Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures (26912 Views)

How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect / Gov. Amaechi's Monorail : Work In Progress (photo) / Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by ibietela2(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
bootstrap:

Ps... looking at those two pictures closely, u will notice the yellow painted building in one and not the other. You will also notice the barbed wire not in the second.

It just simply means the two pictures were taken at different times.

PS: Can smone in PH really confirm whether or not the project has progressed passed what the OP has posted? If the OP is trying to misslead us... plz Mods shld do the needful.

Go to the project site

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Hangard: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
fydence: @OP you dont get it...The design is such that when the train gets to the 'Rail-less' point @2ndpic.. The train changes from 'Mono-Rail mode' to 'No-rail mode' and moves on WiFi mid air... The project is actually completed.
Una no go kill person with laugh on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by akumada1: 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Jazzlite: please can we have a video...from one end to another?
The other thread, you people were asking of picture nw they have show you guys pix you are now asking of video. Nigeria youth, where is the tomorrows leader.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by HopeAtHand: 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
onuzoriyeuma:
utc junction 2 station road is jst 5mins on foot, so wat r u talkin abt?

UTC Jnctn to Station road bus stop only 5mins on foot..Boy, u sabi trekk..u too much..No allow suffer kill you for Port Harcourt my man..

The Monorail is best described as a project for the future esp wen a govt knows it will surely grow weary of demolishing buildings for road expansion.

Kudos to Amaechi, he sees beyond today. When the project(phase 1) is completed, we should channel our energies to demanding that the successive govts continue with the latter phases...

Anyone who intends to talk abt Govt. and scam should look into Dr. Peter Odili and the N50 billion Omoku gas turbine scam..the Monorail project may look a waste, but it is never a scam.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by talktimi(m): 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
Mentlee:

Why would anybody report that the train is being test run? From where to where. Let them show us the video of the test run
How long will amaechi continue to fool himself?
these people have taken lying to a whole new level almost like an art form if not even better. The devil will be ashamed not to have their lying skills

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by chidekings(m): 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
ademoladeji: Why the pick on Ameachi? Can someone show us infrastructural developments in Kogi State, Ondo State, Niger State, Anambra State, Enugu State, Ebonyi State, Abia State, Cross River State, Kaduna State... Even the Lagos Light Rail System is not fully on ground. Commissioning can be done in stages... Either b4 commencing the project, during the project or after it. Let's not be sentimental... I'm not a fan of APC nor Amaechi buh I love it whn ppl make effort.

i bet ur not even trying to compare enugu with rivers
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
Am not against the govt or the governor, am only against the barbarians that come on nairaland to paste misleading informations...
Meanwhile...... Currently in Jupiter cool

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by fydence: 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hangard:
Una no go kill person with laugh on this forum.
na different stunts we dey see for naija everyday o..wetin we go do na
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by PointB: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
hazekctravels:
Wat dey showed u was dis (1st pics)
And didn't show you dis (2nd pics)
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570278_images-4_jpeg_jpeg2ce038dbd0b51d8e59b0a0d616a6e40b[/img]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570371_screenshot_2014-07-23-16-07-14_png29b18d0d659492af789f2e7a9401cc15[/img]

Truth be told though, those two picture are different trains and different locations. Notice that the plant in the 1st picture is missing in the 2nd one. The trains are also different (even though similar). There are other features that distinguish both pictures as taken from different location.

But ultimately what we need from Ameachi's supporters is at least a one minute length video of the moving train. We can deduce the rest from there.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Nnachi404(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Na who carry
Me
Come here

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by fydence: 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
rozayx5:

Sorry bro, But this project is a scam. No matter what you use and defend this daylight robbery we know the truth cool

The new pictures make you look disgrace
leave the symphony guy... I just dey wait make he continue to try to shock this dead arguement to life under one funny comparison with london..future project ni...hw about building houses for aliens ..that wld truly be for the future...

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Patdedon(m): 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
HopeAtHand:

UTC Jnctn to Station road bus stop only 5mins on foot..Boy, u sabi trekk..u too much..No allow suffer kill you for Port Harcourt my man..

The Monorail is best described as a project for the future esp wen a govt knows it will surely grow weary of demolishing buildings for road expansion.

Kudos to Amaechi, he sees beyond today. When the project(phase 1) is completed, we should channel our energies to demanding that the successive govts continue with the latter phases...

Anyone who intends to talk abt Govt. and scam should look into Dr. Peter Odili and the N50 billion Omoku gas turbine scam..the Monorail project may look a waste, but it is never a scam.

Please how is this a project of the future?
How long does it take to build a mono rail that is less than 5km long with the huge amount mentioned?
We should stop being mediocre in our reasoning. That's the only way we can move forward.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Ikpewe: 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2014
size38: The f**l is full of hate for the progress being recorded by Amaechi's govt in Rivers state. The picture he posted here is simply an old picture. I stay in ph and passes this place every week. The work is in serious progress. If u want the public to believe u, then post a picture with date and time.
Please you can atleast show us your own vision 20:20 pics

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by talktimi(m): 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
PointB:

Truth be told though, those two picture are different train and different location. Notice that the plant in the 1st picture are missing in the 2nd one. The train are also different (even though similar). There are other features that distinguish both pictures as taken from different location.

But ultimately what we need from Ameachi's supporter is at least a one minute length video of the moving training. We can deduce the rest from there.
dude, I assure you the photograph shown by the op is very very correct even as at this afternoon when I passed through that axis as I went to the mall near the govt house. Some paid infidels are just angry their scam was found out though I know you're just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by bongila(f): 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
fydence: @OP you dont get it...The design is such that when the train gets to the 'Rail-less' point @2ndpic.. The train changes from 'Mono-Rail mode' to 'No-rail mode' and moves on WiFi mid air... The project is actually completed.

I have tears in my eyes laughing so hard. Thanks for this post!

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by ademoladeji(m): 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
chidekings:

i bet ur not even trying to compare enugu with rivers
Comparison in terms of what? I've stayed in Enugu both before and during Chime's first term in office.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by HopeAtHand: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
Patdedon:

Please how is this a project of the future?
How long does it take to build a mono rail that is less than 5km long with the huge amount mentioned?
We should stop being mediocre in our reasoning. That's the only way we can move forward.

Why are you asking me how long it takes to build a monorail as if ure an expert in building monorails or ure accustomed to using it?

Take aside this one in PH, have you ever seen one in your life?

It has taken the Rivers state govt over 5yrs and N50billion to get to 3km( not withstanding the setbacks)..the remaining phases, if the next govt decides to continue will surely be at a faster pace.

And for you to know what Impact it will have in the future, look back at the PH of 8yrs ago and compare it to now, thats if you even reside in PH.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
ademoladeji: Why the pick on Ameachi? Can someone show us infrastructural developments in Kogi State, Ondo State, Niger State, Anambra State, Enugu State, Ebonyi State, Abia State, Cross River State, Kaduna State... Even the Lagos Light Rail System is not fully on ground. Commissioning can be done in stages... Either b4 commencing the project, during the project or after it. Let's not be sentimental... I'm not a fan of APC nor Amaechi buh I love it whn ppl make effort.
This is about Ph, Rivers state, and Amaechi
This is about monorail on ground and money spent so far. This is about the huge Federal allocation to Rivers state and priorities.
We know where Amaechi did well, but to spread lies about the monorail is timid.

Rumuokoro, rumuola and other densely populated area with heavy traffic would have been more appropriate. siting or starting the monorail near Rivers state secretariat is of no use to Ph residents.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by marvelito: 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
the train na only up im dey follow? Abi na jst to waist money on pillars?. D whole stuff look substandard.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by ademoladeji(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
centje: This is about Ph, Rivers state, and Amaechi
This is about monorail on ground and money spent so far. This is about the huge Federal allocation to Rivers state and priorities.
We know where Amaechi did well, but to spread lies about the monorail is timid.

Rumuokoro, rumuola and other densely populated area with heavy traffic would have been more appropriate. siting or starting the monorail near Rivers state secretariat is of no use to Ph residents.

I agree to your points... Is there a Gov in the country with clean slate of affair? Meaning we have to be so critical of other governors or better still let's start comparing their achievements in sections... Party and geopolitical wise.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by fydence: 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
bongila:

I have tears in my eyes laughing so hard. Thanks for this post!
lolz.. then my job here is done...i'm off to Planet Krypton! .have a great day sis

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by donclark(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
Lol..I have laughed my head off. Amaechi must answer to this. Its a good opportunity for GEJ to sanction him...

Anyways guys...2Face has changed his name... Find out his new name here.. www..com
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
ademoladeji:
I agree to your points... Is there a Gov in the country with clean slate of affair? Meaning we have to be so critical of other governors or better still let's start comparing their achievements in sections... Party and geopolitical wise.
They all have their flaws and successes. However, when the flaws outweigh the achievements, then it's a bad regime. At this point in our journey, our government is mostly about provision of basic amenities. A time will reach when such things will not count while evaluating a person's regime.

I don't, totally, condemn the project. But like other posters here, it has some issues. PH should even start planning for Tunnels. That city is just terrible with its suffocating traffic.

The point i was making was...don't deviate the focus. The thread is about Amaechi's monorail project and the lie that graced Nairaland front page, few days ago. This is a counter thread revealing the true state of the project. If you wanna compare, states, politicians, political parties, open a thread and let's put them on scale.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Patdedon(m): 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Why are you asking me how long it takes to build a monorail as if ure an expert in building monorails or ure accustomed to using it?

Take aside this one in PH, have you ever seen one in your life?

It has taken the Rivers state govt over 5yrs and N50billion to get to 3km( not withstanding the setbacks)..the remaining phases, if the next govt decides to continue will surely be at a faster pace.

And for you to know what Impact it will have in the future, look back at the PH of 8yrs ago and compare it to now, thats if you even reside in PH.

Yes, it is my field (construction) and yes I have seen many (ongoing construction in Abuja and several on TV and the internet.
My point is that it is outrageous to take the government of Rivers State 4yrs and 50billion to complete only about 3km of the project.

At this pace it might take 50yrs and maybe trillions to reach a substantial stage.

You can use the mumbai monorail as a good yardstick for comparison.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by honestivo(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
size38: The f**l is full of hate for the progress being recorded by Amaechi's govt in Rivers state. The picture he posted here is simply an old picture. I stay in ph and passes this place every week. The work is in serious progress. If u want the public to believe u, then post a picture with date and time.
pls cn u prove ur words with evidence i e picture or keep silent. because that is wer am staying and d pix der represent the true state of work there.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by atlwireles: 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
Patdedon:

Yes, it is my field (construction) and yes I have seen many (ongoing construction in Abuja and several on TV and the internet.
My point is that it is outrageous to take the government of Rivers State 4yrs and 50billion to complete only about 3km of the project.

At this pace it might take 50yrs and maybe trillions to reach a substantial stage.

You can use the mumbai monorail as a good yardstick for comparison.

Construction began in 2009 and the first operational line, between Wadala Depot and Chembur, was opened to the public on 2 February 2014. Trains run from 7am to 3pm IST in the initial stage. It is expected to operate for 19 hours straight by the end of March 2014

Chembur–Wadala Depot–Jacob Circle 19.54KM INR27.16 billion (US$450 million)

Mulund–Goregaon–Borivali 30km INR41.7 billion (US$690 million
Virar–Chikhaldongri 4.60km INR6399 million (US$110 million)
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Patdedon(m): 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
atlwireles:

Construction began in 2009 and the first operational line, between Wadala Depot and Chembur, was opened to the public on 2 February 2014. Trains run from 7am to 3pm IST in the initial stage. It is expected to operate for 19 hours straight by the end of March 2014

Chembur–Wadala Depot–Jacob Circle 19.54KM INR27.16 billion (US$450 million)

Mulund–Goregaon–Borivali 30km INR41.7 billion (US$690 million
Virar–Chikhaldongri 4.60km INR6399 million (US$110 million)

Thank you very much.
If you do the math, compare the various costs, distances and construction period. You'll realize that our leaders are taking us for a ride.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by honestivo(m): 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
bootstrap:

Ps... looking at those two pictures closely, u will notice the yellow painted building in one and not the other. You will also notice the barbed wire not in the second.

It just simply means the two pictures were taken at different times.

PS: Can smone in PH really confirm whether or not the project has progressed passed what the OP has posted? If the OP is trying to misslead us... plz Mods shld do the needful.
I cn confirm dat cos dats my area d OP pix represent d tru state of d project

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by ENDTIMES: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
I fault the monorail project on so many fronts but Amaechi demonstrated that he has a will, Peter Odili kept the state stagnant for 8 years.

The next Rivers governor should have mercy on this state, so many resources but not far better than Borno in infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by honestivo(m): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
HopeAtHand:

so can we continue 2 fold our hands seing billions goin into private account. Odilli 50b Amaechi 100b nex Gov 150b so this hv nw bn a culture in Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by talktimi(m): 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
honestivo: pls cn u prove ur words with evidence i e picture or keep silent. because that is wer am staying and d pix der represent the true state of work there.
grin cheesy HAHAHAHAHAHA those mor0ns want us to work under the probability that the next governor will continue this scam of a project grin OH BOY !!! Ok let him just pray his own man (Fakae ?) succeeds him so that his nak€dness will not be exposed and in the mean time, lets ask how far with the Clinotech of Canada mega hospital that we conveniently forgot

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Mogidi: 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
size38: The f**l is full of hate for the progress being recorded by Amaechi's govt in Rivers state. The picture he posted here is simply an old picture. [size=15pt]I stay in ph and passes this place every week.[/size] The work is in serious progress. If u want the public to believe u, then post a picture with date and time.

Ok you don't have a camera?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fbi Reveals 16 Of The Richest Politicians In Nigeria And Their worth In Usa. / Senator Dino Melaye Recall Fails, Verification Materials Hijacked / 2023: Tinubu Allies Demand Plan B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.