Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,252 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203365 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2008
bodejohn:

@ Enitan2002

I did not see the mail you promised to send.
My mail once again is bodejohn2005@yahoo.com

@ All

I personally do not think that it is completely wrong for people to come here, learn some things and use the knowledge to make ends meet by installing dishes for others. We all know that while everybody will like to watch satellite TV, the money to pay at the end of the month is a headache. Also, not everybody will like to punch the wall and spend endless minutes tracking birds. Someone just need to be there to do the job. I perfectly agree that unregistered members should not be allowed to view posts on the forum. This is what obtains on most of the forums on the internet.

We will continue to watch our fta channels with or without the English premiership.

you had better start confessing your atrocities and inquities.
check your mail box for your sentence

I've also made some cool cash by installing for people, once am done with my nonsense education after being given just a sheet of paper called cetficate after 5 years of torture and hard labour, am going into this installation business full-time, and i will start from this location of mine, this place na bush, well just a border-town to Benin republic, so i no blame them, and you know he that walks with the ducks, must surely quacks like a duck ( i just hope no beninoise dey for forum sha ooo), and am dead sure i will make cool hell of money, and that is the main reason i wanna choose a motorised dish as my project so as to create awareness.

@ olofofo,
still counting on you and badaru oooooo, looking forward to seeing you guys at Sallah/Xmas break

@ all,
what do you think about we guys just having a small gathering during this yuletide period for those in lagos, those at other states can also organise thiers, your response on this is needed, and whether you guys like it or not,a big event must be hosted next year.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 28, 2008
Re: Free-To-Air Satellite TV
« #75 on: June 28, 2007, 04:33 PM »

hope any one can help.i just bought a 90cm dish ku band with my tv strong decorder,plzz i wan to know how many channels i can get on the free channels and i need to know how to get more free ku band frequency on net.plzzz am really a novice help!!!
here is the link, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.64.html#msg1246844

you all can see what this forum has turn a novice to, the person is now a top class installer and he is the GREAT PITODENZ himself.

More Testimonies are on the way.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 28, 2008
Another testimony coming again and it is frm my humble self enitan2002, check below

Re: Free-To-Air Satellite TV
« #119 on: September 14, 2007, 04:17 PM »

as to what someone said earlier,
most of us here are still tenants and it wont be wise for one to erect a dish as wide as the passage way of the house you are living in so that one's landlord/landlady wont think you are planning a coup.
But can someone kindly tell me what satellite can i turn to and how many sports channels i'm going to get including that showing premiership with a 80 cm dish also known as ku-band.

I also heard that a 120cm dish can also get stations like that of the 240cm dish but the reception will be affected during rainy season, i don't know how true this is, can someone out there tell me if it really is

here is the link to that first ever great post of mine on FTA satellite:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.96.html#msg1495955
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 28, 2008
we should all watch out for active feeds on some satellites,
ekonibaje gave me a call this morning that he watched globecast feed on sirius and they were airing a court proceedings which was about to take place in south africa cncerning jacob zuma, he also said he watched UEFA champions league highlights on the same feed thise evening, so keep watch
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by mcmsat(m): 1:12am On Nov 29, 2008
RDV! Go to SIrus4!

They left NSS7 at 22 West and go to Sirus 4. Their Frequencies are:

RDV 12554 V 3333

Equinoxe TV 12565 V 3900

Canal 2 International 12570 V 3617

STV 12577 V 4047

Lift ya dish little above EutelW3 7East(Malaga side)
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 6:50am On Nov 29, 2008
@enitan

Living by the border town may be a blessing for you. We met a guy here in GH who builds giants fibre dishes in Benin. He is an extremely nice guy and I think it would be good if you met him. Let me know if you will be interest. We are meeting him on Sunday for our Nilesat hunting.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 29, 2008
@ salamander,
kindly ask the guy how much is the package of canal horizons, am in dire need of the cost. will you be of help.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 7:28am On Nov 29, 2008
mcmsat:

RDV! Go to SIrus4!

They left NSS7 at 22 West and go to Sirus 4. Their Frequencies are:

RDV 12554 V 3333

Equinoxe TV 12565 V 3900

Canal 2 International 12570 V 3617

STV 12577 V 4047

Lift ya dish little above EutelW3 7East(Malaga side)

where have you been? on the Moon!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 29, 2008
No mind d poster i couldnt get the right words for him, maybe he is one of those hostages in mumbai hotel that got released
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:21am On Nov 29, 2008
@all

Taking our contributions a notch higher and to encourage true commitment and brotherly love on this thread. I have created a Google group, open to members only and when i say member, i mean real member. it will be like the inner caucus of this thread. think of it like the admin section of some more powerfull forum where access is restrcited until certain criterias have been met.

I have take a look at the posts and i have sent invites out to members that i feel are worthy. most other worthy members have their emails hidden so you might have to send an email with the word "invite" to nairaland-fta@googlegroups.com.

invvites have been sent out to badaru, enitan, olofofo, salamander, toxnaija , Gangsta and sathob. the name of the grouo is FTA-NAIRALAND.

Homepage: http://groups.google.co.in/group/nairaland-fta
Group email: nairaland-fta@googlegroups.com

I am going to personally ensure that there will be great benefits to joiniong this group. so please come join me.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 29, 2008
Can you see the reason why i wanted u all for myself. someone here with me doesnt want to give me the permission to get out of bed, once d permission is granted,i will make sure i accept your request. am using my phone
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:58am On Nov 29, 2008
@all

do you know that RDV is received on regular TV antennas in neighboring Ivory Coast? I have asked my brother in-law who is there to do some detective work or me. I will keep you posted.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 29, 2008
That means the station is on terrestrial and satellite platform,so that means all this while it was scrambled on satellite,the locals are still watching it.
Olofofo just keep us posted.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:12am On Nov 29, 2008
yes ooooo. tough luck. they know what they are doing.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by rawunkat1: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2008
@salamander

i wish i cld be there but unfortunately i'm working. tell me the dish size u guys r installing and how much it cost cos i kind of interested.

also is free2view available here in ghana. i here its a south affrican package.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:40am On Nov 29, 2008
@all

for subsharan african, if you are really interested in getting the best of FTA and at a limited cost, then you might want to go for NILESAT.

cost analysis

dish: 19800
LNB: 2000
cable: 900

installation: DIY, you can get a professional to put the dish together for you.

there's always, Movies, Sport, Music, News. what else cn you ask for?

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ekonibaje(m): 10:48am On Nov 29, 2008
pls olofofo kindly indicate the time 4 free to air crew to meet and discuss way forward----enitan thanks--badiru thks--olofoffo--thks--God bless--engima thks--salamainder thks--and all guys that make things happen--thks alll--like obama do say--thks to all well wishers of free to air viewers ,both commentetor--and people dat av contributed to dis forum wisely--nasfta thks--and my baba agba twinstaiye--thks--am waiting to d big day---
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 11:05am On Nov 29, 2008
@ekonibaje

I never know ooooooooo. I pray RDV come back soon so that All will be well especially for GUYS LIKE YOU.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 12:00pm On Nov 29, 2008
@ll
anyone requesting access to the group should please include their nairaland Username.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2008
@all

Just set up the Group this morning and already there's drama,

onyema@ifende.com <onyema@ifende.com> requested to join the Nairaland-FTA
group and is awaiting approval.

You can approve or reject this request online at:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/nairaland-fta/pending?hl=en-GB

Thank you,

The Google Groups Team

rom Onyemechi Ifende <onyema@ifende.com>
to Olofofo of Nigeria <olofofo@gmail.com>
date Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 12:06 PM
subject Re: group request
mailed-by ifende.com
hide details 12:06 PM (16 minutes ago)

Bros, abeg now,
Just allow me.
I'm not even registered on Nairaland
- Hide quoted text -

On 11/29/08, Olofofo of Nigeria <olofofo@gmail.com> wrote:
> you have to be an active poster on the main forum.
>

see what we are talking about?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2008
@enitan
There is a promotion going on I was told on the Canal Plus and the prices starts from 60,000CFA which include 1m dish and a decoder. There and then you have to choose your bouquet. If you could check in their offices in Benin, that would be helpful, other than that, let me know what I can do to help in my part.

@raw-kut
I hope you can make it sometime. The dish size is 5m fibre dish. The price in town is about $1,200. But if you are really interested the guy can work with any kind of specification. You can give him your design and he will build a customised dish for you; be it square, triangular, trapezium or otherwise.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2008
@ salamander,
thats quite cheap it is just about 15000 naira here in nigeria, what i really is the smart card price and prices of different packages being offered by them,price must be in cfa francs. if u can also help me with a contact over there. its business time.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2008
@enitan
Gr8! I just spoke with the guy and he will be texting me the contact. I will post it as soon as I get it or how do you prefer you get it?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2008
Guys, i think going for canal plus service i s no cheaper than dstv, i have made the enquiry once and i discovered that it is better to have dstv than canal horizon,firstly u will have to make a 6 months up front payment and just like what multi choice does, u need to make additional payment for u to have access to their ss3, in th end u would be paying closee to 60000or above every 6 months
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2008
hi olofofo, i think that is a great idea u have there, i cannot not explain my excitement and joy on that day that rdv reappeared ,but it was something else when it left ,if there is any way we can guide our information jealously especially on English premier league i am 100% with you, it is quite painful to have something and loose it hope to hear from u.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2008
chuk101:

hi olofofo, i think that is a great idea u have there, i cannot not explain my excitement and joy on that day that rdv reappeared ,but it was something else when it left ,if there is any way we can guide our information jealously especially on English premier league i am 100% with you, it is quite painful to have something and loose it hope to hear from u.

that's the whole idea of what the group is suppose to do. an in house discussion since right now, anyone can read the post here without registering.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 1:50pm On Nov 29, 2008
chuk101:

Guys, i think going for canal plus service i s no cheaper than dstv, i have made the enquiry once  and i discovered that it is better to have dstv than canal horizon,firstly u will have to make a 6 months up front payment and just like what multi choice does, u need to make additional payment for u to have access to their ss3, in th end u would be paying closee to 60000or above every 6 months

What I heard is that there is a great deal with Canal Horizon as they are doing a promotion now. And that they want to offload their systems which has been affected due to increasing interest in FTA within the sub-region. There are other reasons too which I'm afraid cannot be divulged here.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2008
@ salamander,
any confidential reply should be psoted to my mail box, enitany20022005@yahoo.com, thanks so much

@ olofofo.
the link to that google group is a secured one,and my settings here dont allow that page to open, how can you help me out and also by the way how do we log into the group
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2008
@ all,
new discovery by ekonibaje and enitan2002, there's a new satellite at 45W, you can get it from 65cm and above dish size, the signal is concentrated, check that out, that might be the next stop of RDv, so be on thew watch, 3GBOSA for all of us, check out the link
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel1r_eurnafr.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/intel1r.html

the name is intelsat 1R
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2008
enitan2002:

@ all,
new discovery by ekonibaje and enitan2002, there's a new satellite at 45W, you can get it from 65cm and above dish size, the signal is concentrated, check that out, that might be the next stop of RDv, so be on thew watch, 3GBOSA for all of us, check out the link
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel1r_eurnafr.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/intel1r.html

the name is intelsat 1R

what you are talking about is the satellite with globecast Africa feed on it. i don;t think that is a new satellite, besides RDV is not moving to another satellite, they are just encrypted for a reason.

regarding the group your email address should guarantee you entry. also check your email for the invite i sent.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2008
@enitan

you can also post to the group by sending an email to nairaland-fta@googlegroups.com from your registered gmail account, every post is sent to members by email.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2008
@ ola,
make sure u kill the bird just gotten by tomorrow, here is what you need 11510h,26693.
olofofo,i didnt mean it is a new sat just launched, i meant a new sat that can be added to the sats 90cm can track.
90cm users,that is another bird to be shot down into your receiver.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.