Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Circle Of Three. - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Circle Of Three. (33261 Views)

In The Circle Of Commotion / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / “Conspiracy Of Lagos” Chronicles The Vicious Circle Of Lagos Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Circle Of Three. by codedbaby(f): 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
rapmike give me moreeeeee
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Why are my posts disappearing?
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
"Why ask me that kind of question?"

"I asked you because I know that you probably see God in a kind of light that is not wholesome."

"Really? I just know that he protects people and he has kept me alive and well so far."

"You see, that's why you don't pray that much. You don't see reason to pray to God."

"That's obvious, so why should I pray more often? Apart from this love issue, I have nothing to bother about. I am feeding well, I lack nothing financially, my studies are good, so tell me what I need God for?" Cassie said before retracting her last statement. "I meant why I should pray more often?"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
"True, when am down, I can pray to him and he will help me, but God is not just a 'help me' button." Ifeoma said, looking squarely at Cassie. "He is the best person to be with. He is great and not just power-wise. He is a good friend and father, anytime I have issues or problems, I can rush to him in prayer. He has plans for me and he is interested in speaking and associating with me. In fact, He has more interest in what I am telling you now than me."

"Seriously?" Cassie asked questioningly.

"Yes, and that goes without saying. Cassie, I can tell you that he loves you more than you know or imagine,and that he believes in your abilities to change the world. With you leaning on to his power and strength, you can do a lot. But more than that, he can help you make good decisions and because he knows the heart of everybody, he knows who has the best intentions for you."
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
"I can't tell you that if you follow him, challenges will disappear from your life or that your life will suddenly become a fairy tale. But I can tell you that with him, you can defeat any and every problem on your path. It won't be easy, at times God will ask you to do some tough stuffs, to make difficult decisions. But as I like to say, all things work together for the good of those who love him."

"So Cassie, what is your answer?"

Cassie looked at Ifeoma with surprise and then smiled. "Seriously, you supposed to be in the marketing division of a huge company, not in the medical field. See as you package preaching, not like all those SU girls who go and just talk of how miserable everyone else that does not accept Jesus supposed to be."

"Well, they may be partially right, but that's their prerogative. Its true that eternity matters, and a lot too; but its not the only thing that matters. So Cassie, What's your answer?"

"To which question?"

"What's your answer about getting to know God? About really being friends with Jesus? To what I just said?"

"I will think about it." Cassie said, "let's go back to the reception."
Re: Circle Of Three. by Flakeey(f): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
this is so good
why didn't i see this thread all the while

anyways, i'm here and following bumper to bumper

*back to reading*
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
Flakeey: this is so good
why didn't i see this thread all the while

anyways, i'm here and following bumper to bumper

*back to reading*

Thanks a lot
Re: Circle Of Three. by seunviju(f): 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
Cassie huh huh.Following
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Cassie returned from the wedding a partially changed lady. She was still thinking about Adedayo and the question about God. Can she actually allow herself to go down the fanatic lane for a God she cannot see? She was a Christian no doubt, but that was only in name and church attendance. She had dated a young guy like Adedayo, they had kissed and smooched(though lightly) and she had severally had dreams about them having sex.

On the other hand was her relationship with Adedayo. He was free for now, and it seems so for a long time. He had no hindrance as his dad supported the relationship. Yet it had ended in his hands. Should she accept to resurrect such a relationship, or should she flee to the mature arms of Mr Wale, whose lecturer lifestyle may keep her within Ife and make her redundant in the traveling aspect? She toiled with this feelings until she slept.

She had another funny dream, similar to the first one which she had when things were going smoothly. She could see him calling her as she talked to another man and she watched as he left her, even as she turned and tried to get to him. She saw him walk some distance and sat down. All of a sudden, he stood up and started smiling, then walked away, a person walking besides him. She had a feeling that she knew the person when both of them disappeared in the shadows. She suddenly woke up in sweat, but deduced that her thinking was the cause of her strange dream.

Some states apart, Comfort was looking startled at the mirror.

After having a dream.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
She saw herself on a road, running as if she was in danger. She then turned around to see nothing but emptiness all around her. She walked forward and saw Tunji in front of her, carrying a knife, moving stealthily towards a target.

Her interest increased and she followed him until he got to a clearing, more like a clearing in a forest. Comfort then looked around the area, having the advantage of having some distance between her and Tunji to see than some people were wearing hoods all around the clearing, however he was blind to this.

Suddenly a calabash of food appeared on the floor, with Tunji making a dash for it. She went forward and called him, but her voice was even more silent than that of a snail. He got there and started eating.

Five minutes into his feast, the hooded figures appeared from nowhere and stabbed him with seven blades on his back, forcing him on the ground groaning. As he wriggled and tried to summon some strength to attempt a stand, he was stabbed one last time on the head by one of the hooded members.

Comfort, immediately after seeing this, started to run for her dear life. She burst out of the area and was running towards the empty space when she heard a warning:

"IF YOU FOLLOW HIM, THAT WILL BE YOUR FATE"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
Comfort woke up after the warning and wondered what just happened.

She turned back to sleep, trying to ignore the dream, but it haunted her so much that sleep literally fled from her. She made it part of her priority to tell her aunt about the dream.

The next day was kinda busy for Comfort, as her aunt had to organize so files for her boss in the office and asked Comfort to run some errands.

At noon, she was done and was about sleeping when she heard a knock at the door. She opened it to see Tunji, smiling at her.

Cassie woke up feeling fresh in the morning, went about her chores and cleaning up before heading out to 'Leggies', a popular footwear shop in Lagos. She instructed the driver to come back in an hour's time after dropping her off, because she just had plans for window-shopping. She was checking a particular shoe when she saw Adedayo.

With a girl.
Re: Circle Of Three. by classicuju: 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
Me likey..... Keep it coming Rapmike
Re: Circle Of Three. by Flakeey(f): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
shocked shocked shocked with a girl?
maybe her sister grin

weldone Rapmike
you are doing a great job

more ink to ur pen
Re: Circle Of Three. by codedbaby(f): 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
moreeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr pls. more strength
Re: Circle Of Three. by Tannie(f): 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
Stiill here.
Keep it coming rapmike.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:49am On Sep 25, 2014
Cassie tried ignoring them, however the girl's provocative dressing and her obvious show of attention caught her eye. Adedayo and his 'girl' went to another section of the store and he brought one shoe which seems to worth the world to the girl as she hugged him tightly and led to a couple of peeks on his cheeks while she held on tightly to him.

Cassie, now slightly angered at the continued display from the girl, now walked towards the pair, planning the crash the party. As she was about to tap Adedayo from the back, she kicked a pall with some dirty water in it, probably left by a careless worker and it fell, spilling the water on her cloth and making enough noise to attract a crowd.

Adedayo turned towards the source of the noise and was surprised to see Cassie.

"Hi, Cassie," he said awkwardly before he turned to the other girl," This is Angela, my new girlfriend. Angela, this is Cassie, my erm... Friend." He introduced the pair to each other.

The other girl gladly stretched her hand to greet Cassie, who was fuming with anger. She had no choice but to reciprocate the gesture by shaking her hand, although she shook it tightly.

Adedayo looked confused at her action, then quickly and quietly led his girl to another section of the store, always on the lookout for Cassie. He soon sorted himself and the girl and left.

Cassie, already feeling devastated, called her driver thirty minutes early and drove home.
Re: Circle Of Three. by aprilwise(m): 6:23am On Sep 25, 2014
Nice story

1 Like

Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
"What are you doing here?" Comfort asked him, as Tunji smiled sheepishly.

"I see that you still keep that anger with you." He noted and then looked around the house. "It looks decent enough though."

"Please leave here immediately, my aunt must not see you here."

"So she has already warned you about me?" He hissed. "Damn, where can I go to that I can talk unhindered to a human being?"

"That will only happen when you travel to another region of the country and not here. Tunji look at me. I don't hate you, only that you reputation is well known here and as I have barely settled, I can't behave like its all cool with you, especially as I know about that 'reputation' well." She looked straight at him.

"Well it can't be helped then." He looked sadly at her as he walked away to the streets, leaving Comfort relieved.

"Cassie, you have to sort yourself out." Ifeoma told her friend after she explained what happened.

"But I can't believe what he did, he replaced me like I was a doll or something insignificant. How can he?"

"Oho, what about it? What were you expecting?"
Re: Circle Of Three. by Flakeey(f): 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
*groans*
too short
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
"What do you mean by that?" Cassie looked at her with fiery eyes.

"Cassie, if I am to be frank with you, you caused it. You dumped this guy at the wedding, remember? Did you remember your words? He must lost hope in getting you and decided to move on. At least he tried to get back to you. Most guys move on immediately and I can't blame them, the few that try to win their girls back are often made to suffer for nothing. So, unless you are really lucky, don't count on him coming back to you."

"Ifeoma, help me nah! I can't bear seeing him with another babe, especially when they are doing stuffs that we used to do."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Help me break his relationship up."

Comfort rested and went about her chores, listening to Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance'. It was apt for the way she felt about everything, about Tunji, about her dream.

"IF YOU....." The words rang into her skull like a Nokia ringtone, keeping her alert. She was done with him, or about done with him anyway, so why the dream? She decided to ask her aunt.

It was not long before her aunt came and the first thing she said when she came in was....

"What was that boy looking for in this place this afternoon?"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
Flakeey: *groans*
too short

I usually prefer making it short and giving a couple of short update rather than one long update.

However, when I looked at it, I realised that it was short indeed.
Re: Circle Of Three. by codedbaby(f): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
pls rapmike don't make it short I beg of u
Re: Circle Of Three. by Flakeey(f): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
rapmike:
I usually prefer making it short and giving a couple of short update rather than one long update.
However, when I looked at it, I realised that it was short indeed.

grin grin grin
short indeed

tnx for the update
Re: Circle Of Three. by baser02(m): 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nyc story,realli enjoying it.thumbs up to d writer
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2014
Ifeoma looked incredulously at Cassie.

"What do you want from him exactly? You chased him away, he has got another girlfriend and you want his relationship to end? Cassie, move on with your life. If he is meant to be yours, then he will come back to you. If not, you will find your man when the time is right. Stop sweating over the issue! The guy we are taking about is a small boy sef."

Cassie turned to look at Ifeoma, shocked at her statements. "Is that the consolation you can give me?"

"Yes, that's the consolation I can give you, Cassie Blake Adams. I mean, I can't destroy someone else path to happiness because you selfishly want to keep him sad. That's the truth. If it was a case that you still loved him, I will understand, but you seemed confused about what you want and he is moving on."

"Cassie face was now contorted in a way not different from a child who had just got a hiding. Ifeoma, you call me your friend and you say this?"

"Cassie, if you want me to sugar-coat you and in the process tell you lies, I won't. Fake friends will help you do what you asked me to do and then watch you suffer when the consequences begin to hit you. True friends will see the danger in such and advise you against it. Don't do anything to their relationship, because if you do, Karma is always there and it won't be funny if the consequences start when you are married."

"Okay o." Cassie said, mopping her face up, "Thank you."
Re: Circle Of Three. by Flakeey(f): 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
ride on Rapmike
kiss
Re: Circle Of Three. by ESIXLOVE: 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
guy, you have really improved. Nice one boss.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
"Oshey gan." Cassie said before facing her work.

Comfort, on the other hand was shocked that her aunt got to know that Tunji showed up.

"I don't know, he said he wanted to see me. I told him that its not possible and that he should leave me alone, then I locked the door against him."

"Good, all these young men left by their parents have a lot of secrets they hid. Besides there are a lot of evil activities going on in this town Comfort. So please understand that I am looking out for you."

"Okay ma."

"Stop 'Okaying' me like I am forcing you." She then held Comfort's hand. together and faced her.

"Comfort, I know that you are young and you want freedom. I don't blame you for that."

"But you must know that there is nothing like freedom in the pure sense of it. There are always bondage and prices for various degrees of freedom and some prices are just too big to pay. The boy you call Tunji has been seen with some well known ritualists in town and what they specialize in is using people private parts for money. Comfort winced at this statement, so I not wanting you near him is not because of been overprotective. I care deeply about you and that's why i behave the way i do. Please understand me, Comfort."

Comfort looked at her, tears shooting out of her eyes. The dream was now clear to her.Wahalahi! If she sees Tunji ten feet away from her, she go run comot. No be am dem go use for 'Ogun Owo'.

Courage was praying with Kachi, Her church pastor when he asked to pray for her friends. She was praying when she saw something like a dream.More like a vision.
Of Comfort.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
ESIXLOVE: guy, you have really improved. Nice one boss.

Thanks! What has been holding you up?
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
GbemiOO, I see you wink wink
Re: Circle Of Three. by GbemiOO(f): 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
rapmike: GbemiOO, I see you wink wink

grin smiley smiley
I enjoy reading your story ..... you're doing a great job smiley
But make your updates longer .... pleeeeaaaaassssee
Re: Circle Of Three. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
Awesome

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Love, No Inhibitions / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature / That Night In My Best Friend’s Bed (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.