Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry (10158 Views)

Nigeria’s Film Industry Reflects The Messy Process Of Nation Building / The Revolution In Nigeria Film (del York International) (new York Film Academy / Is Eric Nwadinobi The Best In The Nigeria Film World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by LaurelP(m): 8:04am On Jul 22, 2014

2 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Omimah: 8:10am On Jul 22, 2014
At the end of the day their brothers in Alaba pirate the movies. Penny wise pound f00lish.

3 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by LaurelP(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2014
lynx200: I didn't want to respond to some of the immature posts going by the background check I did on most of the posters but I have been forced to comment. I put up a topic that could help bring attention to an illegality happening in a part of the country and all most of you can do is engage in ethnic bashing? No wonder nothing gets solved in this country. What a shame! Did any of you even read the article? There are issues in the film industry nationwide and I decided to bring out one and yet you all abandon the issue and chase fluff. In a time when most of the world is engaging in collaborations across different divides you are all being ethnic jingoists. I fear for the future of this country. cry

No one can take away the fact that the Nollywood phenomenon originated in the East but when such brigandry happen it stifles the whole movie industry in the East. Ever wondered why there are no good cinema films coming from the East? This is one reason. There are even many indigenes who want nothing to do with the industry and head to Lagos. If this continues there might not be any film industry in Eastern Nigeria any more. Those who I directed the issue at understand the issues at stake so I stand by my topic. Until we start facing the real issues in this country and taking responsibility instead of chasing shadows and blaming government officials (who are just a reflection of us as a people) and ethnicity this country is going nowhere.

U caused it
Ur title suggests dat ur bashing d easterners

4 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by excelabbey(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2014
biafransoul: But they learnt it from the South West abi na west where even food sellers or barbers are not allowed to operate unless they are members of their stupid association. Go to the parks, they have their agbero and Chairman. You want to start anything, you must join their association. Abi na lie?

6 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by kingthreat(m): 8:32am On Jul 22, 2014
The Easterners see the movie industry as an avenue for money alone not development. That is why Nollywood will never develop. The same way it was 2001 is the same way it is now. No wonder, no intelligent mind i have come across watches Nigerian movies except those directed by Teco Benson, Obi Emelonye, Tunde kelani, Kunle Afolayan.

8 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Safari29: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2014
op shouldn't have put wild wild East. now the thread is Bleep.ed.
I don't know if this is only me, I feel the mentality of East is quite different from the rest of nigeria. They claim Hausa don't accommodate where as they are the one that don't accomodate. always yearning for breakups. its annoying

3 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by dubienatti(m): 8:51am On Jul 22, 2014
kingthreat: The Easterners see the movie industry as an avenue for money alone not development. That is why Nollywood will never develop. The same way it was 2001 is the same way it is now. No wonder, no intelligent mind i have come across watches Nigerian movies except those directed by Teco Benson, Obi Emelonye, Tunde Felani, Kunle Afolayan.
bros dat y dis guyz d struggle 4 movie Naija..so called intelligent mind no d buy film dey rent or borrow 4rm friendz..make moviez 4 tautz,old people, drop outs n women..u ar gud to go..its all about d money..hollywood bollywood,Eurowood..money is d target..

1 Like

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2014
biafransoul: But they learnt it from the South West abi na west where even food sellers or barbers are not allowed to operate unless they are members of their stupid association. Go to the parks, they have their agbero and Chairman. You want to start anything, you must join their association. Abi na lie?

it is obvious that d content of ur head is coconut. Dont u understand d OP's simple question?

7 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by dayowunmi(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2014
Is it your lack of manners or education that is responsible for ur inability to spell southwest correctly?

8 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by odinma1: 8:58am On Jul 22, 2014
This is very common in my state especially in my town Awka. @ Op stop bothering yourself, we are wired to be violent and disorganised cheats. Lets get used to it.

Anambra Adigo Mma cool cool

2 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by amnestylaw1(m): 8:59am On Jul 22, 2014

3 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Mimisboygreat: 8:59am On Jul 22, 2014
VillageBoi:
No he hasn't. He's asking the valid question "Why is this happening in the East?" It's so easy for anyone to contribute without the 'ethnic bashing'. Personally I'm surprised to hear how ridiculous they are making things in the East... and yes I am Igbo.
my brother I wonder o! This is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by hayoakins(m): 9:01am On Jul 22, 2014

I would have loved to deliver you from your brief madness but i would rather leave you to enjoy the phase.

2 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by soludo93(m): 9:25am On Jul 22, 2014
Paroman: Dem use South west swear for una? I can swear that the senseless buffoon I'm quoting was birthed in South west, he currently lives in SW, his dad met his mum is a Yoruba land, virtually all his miserable life revolves around SW, yet he comes online to bash the same people and region that made him what he is today. E-diots!

Is that a paradoxical reprove or a subtle conceit that south west makes people who lead a miserable life?
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by IYANGBALI: 9:26am On Jul 22, 2014
Smartlux: i dey come,,, make i brush... cheesy
wetin you dey brush?you still get teeth for mouth?
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 22, 2014
lynx200: I was at a film makers conference in Awka, Anambra state on Saturday and what I heard there about film making shocked me. For starters the various guilds of film practitioners in Eastern Nigeria usually disrupt film shoots if they find out that any of the artistes, directors, producers or crew men are not members of their local chapter of the guilds. They go to the extent of being violent and involving the police. At times the guild top men dictate what artistes should be on a directors set. Nothing of such happens in the other parts of the country and the funny thing is that the guilds are not legally sanctioned to do this so it can be legally termed harassment. Read the full article here http://www.jovibabs.com/the-wild-wild-east/

Please note that this is an opportunity for frank discussion and not tribal bashing so I will not tolerate any ethnic jingoism here.

Welcome to Hollywood. How do you think the Hollywood scene is run?

1 Like

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by IYANGBALI: 9:29am On Jul 22, 2014
500GP: NO WONDER, IBO DOESN'T HAVE INDIGENOUS MOVIES. MONEY CONSCIOUS TRIBE.

#YORUBA WILL ALWAYS LEAD YOU IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS.

YORUBA FILM INDUSTRY IS WAXING DAY BY DAY. NO WONDER DSTV, STARTIMES, MYTV, HITV DEDICATED CHANNELS FOR THEIR MOVIES.

IN ENGLISH INDUSTRY, YORUBA ARTISTES ARE DOING BETTER.

#IT'S NOT A SURPRISE TO ME THAT CHANNELS WERE NOT DEDICATED FOR THEIR MOVIES ON SATELITE DISH.

DID IGBO EVEN HAVE INDIGENOUS MOVIES?
woooooord. Idodo oro

2 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Atk1nson(m): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2014
Empty vessel, unfortunately many of ur brothers and sisters will rather live in the Southwest, than the golden streets of the east.
If tribalism does nt kill u, u may well exceed Methuselah's age

1 Like

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by IYANGBALI: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2014
hayoakins:

I would have loved to deliver you from your brief madness but i would rather elongate it for you.

Eyin omo osi rada rada yi, a puto soro (im be cile)
ewo tu ni a puto soro?hahahahahahahahaha you don finish dem walahi

2 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by IYANGBALI: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2014
kingthreat: The Easterners see the movie industry as an avenue for money alone not development. That is why Nollywood will never develop. The same way it was 2001 is the same way it is now. No wonder, no intelligent mind i have come across watches Nigerian movies except those directed by Teco Benson, Obi Emelonye, Tunde Felani, Kunle Afolayan.
that name is Tunde KELANI and not felani

1 Like

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by VillageBoi(m): 9:41am On Jul 22, 2014
Noneroone: Read the original title of the thread again.
I did read it and it states, "The brigandry In the Eastern Nigeria Film Industry"... sadly you must have read the title as - "The Brigandry of The Ibo People In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry." And you ARE so wrong.
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 22, 2014
Your topic says the "Wild Wild East" and later you say no bashing ?

Are you on drugs ?

What's so important about this news as if a crime such as ritual killing occurred ?...

4 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by IYANGBALI: 9:49am On Jul 22, 2014
Emilord: bro,if u want to put up a topic abt an illegality that happens in this country and needs attention,why don't u start by telling us y ACN governor Fashola deemed it fit few months back to deport some pple bak to their homeland.
What do u call that?
eyaaaaaa so that Fashola,s action still dey pain you?go and die

1 Like

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by VillageBoi(m): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2014
Oh so 'The wild, wild East' in the title is what is making people jump to conclusions about the OP? Sorry to say but you're all being very silly and immature if you find that to be an issue. You are the very same people that will flock to the cinema or download like mad any Yankee film with 'The Wild West' or 'The Wild anything' in the title, yet you fail to declare fatwa on California and other western US states.

It's just a term. Articles use 'catchy' words all the time, all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by VillageBoi(m): 9:56am On Jul 22, 2014
lynx200: What a shame! Did any of you even read the article? There are issues in the film industry nationwide and I decided to bring out one and yet you all abandon the issue and chase fluff.
I bet you're totally right... many people didn't read the article as is obvious from their comments. Or has this topic hit front page which, more often than not, brings the 'price of garri' lunatics crawling out of the woodworks? lol
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 22, 2014
odinma1: This is very common in my state especially in my town Awka. @ Op stop bothering yourself, we are wired to be violent and disorganised cheats. Lets get used to it.

Anambra Adigo Mma cool cool
hey, my brother, I just want you to know that your children will always be igbos, the will come and develop igboland, the only way you can enjoy your children is if you reside in southeast during your old age, if not, your children will neglect you like rags, the only way you can make it in life is if you continue to be igbo. grin grin grin grin ke kwanu nwanne.
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by kingthreat(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2014
IYANGBALI: that name is Tunde KELANI and not felani

At least you know who I was talking about and I made my point.
Thanks for the correction though. Too much Man United for me lately
Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by NoContract(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2014
I don't comment on tribalistic threads. I'm too matured to tolerate such horseshit!

See kids, calling themselves adults.

VillageBoi, nice one you exited yourself from the madness of an average Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: The Wild Wild East- The Brigandry In The Eastern Nigeria Film Industry by kingingkinging: 10:42am On Jul 22, 2014
lynx200: I didn't want to respond to some of the immature posts going by the background check I did on most of the posters but I have been forced to comment. I put up a topic that could help bring attention to an illegality happening in a part of the country and all most of you can do is engage in ethnic bashing? No wonder nothing gets solved in this country. What a shame! Did any of you even read the article? There are issues in the film industry nationwide and I decided to bring out one and yet you all abandon the issue and chase fluff. In a time when most of the world is engaging in collaborations across different divides you are all being ethnic jingoists. I fear for the future of this country. cry

No one can take away the fact that the Nollywood phenomenon originated in the East but when such brigandry happen it stifles the whole movie industry in the East. Ever wondered why there are no good cinema films coming from the East? This is one reason. There are even many indigenes who want nothing to do with the industry and head to Lagos. If this continues there might not be any film industry in Eastern Nigeria any more. Those who I directed the issue at understand the issues at stake (thank you for your enlightened comments,you know yourselves) so I stand by my topic. Until we start facing the real issues in this country and taking responsibility instead of chasing shadows and blaming government officials (who are just a reflection of us as a people) and ethnicity this country is going nowhere.

With reference to the highlighted, do you mean home video or the name Nollywood or Film-making?

it is probably the word Nollywood that I know could have emanated from the Eastern part of Nigeria because film-making started with the likes of Hubert Ogunde in the Sixties, Ishola Ogunshola, Awada kerikeri, Baba Sala,etc

I could remember watching home videos in Yoruba films even before the 1992 first Igbo movie Living in Bondage by Nnebue.

read the interview below for more knowledge and information

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/10668/26/nnebue-produced-27-yoruba-films-before-living-in-b.html

Please do not give people wrong information.

Too much lies from our Igbo brothers and sisters.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Designated Survivor TV show Fan Page / 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack / Tstv Is Working Very Well With Strong Decoder.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.