Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures (26909 Views)

How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect / Gov. Amaechi's Monorail : Work In Progress (photo) / Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: Some nigerians are just dumb skulls!! If a monorail or any sensible mass transist system was launched in lagos in the 80's and subsequent governments chipped in, would lagos be the traffic mess and metropolitan disgrace that it is today? A growing city and planning for it's future and some partisan and intellectual hacks are here vomiting trash.
My brother I agree wit u. The aim of dis thread is not to condemn dis project, but let people know dat the thread on test running was a scam and was far from being real. So dont get it twisted. .
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
This is pure cheating.. he simply put a danfo bus without tires on poles of iron.. mono rail grin grin chai! Daris God oooh
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
See

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by bootstrap(m): 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
hazekctravels:
The building is painted, nothing else has changed, the rail tracks has not been extended one bit...

I am saying, fot both pictures to be different but yet OP claims they just different views kind of casts alot of doubts on his authenticity, dnt you think so?

CAN SMONE PLZ UPDATE US PROPERLY AND HONESTLY WHAT IS GOING ON THERE PLZZZZZ?
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by MissJones: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: Some nigerians are just dumb skulls!! If a monorail or any sensible mass transist system was launched in lagos in the 80's and subsequent governments chipped in, would lagos be the traffic mess and metropolitan disgrace that it is today? A growing city and planning for it's future and some partisan and intellectual hacks are here vomiting trash.

Mr. Oga, I agree with you. I can only imagine what Lagos would have been now had Buhari's administration not frustrated Jakande's Monorail project in the 80's. It's just a shame that some people still want this man in power..a man that couldn't see the future....let me stop here to avoid bashing lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by rolchi(m): 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: this is the starting point of the project, it is projected to run into aba road to waterlines, rumuola, etc...in five years from now, rather than enter taxi and bus that chock aba road. A single train can transport over 100 people from waterlines to lagos bus stop. That's planning and forward thinking.

OK...let me agree to this your point. Since this is a long term plan and this monorail starts from Lagos Bu stop and it has taken 8 years to do this, why didn't he start from Obigbo down. At least, we have a large population from that end that can begin to enjoy it even if it is between two bus stops?

What I a msaying that starting from Lagos Bus stop to UTC where there is no traffic at peak period....don't you think that this is not forward thinking?
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by kraba: 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
I think d op has done justice to this one. To those justifying this sort of politics of propaganda, I have only one question; what would you have said if Jonathan were to go and commission the lagos-ibadan expressway as it is, in the name of phased commissioning

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
It took me less than 8 mins to walk 80% of the said monorail track,

7 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Symphony007: 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
The city of london started blowing up the earth for their famous tube system at a time when people were emptying their chamber pots on the streets from their room upstairs, horses were defeacating on the streets, the thames was poluted to the point parliament had to shut it's windows indefinitely...I wonder if it was called a "white elephant project" then. Today how will traffic be in the city of london without the tube? Same with london.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by sage2(m): 6:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
hazekctravels:
Wat dey showed u was dis (1st pics)
And didn't show you dis (2nd pics)

Chai, this guy has killed them.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Symphony007: 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
hazekctravels:
My brother I agree wit u. The aim of dis thread is not to condemn dis project, but let people know dat the thread on test running was a scam and was far from being real. So dont get it twisted. .
understood. I'm just illuminating a myopic few here calling it a "white elephant project".

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by ibietela2(m): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
size38: The f**l is full of hate for the progress being recorded by Amaechi's govt in Rivers state. The picture he posted here is simply an old picture. I stay in ph and passes this place every week. The work is in serious progress. If u want the public to believe u, then post a picture with date and time.

Picture or i don't believe it

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by rozayx5(m): 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
sage2:

Chai, this guy has killed them.

grin

More pictures above,
Jweeds can bow their heads in shame

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by suwailad(f): 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
Amechi phucked up big time on this one, though i hate pdp with all my bone but rotimi seriously nose dived here

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by rozayx5(m): 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: understood. I'm just illuminating a myopic few here calling it a "white elephant project".

Sorry bro, But this project is a scam. No matter what you use and defend this daylight robbery we know the truth cool

The new pictures make you look disgrace

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by rozayx5(m): 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION: See

Nice job
Now omenka can come cheesy
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
To the doubting Thomas i took the picture of Spar shopping mall that opened last weekend while taking the rail pictures

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by rozayx5(m): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
ibietela2:

Picture or i don't believe it

Word

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by alabiyemmy(m): 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
size38: The f**l is full of hate for the progress being recorded by Amaechi's govt in Rivers state. The picture he posted here is simply an old picture. I stay in ph and passes this place every week. The work is in serious progress. If u want the public to believe u, then post a picture with date and time.

SeƩ talk. Why u ni post your Own counter pictures. Haba.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by zurine(f): 6:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
wow
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by alabiyemmy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: look at port harcourt traffic today and tell me if this city can survive or grow without a viable mass transit system. Ignorant people will never learn. Lagos never had the foresight to build a good mass transist system, today it's a traffic dumb. How many roads does lagos have? How many lanes? Has that stopped traffic? And people will see a growing city like port harcourt which less land to build mighty roads like lagos and say it does'nt need to plan for the future. Funny!!

Ask Buhari why Lagos doesnt have a good transport system hitherto.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by flyingdutchman(m): 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
YOURP PROOF THAT THE PIC WAS TAKEN TODAY? I CHOOSE TO BE POSITIVE.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Hangard: 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
ibietela2:

Cleverly why not keep quiet if you don't have anything reasonable? Go to the project site from UTC bus stop to Station RD.

Oh i forgot you are not from Here
No Ngeneukwenu Cleverly girlfriend is living in PortHarcourt.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by phantom(m): 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: look at port harcourt traffic today and tell me if this city can survive or grow without a viable mass transit system. Ignorant people will never learn. Lagos never had the foresight to build a good mass transist system, today it's a traffic dumb. How many roads does lagos have? How many lanes? Has that stopped traffic? And people will see a growing city like port harcourt which less land to build mighty roads like lagos and say it does'nt need to plan for the future. Funny!!
symphony I agree with the fact that we have to plan for the future BUT you and I know successive governments will abandon this project and that is where the trouble lies.
this project on its own is a very good thing but one administration cannot complete it.
for those screaming scam,I implore you to check the cost of similar projects in other parts of the world.
monorail projects anywhere are expensive and they end up not transiting too many people at a time. that is why many countries do not use this model.it is not cost effective.
instead of criticizing amaechi ,I think rivers people should insist the next governor continues it.
my humble submission.
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
bootstrap:

I am saying, fot both pictures to be different but yet OP claims they just different views kind of casts alot of doubts on his authenticity, dnt you think so?

CAN SMONE PLZ UPDATE US PROPERLY AND HONESTLY WHAT IS GOING ON THERE PLZZZZZ?
You've been updated

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Mentlee: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
talktimi: The only people who saw this train being test run are those who aren't based in Rivers state. They have magical eyes to see the unseeable. Now I wonder how any person mad or not would want to test run this train without falling off at the utc end of the contraption as its presently constituted right now. By the way, how many monorail projects has Megastar handled since their inception or is the Rivers state project their guinea pig ? No wahala sha

Why would anybody report that the train is being test run? From where to where. Let them show us the video of the test run
How long will amaechi continue to fool himself?

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Hangard: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
hazekctravels:
Ur so funny.. since u pass dere everyday to work why dont you show us current spot of the pictures I posted. . Piss of shiit
Brother size38 say let me help him out, he told me he don't have Mb to upload the picture.
(VIEWERS DISCRETION IS ADVICE)
here is the picture.

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: dullard! Where did you get that 100 billion number from or you just throw out whatever that stuff upstairs you call brain produce.

Dumb mofu, use google...
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
And each of the pillars of this monorail costs N1.5m (so said a contractor working on the project)
So do the math and tell me this is not waste of valuable resources. If he wants to copy, he should av copied Lagos BRT bus, that would av been more meaningful (flies back to Jupiter tongue tongue tongue)

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by McLuhan(m): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
fydence: @OP you dont get it...The design is such that when the train gets to the 'Rail-less' point @2ndpic.. The train changes from 'Mono-Rail mode' to 'No-rail mode' and moves on WiFi mid air... The project is actually completed.
O'boy, you wicked o. See as you take bad mouth wan spoil project wey person don commission. Chei, laughter wan kill me die. I laugh so tey I come forget wetin I wan do.

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
ibietela2:

Cleverly why not keep quiet if you don't have anything reasonable? Go to the project site from UTC bus stop to Station RD.

Oh i forgot you are not from Here
utc junction 2 station road is jst 5mins on foot, so wat r u talkin abt?
Re: The Truth About Amaechi Monorail Project With Pictures by Hangard: 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
rozayx5:

to alausa,with tifnubu as the the operator and nairaland jweeds as the coal shovelling crew cheesy cheesy
and Berem as the female conductor.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Government's Wrong Policy Choices Caused This Recession - Pat Utomi / What Is Going On In This Pic B/w OBJ And Atiku / CCB Charges Senate President Saraki Over False Declaration Of Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.