Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,618 members, 7,851,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:21 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203854 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by wahwah: 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2008
i have dstv card price is 10,000
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Josesbed: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2008
cheesy

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by denmzy47: 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2008
hello everyone,just join these thread and have being folliwing things closely from the first post,i quiet appreciate all u that have made contibution on these forum and those who a contributed immensely to the success of DIY installing of the dish down to the set up of recivers and the Sats look for,for FTA.

I HAVE A QUESTON FOR YOU ENITAN.

presently i am subscribed to HITV and also have a strong 4653x decoder for my dstv view which is supported by 1dish and 1 lnb. really have not being able to experiment on these free to air stations you guys all talk about.coming to the question;can i use these same dish as i dont really know the size of the dish since i was giving from hitv and as for my decoder i.e the strong decoder to get these free to air channels.
Also i have these canal satelite card for long but don't know what to do with it.i would really like you to give me a good grip on how to do the instalation my self as i like to try out things for my self first because thats where the fun is.

i will be grateful if u can reach me back urgently cause i am anxious in getting these started as i have read trhough the posts.
pls send to denmzy47@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2008
@ denmzy, you can use your present hitv dish/lnb and your strong decoder. But for you to enjoy FTA you've got to have at least 3 90cm dishes, and if u have a bigger space hook up to 1.8m motorise or better still 2.4m for nilesat. concerning the installation procedure, i think its better we sort it out on phone, why not give me a mid9te call to9te on my MTN number,its on my profile. You also said you have canalsat smartcard, can you help me with one i need it for educational and research purposes. Can u be of help regarding that? I await your call tonite. @ ojofree/maddox, how far with your w3a tracking, any luck on it?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2008
Nash FTA,

I am using a 1.8m dish and the sirus/w3a lnbs are attached as 'side' lnbs so my signal qualitty is hardly ever high enough. but thanks for the input.

All,

I think i finally appreciate why Pitodenz has been asking Badaru about the neck of his dish. I just entered Kaduna about a 3 hours ago and went over to see a friend, at that moment he was trying to set up nilesat on a 1,8m dish, but this had a different neck than the common one meant for groud installation (it seemed this one was originally intended to be motorized), the neck was locally constructed and in my own humble opinion, badly constructed, cos the silly thing kept wobbling everytime i tried to adjust the dish. needless to say it was an extremely difficult installation (and it didn't help matters that everyone there had their own opinion of how things should be done.)
i managed to get it to bring up most of the tp's but with very low signal quality, and left cos i was too tired of the journey.
so Badaru, please post a pix of the neck of your dish for reference purposes cos i will soon enter into the league of the motorized dishes.

All,

here's wishing you all a truly wonderful new year ahead, and may you have all you truly desire.
cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2008
graciousme:

@adewest

hey,i was wondering if i can get all the showtime channels on my 1.8m here in abuja.maybe by chance you have an idea.waiting for your reply thanksie!

@graciousme, u are wellcome on the FTA forum.With 1.8m u can enjoy all tps on Nilesat in abuja incl all the showtime packages.Just give a call for further information required.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2008
@adewest

still waiting on reply to my last question regarding the 3m locally made dish in KD.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by lincpon: 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2008
@enitan
I think you got me all wrong actually i need an old dstv card and not the other way round
@wahwah
If you are serious about having a DSTV card please contact me on 08063737778 or mail me your number at geniusonline4u@yahoo.com and i hope you know the procedure for ttransfer of card
@All
I wish you all a very successful new year come 2009 we will all have great things happening in our lives.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 10:34pm On Dec 31, 2008
olofofo:

@adewest

still waiting on reply to my last question regarding the 3m locally made dish in KD.

That it cost about 37k,it's tested by the maker before packaging it to whom is buying it,that i was told by the owner and i have not visited the loc in kad before.what other info r u asking for ?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 2:01am On Jan 01, 2009
@ all
AM I MKING THE FIRST POST OF 2009?
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:01am On Jan 01, 2009
Thank God I made it to the New Year,
If you do make it like me, let me see you write

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 6:32am On Jan 01, 2009
@microgiant

Thanks a zillion for the info! I will let you know how it goes

@all

Happy New Year!

@graciousme

Being the only lady on the forum, you need to be 'pampered'. Welcome back, and Happy New Year!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 7:17am On Jan 01, 2009
@all
Happy New Year guys. Welcome to year 2009, the year of grace. May we achieve the impossibles and track all birds in the sky. Amin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:30am On Jan 01, 2009
@adewest

in your opinion, what is the possibility of that 3m pan getting showsport in lagos?

how is it packaged?

what do you think will be the transportation cost for the package from KD to lagos?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2009
@ fofo
the 3.0 locally constructed pan will not be as good as 2.4m strong or eurostar dish,reason been,no matter how accurate they think they re,they always make mistakes on calculating the focal length but as adewest told u that they use to test before they supply,just remember that the signal in north is not the same with our signal strength.i ll advice u to stick with 2.4m eurostar dish cos oyibo na onyibo.i ll post u an example picture now.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 1:40pm On Jan 01, 2009
@Pito,
The efficiency of any dish being metal or fibre largely depends on the accuracy of the parabolic curve. That is why some dishes are more efficient that others. The only way you can know this is by testing. This is one reason why people prefer second hand dishes which has been tested to new.
The difference between the white man's metal dish and the locally fabricated one is this: The white man Will cast his dish on a pre-cast mold, while our is by mainly by welding and fabrication. Who say we nor dey try!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2009
@pito and butoneday

thanks for your response. botoneday how far with you now. i no hear from you since you took delivery of your 3020 IR. anyway. butoneday, what's your advice regarding the 3m dish. what am looking for is a sure shot way of getting showport in lagos without going for Fibre.

complements of the season to everyone.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2009
@Olofofo,
just spoke with Adewest about the possibility of having these larger metal dishes for steady nilesat signal reception. He thinks that one can get one in kaduna. He also mentions that it will be tested in your presence after fabrication. I will contact him tomorrow for more info.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2009
@butoneday

but you know it's one thing for it to work in KD and another for it to work in Lagos, i guess the signal strength will determine that, have you been able to update your 3020 ir?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2009
I guess the good signal levels I am getting has to do with the 0.2dB LNB - the lower the noise figure the better. There are alos no obstructions between the dish and the satellites. However, I also noticed that Go Africa and Ariane TV signals were weaker than the rest. With an ofset dish, tracking both the Sirius and W3A with one LNB is easy - If you already have a W3A dish installed, just adjust the elevation by 0.5cm, leaving the Azimuth unchanged. You will have to compromise on quality (at least 45-50% for both birds) and signal level (at least 60-70% for both). Note that the sensitivity of your receiver's tuner is important too! You may get some extra tips on how to connect multiple LNBs at (_http://www.dmsiusa.com/multiplelnbfs.htm_). See the pictures below:
NASh FTA,
Those diagrams you posted were just so exquisite! You really made my day. Thanks and happy new year to you!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2009
Here's wishing all esteemed members in the house a blessed Year in the Lord. May all your dreams come true this new year. Amen.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by folo28(m): 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2009
@All,
Happy New Year to all, wishing all success in the quest of FTA this year.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2009
thanks for your response. botoneday how far with you now. i no hear from you since you took delivery of your 3020 IR. anyway. butoneday, what's your advice regarding the 3m dish. what am looking for is a sure shot way of getting showport in lagos without going for Fibre.
@olofofo,
Why don't you just go for fibre? At that price (37K) which Adewest is calling I'm sure you can get a good quality one in Lagos that will give you all you want. Not all fibre makers are that bad. Or, do you have anything in particular against fibre?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by campusdaddy(m): 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2009
happy new year to u all smiley smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2009
Ghana FTA guys,
Looks like it's going to be yet another re-run grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:20pm On Jan 01, 2009
@toxnaija,
What'z up? I sent you a mail since last year and yet no reply. Na wao! Na so you dey do your own market? Ok, if you no fit write mail, just give me your number make I call you. Happy new year!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2009
@graciousme,
Where have you been all this while? Do you do your installs yourself, or you make use of an installer?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2009
wishing u all 12 months of free showtime channels, 52 weeks of free ART channels, 365 days of free DSTV channels, 8,760 hours of free HITV channels, 525,600 minutes of enjoymentation and igbadunmentation of free Daarsat channels and 31,536,000 seconds of success in tracking any birds including horbird, eurobird, and of course nigcomsat bird  grin grin.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2009
olofofo:

@butoneday

but you know it's one thing for it to work in KD and another for it to work in Lagos, i guess the signal strength will determine that, have you been able to update your 3020 ir?

I have not made any attempted to update my receiver. I will try updating the receiver by the middle of the month when I will be in town. For now it is only showtime.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2009
@george_d

the problem i have right now with fibre is the price, two people i have talked to about 4m fibre are calling close to a 100k for me. that's a lot of dooshi to spend on a dish in january.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2009
@all,
What's this noise with DAARSAT? It's so much huff and puff-the so called fever is nowhere to be found. Abi, does anyone know their frequency? Which bird are they on anyway?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2009
@olofofo,
Na wao! 100k is very expensive o! I can now see why you are going for pan grin . You can talk to BUTONESDAY in Warri. He may be able to help out-although transportation might be a problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.