Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Circle Of Three. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Circle Of Three. (33213 Views)

In The Circle Of Commotion / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / “Conspiracy Of Lagos” Chronicles The Vicious Circle Of Lagos Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2014
"What is happening there?" Cassie said, quite alarmed. Courage could see her face as NEPA had restored power supply.
"THEY ARE CHASING ME, CASSIE, PLEASE HELP!!!" Comfort was shouting.
"Comfort, calm down a bit, where are you now?"
"I am at Road One, please do something, I can't run for too long"..... the phone cracked and stopped working.
"Ah! Jesu! Not now now!" Comfort said agonizingly as she kept running, even as her feet were weary.
"What is happening? Cassie talk to me!" Courage asked, borrowing some worry from Cassie, who was pacing around the room.
"Comfort is in trouble! Some men are chasing her, she said that they want to r@pe her."
"In OAU?! Aha, how possible is that?"
"SHE JUST CALLED ME NOW! I don't even know what to do?"
"Where is she?"
"She said she is at Road One."
"Okay, lets be going."
"Going where?"
"We are going to Road One."

Comfort's legs were already failing her. Yet by willpower, even though she was slow, she had gotten to Local Government. Understandably, Her attackers were faster and they soon got her.
"Please, Please, I use God beg you, leave me alone... Please." She said amidst tears.They were beginning to shout and scream, Making all sorts of scary noises to her.
"See, You have two choices. Either we have our way with you and you enjoy us, One of them said, licking his lips, Or we enjoy ourselves without you. Do you understand."
"See Four of us, Conji dey hook up wella, and We go use you step-down." Another brute said as he tried to kiss her. Comfort allowed him scarily and then bit his tongue as he directed it to her mouth, causing him to withdraw and cry out in pain. A slap came from one end and another slap followed, all directed to her. She cowered a bit as her dress was beginning to be manhandled by the men.

"Cassie, lets be going." Courage said as she dialed someone.
"Samson! How far? Abeg some guys are after my friend at Road One, I need una help." "You dey near? Thank you jare, I dey come now." She dropped the call and picked up a knife. Cassie herself had ended her minor weeping session and was carrying a brave look.
"Oya, am going to the Mai-guard first." She said.
On getting there, they tried to get the man to follow them, e refused, citing the fact that his job ended at his post. It was until Cassi seized his gun and Courage threatened to report him to his superiors that was when the lazy man followed them.
Comfort was in tears as they had ripped her cloth. What was stopping them from r@ping her was the fact that they were arguing amongst themselves who will go in first, as se was too weak to resist. Tunji decided to start, as their masks hid their faces. He was about to start her ordeal when he heard someone shouting at them.
"Stop!"
They turned round o see a man with two ladies approaching them. As they tried to run, he shot at them, striking two down.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Tannie(f): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2014
Thank God she wasn't raped. Nice work Rapmike
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2014
Tannie: Thank God she wasn't raped. Nice work Rapmike

Thank you wink
Re: Circle Of Three. by seunviju(f): 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Huh that silly bf of hers must be caught so that she can know the devil he is.Welldone boss
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
The other two ran, only to collide with the stern face of Samson and the whole Student Community.
As they were apprehended, Students started delivering the usual slaps, while they matched to where Cassie and Co were.
Courage and Cassie were the first to meet Comfort,Cassie quickly giving her a gown to wear. As she wore the cloth to cover her unclothedness, Courage and the mai-guard went to the shot men, who could not run out of pain. Courage removed the mask off one of them and gasped for surprise, prompting the guard to ask if she knew him.
She called out to Comfort, who walked quickly to the scene as the second shot guy tried to run again. Before anyone could say stop, Courage charged at the guy and delivered two straight hooks, which brought the guy to his knees as pain set in.
Comfort, meanwhile reached the place and immediately identified the unmasked man, delivering a slap and went on a search for a stick, leaving the guard bewildered.
"Who be this man?" He shouted,which made Cassie to look. Lo and behold, it was Tunde!
"Na her boyfriend." Cassie responded, pointing to Comfort who found a stick and stone and immediately stoned him, Causing him to yelp out in pain.
"You! You!! You are an animal, Anuofia!" Comfort spat out as she started to exert her anger, frustration and surprise at an injured Tunji.
"Tunji,You!" she kept saying, beating him with the stick, which was barbed at the receiving end, until the guard held her and dragged her away.
Samson and Co soon met them and dragged the two culprits away, students singing and beating them, with Comfort, Courage and Cassie following. After moving some distance with them, the three girls walked back to Maintenance.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
When they got to their rooms, Comfort immediately went for her bed, the night already tiring for her. Since it was still lecture free week, Cassie and Courage decided to leave her alone and go to bed too.
The next day, Courage woke up first, quickly followed by Cassie and Comfort. They stared at each other, then the ground as they remembered the previous night.
"Cassie thank you." Comfort said, little tears coming out of her emotion-laden face.
"Its okay." Cassie said, hugging her as tears flowed anew.
"I was scared, very scared. I could not imagine what could have happened." Comfort kept saying.
"Comfort, take it easy, let's thank God you were not r@ped, because it is tough." Courage said.
"What do you know about r@pe, Reverend Sister?" Comfort shot out, surprising both Cassie and Courage," I was a second from being r@ped and this is all you have to say?"
"For you information, I have been r@ped before, so I can speaking from experience." Courage said.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Babyzai, I see you!

Nigerian youths are brainy ooh, only that sometimes we are not seen.
Re: Circle Of Three. by ninja4life(m): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nice updates,good work abeg try to increase d frequency of d updates o.
Re: Circle Of Three. by babyzai(f): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Dnt mind me bros, i enjoy ur story, its really attention-catching. Ure doing excellently well. Ghost mode activated again. Bye
Re: Circle Of Three. by Essyydiamond(f): 12:52am On Aug 21, 2014
Mr rapmike ur story isn't bad but u hv 2 improve ur grammar and make sure 2 mark off a particular scene from another by a line may be like:
######################.
It will make ur work easier 2 read.. Don't get discouraged,only accept d criticisms and work harder
Re: Circle Of Three. by Essyydiamond(f): 12:54am On Aug 21, 2014
[/color]Mr rapmike ur story isn't bad but u hv 2 improve ur grammar and make sure 2 mark off a particular scene from another by a line may be like:
######################.
It will make ur work easier 2 read.. Don't get discouraged,only accept d criticisms and work harder
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
Shock was written over Comfort and Cassie's faces, the former having some remorse over her earlier outburst.
"Courage, I am sorry, I never....."
"You never thought it had happened to me, right?" Courage asked. "Well, you can be forgiven for thinking like that, at least its the 'Reverend Sister' that we are talking about. Its not something I announce, for obvious reasons as well."

"Comfort, I was once like you. Care-free, stubborn, wild-dresser, dating rough guys, I have done them. I dated cultists, Yahoo boys, political thugs and all other miscreants. I have been to parties, I have smoked, I have drank before. All in my late teens.
However, because of my popularity, I decided to make a mistake by dumping a Capone of a cult for another member of a rival cult, A Capone, for that matter. So one night,after I attended a party, I was kidnapped by the cultists whose Capone I had dumped, dragged to a forest and was serially r@ped til the next morning. I was later abandoned and I had to beg for clothes and money to get back to school." She said.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
"The pain and the trauma of that night lingered on for a long time and considering that the incident led to a major cult fight, which many students died, it was just too painful for me to bear. So I changed universities. That's why I am here now."

"I suspected Tunji from the beginning, only that I could not chose to hurt you or become your enemy for telling you, knowing how you view me. I am sincerely sorry for how my silence had caused you." She ended her speech, pulling Comfort closer. Cassie joined in the hug, promising that they will watch each other's back.

Meanwhile, the news of what happened spread like wildfire, everyone gossiping about what happened. It did the Faculty of Law no favours, nor the celebrant. For the others, it was an avenue to pour anger,scorn or mockery at the event, depending on who is talking.
Linda and her friend, Shade were discussing about the issue when a police van drove along. It past them and reversed, coming slowly towards where they are. As Linda saw the occupants of the van, she tried to run but something stopped her.
Kayode and Tijani were among the occupants!
Re: Circle Of Three. by ninja4life(m): 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
That guy ola dey think sha though quiet but smart.me likey.abeg update fast make we know how dem nab d three idiots(including linda).nice story
Re: Circle Of Three. by ninja4life(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
That guy ola dey think sha though quiet but smart.me likey.abeg update fast make we know how dem nab d three idiots(including linda).nice story.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
ninja4life: That guy ola dey think sha though quiet but smart.me likey.abeg update fast make we know how dem nab d three idiots(including linda).nice story.

Updates later this evening, please.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tijani and Kayode immediately pointed to her and before you could say run, she was seized by the officers, who sat in between her and the guys to prevent anyone from escaping.
She wondered what had happened until she found herself but seeing those batons and AK-47 rifle guns made her to keep quiet.
When she got down at the police station, she saw some NDLEA officers who kept her and her cohorts in a separate cell. It was there she got to hear what happened.
The previous day, a new supply of her goods was to arrive. However, she had an important customer to service in terms of intimate affairs,so she left it for Kayode and Tijani. They have handled such deals before and it was supposed to be hitch-free.
They probably should have gone to a native doctor just to make sure.
Justus had previously given a vivid description of the place and since Friday followed him to Linda's house, he could also recognise the house. So Tumise went to the place, and fortunately for him, one of the neighbours was his friend who had just moved in a few months ago and was disgusted with the incessant smells from the place. The guy gladly accommodated Tumise and there and then, surveillance had started. Meanwhile Ola went ahead to inform his father of the recent findings and it was found out that Linda was in fact wanted by the agency, as she was an important link to a couple of drug barons.
So as Kayode was testing the new import, Tumise called Ola, who had made arrangements with the police and NDLEA to move in swiftly. Within five minutes, they swooped the area, catching Kayode and Tijani in the act. They initially proved tough, but with the help of the ever skin loving pressing iron, they melted faster than butter in front of fire. Linda, meanwhile had gone to a party with her customer and arrived home late, so she suspected nothing and actually forgot about the deal until this moment.
Re: Circle Of Three. by seunviju(f): 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
Nice update.Though am not a writer but there is an observation about your work.it is as if it is somhow jampacked and not well paragraph.pls don't be offended with what I just said o,its just wat I think sir
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
seunviju: Nice update.Though am not a writer but there is an observation about your work.it is as if it is somhow jampacked and not well paragraph.pls don't be offended with what I just said o,its just wat I think sir

Thanks for the observation. My battery was low as I was typing, so I kinda rushed the last few updates.
Re: Circle Of Three. by ninja4life(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Actually pitied linda following d incidence with tunji now I don't.nice updates
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
She looked at Tijani and Kayode, absolutely fuming. "Who go come clear us now?" Kayode said, looking disoriented.

A clear slap came through from Linda to Kayode, catching him and Tijani by surprise.

"How can you be so careless eh, Kayode?" She looked at him, fire burning in her eyes. "How can you? Look at what you have put me through now. Do you know that my exams start this week? You could not find a way to get to me without involving the police, abi?"

"Madam, take am easy jare, no be say you get the mind to bear torture." Kayode said grudgingly. "You no sabi wetin we suffer." Tijani added.

"See, if you want your faculties to be alive, better don't say anything else, you hear me? And don't even disclose the location of Don, you understand?" They nodded their heads.

"Where is the customer?" She asked them.

"We no sabi where him dey. They divide us when we reach here."

Linda paced around the room, feeling so angry. Not only will she miss her electives, she is certainly doomed to miss the rest of her papers too. She was not too scared of jail though, she had confidence that Don will facilitate her release.

All that confidence disappeared on Friday.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
Meanwhile, Cassie and Co continued their exams with new found joy,hope and happiness, all found in their recently strengthened bonds. Comfort in particular came out in the open and received sympathy from many people, she was even asked by a NGO to speak on a conference concerning rape.

Courage finally decided that Ken had a right to come closer to her heart and yes, they started dating. What had started as a simple habit of reading together had transformed to a new,sizzling relationship, with Ken even changing some things to accommodate her. Courage was now more bright and open to others.

Cassie, however had a few dark clouds on her head. Yes, she was still studying well (or hard), but her emotional pain due to her breakup with Adedayo kept her in a mix.

And more was to happen after her exams.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
Don was chatting with Esther, one of his female clients when the news of Linda's capture came through. He quickly stood up and confirmed it from one of his spies in the police before deciding on the next step.

Don, a middle-aged man, whose real name was Nwachukwu Ebenezer has been in this business for some time, around ten years now. He started as a handsome, young and deceptively slim 27 years old smuggler, smuggling Concaine into jewelry cases and fruits before he gained freedom from his barons seven years later. That freedom came at a cost, though not from him as a fellow smuggler was caught and he exposed his boos. Both the boss and his accomplice were jailed for 20 years, giving him the freedom to use whatever money he gained from the business. He still kept contact with his boss though, who gave him advice on situations that pop up once in a while.

Like today.

The news of Linda's arrest was not new to him, every now and then some little issue pops up and she gets into trouble. Most of the time it was so easy that she could get out of it herself, just a little bribe and everything was fixed. What worried him was the people involved. NDLEA.

They had been looking for him for some months now, almost a year and a half. They were not easily bribed and some of the staff had a grudge with him, as he had killed some of them before. With Linda in their hands, he could smell blood.

His Blood.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
I want to do something funny, I am dedicating the next update to cingelai and rhyllo, two ghost readers.

My regular fans, I will soon start dedicating updates to you guys.

1 Like

Re: Circle Of Three. by seunviju(f): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
Keep up the good work
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
Dedicated to cingelai and rhyllo.

Don quickly wore a T-shirt and a good jeans trousers and picked his car keys. He knew that this will lead to trouble, but the extent of trouble is what he did not know. He decided to get his answers soon.

He entered his car, a KIA Picanto with a customised number plate call DON KRIS. That way, if anyone wanted to link his car to his name, it will sound dumb. Of course he meant using that for his friends, not the police.

He drove out of his 3 bedroom flat at Modakeke and got to Mayfair roundabout, turned and sped his way towards Ilesha, to Ilesha Prisons to be precise.

To his boss.

#############################

Cassie walked away from MIC 3.10 Laboratory, looking a bit exhausted. She had just written her 301 exams and everything looked a bit like greek to her. She at least did the questions she knew and left the rest to God, as they say. She was determined not to cheat, even though the temptation to do such was huge.

She was walking towards Zoology Department when Shittu, her class rep stopped her.

"Cassie, what's up? Your face has been a bit down of recent."

She looked at him, weariness creeping in on her beautiful face. "Its work jare, imagine after reading that 301 like it was the last thing on earth, I could not answer most of the questions. Na God go save us from this HOD of ours."

"Amen o, my sister, even me sef just dey look the question like mumu. But e no reach make e spoil your face now. You sabi say if you frown, the sun go begin dey cry?"

"Shittu, where you hear that one again?" She said, smiling a bit.

"I heard it from someone."

"Who?"

"Guess who?"

"Tell me jare."

"From him." Shittu said, pointing to his chest.

"Shittu, you don start again, abeg no whine me." Cassie smiled a bit brightly.

"Its okay, sha take care of yourself," Shittu said. "How is Adedayo?"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rhyllo: 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
KipUp d gud Work #Waaa Gbayi bi Mandela
Re: Circle Of Three. by cingelai(f): 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
KUDOS TO OUR YOUNGEST CHINUA ACHÉBE ND WOLE SOYINKA more ink 4 ur pen and more mb 2 ur fone
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
cingelai: KUDOS TO OUR YOUNGEST CHINUA ACHÉBE ND WOLE SOYINKA more ink 4 ur pen and more mb 2 ur fone

Awww... Am so touched by the comparisons.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
Apologies for not updating since. I traveled back to school and have been busy. I should drop something before tomorrow.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
Tears filled her eyes as she was forced to remember her recently broken relationship. Shittu on the other hand, was amazed and surprised at what happened but asked no questions as he hugged her, telling her that its okay. When she gathered herself back, she told him what happened between them.

"Such is life, Cassie. We plan a lot of things but situations come up and push them away from us. Just don't allow this affect your exams, for that will be quite bad."

She nodded her head in agreement before rushing to Zoology department, Shittu watching her go.

#############################

Meanwhile, Don was in prison talking to his boss, or rather ex-boss. He explained everything, including the Linda part to him. The worries on the older man's face told him that the situation was grave.

"Don, what have you done since then?" He asked, caressing his brow.

Don looked a bit surprised at the question, even though he knew that he should keep a low profile, that question looked a bit drastic.

The pause from Don was beginning to baffle the older man, who could not imagine that Don could not answer such a simple question.

"Well, I am talking to you now, doesn't that count as something?" He told his boss.

"Is that all? You mean you have not made plans of leaving Ife, have you?" " Common, you can't be that naive, Don. Don't you know that the NDLEA will not rest til they get you? And take this word as a promise from me, somebody from your side will spill where you hide and that will be the end of you."

"What's your advice, then?"

"Do you really need to be advised?" The older man gasped in shock, not knowing whether a heavy slap into his skull will wake Don up. "Leave the town, in fact leave the whole of Osun state and hide in some village in Ekiti or Ondo. In fact as you are leaving here, hide in another state. Don't return to Ife, you understand? Am sure the place will be crawling by now with operatives."

"Thanks boss." Don said before leaving. As he put his key into the ignition, he told himself to disregard the warning. If only he knew...
Re: Circle Of Three. by Queening(f): 6:51am On Aug 25, 2014
Nyc story more mb 2 ur phone but was it not shittu dat ganged up against comfort with tunji

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

12 Novels Considered The “Greatest Books Ever Written” / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature / That Night In My Best Friend’s Bed (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.