Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,649 members, 7,851,194 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:56 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203856 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2008
George-D,
Below is the pix of the Comstar 2.4m mesh.

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2008
@All Sirius 4 Users,
A new channel, LCF, has been added on 12551 / V / 2444, making a total of 6 channels (STV1, STV2, LCF, Equinoxe, Canal 2 International, RDV). For LCF, Try H polarity if the V does not suit your LNB skew.

With a 65cm Eurostar dish, after slight adjustment, I am now able to receive both the W3A and the Sirius4 with one LNB, achieving a signal strength of 74% and Quality of 50% for all the channels on the two birds (at my 36 degrees East Location). I am using a 0.2dB Starmax LNB.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2008
@ badaru
how did u get a neck for ur 2.4m locally?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 30, 2008
@ all,
this is the page i read last before going to bed and the first thing i read when i wake up, instead of me saying my prayers.

@ sirius viewers,
it seems there're about 3 birds on this location namely sirius2,3,4, and i dont think that all the birds have been put to operation. So i guess we all should just wait and see the goodies that await us all in the coming year, i can see some more stations popping up on that bird, and dont be suprise if most are from francophone countries.

@ NASH-FTA,
thanks a lot for that update, keep it up. It's just that majority of the bird viewers have gotten it and since the talk on the forum for now has to do with european birds and nile, but i felt they must have been carried away by the talks of echolink, abracadabra, diablo (latest now) e.t.c example is me myself
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 30, 2008
@ pitodenz,
badaru just modified the neck he's using for its 1.8m motorised dish before. He gave it to an expert welder in his area for the modifications.

the picture below shows a double layer dish, this is the pix i promised to send some days back

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 11:09am On Dec 30, 2008
@ badaru/enitan
post the pic of the modified neck
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2008
@ pitodenz,
i dont have the picture on my phone
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 11:35am On Dec 30, 2008
@Salamander/Gangsta
KAJ will release results by 13:00 GMT today and my opinion is: Agbenaaa!

@All
Someone mentioned regular maintenance of motorised dish.
What is that? greasing? please throw more light.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2008
@ecowas4all

We all know who has won, unless there is an African magic
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2008
@ toxnaija

My 2.4m mesh is exactly like this.
Which birds were you able to track with it?

Is this dish of yours located where you live?
If yes, i think you might need to check your priorities for 2009.
Just kidding grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2008
@all

these are the preliminary satellites am able to get with the motorised 2.4m strong dish. position 1 Thaicom 55%,2 pas10 max 54%(with dielect),3 Itv,66%,4 sabc c-band 79%,5 ethiopia 80%,6 Arabsat c-80%,7 eurobird 3 tps 53%,,8 w2 90%,9 hotbird Art 55%,10 w3 98%,11 sirus 98%,12 Atlantic bird ku-algeria 70%,13 nile 70%(11862)bbc 56%,14 atlantic bird c band 90%, 15 Ait 75%,16 nss ku 98%,17 nss c band Cnn 80%,18 Nta &0%.

I have not really sat down to try other satellites to see wether something will come. I will keep you posted for any new development.

Pitodenz
The neck is locally constructed.

The beauty of 2.4 is that it is easier to track with than 1.8,but is not easy doing it alone. I will post the pic later
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2008
Nash FTA,
Nice to hear from u again, actually i am pretty interested in ur post on the sirius bird, cos a few days ago, while completing my multi-LNB setup on a 1.8m dish, i wanted to track w3a and sirius with a single LNB. But unfortunately i didn't pull it off (couldn't maintain usable signal levels from both sats at one). why i finally gave up was cos i realized tthat even if i did pull it off, i wouldn't be able to receive Go Africa from w3a, so i ended up using 2 lnbs and tying them up in a really ingenious way (i'll post the pic one of these days).
this created a big problem in that i now have 5 lnbs (nile, w3, nss7, sirius and a small dish with 7/10), AND ONLY a 4-way diseqc. i tried tying up the wires from the sirius and nss7 lnbs and feeding them to one diseqc port but experiened considerable signal drop esp. on the sirius signals, so now i've left out d nss7 cable, but i'm still open to suggestions (note, i can't find a 2-way switch, which would have been my best bet or an 8 way diseqc either).

Olofofo,
i was the one asking about PVR. thanks, i'll research into it before making a purchase
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2008
bodejohn,
I am almost sure you were referring to the buildings in the background.Anyway,I don't have to uproot my building because I have neighbours who live in old bungalows and shanties.even Ajegunle/Ajah in  Lagos is a mixture of mansions and shanties.I will send you my crib's pix if you request for it.the dishes are at the back of my house.my neighbours are wonderful.any other query sir?
I pick all the available birds in Nigeria except Nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2008
@ tox

Oga tox, no be fight now.
It is not yet a sin to live in a place like that.
Remember that i am not Enitan.
I was just joking and nothing more.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2008
toxnaija:

George-D,
Below is the pix of the Comstar 2.4m mesh.
Bros,
Read your mail and reply me. I e-mailed you almost two days ago.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2008
@salamander,
We also know who will win. Congrats in advance grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2008
@ George D

i can see what this ur diablocam is pushing u into. U can only get 3m eurostar pan only by special request fm the importers but they r damn too expensive ranging between 85K.U must be ready to invest hugely if u venture  into all this diablo,Magic cam and others abi u wan creat ur own rebrocasting TV channels

@Adewest,
You dey stroke me now o!  smiley Just because I ask you simple question na im you come dey yab me like this? I never even begin venture into hotbird and eurobird like you. Na me suppose to ask you whether you want turn into DISCOM, CTL or WORLDLINK with all these europe satellites wey you dey run after. I sure say small time now you go install big 8.0m dish to begin track Astra 2D grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2008
badaru1:

@all

these are the preliminary satellites am able to get with the motorised 2.4m strong dish. position 1 Thaicom 55%,2 pas10 max 54%(with dielect),3 Itv,66%,4 sabc c-band 79%,5 ethiopia 80%,6 Arabsat c-80%,7 eurobird 3 tps 53%,,8 w2 90%,9 hotbird Art 55%,10 w3 98%,11 sirus 98%,12 Atlantic bird ku-algeria 70%,13 nile 70%(11862)bbc 56%,14 atlantic bird c band 90%, 15 Ait 75%,16 nss ku 98%,17 nss c band Cnn 80%,18 Nta &0%.

I have not really sat down to try other satellites to see wether something will come. I will keep you posted for any new development.

Pitodenz
The neck is locally constructed.

The beauty of 2.4 is that it is easier to track with than 1.8,but is not easy doing it alone. I will post the pic later
badaru, in term of ku reception here i dont think there's much difference with lagos,but c-band reception is something else.Do u know that i ve never gotten itv,pulse , more than 45% in old strong and most times after so many adjustment i settle for 34%,nation and citizen seem to be high now at 72% but sabc sometime ago increase to 72%(that was when we were able to get it on 1.8m) but after a short period returned to 55% and cant be gotten in 1.8m ever.Am always suprise on the kind of c band signal u guess receive there.i wish one of this day one of u guys ll come for installation in ph to prove this wrong(i love challenges)
There was no mention of nile H transpondant in ur above post and where did u get the neck constructed,at north?pic required.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by LSBLeaky(m): 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2008
@ all. I need a house member who can help in installin a 1.8m motorised dish around AbuleEgba, in Lagos. Dis is my No. 08054018552. am wilin 2 facilitate d person.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 31, 2008
@ all, am watching a programme on BEN TV on pas7, and its the 1st National Bikers Convention, 2007 at Abuja, which was organised by Charlie boy. So i am wondering if truly we are FTA satellite ethusiast, psychopat, hobbyst etc can organise something similar this coming New Year. I believe this is a wakeup call and an opportunity for everyone of us in taking this hobby to greater heights. Northern Region: Twinstaiye,Jujukemist,Gangsta,Baba-Egun,Maddox,Adewest Eastern Region: Biggjoe(PIONEER),chuk101,george_D Southern Region: Pitodenz,Butoneday Western Region: Badaru,Olofofo,Ola,Tokunboh,Justx24,Mide,Bodejohn,Obnelly. This is a wakeupcall for you guys, let us all come together and make this a reality. WE CAN MAKE IT. Are you guys ready for this challenge?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 7:42am On Dec 31, 2008
@Gangsta101,
Refering to your post yesterday,
Gangsta101:

Nash FTA,
Nice to hear from u again, actually i am pretty interested in ur post on the sirius bird, because a few days ago, while completing my multi-LNB setup on a 1.8m dish, i wanted to track w3a and sirius with a single LNB. But unfortunately i didn't pull it off (couldn't maintain usable signal levels from both sats at one). why i finally gave up was because i realized tthat even if i did pull it off, i wouldn't be able to receive Go Africa from w3a, so i ended up using 2 lnbs and tying them up in a really ingenious way (i'll post the pic one of these days).
this created a big problem in that i now have 5 lnbs (nile, w3, nss7, sirius and a small dish with 7/10), AND ONLY a 4-way diseqc. i tried tying up the wires from the sirius and nss7 lnbs and feeding them to one diseqc port but experiened considerable signal drop esp. on the sirius signals, so now i've left out d nss7 cable, but i'm still open to suggestions (note, i can't find a 2-way switch, which would have been my best bet or an 8 way diseqc either).
I guess the good signal levels I am getting has to do with the 0.2dB LNB - the lower the noise figure the better. There are alos no obstructions between the dish and the satellites. However, I also noticed that Go Africa and Ariane TV signals were weaker than the rest. With an ofset dish, tracking both the Sirius and W3A with one LNB is easy - If you already have a W3A dish installed, just adjust the elevation by 0.5cm, leaving the Azimuth unchanged. You will have to compromise on quality (at least 45-50% for both birds) and signal level (at least 60-70% for both). Note that the sensitivity of your receiver's tuner is important too! You may get some extra tips on how to connect multiple LNBs at (_http://www.dmsiusa.com/multiplelnbfs.htm_). See the pictures below:

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by microgiant: 9:07am On Dec 31, 2008
@ Salamander
To Access Keys Menu for Skymaster DX22. Go to Menu ---> Installation ---> enter pin ---> System Setup ---> System Information,
then information box opens with the info about the receiver, then enter 4225, and the editor comes.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:31am On Dec 31, 2008
to Everyone on this Thread and Forum

It was a very hard decision to make. So try not to screw it up!!!

My Wish for You in 2009

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of N1000 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ,

May 2009 be the best year of your life!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Muthamiah: 10:53am On Dec 31, 2008
i'm using technosat t-888 plus decoder and i seriously need keys to open up irdeto2 & conax. who has a breakthro on this?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2008
Muthamiah:

I'm using technosat t-888 plus decoder and i seriously need keys to open up irdeto2 & conax. who has a breakthrough on this?

You are definitely in the wrong forum!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by lincpon: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2008
I need A DSTV card the old one for purchase contact me on 08063737778.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2008
@ lincpon, how much are you giving d card out? put the price on d forum before i give u a call.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2008
Muthamiah:

i'm using technosat t-888 plus decoder and i seriously need keys to open up irdeto2 & conax. who has a breakthro on this?

Which Irdeto/Conax channels are you thinking of and on which satellite?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Muthamiah: 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2008
@enigma
to descramble channels on Intelsat 7/10 (IS-7/10) @ 68.5° East.
i have a decoder with provision to put the keys (irdeto 2 but i don't have the keys.
in love with channel O
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by graciousme(f): 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2008
@all
long time no come forum,how una dey?

@toxie dearie
thanks for having me in mind,i get reports of you asking of me,this internet wahala and busy schedule has kept me away,i sent you a xmas text and the new year text is on its way,takia of you,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by graciousme(f): 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2008
@adewest

hey,i was wondering if i can get all the showtime channels on my 1.8m here in abuja.maybe by chance you have an idea.waiting for your reply thanksie!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2008
@ All

Just want to reiterate that all information given out on this forum no matter how small is very important and useful.
I had been struggling with poor signals on my W3 dish for sometime now, playing with the lnb skew yesterday my MBC, Ariane tv and Go Africa channels jumped from complete red to 60% without even changing the azimuth or elevation of the dish.

Here is wishing everybody here a happy and prosperous 2009!

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.