Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

The Pain Of Loosing A Love One - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Pain Of Loosing A Love One (4779 Views)

What Hurts More, Loosing A Friend Or Loosing A Bae / Seven Rules That Will Save You The Pain Of Heart Breaks (for Guys Only) / Am I Loosing A Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
Can one equate the pain of loosing a father to the pain of loosing e.g a husband,fiance,boyfriend,patner etc.I am currenttly having this challenge and matured advise will be appreciated

Lost my dad 4yrs ago,it was painful but after the burial and all,I was able to move on.I lost a very close friend 2months ago and its been very difficult moving on.

My siblings keep asking how long,I'll continue holding on and not letting go and also equating the pain of d two death....hence this topic.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by Andyblaze: 9:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
ggrin: Andyblaze pls don't lemmecrycrycry
Gooci is nat ur rivalsadsadsad

why derail

#BITG angry angry
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by dytbabe: 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
I rem when I was in pry sch, I lost this very close frnd, I cldnt go sch for weeks, then I was a kid, imagine as an adult, I feel ur pain, its hard especially when u so close and share things.
Dunno how to console or advice how u get over the dead, pls take hrt, the lord is ur strength

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by ggrin(f): 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
Andyblaze:

why derail

#BITG angry angry
undecided
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 10:34am On Jul 24, 2014
dytbabe: I rem when I was in pry sch, I lost this very close frnd, I cldnt go sch for weeks, then I was a kid, imagine as an adult, I feel ur pain, its hard especially when u so close and share things.
Dunno how to console or advice how u get over the dead, pls take hrt, the lord is ur strength

Thank you
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
I guess I didn't get response on this thread cos I'm new or is there somthing I'm not doing right?
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by OchukoisBlack(m): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
One doesn't understand the gravity of the word death till they lose someone close.
Lost my dad late May and I still don't get wat life is. Just this morning,I was having memories of him,d question that kept occurring was why he had to go at such an unripe age. But,that's life,we have to move on. Consolation is, our loved ones who's left us are in a beta place.
Be strong.
I'm trying to be.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by maysimsimple(m): 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
AriDsexy: Can one equate the pain of loosing a father to the pain of loosing e.g a husband,fiance,boyfriend,patner etc.I am currenttly having this challenge and matured advise will be appreciated

Lost my dad 4yrs ago,it was painful but after the burial and all,I was able to move on.I lost a very close friend 2months ago and its been very difficult moving on.

My siblings keep asking how long,I'll continue holding on and not letting go and also equating the pain of d two death....hence this topic.

SOrry for ur loses. May God console you
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 12:29am On Aug 02, 2014
Thanks Maysimsimple...people viewing and not commenting,hmmm.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by arsetalks(m): 12:34am On Aug 02, 2014
AriDsexy: Can one equate the pain of loosing a father to the pain of loosing e.g a husband,fiance,boyfriend,patner etc.I am currenttly having this challenge and matured advise will be appreciated

I can understand you. I lost my fiancee 3 months ago just 2 days before I engage her and I know exactly how it feels. It is the most difficult thing ever.

I don't wish it upon my enemy. It seems the pains will never go again.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by DollyParton1(f): 7:09am On Aug 02, 2014

Well it's not a matter of equating the impact of one loss to the other. The feelings you have for them or how much you love them differently will determine the gravity of the loss felt. Even people tend to mourn either of their parents differently. Probably you feel guilty that you could have done things or treated the deceased differently, but the thing is that, their is nothing you can do now than to face the future and move on. What ever the case is, you just have to be strong. Like they always say, time heals the wound. So take your own time to heal cos their is no set standard for that. People will always tell you to move on and you have to. But only you knows how you feel, so move on at your own pace. Just make sure you don't pack up and live their.

Am so sorry for your loss.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by tokaiki: 11:20am On Aug 02, 2014
Your dad and fiance are two different people. As for equating, women tends to lean towards their soul mate. It does not dispute the fact that you love your dad. It is just natural. Time is the ultimate healer. You will get over it.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 11:31am On Aug 02, 2014
Thanks so much...I really appreciate ur contributions,it means a lot to me.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 11:34am On Aug 02, 2014
OchukoisBlack: One doesn't understand the gravity of the word death till they lose someone close.
Lost my dad late May and I still don't get wat life is. Just this morning,I was having memories of him,d question that kept occurring was why he had to go at such an unripe age. But,that's life,we have to move on. Consolation is, our loved ones who's left us are in a beta place.
Be strong.
I'm trying to be.
Thank u so much
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by temiK9: 12:10am On Aug 30, 2014
It's quite unimaginable to say the least, getting over a loved one. In as much this isn't only a loved one but someone you've built a bond, shared dreams and goals with. It's more like a part of you leaves but how about the dreams, goals and bond which created a big void yet unfilled? As time goes on, the more we hold to these virtues, the more they become part of us and the more we miss the confidant who shared them with us.................#RIP-bro#
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by victor08(m): 5:30am On Sep 11, 2014
Sorry dear!

The Good Lord is your strength. That is why we have to live each day as a blessing.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by ugwum007(m): 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2014

I hope u re no longer in pains? cos I wil comfort u
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 9:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
ugwum007:

I hope u re no longer in pains? cos I wil comfort u
Thank u so much.Its one day at a time u know.Time is the greatest healer.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 9:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
victor08: Sorry dear!

The Good Lord is your strength. That is why we have to live each day as a blessing.
Amen.thank u.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by ugwum007(m): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
AriDsexy:
Thank u so much.Its one day at a time u know.Time is the greatest healer.

Things that touch d soul. ..moving me since 1914
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
ugwum007:

Things that touch d soul. ..moving me since 1914
What has been moving you since 1914,don't get u?
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by luvlyqueen(f): 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
loosing a loved one can be terribly painful but no amount of pain and tears can bring dem back u've got to move on and think less abt them thou it might be difficult but u have to let go
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by haloluv: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2014
It Is a pain dat years can not erase , In my case after 5 years,the pain Is still as fresh as yesterday.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by marieolae(f): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
I understand how you feel. Loosing a loved on is like loosing a vital part of you. Its all about being strong. I know its going to hurt. Cry if u have to. Scream if need to. Let it all out. But be strong. If you feel lonely, pick up your bible and read any passage in psalm. You will feel better. God is with you.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by cooljoe(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
OchukoisBlack: One doesn't understand the gravity of the word death till they lose someone close.
Be strong.
I'm trying to be.
marie, y won't u jst read nd let t b. All dis shares of really boring topics nd posts is beyond boring
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
cooljoe: marie, y won't u jst read nd let t b. All dis shares of really boring topics nd posts is beyond boring
I guess u didn't read the topic well,its about death and moving on,it shouldn't be something intresting if you ask me.I understand how u feel though.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
marieolae: I understand how you feel. Loosing a loved on is like loosing a vital part of you. Its all about being strong. I know its going to hurt. Cry if u have to. Scream if need to. Let it all out. But be strong. If you feel lonely, pick up your bible and read any passage in psalm. You will feel better. God is with you.
Amen,thanks darling....also noticed that u shared it also*smiles*
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by cooljoe(m): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
AriDsexy:
I guess u didn't read the topic well,its about death and moving on,it shouldn't be something intresting if you ask me.I understand how u feel though.
pls don't eva quote me again, if u don't want Sango to visit u. Last I checked, I was talking to marie, not u
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
haloluv: It Is a pain dat years can not erase , In my case after 5 years,the pain Is still as fresh as yesterday.
Very correct...Though d pain reduces with time.
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by marieolae(f): 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
AriDsexy:
Amen,thanks darling....also noticed that u shared it also*smiles*
your welcome dear
Re: The Pain Of Loosing A Love One by AriDsexy(f): 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
luvlyqueen: loosing a loved one can be terribly painful but no amount of pain and tears can bring dem back u've got to move on and think less abt them thou it might be difficult but u have to let go
Thank u dear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Best Reaction When U Get Slapped By Ur Girlfriend / Modern Conversation Between Husband And Wife / That Office Job Of Your Dreams Or Let Your Hubby Establish You With 15million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.