Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,707 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203897 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2008
It seems the nss7 bird is coming down very soon wit the rate at which stations are moving away from it. 1st it was rdv,stv,gtv,equinoxe and i was even told this evening by a member austin who tracked the bird in the morning that he watched canal info news and you guys know that the station belongs to canalsat horizons, so that means very soon all canalsat stations will pop up on sirius.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ salamander,
it was mide who misunderstood me first, now it is you, i dont know who next.
at least i didnt use the word alien even enigma and f marshal being a nigerian but reside and make their contribution abroad are still foreigners to me. so bear with me.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2008
I will be in Lagos by the power of almighty on Saturday for dish installation and want any willing members on this forum residing Lagos to make contact with me.My e-mail @adebayo.adewale32@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2008
@enitan
No sweat. Your point well taken
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 7:04am On Nov 27, 2008
@all
for those wey want catch the Virus keep trying,am sure there is a cure but for those wey done catch the Sirus can anyone comfirm that RDV is still scrambled.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2008
sayso:

@all
for those wey want catch the Virus keep trying,am sure there is a cure but for those wey done catch the Sirus can anyone comfirm that RDV is still scrambled.

I confirm that till about 0100GMT RDV was still scrambled. I hope they have not returned to Nss 7

enitan2002:

@ mide,
we have a fta sat spy in Ibadan in the person of justx24 i will make sure we get to the bottom of this, or what do you think?

I can also readily take this up as i live in Ibadan.

@ All

If you want to track the virus bird, i will advise yo go for the 90cm dish.
It was a piece of cake for me yesterday night and i set a personal record of tracking a new bird in about a minute.

I observed that the srt4653x has a better tuner than the srt4663x.
The recording too though very nice is very heavy. I size of a 20minute programme was about 1GB!!!
Except for gadget freaks, i think the srt4653x is still the king.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2008
@ Enitan2002

If u don't mind sharing that information(from OLA) with me, my email is captainus2@gmail.com

@ ALL
Yes Rdv is at it again:gone scrambled.

@Olofofo
NO NA VIRUS WE SABI GET! abeg go back and read what others have posted before.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

I couldn't help laughing when I read the above statement.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2008
@all,
Thanks so much for the open discussion on FTA in this forum. I must say you guys are doing a great job. I already have three (3) dishes installed in my place. 68.5E, 22.0W, and 7.0E. The last two was partly through info garned from this thread. Now, I think I will be going for this Sirius bird too and maybe later on, Nilesat. But my problem is: I only have one slot left on my 4-way Eurostar diseqc switch. How do I make all five birds flow into one reciever-assuming I later install Nilesat? This is a very big issue for me, as I don't want to have more than one reciever for all the birds? Is there a 5-way diseqc switch I can buy? Anyone with any ideas?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2008
All sorry for coming up late,i was having some headache with my internet.Its true that you can watch with 90cm but the signal do flunctuates,that was my new discovery.Moreso this forum is full with spy or ies,RDV was scrambled yesteday while champions league was going on and main why i watched english premiership on the same station chelsea v newcasle but now its scramble.any good information on this forum should be through yahoo messenger,its much better than we working and one useless companies taken our free lunch away from us.Let every house mates activate their messengers hotmail or yahoo so that we can discuss important information there.No more No less.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Captainus
Will you be at Abeka on Sunday for the Fiber Dish Installation?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Nash FTA
I tried your frequency on W3A yesterday in Vain:
Quote:
@W3A Users,
STV1 and STV2 have appeared on 12579 / H / 4060. I am watching both right now at 16.40GMT. If Horizontal polarization does not work for you try Vertical. STV1 PID: 111/112/111; and STV2 PID: 211/212/211.

It seems to me that your LNB may be picking the Virus Bird!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2008
@George_D
George_D:

@all,
Thanks so much for the open discussion on FTA in this forum. I must say you guys are doing a great job. I already have three (3) dishes installed in my place. 68.5E, 22.0W, and 7.0E. The last two was partly through info garned from this thread. Now, I think I will be going for this Sirius bird too and maybe later on, Nilesat. But my problem is: I only have one slot left on my 4-way Eurostar diseqc switch. How do I make all five birds flow into one reciever-assuming I later install Nilesat? This is a very big issue for me, as I don't want to have more than one reciever for all the birds? Is there a 5-way diseqc switch I can buy? Anyone with any ideas?

I can sort you out with an 8-Way Disecq send me a mail on ecowas4all@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2008
@ecowas4all,
The timing is a bit against me because my arsenal is playing on sunday@16Hrs GMT.Hope to make it another time.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2008
obnelly:

All sorry for coming up late,i was having some headache with my internet.Its true that you can watch with 90cm but the signal do flunctuates,that was my new discovery.Moreso this forum is full with spy or ies,RDV was scrambled yesteday while champions league was going on and main why i watched english premiership on the same station chelsea v newcasle but now its scramble.any good information on this forum should be through yahoo messenger,its much better than we working and one useless companies taken our free lunch away from us.Let every house mates activate their messengers hotmail or yahoo so that we can discuss important information there.No more No less.

This is why that get-together talked about in FTA part 1 is important,at least there will be focal point in any region in 9nija and forum members will know each other and those from outside 9nija will decide on how they will share their information(s).
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Captainus
How very sad indeed, the rest of us would try to make it there and try to track down nilesat. Our efforts last week looked promising but we fell short of the green light.

@Sathob
@Salamander
Now you know we're on our own on Sunday with Abdul
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ekonibaje(m): 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2008
hi all d memeber of free to air--we need to tell guys that is right time to av a lovely guy as a chairman of dis forum--free to air--so am try to pick up enitan--and engima --and also badiru--dis is just a point am try to make--i need to congratulate on enitan as he pick up 1000 post on dis forum-GOD bless nig-GOD BLESS ALL THE CONTRIBUTOR AND THE MODERATOR--MOST EXPECIALLY SEUN OSHEWA BABA AGBA SPECIAL--all member are waiting to watch arsenal-chelsea live --av a lovely view--enitan--olofofo kindly come out to be a new chairman--ok LIKE OBAMA DO SAY CHANGE--GOD BLESS FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA--
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2008
@ George_D Get a 2 ways eurostar splitter and connect the wires from pas 7/10 lnb and the one from nss7ku lnb and give them one port,use the remaining 3 ports for other satellites.N.B. The two satellites u combined together will now use the same port number.e.g.port #2 will be for both nss7ku and pas7/10.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2008
ekonibaje:

hi all d memeber of free to air--we need to tell guys that is right time to av a lovely guy as a chairman of this forum--free to air--so am try to pick up enitan--and engima --and also badiru--this is just a point am try to make--i need to congratulate on enitan as he pick up 1000 post on this forum-GOD bless nig-GOD BLESS ALL THE CONTRIBUTOR AND THE MODERATOR--MOST EXPECIALLY SEUN OSHEWA BABA AGBA SPECIAL--all member are waiting to watch arsenal-chelsea live --av a lovely view--enitan--olofofo kindly come out to be a new chairman--ok LIKE OBAMA DO SAY CHANGE--GOD BLESS FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA--

??
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ekonibaje(m): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2008
pls send me d phone number of rdv--i need to call--olofofo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2008
can anyone on sirius bird update us what is really going on that bird as at the moment.
The stations that are up and running/showing at the moment.

Ola said stv1&2 on sirius bird placed a notice that they will still return back to their previous satellite which is NSS7
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2008
@ all,
I've been on this search for quite a long time, and it was when RDV first went off air when on NSS7, i ws trying to see if i can get a contact in senegal who will be wiling to help us and luckily I've found and the person is also on this forum, his ID is onyeoma22, so I will like everyone who is intrested in getting information concerning RDV to be on this guy's trail, the last thread he was, here is the link:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-200311.0.html
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:38pm On Nov 27, 2008
@ekoonibaje

GROUPE EXCAF TELECOM
RUE PROLONGEE HLM 1
DOMAINE INDUSTRIEL SODIDA
BP. 1656 - DAKAR - SENEGAL
TEL(221)33 865.66. 66 /33 865.66.93
FAX(221) 824.21.91 /864.40.31
-------------------------------------------

Rédaction Dunyaa FM: 33 864.14.55

Service Commercial Dunyaa FM: 33 865.66.97

Service Commercial Soxna FM: 33 865.67.00

Service Commercial Télécom: 33 865.66.93 / 33865.66.94 /865.67.03

Service aprés vente : 33 865.66.92

Service Technique et Dépannage : 33 865.66.95

Direction Technique : 33 865.66.92

fax: 864.40.31 / 864.14.57 / 824.21.91

SITE WEB: http://www.excaf.com

dunyaa@sentoo.sn
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by rawunkat1: 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2008
it only fair if somebody helps me with sirus because i've been out of touch with this forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by rawunkat1: 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2008
@enitan2002 or anyone who cares.

pls can u help me with sirius or free2view and also how to watch feeds on inter 7/10

pls u can get me on rawunkat@gmail.com

i will very much appreciated it.

NB i live in ghana
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2008
@ecowas4all
In sha Allah, I will be there. I still wish Captainus can make it.

@raw-unkat
Get in touch with the Ghana-Nairalanders (sathob, captainus, ecowas4all and myself). We are going to track Nilesat on Sunday on a giant dish at Abeka. If you are about, you can join us and we can discuss your issue.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 28, 2008
@ ekonibaje,
sorry i couldnt pick up your calls,i was at a party through out yesterday nite,just came in this morning and i saw so many missed calls not yours alone, i also saw your message.
if you are reading this,i guess u will understand. there is no hiding place for a gold fish.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:40am On Nov 28, 2008
I can sort you out with an 8-Way Disecq send me a mail on ecowas4all@yahoo.com
@ECOWAS4ALL,
Thanks so much for your help. I have already sent you a mail on this (pinkboy_ng) but then I saw Pitodenz reply on the subject. I think I'm going to try his idea and see if it works. If it doesn't then maybe I will still settle for the 8-way afterall.

Get a 2 ways eurostar splitter and connect the wires from pas 7/10 lnb and the one from nss7ku lnb and give them one port,use the remaining 3 ports for other satellites.N.B. The two satellites u combined together will now use the same port number.e.g.port #2 will be for both nss7ku and pas7/10.
@Pitodenz,
Thanks so much for your suggestion. I will try it out and see how it goes.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:11am On Nov 28, 2008
@Obnelly,
The fact that there are spies among us doesn't surprise me at all. Enitan2002 commented on it in Part 1 of this thread. Some are just here to hunt for information which they later go and sell for profit. Some are only here to know the latest premiership frequencies they can hook up to so as to sell to others. It is so shocking! The ealier we get it into our heads that not all who are here are really FTA hobbyists, the better and safer we will be. Now, this is the CRUX of the matter: WHEN DOES A HOBBY START BECOMING A FULL BLOWN COMMERCIAL VENTURE? Why will people come to this thread and hunt for info on how to install dishes that will recieve out-of-footprint satellites like nilesat, paksat, etc only for them to go and start commercializing it, eg selling the signals and collecting monthly rents from gullible individuals? Think about it. Because this is exactly what is going on in most places and yet we turn round and blame DSTV, HiTV, CTL, MYTV and the likes. By doing this, are we not also guilty of what we are accusing this other outfits of doing? Or, are we not even guilty of something worse?
People, It's time for the REAL HOBBYISTS to stand up and be counted!It's time we start seperating the wheat from the chaff. It's time we tell the business men/women here masqerading as FTA hobbyists to go somewhere else to hunt for information to sell. That is only when this forum will be free of spies.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 28, 2008
Your expression is seconded by me.
i foresee a time when people on this forum will be called upon by various paytvs to also act as a spy for them.
we should all beware of a user named urfriend,he is not even a spy cos he is a known agent of hitv,well to cut the long story short i've already casted a spell on him and his scammer company.
by the way captainus gave me a call all the way from the gold coast,this thread is going places.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 10:34am On Nov 28, 2008
@All
this thing is moving to another level,let me asked are we all addicted to NL?.can we not creat a yahoo group,each person submit his or her e-maill and only then can we be certain that information about FTA remains with us.just my humble opinion.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2008
@ all is high time seun upgrade this forum.Take for instance someone who google how to watch dstv or hitv for free,the first 5 sites that google ll direct the person must include this our noble thread.I thereby suggest to Mr Seun to give us PM in this forum.I also suggest that by the end of this weekend and RDV still remain scrambled causing us all not to watch another fall of Arsenal(arsenal fans make una no kill me oh) we all we go on STRIKE.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2008
@ all,
my suggestion to seun is to make this fta a section of its own on this forum and make it in such a way that it is only the registered users that will have access to the contents on the free to air section. if there is any different view or opinion i welcome it. pls moderator can you help us pass this over to the admin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.