Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203551 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 6:49am On Nov 30, 2008
Good morning salamader, how are u, i am online on yahoo messenger if u are free could you come over for instant messages
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2008
i think right now that we are being denied our premiership right on rdv, i guess the best option is for us to move over to that channel on that bird that broadcasts in french and arabic on w6, but the funny thing is that with my 2.4 mesh in owerri, i have not been able to locate the bird , i am on th look out for a solution,. Recently i joined some friends to install a 3.5m fibre dish in owerri, and using a fuji lnb we were able to locate nilesat, as at 12pm that day show sports channels signals were ok abt 50% and all the mbcs were received, no jsc though,but dubai sports and the rest appeared, my brother that is called american wonder, nilesat is the bomb no matter what people wld say. unfortunately such size of dish is not within my reach, so i will make do with what i have, but i still need 2m national thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 7:29am On Nov 30, 2008
chuk101:

Good morning salamader, how are u, i am online on yahoo messenger if u are free could you come over for instant messages

You can add me so we can chat
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:56am On Nov 30, 2008
@ chuks 2m national is for people in west.check lyngsat.These people in west re lucky,no matter how many 2.4m dishes i ve installed am yet to come across this 2m national even yesterday i was facing atlantic ocean in the in one island here in river state,upon the clear view,i was not able to get 2m national.Also i ll like to know who ll be the first here (p.h and owerri)to get paksat,i ve tried many times without success.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:57am On Nov 30, 2008
@ chuks 2m national is for people in west.check lyngsat.These people in west re lucky,no matter how many 2.4m dishes i ve installed am yet to come across this 2m national even yesterday i was facing atlantic ocean in the in one island here in river state,upon the clear view,i was not able to get 2m national.Also i ll like to know who ll be the first here (p.h and owerri)to get paksat,i ve tried many times without success.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ ALL

I am posting pictures of my W3 and Sirius 4 dishes.
It is just a reference for all the guys wishing to track the birds.

I am congratulating myself on my hundredth post.

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ bodejohn,
thats a wonderful picx, why not make the best use of that 2.4m and make it motorised.

A Breakthrough of 2M on 90cm is out, the GREAT OLA tracked the bird and with about 70%, he did that yesterday all with the help of obnelly.

During the 1st season, i made you guys to understand that, dont have a complete trust on lyngsta, though it only gives us the guidelines but not exat things we should obey. Theories are on lyngsta, while the reality is what you can do and what you can be able to see on your TV screen.
With lyngsat, 2M is never possible, but it is possible and it has even been proven

45W is the next stop, OLA just have the belief in yourself, you are up to the task, ekonibaje said he's been some dishes facing the 45W in some apartments in Ikoyi/Victoria Island, lets give that bird a trial, those with motorised setup, badaru/olofofo, kindly help us with that, we will apprecite your effort.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2008
just a tip to give to trackers of birds.

If you are moving from the extreme east to the centre east, like 68.5E to 7E, the elevation keep rising from that extreme direction to the centre, the elevation of w3a 7E is higher than 68.5E, and that of sirius is also higher than that of w3a, so likewsie, the elevation of NSS7 22W will be higher than that of 45W because it is now moving to the extreme westward side, so take note.

So there's no need to ask about some sort of elevation again, just use the above tip to judge for yourself, but the degree of the satellite position should also be known
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2008
ekoonibaje,
pls post the frequencies for the globecast feeds on sirius.

all,
has anyone picked the premiership signal in the east,gotten from the Ibadan guy.I believe constant tracking will get us there.Pls stop making the pay tv providers demi-gods thru this talk on secrecy.they spend so much on new projects,so they cant just jump from a discovered feed easily.even,Hitv coo in yesterday's Punch newspaper complained about pirates who retransmit their premiership signals.if you have any info on feeds outside Nigeria,pls post it.if it belongs to HITV/DSTV/mytv,pls just inform the house so that trusted members can call you.
I will blindscan during epl and serie a matches today.

chuk101,
2M could be tight to pick in the east and niger-delta.Getting a 3.5m dish and fuji lnb in Owerri is a very wise decision.make sure they do proper fine tuning to pick all the available channels.pls go for the echolink for just 25k for all the scramled channels of art/showtime.call badaru1 for the limited stock.

enitan,
see how rotten you are.you are fast inducting more ashawo members like you.wetin be hole for lubrication.i get babes capable of killing you in Lagos if you feel you are a guru in it.na school dey send you no be mojo training.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2008
pitodenz:

@ chuks  2m national is for people in west.check lyngsat.These people in west re lucky,no matter how many 2.4m dishes i ve installed am yet to come across this 2m national even yesterday i was facing atlantic ocean in the in one island here in river state,upon the clear view,i was not able to get 2m national.Also i ll like to know who ll be the first here (p.h and owerri)to get paksat,i ve tried many times without success.

There're still so many scientific explanations that are needed in describing what is really happening in your geograhical location.
By the way wetin you go do for an island, i just hope that you aint one of those that blew up escravos pipe ooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2008
toxnaija:

enitan,
see how rotten you are.you are fast inducting more ashawo members like Uwetin be hole for lubrication.i get babes capable of killing you in Lagos if you feel you are a guru in it.na school dey send you no be mojo training.

you had better retract that your statement, am a respected member in the religion section, dont let me down oooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ OLA,
your call is important, you said the 2M should be tracked with a 4652 decoder and it should be done as from 1600hrs, by the way what is really the problem, dont use 4652 for sirius, use 4652 for 2M, how many decoders one wan come get for house sef? no be craziness be dis sef?

I'm now getting the meaning of the word, 'there's a fine line between hobby and mental illness'
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ngwakwe: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2008
please Oga Olofofo. My application for the post of fta gardener is till pending in your goggle group, I beg you act immediately. Tomorrow my potentials & contributions may help me for promotion to better position
I be ngwakwe better still call me Prince
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2008
@enitan

i feel you, i see your mail. please confirm you see my own. wetin be OLA id for here?

@prince

done!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ olofofo,
no qualms, what do you expect of me? I still expect so much from you.

ola ID is olason, but he has a problem of posting from its phone cos thats what he makes use of.

@ ola,
make u no worry, i get one trick for you and your phone, the cost MTN will be charging you will be 0.00000018K/KB, and you will be able to post anything postable, just keep calm. I just hope say, their GPRS, abi na EDGE dey function well for lagos, if it does, no wahala
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2008
hey guys,
am off to watch my lovely team to beat the fucking gayners, will be back soon.

Keep the work going.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2008
I was able to get intel 1R but the only available channel there is cctv 4 and 9 even after blind scan.enitan according to lyngsat 2m national beam manage to end in western side of naija.Abeg no ask me wetin i go do for island,somebody ve to be there for those guys in those places abi u go come cross water.Again canalsat is every french even their cnn.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2008
enitan2002:

just a tip to give to trackers of birds.

If you are moving from the extreme east to the centre east, like 68.5E to 7E, the elevation keep rising from that extreme direction to the centre, the elevation of w3a 7E is higher than 68.5E, and that of sirius is also higher than that of w3a, so likewsie, the elevation of NSS7 22W will be higher than that of 45W because it is now moving to the extreme westward side, so take note.

So there's no need to ask about some sort of elevation again, just use the above tip to judge for yourself, but the degree of the satellite position should also be known
@Enitan2002,
I just checked on dishpointer, and you're very correct on this. Dish elevation for 45W (Intelsat 1R) in Lagos will be lower than that of 22W. It is precisely 34.0°. Azimuth (true): 264.3° . Just my one cent.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:05pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ all it seems mytv left their africa movie channel open on purpose cos mytv is half paytv and half fta,that why those guys there call themselves strong-solution.just enter 6969 after scaning and mtvafrica ll open,its a nagra key and i think they know about it thats why they do advert anytime in the middle of a film.N.B.those keys with conax re their locked channels.No need of secrecy here its a market strategy and i believe the selfish dstv ll learn from them.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2008
One weekend that i can laugh, UP ARSERNAL!!!

Enitan sorry o, I hear say engineers never finish redesigning of the bridge not to talk of re-construction
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ all 4650/52 can still work sirus bird just by editing the last digit in the symbol rate till the signal come.N.B.Most Sirus freq posted here re gotten from blindscan. George u should ve tell the house if my suggestion on diseq stuff work out for u,though i knew it ll, cos i dey work for me.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2008
@all

any active poster interested in being a member of the group should please send am email to olofofo@gmail.com, we have 15 members so far. still ecstatic from Chelsea's loss!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by maddoxoj(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2008
Hi all,
I can see things are moving swiftly. I surely miss tracking any bird these days. Anyone who's tracking any dishes in Abuja soon can call me (08098-maddox [623369]) to join in. I wan warm hand small!

Oh, about that Nigcomsat1 thing, I checked the tech info of the bird and confirmed that it is one of these "latest" satellites that run exclusively on solar power. They're usually equipped with dual-polar solar sensors (North and south solar sensors) for the "winged" satellites or the entire exterior is surrounded with solar sensors (for the round satellites). These designs are, of course, to maximise exposure to sunlight as the bird moves along. These kinds of birds are more efficient when they work but fail woefully when they, you know it, fail. if any of the solar sensors fails, it means the rechargeable batteries that power the entire bird would discharge without any source of recharge and that's the end. Barring that, these kinds of birds are usually less likely to explode on blast-off (which is very common) and they are lighter (no fuel and generator to carry) making it possible to carry more payload.

However, I'm still of the opinion that Nigeria should forget about this satellite business for now. It's not a simple market to operate in. It's an expensive business. You just don't own one satellite, you have to own own a fleet of them and have at least two birds in one slot. Do you think Intelsat 7/10 is one bird? or Eutelsat W4/SESAT, Nilesat, Hotbird, Eurobird, Intelsat 10-02, etc.? We should get serious. I'm appealing to all Nairaland FTA forum members (including our honorary citizens in Ghana, Ethiopia, etc) to join me in signing a protest letter demanding the government to retrieve the cost of that bird from the chinks and put it in a trust fund to be administered by members of this forum.

I'm dead serious. As soon as five people accent to this petition I'd post a url with the petition and space for people to append their signatures. Meanwhile, guys should start raising suggestions on how WE (Nairaland FTA forum members) would apply the cash when it's given to us. I'm waiting. kiss
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:30pm On Nov 30, 2008
maddoxoj:

Hi all,
I can see things are moving swiftly. I surely miss tracking any bird these days. Anyone who's tracking any dishes in Abuja soon can call me (08098-maddox [623369]) to join in. I wan warm hand small!

Oh, about that Nigcomsat1 thing, I checked the tech info of the bird and confirmed that it is one of these "latest" satellites that run exclusively on solar power. They're usually equipped with dual-polar solar sensors (North and south solar sensors) for the "winged" satellites or the entire exterior is surrounded with solar sensors (for the round satellites). These designs are, of course, to maximise exposure to sunlight as the bird moves along. These kinds of birds are more efficient when they work but fail woefully when they, you know it, fail. if any of the solar sensors fails, it means the rechargeable batteries that power the entire bird would discharge without any source of recharge and that's the end. Barring that, these kinds of birds are usually less likely to explode on blast-off (which is very common) and they are lighter (no fuel and generator to carry) making it possible to carry more payload.

However, I'm still of the opinion that Nigeria should forget about this satellite business for now. It's not a simple market to operate in. It's an expensive business. You just don't own one satellite, you have to own own a fleet of them and have at least two birds in one slot. Do you think Intelsat 7/10 is one bird? or Eutelsat W4/SESAT, Nilesat, Hotbird, Eurobird, Intelsat 10-02, etc.? We should get serious. I'm appealing to all Nairaland FTA forum members (including our honorary citizens in Ghana, Ethiopia, etc) to join me in signing a protest letter demanding the government to retrieve the cost of that bird from the chinks and put it in a trust fund to be administered by members of this forum.

I'm dead serious. As soon as five people accent to this petition I'd post a url with the petition and space for people to append their signatures. Meanwhile, guys should start raising suggestions on how WE (Nairaland FTA forum members) would apply the cash when it's given to us. I'm waiting. kiss

I belive that the biggest black nation on the planet needs a satellite, whether or not the goverment should be buying and putting it in space is another issue.

but like everything else, the government finances it and then sell it to themselves as private citizens, we know the whole story and vicious cycle of corruption and greed.

imagine all the grand plan that was on the table for that bird before it came. majority of nigerians can benefit from it. Just image NIlesat moving their collection of transponders to that bird for coverage for sub saharan africa or what a couple of data channels for internet will do for the prices and quality of internet access.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by maddoxoj(m): 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2008
@olofofo
You're right, but you know our people know how to do the right thing the wrong way. Also, we have bigger problems than that for now. The electricity problem has now attained crisis proportions. Imagine Abuja electricity is now very terrible. Without electricity how will you enjoy the bird?
Meanwhile, include me in the mailing list. My email is maddoxoj@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ enitan,fofo and enitan plz one of u should help delete my post regarding mytv now now!my info was fake and false.i dont want it to be there till tomorrow am always on fone so i ve limitations.Fofo i just send u a mail.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2008
@pitodenz, maddox

Welcome to the group. Pito, i don add you before now.

@maddox

if we will wait for the Electricity issue to be resolved before we start enjoying the good things of life then we don enter trouble. my main concern is mediocrity and nepotism, once round pegs are in right holes, out problems will start disappearing one by one.

@pito

how u want make we delete your post for nairaland. na twinstaiye Job be that now.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2008
pitodenz:

@ enitan,fofo and enitan plz one of u should help delete my post regarding mytv now now!my info was fake and false.i don't want it to be there till tomorrow am always on phone so i ve limitations.Fofo i just send u a mail.

for where u hear your info before, what exactly was the mistake you made?

@ olofofo,
am still sulking for now, and you know the reason
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2008
George_D:

@Enitan2002,
I just checked on dishpointer, and you're very correct on this. Dish elevation for 45W (Intelsat 1R) in Lagos will be lower than that of 22W. It is precisely 34.0°. Azimuth (true): 264.3° . Just my one cent.

anybody that the GREAT BADARU trained will become a well-trained expert, but he's still holding onto my E-Certificate of Apprenticeship.

OGA BADARu, thanks for training me ooooo, i salute you ooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 10:30pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ Enitan 2002 ,please tell that ur friend that NILESAT signals is receivable here in LAGOS, am currently at ikeja right now.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ adewest,
that simply means that, you've not been following this thread with utmost concentration.
We've so many guys here in lagos receiving nile, amongst them we have OLA, olofofo, folo28, and even badaru has tracked the bird with 2.4m dishes on several occassion.
So, maybe you're trying to pass a new info, i dont really know.
Tell the house your experience of the setup you installed.
We are all at ears
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Jesude: 9:07am On Dec 01, 2008
GOOD MORNING ALL THE COMDRADE IN THE HOUSE, A NEW CHILD IS BORN TO NILESAT, NILESAT LOVER, THE NAME OF THE CHILD IS FOX SERIES, HAPPY VIEWING, RE-SCAN UR DECODER

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.