Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Circle Of Three. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Circle Of Three. (33266 Views)

In The Circle Of Commotion / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / “Conspiracy Of Lagos” Chronicles The Vicious Circle Of Lagos Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
LarrySun:
I'm so sorry. I've been quite busy.

No problem bro. Hope say body dey ok sha?
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Comfort ran towards him like a magnet, as Cassie and Courage watched. Courage eyed Tunji for a bit before disapprovingly facing her books, while Cassie and Ade continued their talk.

'Xup Cassie.' Tunji said fluently, as Cassie formed 'fake blushes'.

'Fine boy, how your side?' She commented while shaking his outstretched hands. He also greeted Ade, before saying a quick hi to Courage. It was evident that Courage disliked him.

Comfort applied her eye lashes and quickly dragged Tunji away.
'See your girls later.' Tunji managed to say before he was dragged away by Comfort.

'Courage, what do you have against Tunji?' Cassie asked her obviously busy roommate.

'I don't have anything against him, he just looks a bit fishy.'

'And a bit untrue.' Ade added.

Hmn, Ade, do you know him?

'Not that well, but I have seen him around my hostel. He has this carriage like that of a 'yahoo' boy and I don't trust him. Just hope Comfort knows what she is doing.'

'Ok o. I see him as a cool guy.'

'As cool as me?' Ade asked with a tinge of jealousy.

'Nooo, my love, I only have eyes for you. You are the coolest guy I know.'

'Ok, loverbirds, I don dey waka. Close door before una begin dey smooch unaself for room.'

Ade opened his mouth wide as Cassie quickly sent her roomie out of the room, locked the door and walked back to Ade.

'What was that about?'

'Don't mind her, she always think that once a guy and his girlfriend are alone in a place, sex is bound to happen. Abi you wan smooch me?'

'Lol.' He replied but his body language said otherwise.

'I don't mind a kiss though,' he said and moved to kiss Cassie.

A knock came through the door.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 8:19am On Jul 26, 2014
Cassie wanted to ignore it and was going to hold Ade's bum-bum when the knock came in again, pissing off both of them.

'Who wants to break the door?' "Am naked oh!". Cassie said, obviously trying to scare the person away.

"Jesus!" 'Cassie, how many minutes did I leave here and you are naked already.' Courage's voice streamed in.

Cassie rushed to open the door, while Ade was shaking his head, knowing that the fun has ended.

'Ehen! So you hot reach that level? Na God talk say make I forget my biro.' Courage said as she entered and eyed Ade.

'No, its not like that, I wanted to scare the person by saying that am naked. Abi I resemble person wey just 'sharpaly' remove cloth?'

'Half of your boobs are showing.' Courage replied while picking her biro.

'Sorry for spoiling your show.' She mockingly apologised to Aden then she walked out.

'I have to be going. 'Ade suddenly said as Cassie readjusted her cloth.

'Why now, she has left, let's talk a bit.' She offered, but he declined politely, mentioned something about a rehearsal he was to go for and then went away.

Cassie spent the next hour wondering what could have happened, while taking a sneak look at the book Ade got for her. She then took a look at herself.

For a lady like herself, she was not doing bad. Her parents, who owned a large construction firm before they died, made a will to pass every of their shares to her, so that their hold on the company won't be lost. Despite the many appealing offers from other shareholders, she refuse to sell the shares, even when the company recorded some losses. It was all down to the determination of her lawyer ( her parents lawyer to be precise) that she still held the company in her grasp.

Her parents wealth, coupled with her lovely body that had a waist-line that guys died for, a sizeable backyard and frontage, sexy hips and a beautiful face to complete it, made guys chase her everywhere. Her coursemates, her senior students in school, other guys from other departments. Even a popular musician tried his luck at her.

All failed, until she met Ade.

She remembered meeting him in the library, on a particular seat day after day. He spoke intelligently and bidded his time by been friends with her. They gisted and flowed as the chemistry was strong between them. When Ade proposed a relationship, she could not say no.

As she thought of all this, Courage entered into the room.

With a man.

1 Like

Re: Circle Of Three. by Feraz(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
Registering for classes. Apologies I'm late!
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
Where did my people go to?
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
Feraz-san, thanks jare. I will dedicate the next update to you.
Feraz: Registering for classes. Apologies I'm late!
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dedicated to Feraz.

Cassie looked at the guy ( or man), whose face and features told the story of an Igbo guy who hustles and then faced Courage who dropped her books.

'Kenneth, this is one of my roomies, her name is Cassie.'

'Cassie, meet Kenneth.'

'Hello, Cassie.' Kenneth said, extending his large hand to her for a handshake.

'Hi, Ken.' She replied, smiling back which resonated to a smile from Ken.

'He is cute sha.' She thought loudly while looking at his clothes.

Ken then excused himself out of the room, leaving Courage to her roommate.

Cassie eyed her keenly for almost an hour, while Courage uncomfortably cooked indoime and ate. While eating, she still noticed the stare.

'Cassie!'

'Courage!'

She had said nothing but her eyes told Courage all her mouth wanted to say.

'He is a friend.'

'Its a lie, Courage. Haba! If na Comfort bring guy come now, you go talk another thing.'

'Abeg no bring comparisions between me and Comfort. Can't I bring a friend to my place?'
Re: Circle Of Three. by Feraz(m): 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
The story line is getting interesting. I have some predictions here but let's see how this story plays out.

Arigato gozaimasu!!!

ありがと
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dedicated to Feraz

'Where did you meet your 'man-friend'?' Cassie asked.

'You are beginning to sound like you are my mom. Abeg free me.'

'Reverend Sister, I greet you.'

When Courage did not answer, Cassie moved closely and whispered something to her ear.

'Cassie, you don kolo, which kind thought be that one? Someone wey I just meet for library two weeks ago.'

'Ehen, I don get the answer I wan hear. But come oh, two weeks too short na! You no even allow am reach one month.'

'Abeg, Ken is just a friend.'

'A friend indeed! Wait til Comfort hears this!'

'Abeg no tell am.' Courage said, carrying a remorseful face.

'I go tell am jare, unless you give me part of that indomie wey you dey chop.'

'But e don finish.'

"Na your luck be that!" Cassie said triumphantly.

Courage, washed her dishes, then arranged her corner and went to bed. Cassie waited for Comfort but by 11pm she had not arrived.

'Ha, wetin do this girl today? Abi she don go sleep for Tunji's house?' Cassie thought, battling hard not to sleep.

By 11.30, she had not returned. Cassie was about to wake a sleeping Courage up, when Comfort walked in.

'Good evening girls!'

'Where are you coming from? Don't you see the time?'

'Abeg, abeg, you no be my mama, no carry you own disturb me.'

'Ehen, I dey disturb you abi? Make you call me say you need my help over any party, I no go answer you.'

'Abeg no vex na. Na play I dey play.'

'Which kin play be that? You no sabi say I go dey worried?'

'No vex. Na Tunji carry me go Diganga for one party after we chop for Mr Biggs.'

'I thought you were going to Guess?'

'Tunji changed his mind. Wo, that party rocked. Enough drinks, plenty small chops and better DJ. Olamide even showed up.'

'Eh, Olamide ke?' Cassie asked.' Which one?'

'The one wey be your classmate.' Comfort answered.

Cassie hissed. 'What kind of drinks were served?'

'Exotic drinks, local drinks like Sminoff, Don Simon were also present and of course, Henessy.'

'Abeg I wan sleep jare. Thank God say I see you sha. Good night.'

'Good night.'
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
Feraz: The story line is getting interesting. I have some predictions here but let's see how this story plays out.

Arigato gozaimasu!!!

ありがと

You sha dey follow me for back. Thank you jare.
Re: Circle Of Three. by kingphilip(m): 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
ok interesting keep them coming
btw happy sunday
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
The rest of the week went without any incident, Cassie and Courage faced their studies while Comfort, despite her party nature, mixed the two sides together.

Two weeks later, Comfort came in a gleeful manner.

'Comfort wetin happen?' Cassie asked.

'Guess who I see Courage with today?'

Cassie acted like she did not know, but she suspected it was Ken.

'I saw Courage with a guy.'
'So what's special about that? She no fit get male friends?'

'Ah, this one pass male friend. If you see the way she was happy eh, e be like say she don fall in love.'

'Eh, e good for am.'

'But I go disturb am tire eh,She dey form holy, holy for us. Meanwhile she dey toast better guy for school.'

'Na the guy dey toast am oh.'

'Na she jare, you no sabi say plenty ways dey to toast a guy.'

While Comfort and Cassie were arguing about Men, Courage was walking along Moremi Car park, hand in hand with Kenneth.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
'Ken, you dey funny eh, which one concern you with that girl now?' Courage said, giggling along.

'I can't help but to laugh now, you need to see the embarrassment she suffered from those guys. Shame no even allow am take him bag back.' Ken continued.

He then noticed some guys watching from a distance. From the Archi studio to be precise.

His face showed concern, he however changed it back to the cheerful mien it had a few seconds ago, just before Courage could notice.

'Erm, Courage, I need to check a friend at Awo hall.' He said casually.

The guys watching were now calling a number.

'Anything? you seem worried.'

'Nothing jare. i just forgot something with him.'

As Ken was trying to dismiss Courage, he saw the guys walk away as a bike carrying a lady stopped in the car park right in front of them.

The lady came down from the bike and landed a 'Thunder' slap on Kenneth.

'There is the 'holding' style,' Comfort said using a bunk to demonstrate. 'The girl go just dey hold the guy's hand like say them be dates already. Na so i see Courage do with Bro Ken.'

'Hmnn, you don give am name.'

'Then there is the eye-lashes trick. The girl go just dey do eye like traffic light for school, turning on and off.'

'Ok'

'There is the 'head on chest' method and finally there is the 'naked down' method for desperate cases.'

'Or Desperate girls.' Cassie thought to herself

Cassie phone started blinking and ringing, showing a call from someone.

She looked at it and saw Courage's name.
Re: Circle Of Three. by kingphilip(m): 7:45am On Jul 28, 2014
hope Ken isn't in trouble sha
Mike nice one jare ride on
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
Dedicated to Kingphilip.

'So, Ken this is how you cheat on me with cheap girls like this one, eh Ken?'

'Linda, she is just a friend, nothing serious.'

'Indeed, she has been with you for two hours. Two hours Ken!'

'We read together.Stop been delusional, Linda.' It was really beginning to annoy Ken.

'Courage was getting angry, enough anger to start burning her hair.'

'So its this cheap 'thing' you want to read with?' Linda continued.

'Hey, Hey, watch your mouth!' Courage said loudly

'So the 'thing' has the a.......'

The rest of the statement was lost in two quicksilver slaps Courage sent to her.

'See, am not your mate, nor am I after your boyfriend, If you are too deaf to listen to what he says, don't be too daft to understand what am saying.'

'Eh? You slapped me?' Linda said before attempting to slap Courage. Courage, who have fought boys before dodged her attempt before kicking her on her boobs. Linda was down and Courage pulled back.

'YEEH! You beat me?' Linda stood up, throwing sand to Courage's eyes before attacking her, with Ken looking on, frustrated.

'Ok, Ok, am coming there now.' Cassie ended the call.

'Wetin happen?' Comfort asked.

'Somebody dey fight Courage for Moremi Car park.'

'Eh? Oya make we dey go.'

Comfort said, dashing to the bathroom with some clothes, before emerging out in world record time with a blouse and a knicker. She then carried a pestle and approach Cassie.

'Wetin you wan use that one do?'

'I wan pound the head of the i.diot wey dey beat Courage. Comfort said fuming. I dey enter Okada.'
Re: Circle Of Three. by kingphilip(m): 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
lol this is hilarious
Na pounded yam she wan go pound?
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
kingphilip: lol this is hilarious

The kin thing dey make me laugh sef. Some girls are crazy.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Agybabe(f): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
If you ask me, I'd say this is so cool, fun and a great job.

Btw, I'm still following
Re: Circle Of Three. by Tannie(f): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
kingphilip: lol this is hilarious

You brought me here. Btw don't try some babez oh, they can be mean.

Op nice work. Following bumper to bumper
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 3:16am On Jul 29, 2014
Comfort dashed to Road One like a mad woman chasing a man, crossed it and stopped a bike. Cassie who was some metres behind called her name but could not stop the bike from zooming off with Comfort on it.

'Na wa o.' Cassie said to herself before calmly crossing the road.

Courage stood with arm akimbo, looking menacing. She had some dust on her hair and her clothes were a bit dirty, but she was fine. Linda, on the other hand, had her wig removed, showing a bald head,richly reflecting the sun's glory,dust on her body,a few cuts and a partially torn cloth.

'This show of shame must never happen again, do you understand?' The hall warden warned. 'How can two beautiful ladies like you be fighting publicly over a man that may not marry any of you. Is any of you over thirty? Am asking you.' She said.

'No ma.'

'Then why are you fighting, instead of reading your books and becoming wonderful women in the future. That is how some of you disgrace womanhood in this country.' Some onlookers nodded their heads.

'I must not hear of this again, you hear me?' She dismissed them.

As the crowd dispersed, Ken bumped into a guy.

'Justus how far?'

'Ken Da money? How are you?'

'Justus how now?' Courage greeted.

'Iwe! Ken, you wan get 5 points for this semester,abi?'

'Na so oh!'

'Wetin happen for here?' Justus asked, after noticing the dispersing crowd.

'Na wetin Linda cause oh!'

'Linda again?'

'She saw me with Courage, na so she come dey insult am, fight com start.'

'Eeehen!'

'E bad reach say hall warden come enter matter, seperate them, com warn them.'

'Eyah,Courage no vex abeg. At least e no fit worse reach that one.'

Ken saw Comfort coming down from the bike. 'Justus, e fit enter terrible now.'
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 3:17am On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks. Welcome to my thread.
Tannie:

You brought me here. Btw don't try some babez oh, they can be mean.

Op nice work. Following bumper to bumper
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
'She dey come here oh!' Justus observed.

'Chei! Which kin day be this eh, God? Like say wetin don happen never do.'

Courage, who have been fumbling with her bag, suddenly saw Comfort.

'Girl, how far now? Which party you wan pound yam for?'

'Na for the winch wey dey for you drag man.'

'Nobody dey follow me drag anybody. Na mistake she do.'

'She don comot sha.'

'Chei! I for beat am sotay, na teaching hospital she go land.' Comfort said as Cassie joined them.

'Comfort! Comfort!! You head don come down abi? the one wey you dey rush as if the world go end.'

'Abeg, Abeg, free me. E dey pain me say I no see am.'

Courage then introduced her roomies to Ken and Justus, with Comfort inspecting Ken.

'So na because of you, someone dey beat my friend. Heh, better warn am oh! Comfort said menacingly.'

'Abeg no vex, na my girlfriend.'

'Hmnn..... Warn am oh!'

'I am going, Ken. Later.'

'Courage, please don't be angry, eh, please.'

'I dey vex for you? am not angry jare'

'Tell me that am forgiven.' Ken and Justus said, kneeing down.

'Abeg, Abeg, stand up, E no reach that level.'

'Thank you.'

As they left, Ken turned to Justus.

'I don tire for Linda, I am going to Father Nick.'
Re: Circle Of Three. by ESIXLOVE: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
when carrying a mortar pestle to a battle field, two things are involved.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Coolval22com: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Following
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
Coolval22com: Following

Oga, I greet you.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
Why is my work disappearing?
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 9:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
'So wetin happen, Courage?' Comfort asked.

Cassie looked at Courage attentively.

'Okay, I was gisting with Ken, na so she carry bike come, she com dey insult Ken, dey talk say I be 'cheap thing'. I wan correct am, she no wan hear word, na so I dash am slap.'

'Well done jare!' Comfort said, smashing her hands to Courage's hands.

'Na so fight start.'

Ken walked his way to the Catholic Church hoping to see Father Nick.

'Father Nick, Good Afternoon.'

'Good Afternoon Ken, Linda reported me to you.'
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
'Father, am tired of Linda. She is too possessive, always embarrassing any girl with me. She spies on me, checks my movement as if am her slave and disgraces me in public.'

'Ken, be patient with her.'

'Father, why should I? The latest episode affected my reading partner who I met two weeks ago. She came with a bike and fought the poor lady in Moremi hall Car park, that was after insulting me.'

'Father, my freedom of movement is hindered, her jealously and lack of trust follows me at every turn, am tired of her. She should carry her money and go, I don't need her help again.'

'Kenneth, think about it and tell me your decision.'

'Okay Father.'
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:24am On Jul 30, 2014
Cassie yawned. It was 10pm and yet, her MAC 311 assignment stared at her unfinished. Courage and Comfort had already slept, and the room was stark dark. NEPA had done the usual and her rechargeable lamp was the only shining object in the room.

She tapped Courage on her head and on her waist, Courage refused to wake up. She did same to Comfort and the same result occured. Feeling naughty, she decided to do something.

There was a dead snake, recently killed by the maiguard around. Cassie had a plan.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Tannie(f): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2014
Why are the updates short? Pls increase the lenght
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tannie: Why are the updates short? Pls increase the lenght

sorry about that, Network things
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
She went to the back of the house, lamp in hand as she went to pick the dead snake. She then came back to the room, put the snake on Courage's body and tapped her violently, shouting 'Snake! Snake!!"

Courage turned and suddenly jumped out of her bed in fear as the snake fell down. She was about to scream when she realised that it was dead. Cassie, in the meantime, was laughing.

'See as you run. Oole'( weakling)

'What do you mean by that, Cassie? See as you disrupted my sleep. Is that your sorry?'

'E yah, sorry oh'

Courage hissed as she settled back to sleep. Cassie, still awake, tried to stir her back to alertness.

'Courage abeg borrow me your biro.'

When Courage did not budge, she continued bothering her until she woke up.

'Cassie, abeg leave me. I no sabi the spirit wey dey chase you.'

'Na spirit dey chase you. Abeg borrow me your biro.'

'Na so dem dey ask for biro? I no give you.'

'Oya please now.'

Shey you go leave me alone if i give you.

Yes.

Courage stood up and dragged her bag and brought out her biro

'Please return am oh!' Courage said in between yawning.

Cassie received the biro,continued writing and realised that she was too tired to push on.

She pushed the assignment to the floor and slept.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Love, No Inhibitions / That Night In My Best Friend’s Bed (18+) / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.