Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345520 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:00am On Sep 14, 2014
Omarbah:
I like it. Sokoto is a must see for me if I go to Nigeria.

You will definitely be welcomed as a Pullo dimo
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 2:56am On Sep 14, 2014
Omarbah:
I like it. Sokoto is a must see for me if I go to Nigeria.

Someone who went there, told me, it is actually one of the best cities in Northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 2:57am On Sep 14, 2014
On the Sokoto Caliphate

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
Good stuff

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
I came across this today. Fulanis of Niger

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
^^ Wonderfulness!!!!!

Beautiful lady and best Kossam- a combination like no other....

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Bororojo: ^^ Wonderfulness!!!!!

Beautiful lady and best Kossam- a combination like no other....

Are you sure that's not you and debbo ma?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Fulaman198:

Are you sure that's not you and debbo ma?

Well, I kinda wish we were the ones in the pic...

lol!... se that natural beauty, no make up, nothing artificiiall.....
at least one can be sure that what you see in the day, is the same thing you will see early the next morning..... wink

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
Bororojo:

Well, I kinda wish we were the ones in the pic...

lol!... se that natural beauty, no make up, nothing artificiiall.....
at least one can be sure that what you se in the day, is the same thing you will see early the next morning..... wink

Yah I hope we can both find wives like that cheesy (verry hopeful).

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
Pullo Bodaado. (to leydi caad)

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
Fulaman198:

Yah I hope we can both find wives like that cheesy (verry hopeful).

We are Fulbe....
they shouldn't be too hard to find......

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
Bororojo:

We are Fulbe....
they shouldn't be too hard to find......

Wala mi andi! A haali gonga derdam,
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:17am On Sep 15, 2014
question brothers, does the new Emir of Kano speak Fulfulde? I heard it identify as Fulani.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:24am On Sep 15, 2014
Omarbah: question brothers, does the new Emir of Kano speak Fulfulde? I heard it identify as Fulani.

You mean Lamido Sanusi? I don't know and to be honest with you I don't think so. I have never heard him speak Fulfulde. I know that he can speak Hausa for sure, he speaks perfectly accented English with a hint of a British accent. He's very educated. I don't think he can speak Fulfulde though even though he may be ethnically Fulani. Maybe Bororojo knows better than me on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:38am On Sep 15, 2014
Fulaman198:

You mean Lamido Sanusi? I don't know and to be honest with you I don't think so. I have never heard him speak Fulfulde. I know that he can speak Hausa for sure, he speaks perfectly accented English with a hint of a British accent. He's very educated. I don't think he can speak Fulfulde though even though he may be ethnically Fulani. Maybe Bororojo knows better than me on this matter.
yep Lamido Sanusi, I was really proud when he made TIME 100.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:41am On Sep 15, 2014
Omarbah:
yep Lamido Sanusi, I was really proud when he made TIME 100.

Yeah, he's very bright and educated. He is the kind of leader in my opinion that Nigeria needs. He is always talking about progression and I would like to see how he would do if he was a president. He is a very "we can do it" kind of mindset. He's soft-spoken and kind. A complete intellectual. Whether Nigeria will elect a leader like him, that I can't tell you with absolute confidence.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:47am On Sep 15, 2014
Fulaman198:

Yeah, he's very bright and educated. He is the kind of leader in my opinion that Nigeria needs. He is always talking about progression and I would like to see how he would do if he was a president. He is a very "we can do it" kind of mindset. He's soft-spoken and kind. A complete intellectual. Whether Nigeria will elect a leader like him, that I can't tell you with absolute confidence.
He had a Tedx talk about vested interests in Nigeria and the need to confront them if any chance to status quo is to occur. I thought he was brave to say such things in public. I guess due to his royal background he is not afraid of power.
I doubt he will become president though, he is Emir, I think he prefer to remain in the North, unfortunately.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:54am On Sep 15, 2014
Omarbah:
He had a Tedx talk about vested interests in Nigeria and the need to confront them if any chance to status quo is to occur. I thought he was brave to say such things in public. I guess due to his royal background he is not afraid of power.
I doubt he will become president though, he is Emir, I think he prefer to remain in the North, unfortunately.

You are absolutely right brother. In any case I need to go and find my bed, good night brother.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
has anyone of you ever listened to Quran translated in Fulfulde? I remember three years reading about, they had a ceremony in Yola, Adamawa
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
Omarbah: has anyone of you ever listened to Quran translated in Fulfulde? I remember three years reading about, they had a ceremony in Yola, Adamawa

I have heard of it but never actually tried to indulge in it. I will look into though soon. One of my other Nigerian non-Fulani friends tried to give me a bible in Fulfulde and I politely rejected it and told him sincerely, it's ok don't worry about it. I didn't want to cause any trouble and offend him. He has been trying to convert me because he believes I'm open-minded. But it will never happen ROFL.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
A Pullo ought to be a Muslim, sorry but I am not open minded when it comes to that. angry

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
There is actually nothing wrong in reading the bible........ Islam even encourages the quest for knowledge... smiley
Infact, some of the best translation works from English or French into Fulfulde has been in the form of Complete Fufulde bibles. I find this amazing, considering the fact that the bible is even bigger than the Qur'aan.

For a starter who would like to learn Fulfulde, that could be a good place to start... comparing the English/French texts in the bible to the corresponding verses in Fulfulde. from there one could easily pick up so many words, and master the very complex rules of Fulfulde such as the complex pronoun system, Consonant mutations in their plural forms, etc......

if i start listing the number of pronouns that exist in Fulfulde here, some people might be shocked...... starting from simple ones like O and On to ones like Muudum'en.....
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
Bororojo: There is actually nothing wrong in reading the bible........ Islam even encourages the quest for knowledge... smiley
Infact, some of the best translation works from English or French into Fulfulde has been in the form of Complete Fufulde bibles. I find this amazing, considering the fact that the bible is even bigger than the Qur'aan.

For a starter who would like to learn Fulfulde, that could be a good place to start... comparing the English/French texts in the bible to the corresponding verses in Fulfulde. from there one could easily pick up so many words, and master the very complex rules of Fulfulde such as the complex pronoun system, Consonant mutations in their plural forms, etc......

if i start listing the number of pronouns that exist in Fulfulde here, some people might be shocked...... starting from simple ones like O and On to ones like Muudum'en.....
let's do it smiley

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
I don't mind reading the bible either but I do mind the conversion .
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
Omarbah: I don't mind reading the bible either but I do mind the conversion .

Okay, who starts? wink

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pronouns Subjects
Mi I
A you, singular or for a friend
O He or she
En this is more like the On of the french.
Men We
On You, plural and for parents and elderly people
Be They. Also used when referring to parents, elderly people or respectable people.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Excuse me OmarBah, but men is more like "our"

Mayo men - Our river
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
Omarbah: A Pullo ought to be a Muslim, sorry but I am not open minded when it comes to that. angry

yah I agree
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fulaman198: Excuse me OmarBah, but men is more like "our"

Mayo men - Our river
Let say you are on the phone with someone who is giving you directions to her house. Once you get there you say :
Men hewti or Men ari

Now when you want to leave and you ask your friends if they would like to leave you say :
En yahay ?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
"Men" could also be used in the context you mentioned.
For example you are talking to a fellow Pullo about the Senegal river and saying it is ours. You could say
Senegal ko mayo men.

If you are talking to another person other than a Pullo, you say Senegal ko mayo amen. The "amen" excludes the person you are talking to.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
honnto where
honnde When
honno How
hommbo Who

Jelu How much
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pronouns Objects
Min
an
Kanko(Him)
kaƱun ( him and her with something else)
en (us)
Kam6e (them)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.