Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203831 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2009
@ all
i added a year to my life today and i want u all to follow me to thank God for keping me alive.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 11:33pm On Jan 08, 2009
pitodenz,
Congratulations.please send the e-cake now.any news from Port-Harcourt?

enigma,
thanks for coming to my rescue.I have drummed it into the ears of all of us over five times that these providers do not really have our time.stop giving them undue recognition.why do they leave their transmission open when they knew we could pick it free.Share whatever info you have openly.Is TV3 Ghana not better than RDV and STV,yet they are fta even with Spanish la-liga twice a week?please,enough of this hush,hush on this thread.if any provider encrypts,he had always wanted to do that.it is not because of what we write.DSTV would have encypted TCM if they follow our posts.

Butoneday,
howdy?how far with the 6m installation.hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 6:28am On Jan 09, 2009
@Tox,
My six meter fibre dish is ready for function testing. Test to be carried out next week Friday. I will inform all of the outcome. My target is Eurobird 1 and Astra.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 8:48am On Jan 09, 2009
@ All

For those with echolink plus abra card,if you have problem of Art not working,just load the recent software i.e 23/12/2008,leave the decoder on on any art channels for sometime,usually 10 minutes to 2 hours,it will come up. Dont waste your time loading one software or the other.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:52am On Jan 09, 2009
@pito

belated wishes on your b-day, you and my kid sister. hope you had a swell time.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:57am On Jan 09, 2009
@Enigma,
You said it all. The FTA hobby is a fast-paced one. We must be ready to adapt to changes as they come. I guess that's the price we pay for choosing to opt out of the cluches of pay-tv providers. As the african proverb says: 'when the sparrow learns to fly without perching, the hunter learns to shoot without aiming'.

@all,
As we speak, on intelsat 7/10 alone there has been a high turnover of channels in the past 2 months. Same goes for w3a, Nss7 and all other birds. Do we fall down and weep when one station decides to pull out from a particular bird? do we stop sharing info because of that? Of course not. As a matter of fact, that should spur us to spread more information around, to track their trajectory, to nail them down where ever they move to. That is the fun of FTA and that is what we are here for.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:00am On Jan 09, 2009
@Pitodenz,
Happy birthday to you o! I wish you many more years of bird tracking with mighty dishes. May you migrate to the astra 2D zone too with 8.0M dishes! grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:02am On Jan 09, 2009
badaru1:

@ All

For those with echolink plus abra card,if you have problem of Art not working,just load the recent software i.e 23/12/2008,leave the decoder on on any art channels for sometime,usually 10 minutes to 2 hours,it will come up. don't waste your time loading one software or the other.

@badaru,
I'm still awaiting your response on card sharing recievers. Abi wetin dey happen?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 9:03am On Jan 09, 2009
@All
Ok Guys I Just Got My Jack and Positionner.
I also have a Mesh 2.4 Dish Pointed at 68.5 Deg.

Target: Motorise Dish

Question: What Is My First Step?

Suggestion: Lets Do This Together folks , at least the theory.

Objective: I am hoping responses to this can be a clear step by step guide to motorising in West Africa
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 09, 2009
@ olofofo, kid sister? fill me in. @ pito, happy birthday, brother. @ all, keep the good work going. @ mide, when is asup going on strike? i need to make more money.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2009
@ecowas4all

have you connected the jack. before doing that you need to secure a satellite in the east which you have done and another in the west, i suggest nss7, once that is done. connect your jack and test for both, the rest will fall in line.

@enitan.

yes kid sister. officially 24 yesterday, she's a nurse and works with one these new HMO. you get money?

@all

i had a pleasant visit from the field marshall himself. F_Marshall  on holiday in Naija from the US and true to his words, he dropped by at my humble abode. he asked of everyone that i know, Badaru, Enitan, OLA, TOX etc and filled him in. he's  such nice gentleman, a true satenthusiast. many thanks for the visit sir.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by osef(m): 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2009
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
@pito
happy birthday wishing you the very best of life.
@all
I sincerely wish to express my deep heart felt gratitude to the whole house for information so far i ve been able to use wish are gotten from this forum.
special thanks to these great minds,PITODENZ,GANGSTA,ADEWEST,OLOFOFO,ENITAN,TOXNAIJA BADARU OBNELLY AND THE REST. I WISH I CAN GATHER YOU ALL TO CELEBRATE MY SUCESS FROM LEARNING FROM YOU YOU ALL ARE GREAT IN MY MIND FOREVER
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by osef(m): 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2009
I used my xmas break to install my 1.8m though the neck seems to be giving a little problem, i also set up my w4 on hitv as i cant afford to loose my subscription already on it.I also installed my w3, all due to info from this forum I m very greatful to you guys you are so so so special to me, many thanks to jujukemist in that he helped me in buying the dish from kd, I wish he had waited this long before posting that his rubbish about me I would have worship him as a semi god of my village ,God is my witness I appreciate you guys alot. God bless, if for nothing ,atleast for enabling me to watch my bible study from the comfort of my soffer.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2009
@Fofo
Thanks A Lot Man Will Try Out All options
Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2009
badaru1:

@ All

For those with echolink plus abra card,if you have problem of Art not working,just load the recent software i.e 23/12/2008,leave the decoder on on any art channels for sometime,usually 10 minutes to 2 hours,it will come up. don't waste your time loading one software or the other.

@ Badaru1,Note that software for abracadabra echolink dtd 23-12-2008 is NO[/b]T the current software, [b]ABRACADABRA update Enhanced autoroll time dtd 07-01-2009 is been added just for ur info only.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2009
@adewest

i was wondering if you could help me get an echolink cable on your way to LAG. let me know what it will cost me. none of the ones i have seem not to be working.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2009
@ Olofofo, just give me a call later.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2009
@ Twinstaiye, Sir,are u in town at all.I have tried your line it rang and rang but no respond, is the abra card still avail?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2009
F-Marshal,
Thanks for the great visit to the studio this afternoon.You really surprised me.Waoh!we took pictures.This is exactly what I have been telling members who rubbish others.We are all respected people in the society.You and Butoneday really made my week.I wish you journey mercies back to Boston tomorrow.he spoke to Adewest on the phone too.Did you watch the news as promised?

Adewest,
I will call you tomorrow evening.any new provider on the new echolink software?

all,
check tv3 Ghana on Saturday and Sunday for Spanish la-liga matches,
Friday tv3 Spanish la-liga highlights at 1pm GMT.
Saturday tv3 Spanish la-liga live 9pm GMT
Sunday tv3 Spanish la-liga live time yet to be confirmed
Sunday 2M Nationale Chelsea v. Man Utd at 4pm Gmt.
have a great weekend.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 6:30am On Jan 10, 2009
@ecowas4all

Sorry I missed your call. Sathob told me you called him. I have schedule my programme for today, but the least chance I have I will try and make it to your end.

Hope everything goes well.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2009
@ all
The rain in Ibadan yesterday did some damage to my 2.4m dish.
It is really a challenge for me to secure the dish since it is not possible to bury the pole.
Tox do you have any ideas?

I have noticed that MBC channels have disappeared, can i get a comfirmation from the house?

@ Pito
Congrats on your birthday.

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2009
@bodejohn,
Look for a big container like a drum and cast your pole on it with mortar rich in cement. Thereafter you install your dish on the pole. No shaking.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2009
@BodeJohn
Yes I Do Confirm MBC1 and MBC2 Off for about 48 Hours now.

@Salamander
Thanks for the effort. As Sathob told you on phone. The show was no joke. Terrible witches and Wizards wouldn't let us complete. At one point in time the receiver simply refused to come on. Strong 53 X series just went dead, no power no nothing. We tried tracking with a Eurostar receiver and it was laughable. If there was ever a nastier receiver it would be the Eurostar.
I also got in touch with Mohammed Maybe we could reschedule as soon as i can afford another strong receiver
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 8:40am On Jan 11, 2009
Ecowas4All:

@BodeJohn
Yes I Do Confirm MBC1 and MBC2 Off for about 48 Hours now.

@Salamander
Thanks for the effort. As Sathob told you on phone. The show was no joke. Terrible witches and Wizards wouldn't let us complete. At one point in time the receiver simply refused to come on. Strong 53 X series just went dead, no power no nothing. We tried tracking with a Eurostar receiver and it was laughable. If there was ever a nastier receiver it would be the Eurostar.
I also got in touch with Mohammed Maybe we could reschedule as soon as i can afford another strong receiver

Sorry, I could not make it to your end. Mohammed was with me by then helping me add the Fuji LNB to my set. Yes, reschedule another day and we will all be there to assist.

Anyway, I believe it was a good experience. At least, the spirit of DIY; that is all the sathobbism is all about!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 9:10am On Jan 11, 2009
@Salamander
Respect.
Peace
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2009
strange, the forum is dead 2day
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2009
@ tox/fofo
guys wetin dey happen?abi adewest don show face?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:52pm On Jan 11, 2009
@All,
The forum is not "dead". It is just that the "free" is not working. Therefore, no browsing, no posting.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 10:56pm On Jan 11, 2009
bodejohn i noticed mbc on w3a too.i guess they switch off their transponder because all other channels go green on w3a except mbc.God go help us .sorry for what happened to ur dish it occured when u dont want to spend money because nothing stop you from using cement on that pole.it happens to me few months back.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by gofitech(m): 7:16am On Jan 12, 2009
@bodejohn

MBC1 and 2 are not off the air. the signal only dropped to about 52%. although i am using 1.3m off set dish. i guess 90cm could not handle the drop in signal.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:17am On Jan 12, 2009
God bless, if for nothing ,atleast for enabling me to watch my bible study from the comfort of my soffer.
@osef,
You mean the DCLM live broadcasts on w3a (auto18herz)? Looks like we're together on this wink
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:40am On Jan 12, 2009
@all,
I finally got round to installing my Sirius 4 dish over the weekend. I have been putting it off for sometime now moreso since the main attraction on that bird (RDV) started playing hide and seek. Anyway, I felt since I have already bought the 90cm I might as well put it up-if not for anything just to horn my tracking skills for the new year. I tried using 4652 to track and it was a waste of time. Next day, out I came with 4663X, my magnetic compass and sat finder and bam! under 5 minutes, I had my green! My lesson: with the right tools under your kitty (whether it is 90cm or 9.0m dish), you will work like a magician without stress grin
@enitan,
Bros, I can confirm now that you're right about the sat finder. That stuff messed me up big time. Looks like it is just too sensitive. The minute I connected it to the reciever, it was just screaming as if it had located a bird even without aiming the dish grin na wao! I had to do away with it and use the signal meter on the 4663X.  One thing I discovered, the 4663X is very sharp and good for tracking. Unlike the 4652, there is no time lag before the signal bars respond when you hit a bird-it is instant, so you don't really need a satellite finder to work with that reciever. Respects to you smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.