Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345559 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:56am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

You don't have to mention the Turks you know, we should stop seeing external tribes as yardstick
they are spread out, Muslims and used to be nomads too. I was just giving an example of the transformation the Fulbe went through when they adopted Islam and later on when they came into contact with Europeans.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 1:56am On Sep 16, 2014
Omarbah: Whoever sees this sister in Adamawa , let me know, I need to Holla, that is if she ain't married.

Don't worry I promise to hide her from both you and Bororojo (I'm kidding)
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 1:58am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

What alphabets did they use ?

Ajami
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:00am On Sep 16, 2014
Bororojo:

Him / her - o, mo
He / She - Kanko
They/Themselves - ɓe, eɓe, Kamɓe, Kamɓen, Kam'en
Ourselves- anen
Our- amin, men, meeɗen
Their - maɓɓe , muɓɓen, muuɗum'en.
Us - en, men, ɗen
You- a, an, on, onon, ma
Hers / his - makko, muuɗum
Your - mon, maaɗa, mooɗon
I/myself/us/we - min
herself/himself - Kam
We - minen, anen, enen, miɗen, min, men
Them - ɓe

I Havent even gone into details about which conditions warrant each use

Good job here you even went into further detail.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:01am On Sep 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

Ajami

Ajami is Arabic influenced and o believe it was done by Hausa no ?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:02am On Sep 16, 2014
What I'm really interested in are scientific words/phrases in Fulfulde/Pulaar.

I don't think they exist, correct me if i'm wrong

Dedirabe fulbe, noy dun wi'ite "magnetic shockwave" e demgal men?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:02am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Ajami is Arabic influenced and o believe it was done by Hausa no ?

It was done in many West African languages my brother.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 2:03am On Sep 16, 2014
Fulaman198: What I'm really interested in are scientific words/phrases in Fulfulde/Pulaar.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:04am On Sep 16, 2014
Bororojo:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:08am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Okay so that means prior the Arabs you had no alphabet or script right? No texts/books either

Don't get me wrong I'm actually trying to find and know African ethnic group who developped their own script or alphabet without any external influence
So far only Ethiopian

The Touaregs have their Tiffnagh alphabet
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

The Touaregs have their Tiffnagh alphabet

According to M.C.A. MacDonald, the Tuareg are "an entirely oral society in which memory and oral communication perform all the functions which reading and writing have in a literate society… The Tifinagh are used primarily for games and puzzles, short graffiti and brief messages."

Also, the Tuaregs didn't develop Tifinagh.... it came from coastal North Africa, who in turn got it from the Phoenicians.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:14am On Sep 16, 2014
Bororojo:

Also, the Tuaregs didn't develop Tifinagh.... it came from coastal North Africa, who in turn got it from the Phoenicians.

Thank you for the correction bro

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:19am On Sep 16, 2014
Ok Bororojo, take care I have to go brother
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:26am On Sep 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

It was done in many West African languages my brother.

Still arabic influenced

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:32am On Sep 16, 2014
Fulaman198: What I'm really interested in are scientific words/phrases in Fulfulde/Pulaar.

this guy Hamadi Jah is really into science. He translates multiple scientific terms into fulfulde and writes articles from time to time on it and post it on peeral. com.
Here is his blog if you are interested. http://hammadi-jah.skyrock.com/3218265711-Ayaawu-habrirde.html

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:45am On Sep 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

Don't worry I promise to hide her from both you and Bororojo (I'm kidding)
LOL I know you are , I have a sense of humor you know. grin
You'll hide her from Bororojo , not from me.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:39am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Still arabic influenced

You are right without a doubt my brother
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Omarbah:
this guy Hamadi Jah is really into science. He translates multiple scientific terms into fulfulde and writes articles from time to time on it and post it on peeral. com.
Here is his blog if you are interested. http://hammadi-jah.skyrock.com/3218265711-Ayaawu-habrirde.html

Wow what an awesome website. If I open up a Fulani engineering school I need to know this terminology.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Omarbah:
LOL I know you are , I have a sense of humor you know. grin
You'll hide her from Bororojo , not from me.

I will somehow find a way to create a cloaking device
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hey CAMNEWTON4PRES, is there a large community of Fulanis in the important cities of Cameroon like Douala or Yaounde?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:48am On Sep 17, 2014
Omarbah: Hey CAMNEWTON4PRES, is there a large community of Fulanis in the important cities of Cameroon like Douala or Yaounde?

I think there is a semi-large Fulani population in Yaoundé. Not too sure about Douala.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by keandre: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
i like this tribe sha,esp. their musics,i like this very song they mentioned sumtin abt nigeria,goodluck jonathan,mostly played on bbc fulaman198 cn u gimme link to it wanna dwnload?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
keandre: i like this tribe sha,esp. their musics,i like this very song they mentioned sumtin abt nigeria,goodluck jonathan,mostly played on bbc fulaman198 cn u gimme link to it wanna dwnload?

I'm not too sure if I'm familiar with the song you are referring to bro sorry about that.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fulaman198:

I think there is a semi-large Fulani population in Yaoundé. Not too sure about Douala.

I actually think our population in Douala is larger than that in Yaounde.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Bororojo:

I actually think our population in Douala is larger than that in Yaounde.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
What was Allah/GOD called in the pre Islamic times among by Fulbe?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Omarbah: What was Allah/GOD called in the pre Islamic times among by Fulbe?

Geno

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fulaman198:

Geno
See I only learn that with my research. Do you guys still use it or did you learn it from the nomads? We use Tagudo, or Jomiraawo, but most Fulbe of Guinea of my generation would not know what Geno is.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
what I don't know is the actual religion we used to practice. I have heard Ampathe Ba mention "Kumen" during one of his interviews I watched but that's about it.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
Omarbah:
See I only learn that with my research. Do you guys still use it or did you learn it from the nomads? We use Tagudo, or Jomiraawo, but most Fulbe of Guinea of my generation would not know what Geno is.

We use Jomirawo as well and Allah, the first time I have heard of Geno being used was from a Senegalese Fulani.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
Omarbah: what I don't know is the actual religion we used to practice. I have heard Ampathe Ba mention "Kumen" during one of his interviews I watched but that's about it.

I don't know of the pre-Islamic religion as well and I'm trying to find it out. I think that the customs that some Mbororo'en partake in may have some clues.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
Fulaman198:

I don't know of the pre-Islamic religion as well and I'm trying to find it out. I think that the customs that some Mbororo'en partake in may have some clues.
Here is a link that might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1z_nLaAHo4&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.