Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203569 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2008
@ enigma,f_marshal and who it may concern - i ve srt-3800 from europe use for hotbird,but irdeto emb. So cant open conax for mytv.any help? @ mr gem and any other person i might ve disappointed,plz u pple should bear with me.mr gem cal me anytime u re online but make sure u re using yahoo messenger for ur lnbf problem.i ll also work on the same problem maybe later today and i take some pic.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2008
@ALL MBS tv @W3 is now(13Gmt) FTA.Please rescan
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2008
Hi all,
so nice to see how work is progressing at a fast rate on this thread, i say kudos to everyone here.

Those in lagos, there's an estate at pencinema at agege, where i think i found a dish of more than 4m in diameter, but it's unuse, those around that area should pls find more about that,if it can be leased out for trial and error in our researches, there's bountiful space there, cos it's installed in a playground area, i will try to post the pics soon when i have time to visit there personally.

To those that have 6m dish, i'm sorry to say there is always a limitation to the number of satellites a large dish can track, your geographical location matters a lot, before you can know the number of satellite u can track, try to visit dishpointer put in you location data, and check out for the elevation of the satellites you want to track, if it gives you negative, that means no matter how big your dish is, tracking the satellite is unrealistic.
So check that out.

@ all,
It seems i will be settling for a 1.8m motorised dish afterall, i had a lengthy discussion with badaru some few nights ago, and with what he said i stand to enjoyon motorised, i cant wait to experience that, the main reason i wanted to go for nilesat is because of the MBCs, and i can get something similar but not the same on 1.8m motorise.
he even said with time irdeto will fasten their belt around the security level on nilesat so that very soon keys wont be available, lets all be on our guard.
1.8m motorise dish HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2008
Guys, una well done oo. I got this on the net. Its on the new MBC MAX starting full programming tomorrow Sunday, 26 October, 2008 @ 3.00pm Nigerian time.

MBC MAX: “More Movies More Choice”- New channel on air October 26 will complement MBC2

MBC Group announced today the launch of MBC MAX, a new 24hour movie channel and the latest addition to the group’s free-to-air satellite TV offering. The new channel will start broadcasting on the 26th of October 2008 at 1400 GMT/1800 UAE and will offer viewers around the Middle East a wide selection of free movies to complement MBC2.
In line with the group’s policy of audience segmentation, MBC MAX will cater to movie lovers who are looking for more upbeat entertainment. The scheduling of the channel’s prime-time content as well as the channel’s visual packaging and creative identity are also designed to appeal to this audience segment.
“MBC is proud to have built one of the biggest free to air movie libraries in the world,” said Tim Riordan, Group TV Director, MBC group. “Such has been the success of MBC2 across the Arab world that we are launching a second movie channel to offer our viewers more choice, and to consolidate our position as the home of movies in the Middle East.”

Some of the movies to be shown on the first night of the broadcast include Spiderman 2, Cheaper by the Dozen, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, and Around the world in 80 days. Coming soon exclusives include blockbuster movies such as Robots and Camp Rock. In addition, MBC MAX will also premiere Nim’s Island and Bridge to Terebitha, never before seen on TV.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2008
pitodenz:

@ enigma,f_marshal and who it may concern - i ve srt-3800 from europe use for hotbird,but irdeto emb. So can't open conax for mytv.any help?

If the receiver is Irdeto embedded, the only way it will accept Conax and MyTV card is if it has a CI slot and you insert a Conax CAM into that slot such that the CAM will then be able to accept the MyTV card.

@ Enitan

If you have space, I think a 1.8m motorised will be a good idea; while I have no proof, a part of me thinks it might just be able to receive some transponders on Nilesat; if not, you can always try 26e, where the channels are essentially the same thing as on Nilesat.

By the way, I don't believe you guys really mean a 6 meter dish; I think you mean 6 feet which is more like a 1.8 to 2 meter dish then.

@ baba Egun

Yeah, they've been running Promos on MBC Max for a little while now (Nilesat 11938 V); I might keep an eye out for their launch.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2008
@ enigma,
thanks so much, i've finally made up my mind on that, and am so certain badaru will be there when i need any help on the installation.

@ olofofo,
thanks so much for that call yesterday, i really appreciate your help. Preparation is already on the way.

@ badaru,
chief, how u dey for ya end. I came into lagos yesterday, but will be leaving again for another break by monday. Everything is still intact.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2008
Enigma,

6m, better believe it, a friend currently uses 3.5m dish and i can see what it does for him, but like i said, it would have to be next year.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2008
@ gangsta101.
believe me or not, no matter how big the dish is, there'll still be limitation to the number of birds it can track.

@ all,
esp olofofo,badaru, i just checked on 26E as enigma advised and to my surprise i found out that MBC package can be found there also. But the beam location is MBc, just try and help me check out the map of the beam, and see if those channels can be gotten with 1.8m.
Olofofo am counting on you, do you even receive 26E with your motorised dish?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2008
@enitan

i have tried the 26e without success many times. you will probably need a bigger dish for that.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2008
Olofofo, I thought you once said you got Al Kass on 26e, or was that on the 2.4 dish?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 12:05am On Oct 26, 2008
alkass is on 30E, ARABSAT i get it with 1.8m
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2008
@ olofofo,
i wanted to saythat yesterday but the connection was bad.
On 26E, there're 3 different types of beam, medium, bmc and bss. The medium beam can be gotten on 1.8m dish, check lyngsat for more clarification.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 26, 2008
@ olofofo,
i dont know if you can help me contact your guy that is coming from dubai that i'm in dire need of a very good ku lnb that can be likened to the fuji lnb we have here, your help will be appreciated, and pls kindly let me know the price, ok?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2008
@enitan

The medium beam is analogue. But do you get some of the channels on Badr6?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 9:38am On Oct 26, 2008
@all

Anyone having any idea what is happening with RDV?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 26, 2008
@ salamander,
i'm not yet hooked up on that bird yet, but i will very soon with my 1.8m motorise setup. I dont think i will be abke to receive that bird with what am seeing now.

@ OLA,
sorry i couldnt get back to you concerning that meeting on friday, i've called the main guy and he said he will get back to the agent. So sorry about that.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2008
I believe that the guy is already in nigeria, he might have brought some, i have not heard from him yet.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 26, 2008
@ olofofo,
can you kindly help me out with that, if he's having any good LNB with him.
How you enjoying your setup?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 26, 2008
@ W6 viewers on 21.6E
watch live premiership macth between chelsea and liverpool on 2M national check out this link for further clarification:
http://www.lyngsat-guide.com/2M-National.html

HAPPY VIEWING
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 26, 2008
@ all,
i don't really know if TITV/FSTV is still active, because i can still some of their installed dishes in some residential apartments in lagos facing the westward direction. Can someone help me with that.
And also whats the relationship between Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) with TITV, because i've come across more than 5 RCCG churches with installed TITV dishes facing west.
I know already that there's a relationship between Deeper Life church and W3A, because the church organisation makes use of a feed freq on W3A to air their weekly Bible study. What about TITV and RCCG? Any RCCG member out there to help
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:33am On Oct 26, 2008
@enitan

when i hear from him, i will let you know.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 11:44am On Oct 26, 2008
olofofo,how far about your nilesat.i just wanna know if u have fixed it.kindly reply me.i wanna know if you get all the mbcs.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2008
salamanda what HEAT r u talking about? Please keep that idea of urs within urself if u don't know whom to advice. Coming to this forum with some kind of people with emorality is like a mistake to me.Am here initialy to offer a helping hand and this is just more or less a 1+1 sat forum to me.People lacks esperience and they still ready die in silence. Good luck
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2008
obnelly:

olofofo,how far about your nilesat.i just want to know if u have fixed it.kindly reply me.i want to know if you get all the mbcs.

I abandoned the old dish, i am getting a new one soon, but we did one new installation for my friend with badaru last week and all the MBC channels are showing, all of them!

adewest:

salamanda what HEAT r u talking about? Please keep that idea of urs within yourself if u don't know whom to advice. Coming to this forum with some kind of people with emorality is like a mistake to me.Am here initialy to offer a helping hand and this is just more or less a 1+1 sat forum to me.People lacks esperience and they still ready die in silence. Good luck

Oga adewest, if you really have nothing to offer why don't you just quit with all the attacks, it's obvious from all the delays in your post that you can't afford to sign up to the internet regularly. no one here is going to beg you for anything, we have seen your type before.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2008
MBC Max start transmission a few minutes ago with a movie title 'Cute little Things" by Steve Martin. Who says we lack anything to watch on Nilesat especially movie lovers
MBC 2 - Movies
MBC Action - Action movies
MBC Max - Movies unlimited.

Arent we lucky, the most beutiful things are free grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2008
@Oga Moderator
twinstaiye:

MBC Max - Movies unlimited.

Yes oooo. It is Movies perpetually. MBC Max is Cocastic, Fantastic, Sugastic, Nigeristic, Superstic  and right on time.  sorry, I got carried away jare.

@all
You can download the October/November schedule for both MBC Max and MBC 2 at _[b]http://www.mbc.net/guide/mbc2_guide.pdf[/b] Its enjoyment unlimited. And the official site is _[b]http://www.mbc.net/mbcmax/[/b]

Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2008
I dont think it is possible to get arabsat 26 degree east with 1.8m dish in lagos,even in the north it has poor signal with 1.8m. you may be able to get some tps of eurobird 25.5 degree east. I got supersport feeds today on eutelsat 3,they showed italian league live
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sylve11: 10:40am On Oct 27, 2008
@ all
after i have been reading thru all your posts, i decided to give nilesat a try yesterday with a 3m fiber dish, a strong decoder and with a strong lnbf. I sweated the hell outta my life but the bird refused to come up. I tried tracking NSS 7/ku, i got that bird with signal strength up to 97% without stress, but i spent 5 hours tracking the amighty Nilesat, but nothing came up. I called one of our member who lives also in Warri his name is Butoneday, he said i should use the first frequency on the decoder of nilesat, nothing still comes up. He also told me that i should try move the dish up, almost about facing the sky ( about 7 degree ) of NSS, i did that but nothing. Please Baduru, enitan, pito, enigma, olofofo and the rest of those that i can't remember their names, to please assist me. I live in warri. I will be very happy you people in the house can assist me.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Chidi4u(m): 11:22am On Oct 27, 2008
Please every guru in the house what channels can i get with combine lnbf or which satelite can i combine lnbf ku and c band

--
Sent on a phone using T9space.com
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2008
Enitan,

Yes, i do agree with you that no matter the size of your dish, there are still some satellites one will not be able to catch. My emphasis has always been on Hotbird, i have studied their map on lyngsat, and i believe on should be able to get a good enough reception with a 4M dish, but then again that is just my opinion. about using the site dishpointer, i don't know how they caliberated their site, but it doesn't always give you reliable values for dish sizes, and in most cases just tells you that you are outside the footprint. but if i remember well, Enigma once posted a link about a guy in Brazil who was able to receive some freqs on i think Hotbird with a 6m dish (or was it 8m, i can't remember now). If he can do it in Brazil, i think i should be able to do it in Nigeria (yes, i know it doesn't always follow, i still remember that obnelly receives MBC persia in Ibadan  and i can't receive it here in Kaduna).

Sylvie11,

Man, I understand your predicament, once that Nilesat bird starts with you, you will wish you never ever heard of it, but to receiver Nilesat, what you need is patience (which i see you have a lot of) and some guidance. since you have tracked Nss7 before, it gives you a good idea of where Nilesat should be. what i usually do is that i define where my south pole should be and use it as my outermost margin, then i use use NSS7 as the western-most margin, i draw some lines on the floor to delineate those, then i try to mark out a 10 degree chord between those 2 points where i feel Nilesat should fall into, and then concentrate most of my time on that arc. please note, after you get Nss7 you must take it to the weakest freq (not GTV sha), and then tweak your LNB so you are getting the best possible signal before you start trying out Nilesat. you start from where you got Nss7, start moving the dish gradually southwards in minute degrees, for each small step you take southwards, change the elevation of the dish gradually from the horizontal level, up to face the skies and downwards again. you have to do this slowly while watching the TV (i believe you have knowledge of this before if not you wouldn't spend 5 hours under the sun) But there are certain key points you must note. first the tracking freq is 10758 v 27500, secondly, the lnb skew is very crucial, i wish i could describe it, it is similar to that of NSS7 though, but just in case, check up someone who is currently receiving Nilesat and see.

Chidi4u,

what is your dish size and location?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Chidi4u(m): 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2008
@gangsta101 i am in Awka Anambra State

--
Sent on a phone using T9space.com
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2008
Chidi,

apart from your location, we also need the size of dish you are currently using. because c-band signals require very large dishes, at least 1.8m for you to receive them. there are several satellites that have both ku and c-band broadcast, Nss7 at 22 degree west, and intelsat 7/10 at 68degree east. i think badr sat also but i am not so sure. so if your dish is going to be stationary, i would suggest intelsat 7/10. but if you have not bought a dish already, and you have money to spare, why not make your setup a motorized 1.8m or even 2.4m dish, you will enjoy FTA even more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.