Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (204206 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by nuresine: 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2009
@olofofo
thanks but what of 2.4m skysat dish that i said someone want sell to me.is 35k is not too much.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by nuresine: 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2009
is ok and the signal strengh will be ok like strong,eurosat dish and so on.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2009
I have complete motorised set 1.8m dish,jack and positioner for sale,any one interested should contact me. This are the brief discription of the channels am geting with it. position 1 etv south africa max 98%,2 itvmax 60%,3 sabc 60%,4 ethiopian 70%,5 jsc sport1 70%,6 hitv 98%,7 tvmorocco90%,8 w3,9 sirus 98%,10 nile 9 tps max 56%,11 cfi *0%,12 ait 60%,13 cnn 65%,14 nss7 ku 98%,15 nta 60%, and16 mali
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by nuresine: 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2009
@badaru
what chaneel do u get on your 1.8m motorised,have interest and i am living at ibadan.i want you just give the detail of it,and how much will it cost me.
thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2009
@nuresine

35k for a 2.4m dish is too much oooooooooooooooooooo. is it new or used? motororized or fixed?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2009
Captainus,
any feedback on my enquiries?did tv3 show real madrid v. villareal?

butoneday,
thanks.i think it's not worth the stress.it might not work well.

Adewest,
any news?pls holla me when you are free.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2009
@tox9ja tv3 shows one la liga game and one grade c premiership per week.they have highlight on the major european leagues on wednesday 8pm or 8.30pm(not too sure about the time). Website: tv3.com.gh
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 1:25am On Jan 05, 2009
Captainus,
thanks a lot for the info.So,we have been missing all the top la liga matches.I hope to hear from you as soon as there are more frequencies.I will check the website straight away.why is there no interest on echolink from Ghana,could it be the elections?I believe Adewest's experiment on 2.4m pan at my place in a few days will help you a lot at your end in Ghana.please sensitise others on it.I hope to visit Ghana next year.

Olofofo,
Adewest asked that I inform you that he has a friend in Lagos who is good at moulding 4m fibre.He requests that you call him later today as he has been trying to get you on the phone.

all,
I got this piece of information on tv3 website   tv3.com.gh

Tv3 Goes Satellite

Ghana's favourite television station, TV3, can now be viewed in all 53 African countries and Europe.
This follows the successful installation of a c-band satellite to broadcast the network's much sought after programmes.
While the station is poised to reach the entire country before the end of the year, the satellite transmission is set to put "Adesa we" on a high pedestal for world class content.
In line with TV3's aim of sustaining the leadership position as Ghana’s number one TV channel, the station activated its satellite equipment on may 24 to go beyond the borders of ghana, as part of efforts to achieve the free-to-air television station nationwide coverage status.
The station has acquired up to date modern c-band satellite system to broadcast its programme to the whole of Africa and Europe.
While TV3 would continue to run terrestrial broadcasting with the satellite network, it will migrate to the digital system as required by the international broadcasting organisation.
For the stations numerous and discerning viewers, quality and content is going to get even better.
The Director, Client Service Group, Nana Kutin-Mensah is positive about the prospects for companies, organizations and individuals who do business with the station.
He added that, TV3 signals now cuts across the boundaries of Ghana and can be viewed world and that, corperate entities who do business with TV3 will have more value for their investment.
Viewers who want to watch Tv3 live via satellite can use the following cordinates :
Freq - 3739MHZ
Fec-7/8
Pal - V
Cord - 2200 W
Sat - NSS7
SR - 1.755 m/s

SPANISH LA-LIGA runs live on Saturday and Sunday,English Premiership runs live on Saturday and Monday on TV3 Ghana.the private station is owned and run by Malaysian investors with a Nigerian, Roland Ajetumobi the Director of Finance.I will supply more info as they unfold.tv3 is worth watching with the impressive line-up especially news,movies and sports.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by nuresine: 11:13am On Jan 05, 2009
@badaru
pls i am still expecting your mail.is the nile that you get is possible in Ibadan, and is mbc included.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2009
@ tox9ja,

On the issue of echolink ,I put some questions a couple of pages back: I wanted to find out of what use will the decoder be if one does not have Nilesat or hotbird. Because at the moment and at my location (Southern Ghana with my 1.8m motorised dish) I don't have any of the above 2 birds and if I should get an echolink decoder what do I stand to gain that my SRT4653X does not give me?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2009
@captainus

meant for toxnajia but answer provided by me.

echolink will probably be useless to you for now because i do not know of any package receivable on 1.8m dish that the decoder can emulate. you might want to get a bigger dish and once you are ab;e to tracks birds like nilesat, hotbird, eurobird etc. you stand to gain a lot from the decoder with these packages. we might never never know though is support might be provided for packages close to you but for now, there's none.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2009
@Olofofo

Thanks very much.

@toxnaija and anybody with a motorised mesh dish (2.4m or bigger).

Please let me know the advantages and disadvantages in terms of signal quality, durabilty of the dish and any other useful infomation.Your urgent response will be very much appreciated.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2009
@Toxnaija
I wonder what games STV1 and STV2 are playing, perhaps they no longer want to be FTA, maybe they think we should pay to view. However i was able to track them down. Please leave me a mail or IM on yahoo messenger. I'll share my findings.

@Captainus
When are you coming to Accra? I think i should have my dish motorised.

@Salamander/Sathob
Hey guys the elections are over now and i suggest we set targets for 2009.
I suggest we begin to tinker with the european birds as well. To do this we must track down Abdulai and learn the mould building. I Know a site in Ddwa were we could meet and set-up all the moulds we want.
Besides Salamander we were supposed to meet and motorise your dish then get down to mine, What happenned?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2009
@Fofo
We need the Echolink na but as Captainus said, first things first. Wetin we go take this echolink do sha?
Make we track down the birds that would need the echolink first.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2009
@Ecowas4all,
I'm in Accra at least every working day.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ciscostaz: 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2009
una well done here ooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2009
@CaptainUS
How about Saturday 10th or 17th? At least i can be sure i would still have a beer or two from the festive season, Can't guarantee drinks after that grin
@Salamander Sathob, would you be able to join us?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2009
@Ecowas4all

Sorry we motorised the dish on the election day. I think it must be as the result of avoiding all the noise of the elections. The only person I tried to call was Sathob who was also busy somewhere so could not make it. But as you rightly said, we should track down Abdallah and set to work as soon as possible.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2009
Ecowas4All:

@CaptainUS
How about Saturday 10th or 17th? At least i can be sure i would still have a beer or two from the festive season, Can't guarantee drinks after that grin
@Salamander Sathob, would you be able to join us?

Will love to. Luckily for you, don't take hard liquor. A crate of Malt will do for me.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 9:00pm On Jan 05, 2009
@ Olofofo, good news for you as regarding ur quest on 4m dish. am on the standby to hear fm u soon next on my GSM.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 9:04pm On Jan 05, 2009
Captainus,
Just like olofofo mentioned,why dont you get yourself a bigger dish preferably 3m fibre or 2.4m pan as you are in southern Ghana.I had to sacrifice my 2.4m mesh for a 2.4m eurostar pan all because I want to enjoy the best of fta. 2.4m mesh is not the best for distant signals  such as Nilesat/Hotbird but it is fantastic for nearby signals especially when you have both C and KU bands on it.My mesh was installed exactly 3 years ago(Xmas/New year holiday 2005/6) but the mesh is still very strong.I am really crazy about TV3.I enjoyed watching Afuah Asiedu on the news this morning.They show 2 live Spanish la-liga matches,according to the website.

Ecowas4all,
pls mail me through toxnaija@gmail.com  for the gists.I think they are not the only one misbehaving.ArianeTV on w3a does that too-going off for days and coming back later.thanks.

olofofo,
thanks for the answer on echolink.I hope you have called Adewest.I was on the phone with him all through the early morning.Any breakthrough with the fibre dish search?I was about posting the above when Adewest's reply came in.

Adewest,
I hope there is good news for me too on our installation.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2009
Adewest,
I hope there is good news for me too on our installation.

@ Toxnaija, Good news and bad news. For some of the good news is that 2.4m dish will soon be available in the market and the bad news is that they may not be Eurostar pan but Strong 2.4m pan and they are as better as the Eurostar too.I just finish an installation of a motorize 2.4m strong pan recently brought to the market fm Dubai and the output of the signal was marvelous even 3% greater than the 2.4m original Eurostar i was hunting for.But the price for this 2.4m dish is going higher in the market now.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2009
Badaru no luck on that stuff,any luck?It connectS but later i guess it disconnect again.BUT THE INTERNET CONNECTION IS ON .i MEAN MY MULTILINKS
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 7:17am On Jan 06, 2009
@adewest/toxnaija

BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT, an old classic was on last night om MBC action, i was so caught up that i forgot to do anything else. i was totally los locos. anyway, i will give adewest a call later today. thx
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 8:58am On Jan 06, 2009
@Tox
Just Sent you a mail.

@Salamander
Chalee! Guys are bad you did the installation without notifying me. How many bottles would my presence have cost you? Even though i am not sure i would have ventured out with all the tension.
Anyway, which of the days do you prefer? 10th or 17? besides with your dish how many birds are you picking?
PS: Malt yes, but a crate? i wonder if you could down even 2 bottles!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 06, 2009
GUYs, kepp up doing the work, am really enjoying you.

@ ola,
check your account by evening, you go don see the GBEMU for there.

olofofo, take time ooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 10:03am On Jan 06, 2009
Adewest,
I am beginning not to like the scenario.I paid for the Eurostar 2.4m pan to get the very best for all of us on this thread.the success of the Abeokuta installation is not for me alone but for us all.A lot of people stayed back to watch the outcome of our installation but the moment we get fantastic results,you would be surprised at the deluge of request for installation from them.I dont mind being the guinea pig.that's human beings for you,always waiting for someone to take the risk.I am not getting you clearly on the price issue.I sincerely hope I would not be asked to pay more for a dish.I am not an expert in dishes,but if you insist the Strong dishes being brought in from Dubai are better than the Eurostar we were waiting for,please get it or any tested better dish.I am not happy at all.You also got my mind greatly troubled and confused with this piece of information.I get disturbed easily when things dont go smoothly after I have done all the right things.you said you are waiting for the Dubai consignment,but where did you get the dish you installed recently?I am sorry for the queries but I just dont want anything to go wrong.Dont misunderstand me,I want the very best for the installation.I hope to hear from you later today.I would have called you but I am very broke as I am just resuming back in Lagos today.

Ecowas4all/all Ghana members,
thanks.I will check it in a few minutes.Please can you tell the house more info about TVAfrica-is it private or govt-owned?does it have anything to do with the old TVAfrica transmitting from South Africa some years ago?Does anyone still pick GTV on satellite?I have not seen it for several days.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 10:28am On Jan 06, 2009
Ecowas,

To hell with Stv 1/2 moving here and there.I have blindscanned them out of their hiding on w3a.I hope they are the station with the GAB 01 call sign on 11104 H 3793.Let them leave or scramble if they want to.I dont think their line-up is fantastic so why should we pay to watch them when Showtime gives the very best on Nilesat,even better than all the pay-tv providers in Africa.A Showtime card annual subscription in England costs £500 yet we watch it for free on Echolink.I suggest we all go for bigger dishes to save us the stress of these rubbish small stations like Stv,RDV.Did you realise that RDV was re-transmitting Showsports signals for its premiership which you can pick directly on Nilesat+Echolink?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2009
@ All

I hope it is not too late to send my happy new wishes to you all.
My pastor has prophesied that 2009 will be a year of divine expansion and it is my prayer that so shall it be for every body on this forum, our 65cm dishes will expand to 90cm and 90 will become 1.8m and 2.4m will become 3m etc etc, we will track birds like never before in the Holy one's name.

@ Pas 7/10 users

I have noticed that my Etv channel with signal quality above 80% still freezes, am I the only one experiencing this?
Has anybody tried to compare signal quality before and after a disqec switch? I suspect that the switch reduces signal strength expect if it is my switch that is bad.

@ tox

I was also wondering where Gtv disappeared to. It is even no longer on lyngsat.
Do you still pick Tv Malawi?

@ Enitan

Bros where have you been? Even when you are online you do not respond to chat invite.
Hope you have made your new year resolutions. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 06, 2009
@ bodejohn, i hope u aint looking for another gombe with ur mention of tv malawi. i hope u remember that? well your boy is presently at a jungle close to BENIN right now. i go show face for your end by february ending, i just hope say your daughter go don dey smile. my new year resolution is to stay focus with your daughter,am done with all those bony fishes. am ready to install nile for you,all expenses will be taken care by me. am i wholeheartedly welcome?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2009
@ bodejohn, i hope u aint looking for another gombe with ur mention of tv malawi. i hope u remember that? well your boy is presently at a jungle close to BENIN right now. i go show face for your end by february ending, i just hope say your daughter go don dey smile. my new year resolution is to stay focus with your daughter,am done with all those bony fishes. am ready to install nile for you,all expenses will be taken care by me. am i wholeheartedly welcome?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2009
@ tox9ja,bodejohn

Gtv is now part of the west african bouquet on dstv.Dont worry u r not missing anything.

TVAfrica is private ,and does not ,as far as I know,have anything in common with the old tvafrica from south africa

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.