Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,027 members, 7,863,690 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:53 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (204205 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2009
linksman:

Let the tracking of birds begin.
Yes, I quite agree. Enough of the doodling over all-what-not. Let the real purpose of this thread BEGIN!
Let's begin shooting down birds-like we have always done grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2009
Captainus,
are u sure about the TV3 frequency?it is not on lyngsat neither could i pick it when i scanned a few minutes ago.

GeorgeD,
sorry for the delay.I had to switch on my generator to be able to power everything.no regular electricity since new year eve.

all,
the site to pick sky italia keys is www.anaimgr.com. I am sorry for the mix-up.It uses videoguard encryption.Ols check if Echolink has provision for it,and input manually.Strong receivers do not have it.you can pick portuguese la=liga feed on nss7 c band 3830 v 2893 SPORT TV AFRICA.Supersports picks its feed there too.it is also on intel907 with NTA.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2009
@tox9ja yes im watching it at the moment with 90%quality.you may change the polarity v to h or vice versa 3738(h or v) 1750 nss7 cband
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2009
toxnaija:

Captainus,
are u sure about the TV3 frequency?it is not on lyngsat neither could i pick it when i scanned a few minutes ago.

GeorgeD,
sorry for the delay.I had to switch on my generator to be able to power everything.no regular electricity since new year eve.

all,
the site to pick sky italia keys is www.anaimgr.com. I am sorry for the mix-up.It uses videoguard encryption.Ols check if Echolink has provision for it,and input manually.Strong receivers do not have it.you can pick portuguese la=liga feed on nss7 c band 3830 v 2893 SPORT TV AFRICA.Supersports picks its feed there too.it is also on intel907 with NTA.

@ talksonaija, that freq is no big deal,it's was working ok
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 10:31pm On Jan 02, 2009
Adewest,
How far with the Sky italia keys.do they work on echolink receivers?If there is any news for me,pls holla me on my MTN.I am waiting.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sulazzi: 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2009
fellow nairalanders i,m new 2 this thread hw can i get access to this free to air tv since som of us can't afford dstv subscription fees. i don't know so much abt free 2 air.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sulazzi: 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2009
fellow nairalanders i,m new 2 this board and also this thread hw can i get access to this free to air tv since som of us can't afford dstv subscription fees. i don't know so much about free 2 air.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 11:26pm On Jan 02, 2009
captainus,
pls check your info very well.I still cant pick it.TVAfrica is as high as 96% here but I cant pick TV3 on NSS 7 C band.what is wrong?I am monitoring the run-off election on TVAfrica.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:48am On Jan 03, 2009
@toxnaija,
I have just seen your mail and I have also replied. Check your mailbox please.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2009
Sullazi,
my suggestion is u go through d thread from page 1, i guarantee u that U'll get better at it. but if u still have questions after that, u can come back and ask.

All those who say everything that can be invented has been invented, a little story for you guys.

In the late 1950's/early 60's, because of rapid advances in the pharmaceutical sciences, the world had so many antibiotics for just about every known bacterial infection, scientists congratulated themselves and the Surgeon General of the U.S, went on national TV and announced that ', now we can close the book on all infectious diseases'.
barely months after that speech, the first documented case of 'Multi-drug resistant' staph. aureus (that was not responsive to any known antibiotic at that time), was observed. barely months after that, viral infections also became more prominent and of course had no known cure at that time, and the Surgeon General wished he could eat his words.

The point of the story is that science is constantly evolving, and there is so much yet to be done. the holy grail of computer is still the electron computer (imagine a CPU the size of a pin head), nuclear physicist still dream of controlled nuclear fusion, and more realistically, in our hobby, the dream of catching nilesat in S/Nigeria with a 90cm dish because of advances in LNB and dish design. but in case u say that isn't really inventing, then think about this, Living things can generate so much energy from organic matter (food), while man has to design inefficient batteries which constantly need recharging. Imagine if one could design a power pack that utilises the same principles of energy generation as living things, u would have devices with almost unlimited sources of power, u could have an electronic bug, fitted with a camera, mic and transmitters the size of a fly, that doesn't need to have it's batteries replaced, the world of espionage would become truly frightening indeed. and don't think of this as just science fiction, that's what they thought of some of the Star trek gadgets (e.g their communicators) of those early days, but which wireless technology and bluetooth has made a reality today. these things are even being researched as we speak, so don't u dare believe inventions as a phase of mankinds existence is over!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by alcovex1(m): 11:02am On Jan 03, 2009
@ all,

thank God we all made it into 2009. May the plans of our Creator manifest in the live of all members of this forum, their families, friends, our country (Nigeria) & the world we all live in [AMEN]
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:26am On Jan 03, 2009
@Gangsta101,
You surely got it right. And to add to this: Several years ago, one of the big three car manufacturers in europe came out with a model of a saloon car and the slogan was "nothing more to add". That was SANTANA 2000 (for those of you who still remember that model, it was released in the early '90s). Now, almost two decades onwards, we are still seeing new things being added to cars. We have ABS, ESD, EBD, tilt steering, GPS navigation, triptonic gearing system, etc. So, what is all this telling us? Nothing more to add? Naw, there are obviuosly more and more things to be added. Same goes for other sphers of our human life. Innovation is dynamic.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2009
@george_D

Innovation is dynamic.

Well Put.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2009
Never say never,the best is yet to arrive
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2009
@All
Enough of the philosophy friends!
Did anyone notice that STV1 and STV2 are off on their Sirius Transponder?
I'll try blind scanning.
Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 7:18pm On Jan 03, 2009
@all

what do you guys thinks of welding aluminum extensions to a 2.4m strong dish to make it a 4m dish. do you think that it will improve the receptions? it's on of the things that am planning on experimenting with. what do you guys think before i embark on this venture?

@adewest

thanks, i spoke to yussuf he says i can only get in Lagos for about 50k.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2009
@Olofofo,
Do not try to extend any dish if you dot have the required calculations that will give you the perfect parabolic curve. If the curve is not correct, your signal strength will drop, meaning that the efficiency of the dish has reduced. What you can do is to get mesh dish of say 3.4 or 3.5 meter from Alaba market and plug off the holes to make it a solid pan. Then you can enjoy nilesat in Lagos.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2009
ecowas,
I realised it too (stv gone on sirius)while trying to scan for TV3 Ghana.I am still waiting for captainus reply on my inability to lock the station.

adewest,
pls reply my question on sky italia.does echolink have videoguard/nds edit menu?

butoneday,
pls explain how to convert mesh into pan.i am curious about it.

all,
the forum is kind of dry for now.wetin dey?if you are in the Lagos/Ibadan area,pls join me on air tonight 11.03pm for the new year jam.Paramount FM 94.5 is the place via ur radio set oooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:57pm On Jan 03, 2009
adewest,
please reply my question on sky italia.does echolink have videoguard/nds edit menu?

@ Talksonaija,Echolink don't have the videoguard/nds edit menu but if support is given from the software maker of Echolink receiver,the abracadabra will always solve the equation.Roger so far over
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2009
@tox9ja yes it is working.to make certain of it i've just finished watching barca vrs majorca.u know just like tv africa and tv + garbon u need to wait about a second or two b4 the signal turns green.i guess it has something to do with the SR( i.e below 2.0MS/s).the tp is not on lyngsat.A friend gave it to me.i use 1.8m motorised dish and i guess urs is even bigger.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 1:08am On Jan 04, 2009
captainus,
thanks.I will try it again.Does TV3 show Spanish la-liga regularly?what is the programme line-up like?

Adewest,
how u dey?any development yet?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 2:05am On Jan 04, 2009
captainus,
I just got it now on 3739 H 1750 after trying several frequencies for some minutes.It got as high as 98%.pls inform us about their programme line-up especially sport.pls send me more exclusive frequencies available to you.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 04, 2009
For those whose inner eyes are still open and have not been blinded by any worldly things will agree that everything needed to aid mankind has been put into creation by the almigthy father,it is now left for man to tap into this vast knowledge. all the talks about scientific innovations still have their basic root of operation within the laws of science which has been discovered by the fathers of science e.g ISAAC NEWTON, ALBERT EISTEIN, VAN DER VAAL, BOYLE, OHM, e.t.c, just check it out yourself any new innovation will still be explainable with any of the scientific principles we've known. So therefore, any new innovation is possible only under the modification of what has been in existence. OBNELLY,OLA,BADARU,OLOFOFO,JUSTX24,BODEJOHN. happy new year to you all.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 10:26am On Jan 04, 2009
@all

Any channel showing premier match today?

Victory for Africa, for the successful elections in Ghana. The Western countries were expecting a negative report and they have none, so they did not give it the prominence it deserves. Shame on them!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 11:22am On Jan 04, 2009
@olofofo

how u de now,I ve been trying your no,no success
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 11:26am On Jan 04, 2009
@salamander

no premiership today, just FA cup.

giligham vs Aston villa @ 2:30pm on MBC 1 0r 2

1 expect MBC1 or 2 on W3 to show southhampton vs MANU match at 5pm.

there are also FA cup tomorrow 9m
calrling cup semi-finals on Tuesday and wednesday at 9pm

stay tuned to MBC on eutelsat.
@badaru

i dey oo happy new YEAR!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 11:28am On Jan 04, 2009
happ new year to u all.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2009
eutelsat w2m 1.7 degree east is on for testing .
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2009
olofofo:

@salamander

no premiership today, just FA cup.

giligham vs Aston villa @ 2:30pm on MBC 1 0r 2

1 expect MBC1 or 2 on W3 to show southhampton vs MANU match at 5pm.

there are also FA cup tomorrow 9m
calrling cup semi-finals on Tuesday and wednesday at 9pm

stay tuned to MBC on eutelsat.
@badaru

i dey oo happy new YEAR!

Thanks man!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2009
@toxnaija,
On way you can convert a porous dish into a solid pan is by covering the receiving surface (including the holes) with aluminium foil wrapping sheets. I am talking of the type foil used on fibre dishes for providing a reflective surface so that signal can be received. The challenge is to get a good adhesive and to smoothen out the dish surface. You need to apply white paint on the foil.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by nuresine: 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2009
all
is any body know the possiblity to get 7tv russian in 36e i.e dstv and hitv position.pls any body that have any idea can throw more light on it.
@badaru1,olofofo,tox9ja,adewest
pls i do u see skysat of 2.4m pan dish,becos i saw one that i want buyat the rate of 35k.pls advise me in term of signal strengh and so on.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2009
@nuresine

You will need a really big Dish to get that channel or maybe move to Russia. am thinking maybe like a 4-6m dish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.