow!!!!! so, i am now in season2 of our beloved FTA thread. so much has happened while i have been away from cyberspace that i am still doing catch up reading through all the previous posts after page 75 in season1.
anyway sha, God willing i will be up to speed with the latest happenings in here as from tomorrow.
Nice job all for keeping the spirit of FTA alive and thriving in here!!!!!!!
cheers all grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2008
captainus:

@Salamander,
The beams that are receiveavable in west africa are the SE zones(e.g that of RTI La Premiere,3743H,3220 Cote D'Ivoire which I receive with up to 70% signal qaulity).All the NE zones are not receivavble inWest africa.So the new GTV tp is not for WesT Africa. Hope I'm making some sense

Thanks captainus. Could you kindly check the beam in www.flysat.com and let me know your thoughts.

@adwest
Please there are very discerning people so mind your language. If you can't stand the heat, get out from the kitchen
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ftalover(m): 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2008
Hi all, what on FTA at Trend TV position now. Pls help!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2008
ftalover:

Hi all, what on FTA at Trend TV position now. please help!!!!

NADA!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2008
@ maddoxoj

Welcome to the FTA Forum On NairaLand. That was a very nice piece you wrote over there. cool

@ azeezbaba  grin

Welcome aboard. We're all here to help each other.

@ simacoltd  grin

Welcome to FTA and Nairaland.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ftalover(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2008
I just want to be off the hook of DSTV. You guys are great. I think we should mind our language in a forum like this and stop throwing punches at each other.

I have been blessed by this great forum: F_Marshall, Enigma, Biggjoe and Maddox the new-born guru in the house
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ftalover(m): 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2008
Olofofo,
What's NADA! Explain further. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2008
ftalover:

Olofofo,
What's NADA! Explain further. Thanks

Nothing. No FTA on Trend
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2008
TIM on Intelsat 906 @ 64° East. Kindly rescan 3654 R 5632
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sathob(m): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2008
@Enigma,Captainus,Olofofo and the respected all
I'm so much grateful for the informative platform of info from you all. I have downloaded them on my flash to feed on them "well well" smiley

Salamander,
I launched a hunt for a 4m dish locally constructed and came across one Lebanesse guy who manufactures fibre glass dish. The price as he quoted was quite high if not high - GH¢1400 for 3.6m, and that is kind of high a price for me. On the other hand, he told me of one Ghanaian who constructs dishes of all kind, locally, but he couldn't recollect the address of that man. So, at the moment, I am on hunt for that man too. Nevertheless, I am not giving up on the Nilesat bird. I am just an enthusiast for anything satellite (almost extreme hobbiest limited by space) cheesy

Captainus
I still don't give my mind to what these installers say "execpt with 4m dish". well, we can give it a try. But I don't forget that at beginning of Part 1 of this thread, our brothers in southern Nigeria had a similar encounter but later it was proven that 2.4m could do the job. Igwe Badaru did it and Pitodenz at one point tracked that same bird (Nilesat) with a 2.4m mesh dish whilst was completly ruled out, the possibility of a mesh dish getting Nilesat. I remember he quoted "it's tricky", yet he did it. See you on Friday.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2008
@sathob

Thanks for the info. I know a guy in Tema who constructs dishes. You might know him I guess. He has all sorts of dishes at his house and I believe he has a 6m dish! Let me find out if he gets Nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:45pm On Oct 22, 2008
for guys in ghana, if tracking nilesat will require such Big dishes, then you might as well go for any of the others birds over europe: ASTRA, HOTBIRD, EUROBIRD, HISPASAT. they are way better.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2008
olofofo:

for guys in ghana, if tracking nilesat will require such Big dishes, then you might as well go for any of the others birds over europe: ASTRA, HOTBIRD, EUROBIRD, HISPASAT. they are way better.

Nice suggestion. Do you get Hotbird in Nigeria? I doubt if we can get in Ghana
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:14am On Oct 23, 2008
salamander:

Nice suggestion. Do you get Hotbird in Nigeria? I doubt if we can get in Ghana

Am of the opinion that with 6m dishes all satellites are game anywhere in africa.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ftalover(m): 11:33am On Oct 23, 2008
Olofofo,
wish I have the space to keep such a big dish. I would just dump DSTV. Does it means that with 90cm dish one is doom from FTA? If not pls whats the option? Am ready to learn from you gurus.

Thank you.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by osef(m): 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2008
you guys are really doing a great work. it took a great lot of time to read through the first series but its worth its while.many thanbks to guys like jujukemist,Badaru and the rest you guys are great keep it up and thanks alot.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by osef(m): 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2008
How do I get a 2.4m dish, I live in kogi state and please what is the cost as at present,including the Fiji lnbf stuff,I will really appreciate info. on the availability as I,m so tired of the pay TV stuff.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2008
ftalover:

Olofofo,
wish I have the space to keep such a big dish. I would just dump DSTV. Does it means that with 90cm dish one is doom from FTA? If not please whats the option? Am ready to learn from you gurus.

Thank you.

with a 90cm dish, you are actually limited in the no of good free to air stations that you can enjoy. the best for your size of dish it pas 10 ku, where etv is, nss 7 ku as well as eutelsat w3 which is actually the best of the lot in term of programming.

osef:

How do I get a 2.4m dish, I live in kogi state and please what is the cost as at present,including the Fiji lnbf stuff,I will really appreciate info. on the availability as I,m so tired of the pay TV stuff.

2.4m dish is about 20k in the market, strong LNB is 2500 canle is 1000, f connector is about 50 for all you will need, strong 4663x is about 7500. cost of installatio varies.

since you are in Kogi, getting it to Kogi via ABC transport will be betwwen 2500-3500. do the math.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by edniroya01(m): 9:12am On Oct 24, 2008
Hi all,
Wow season 2 has started and l can see that l've missed alot. l have some catching up to do.l really must thank and appreciated all the guru we have in this FTA forum GOD bless you all.Amen.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sathob(m): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2008
@salamander
I was at ur office yesteday arround 3:17pm but I met your absence and also tried your number but could not get through. No proms I will be there at another time.
I just found out from another installer who also assured me that there are people here who are receiving nilesat. I personally do't know any yet.
About your guy in Tema, I would love to have his contact or if you can find out from him if how much it will cost one to construct a 4m or 6m dish.
I have been pondering over the issue of getting an experimental dish i.e all of in this region will contribute some money to construct a 6m dish and get someone (one of us) who will give us space (only if he can afford) to mount this dish then launch a research smiley what do ou think Captainus?

@Enigma, Jujukemist,Olofofo,F_Marshal and all
Please check this site hxxp://www.setedit.de/firstpage_en.html hxxp://www.setedit.de/download_en.html
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by brown01: 10:58am On Oct 24, 2008
Hello, friends please someone should help me with a software for show time and art channels on strong decoder for free to air channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 11:03am On Oct 24, 2008
@ Salamander,Sathob,

I learnt Hispasat/Hotbird are a possibilty in Ghana with a 3m-3.5m fibre dish.But as Sathob said the price coated by the Lebanese man is very scary.If  we can get the above dish at a reasonable price grin and having looked at the content of the two birds (especially hotbird) I think they will also be very good alternatives(to nilesat).What do u think?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2008
sathob:

@salamander
I was at ur office yesteday arround 3:17pm but I met your absence and also tried your number but could not get through. No proms I will be there at another time.

Sorry about that, I was in hibernation the whole of yesterday. If you could drop ur number in my mail box, I will be glad to call you.

I will let you know about the guy in Tema.

captainus:

@ Salamander,Sathob,

I learnt Hispasat/Hotbird are a possibilty in Ghana with a 3m-3.5m fibre dish.But as Sathob said the price coated by the Lebanese man is very scary.If  we can get the above dish at a reasonable price grin and having looked at the content of the two birds (especially hotbird) I think they will also be very good alternatives(to nilesat).What do u think?

Wow, it will be great if we can get Hotbird which I consider the Mother of All Satellites! Let's keep talking to each other.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ken007(m): 12:50pm On Oct 24, 2008
CAN SOME ASSIST ME ON HOW TO GET FREE TO AIR SATELITE AND HOW DO I GET ONE, OR U CAN LINK ME TO ANYBODY THAT CAN ASSIST. AM IN LAGOS I WILL APRECIATE IT ANY ONE CAN ASSIST THIS IS MY NUMBER 08023056254 OR U CAN GIVE ME PHONE NUMBER OF ANY BODY THAT CAN ASSIST. PLZ. AM NEW ON THIS THREAD

CHEERS
KEN
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ftalover(m): 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2008
Olofofo,
Thanks for your reply. I have a strong decoder and I think I pick etv, religious tvs, a football tv, pls is nss7 better. With 1.8m dish would I have more.

I am about renew my DSTV. I must tell you I want deliverance from DSTV.

Thank you
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2008
ftalover:

Olofofo,
Thanks for your reply. I have a strong decoder and I think I pick etv, religious tvs, a football tv, please is nss7 better. With 1.8m dish would I have more.

I am about renew my DSTV. I must tell you I want deliverance from DSTV.

Thank you

with 1.8m you will be able to get some level of deliverance, provided that it is motorized. go for 1.8m if you have a little space and you can afford it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2008
Hi all,

Nice to be back, i was away for a couple of days and unfortunately had no access to the internet. For the folks in Ghana, i think it is great u guys are looking at some of these other alternatives ( I am actually choking as i am writing the word alternative because Hotbird cannot be an alternative to another satellite in the european/mideast skies), because as far as i am concerned, if you are going to pay a premium for dish construction, you might as well get the most you can out of it, you guys should really check up on those guys that do the dish construction and see, maybe you can get a good deal for dish big enough to get hotbird instead of just nilesat (that is if money and space is not really a constraint.) Personally, i am making plans to get a 6m dish hopefully in the first 2 - 3months of next year, so i'll be monitoring you guys carefully, all the best.

It seems to me there are a lot of guys requesting for FTA television, but you guys are not really going about it the right way, it is not like a computer software that one can just forward to you via mail or something like that, it takes a lot of planning and "trade off's" to acheive satisfactory FTA reception, so you guys should help by giving a bit more details such as where you are, what you would like to get and possibly how much you are ready to invest, so that someone who wants to help out will know what to say to you.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 6:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
Hi all am suggesting something ,cant we all come together and lay our hands on a prototype construction of a dish capable of getting Nilesat ,Astra,hispassat and hotbirds using locally available material and moreso am thinking likewise on a receiver as well.I think we can do it.Do i hear somebody saying 'we can'.I belive since we have known how to track those satellites ,the next thing is for us to do the construction of the dish rather than buying in the market and moreso we can do the decoder construction as well ,do i hear all engineers on board saying yes we can?if we have the ideas, i think all we need to bring it into reality is our dedication to FTA .
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2008
@Gangsta

That is a great idea you have there. We will see what we can find out from our end and share it with all.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by graciousme(f): 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2008
hi guys,its been a while,you guys are doing a wonderful job,keep it up guys.MBC max premiers on Sunday,happy viewing.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ola4yinka(m): 11:45am On Oct 25, 2008
ogbeni Enitan, i sent u a text from this no 08023778124 but u refused to replt anyway, i just need to know how much i'll need to set up FTA , thanks oo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2008
Can someone confirm to me whether TrendTV is still showing. I dont have their smartcard, so I want to know before buying one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.