Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals (55625 Views)

Gucci Scarf & Sunglasses BankyW Wore To Ebuka's Wedding (pics) / Charly Boy Celebrates Caitlyn Jenner With Photo Of His Alter Ego, Linda / Don Jazzy, Dbanj Are G-A-Y And Reps Illuminati - With Photo And Video Evidence! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Mitsurugi(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2014
What should be making the news is... Tonto shares a man with her maid! grin

2 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 22, 2014
Orishirishi.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by myspnigeria: 11:54am On Jul 22, 2014
Nothing wrong in what she said.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 22, 2014
Nigerians won't stop hating. They just can't.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 22, 2014
Those guys are jobless.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by peren: 11:56am On Jul 22, 2014
i think tonto has got exactly what she was looking for attention. who care if ur maid wear gucci slippers, am concerned about the morals ur teaching her wearing that short dress to go an write an exam.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by IYANGBALI: 11:56am On Jul 22, 2014
Toto dick_e have does it again{controversy}
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2014
She went to write post-ume? abeg #bringbackourmaid
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by IYANGBALI: 11:58am On Jul 22, 2014
myspnigeria: Nothing wrong in what she said.
a lot is wrong with it.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 22, 2014
bizngr: Though she might be trying to pass the impression of "How To Treat A Maid" to the millions of Nigerians out there maltreating theirs but I think her constant use of the term "maid" in reference to the said girl is a bit uncool to me considering the local emotions that word evokes amongst Nigerians (blacks). She should remember that the girl will one day grow into a lady and consequently, a wife/mother/grandmother. Displaying her picture with that "maid" tag might not be a good idea in the long-run. It can even lead to some sort of social stigma.

In the western world, it would have mattered less but over here our understanding of that word is different and often misrepresented.
Abeeegi, isn't she paid for the services she is rendering. Hypocrites everywhere in this country is making this country stink! angry. Names like: My driver, my chef, my gardener, my nanny isn't considered offensive but my maid is an offensive word. Hypocrites!

5 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Cecediva(f): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2014
Yeesh: Maid or no maid..poko s jst an attention seeker.must she let d whole world knw dt she's taking gud care of d babe or evn sponsoring her edu..next thing we'd hear is "onyiye @ d beach with my bikini". Tcheeew!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by IYANGBALI: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2014
Amusaopeyemi: Orishirishi.
obe gbegiri

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by kcowen(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
I Just Want To Ask This Simple Question Then Later I Might Come Back To Comment Why Is Anything That Has To Do With TONTO + DI(C)KEEEH Hit Front Page Just Like That When We Have A Million And 1 Topics That Needs Urgent Attention
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by fortsierafino(m): 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
Before attacking or beefing her, you guys should know the different between maid and maidservant,

[size=8pt]Maid= A girl or an unmarried young woman
Maidservant= a female servant or cleaner

I can see clearly that she used the word daughter/maid showing she meant good not the other maid servant

why all the beef?

checkout her skin, beauty and dressing. does she look like a maidservant?

Ndi mmadu self

7 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by hayoakins(m): 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
Emmafrancis: Make I book space. Tonto story dey hit FP most times

grin grin grin
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Bryancrox(m): 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dbestmax:
Lol... Beywetin....no b only Beyonce...BeFire...
Nor underrate me o,Beyonce wen dey die for me 4 instagram,me told her am not into married women...

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by femi4: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
dechandel:
Ok na
Make i yarn my own
I love d gown..
D sandals too
Wao! Preety you
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Tval(m): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
Who moved this to the front page?
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Cecediva(f): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
AdmiralPato:

Mumu grin
Not only him, two of u are mumu. Infact ur own pass sef angry
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by IYANGBALI: 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
Paroman: Abeeegi, isn't she paid for the services she is rendering. Hypocrites everywhere in this country is making this country stink! angry. Names like: My driver, my chef, my gardener, my nanny isn't considered offensive but my maid is an offensive word. Hypocrites!
must she tell the whole world about her maid?cloth and fake gucci sandals?you and toto should grow up pls
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by hayoakins(m): 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
obiscolly: Please what's wrong in being a maid? Are there not people called nannies, baby sitters, drivers? Naija and una wahala sef. That's just a designation of her relationship with the girl. I see no reason why you guys should read any meaning into it. It's just the idea we have and the way people treat maids in Nigeria that's causing this negative response.

There is a better way of qualifying people. Candidly, "Maid" is offensive; especially in this eWORLD, where anything goes viral within a millisecond. It may hunt the girl when she eventually gets into school. Must we know she had to be a maid to survive? It is needless. Cook is even a better adjective grin QED

2 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by gurunlocker: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
I love Nigerians,dem no send even if u be president
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
IYANGBALI: obe gbegiri
Seriously o.
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Hangard: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Toto Decay

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by IYANGBALI: 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
gurunlocker: I love Nigerians,dem no send even if u be president
especially GEJ and aunty P
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bryancrox: I hate commenting on anytin dat involve Tonto nd Dicke...continue chating wit Beyonce

And so
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by MrBenghazi(m): 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nigeria HATE industry . One of the fastest growing industry.....
Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by bigx(m): 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
Unemployment + Free Browsing de cause wahala

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by pickabeau1: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
I agree with you

She has already done well previously showing she has a generous heart

Anything more than that is just famewhoring.. so does she collect the gucci sandals

bizngr: Though she might be trying to pass the impression of "How To Treat A Maid" to the millions of Nigerians out there maltreating theirs but I think her constant use of the term "maid" in reference to the said girl is a bit uncool to me considering the local emotions that word evokes amongst Nigerians (blacks). She should remember that the girl will one day grow into a lady and consequently, a wife/mother/grandmother. Displaying her picture with that "maid" tag might not be a good idea in the long-run. It can even lead to some sort of social stigma.

In the western world, it would have mattered less but over here our understanding of that word is different and often misrepresented.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
IYANGBALI: must she tell the whole world about her maid?cloth and fake gucci sandals?you and toto should grow up pls
Oh your own grouse with her isn't because she called her househelp 'maid' but because she is an attention seeker?

The answer is simple - everyone can't be like you neither can your lifestyle or the way you think to judge how other people should behave. Tonto likes to showcase her maid to the world, na her wahala be that. Wetin concern una?

3 Likes

Re: Tonto Dikeh Sparks Outrage with Photo Of Her "Maid' Wearing Her Gucci Sandals by AdmiralPato(m): 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
Cecediva: Not only him, two of u are mumu. Infact ur own pass sef angry

For quoting him? grin

I Know Say I Be Mumu.

Thank You

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have Adekunle Gold & Olamide Parted Ways? (see Details) / Ehi Idibia 13th Birthday: 2face Surprises His First Daughter In The U.S / Caption These Photos Of Davido At NYSC Orientation Camp In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.