Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March (57775 Views)

Russian Man Nails Own Testicles In Protest Against Crackdown On Political Rights / Two Nigerians Arrested At The JKIA ,KENYA With Cocaine Worth USD 209,668 / British Woman Arrested In Dubai For Having Sex In A Taxi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Batman123: 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ashantiking:

The police is wrong for arresting them no matter what flag they were displaying. They need to release them ASAP. Ghana is a free country. As long as it was a peaceful protest they have the right to protest.
I agree with you here my brother. There was no reason to arrest these men at all.

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
Edygrin: Your economy is always in crisis. The energy you are putting in to hate on Nigeria, Use that energy and do something useful in ghana and watch your cursed economy grow.
our economy is always in crisis? yet only 52% of our people live on $2 a day, compared with 90% for crisis-free shitnigeria. our economy is always in crisis yet life expectancy is 64 years, compared with 52 years for your dustbin country. our economy is in crisis yet the vast majority of our youths are gainfully employed while your dustbin country has youths indulging in crime as a result of lack of jobs. you remember the episode when one million applicants lined up in abuja and the rest of the country for 10 vacancies and people got crushed to death? grin our economy is always in crisis yet we provide free feeding for our young children across the country, something your dustbin country can't afford to do. do I continue..........................? grin grin grin grin grin fuckeduppedness grin

our economy is in crisis yet our police and the rest of the civil service are better paid than crisis-free shitnigeria. you need to get rid of the generator fumes in your brain

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Edygrin(m): 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: our economy is always in crisis? yet only 52% of our people live on $2 a day, compared with 90% for crisis-free shitnigeria. our economy is always in crisis yet life expectancy is 64 years, compared with 52 years for your dustbin country. our economy is in crisis yet the vast majority of our youths are gainfully employed while your dustbin country has youths indulging in crime as a result of lack of jobs. you remember the episode when one million applicants lined up in abuja and the rest of the country for 10 vacancies and people got crushed to death? grin our economy is always in crisis yet we provide free feeding for our young children across the country, something your dustbin country can't afford to do. do I continue..........................? grin grin grin grin grin fuckeduppedness grin

our economy is in crisis yet our police and the rest of the civil service are better paid than crisis-free shitnigeria. you need to get rid of the generator fumes in your brain
I would really appreciate it if you could back-up your stats with a link or anything. My last word to you guys today : Stop living in self-denial. Good day
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
Batman123: I agree with you here my brother. There was no reason to arrest these men at all.
have you ever had foreigners join a protest in your country? did Ghanaians join the fuel protests in your country? and are nigerians the only foreigners in Ghana? how come only nigerians joined? not even our legitimate brothers from any of the neighbouring countries. look, those modafaka will be kobokolised till they learn not to poke-nose their amaia, abi na akpu-stained noses into Ghana's purely internal affair. arrant nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Batman123: 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: have you ever had foreigners join a protest in your country? did Ghanaians join the fuel protests in your country? and are nigerians the only foreigners in Ghana? how come only nigerians joined? not even our legitimate brothers from any of the neighbouring countries. look, those modafaka will be kobokolised till they learn not to poke-nose their amaia, abi na akpu-stained noses into Ghana's purely internal affair. arrant nonsense!
I am a Ghanaian and I have no qualms with foreigners joining a protest. If they want to join us I see no problem with that. I don't think these guys should have been arrested. Maybe they should not have gone with their flag as I think that was what escalated the matter but these guys have not committed a crime.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by antartica(m): 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: and you think Ghanaians living in nigeria "live freely?" hahahahahaha you obviously don't know what you are talking about. do you you know the amount of hate Ghanaians living in your dustbin country have to cope with? abeg park well ooooh.

I know a few ghaneans that have almost attained the status of chiefs in my town and it environs.They are very much at home in nigeria and can never think of going back to ghana where cave men like you live.

People like you have cave mentality and can never see the wider perspective of unity and development.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
Edygrin: I would really appreciate it if you could back-up your stats with a link or anything. My last word to you guys today : Stop living in self-denial. Good day
look at this ignoramus! you can't even goggle? fuckeduppedness

ever heard about the United Nations Human Development Index? hahahaha check it out before you open your smelly mouth to talk trash,huh? even countries such as Liberia fare better than your dustbin country grin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

120 million shitnigerians don't have access to electricity shocked I guess that is Ghana's fault,huh? https://www.nairaland.com/1314971/120m-nigerians-without-electricity-fg compare that with 70% of Ghanaians having access to electricity http://www.energymin.gov.gh/?p=346

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
Batman123: I am a Ghanaian and I have no qualms with foreigners joining a protest. If they want to join us I see no problem with that. I don't think these guys should have been arrested. Maybe they should not have gone with their flag as I think that was what escalated the matter but these guys have not committed a crime.
well, mate. I am also a Ghanaian. Unlike you, I have qualms about foreigners joining a protest in Ghana. can you, as a Ghanaian, go to nigeria and join them in their protest? as a matter of fact, I am going to look for the police station where those MUMU ediots are being held and give them my own beatings grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by fr3do(m): 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
How do u carry ur flag and protest in anoda man's country!
But the Ghanaian police is witchhunting

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Batman123: 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
londoner: I watched a news show fom Ghana this moning.

They mentioned this story.

The interviewer was speaking on the phone to one of the Ghanaian officials who ordered the arrest.

She kept asking what they had actually done, that was illegal, what law did they break by joining the protest.

The man kept avoiding answering. He just kept saying that the demo was for Ghanaians only and they are investigating the guys, to see if they have committed a crime to charge them for.

This is why I, as someone with Naija roots can never live in Ghana, or raise a family there.

Their crime is that they are Nigerian.....Nothing more, full stop.

That should be a lesson to all Nigerians,in Ghana.

It can never be your home, because they will not accept you, no matter how they smile with you, or how long you have lived in Ghana.
It's unfortunate that you have had such bad experiences. I really do not know what is it with these two countries in particular that seem to not gel well. I have had my own share of personal bad experiences just as you have with Nigerians(Long story) but I know that does not make all Nigerians bad just like it does not make all Ghana I and bad. Trust me you will find a lot of shallow minded people from both countries.

I would not recommend you moving to Ghana with your man (deduced from your write-up) but it's better to stay in the west with more liberal folks ( even though you will still find some bigots there). I have just come to accept things as it is. Ghanaians and Nigerians don't seem to like each other. You will find those who like and love Nigerians and vice versa but it seems to me those are in the minority. Those based abroad are much better than those based at home but you can still find bigots there
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Ashantiking: 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
I love e- war between Ghana and Nigeria but in this case I will stay out of it, because Ghana government and police are out of control and they were wrong for arresting the two Nigerian protestors.

We should all condemn human rights violation and in this case the two nigerian rights were violated.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by londoner: 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: well, mate. I am also a Ghanaian. Unlike you, I have qualms about foreigners joining a protest in Ghana. can you, as a Ghanaian, go to nigeria and join them in their protest? as a matter of fact, I am going to look for the police station where those MUMU ediots are being held and give them my own beatings grin grin grin

Of course anyone can join. I dont see anything wrong with showing solidarity. Neither would you if they were obroni/white.

When the #bringbackourgirls protests were happening, on Nigerian soil, did you not see non Nigerians?

Were they arrested or told to get away?

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by V0lv0(f): 4:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ghanaian police can be really full of sh1t too. Why did they arrest them. Honestly am so tired of all this sh1t between these two countries. It's damn tiring.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by IloveGH: 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: well, mate. I am also a Ghanaian. Unlike you, I have qualms about foreigners joining a protest in Ghana. can you, as a Ghanaian, go to nigeria and join them in their protest? as a matter of fact, I am going to look for the police station where those MUMU ediots are being held and give them my own beatings grin grin grin

@ bolded

*FALLS OFF CHAIR LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!* grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by NanaAmofah(m): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
I was prt of that demonstration and even our leaders who organised it are workin around the clock so they will release the nigerians.Now i think some of we africans are excuse me to say stupid. Why preaxh hatred between us. infact some of us should reason up.

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
londoner:

Of course anyone can join. I dont see anything wrong with showing solidarity. Neither would you if they were obroni/white.

When the #bringbackourgirls protests were happening, on Nigerian soil, did you not see non Nigerians?

Were they arrested or told to get away?

hahahaha no need to over flog this issue,huh? The Ghanaian police have declared their participation in the protest as illegal, so what is your problem? Or Ghanaians no longer have the right to determine what goes on in their own country again? we are not like you shitnigerians who worship white people,huh? what is wrong is wrong, whether you are black or green. we are a country founded on the rule of law. that is the fundamental difference between the two countries. one is a lawless jungle while the other upholds the rule of law tongue

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Ashantiking: 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: have you ever had foreigners join a protest in your country? did Ghanaians join the fuel protests in your country? and are nigerians the only foreigners in Ghana? how come only nigerians joined? not even our legitimate brothers from any of the neighbouring countries. look, those modafaka will be kobokolised till they learn not to poke-nose their amaia, abi na akpu-stained noses into Ghana's purely internal affair. arrant nonsense!

Santa I disagree with you on this issue. As long as they live in Ghana, the current situation also affects them so they have every right to protest. The police was wrong, I don't see how u can even defend them. Let's call a spade a spade. There's nothing in the constitution that says a foreigner can't protest in Ghana. Their human rights were violated.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by londoner: 5:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
NanaAmofah: I was prt of that demonstration and even our leaders who organised it are workin around the clock so they will release the nigerians.Now i think some of we africans are excuse me to say stupid. Why preaxh hatred between us. infact some of us should reason up.

Thank you my sister.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Ashantiking: 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
NanaAmofah: I was prt of that demonstration and even our leaders who organised it are workin around the clock so they will release the nigerians.Now i think some of we africans are excuse me to say stupid. Why preaxh hatred between us. infact some of us should reason up.

I agree 100%
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by londoner: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: hahahaha no need to over flog this issue,huh? The Ghanaian police have declared their participation in the protest as illegal, so what is your problem? Or Ghanaians no longer have the right to determine what goes on in their own country again? we are not like you shitnigerians who worship white people,huh? what is wrong is wrong, whether you are black or green. we are a country founded on the rule of law. that is the fundamental difference between the two countries. one is a lawless jungle while the other upholds the rule of law tongue

Oh ok, so there is a law in Ghana that says foreigners can show solidarity in protest.

Can you direct me to that law please. I would like to read it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ashantiking:

Santa I disagree with you on this issue. As long as they live in Ghana, the current situation also affects them so they have every right to protest. The police was wrong, I don't see how u can even defend them. Let's call a spade a spade.
are they the only foreigners living in Ghana? if the situation in Ghana is affecting them then why can't they go back to their country? after all it is a paradise and a land flowing with milk and honey,huh? Look, I live here in Accra and if I can locate where those MUMUs are being kept here in Accra, I will drive there and flog them myself. grin grin grin grin

can I ask you something? how much do you know about nigerians? have you lived in that country before? I know nigerians very well, but I don;t want to say more at this point. a few of them are good, but a vast majority of them are devils. I know them more than they even know themselves.

By the way, I am not just a average person who does not know what he/she is talking about. my accomplishments speak for themselves, trust me. fuckeduppedness grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
i started hating Ghanaians since i got into nairaland...

sadsadsad

these e-wars not helping at all
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
any rational person on nairaland knows the insults are not started by Ghanaians. so long as Ghanaians are not the ones starting the insults, I will always support whatever response Ghanaian come up with. or do people expect Ghanaians to keep quite when nigerians attack and insult them, often needlessly? hahahahaha that will never happen. We reserve the right to defend ourselves and our country- at least some of us recognise that. so long as nigerian behave themselves and stay in their lane, there will be no trouble.. but if they don't..........hahahahaha fuckeduppedness grin

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by SantaMafia: 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
Kizmarty: i started hating Ghanaians since i got into nairaland...

sadsadsad

these e-wars not helping at all
same here. I started hating shitnigerians when I got onto nairaland. I guess that makes you happy now,huh?

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by IloveGH: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ashantiking:

Santa I disagree with you on this issue. As long as they live in Ghana, the current situation also affects them so they have every right to protest. The police was wrong, I don't see how u can even defend them. Let's call a spade a spade. There's nothing in the constitution that says a foreigner can't protest in Ghana. Their human rights were violated.

Yes they have the right to protest but flying their flag is what got them into trouble. It's an indication that, they were representing their country to protest against another country's government, and that I believe is wrong. They should have just protested like everyone else without flying the green and white grin

Hope they have learned from their mistake cheesy

Lets just allow the police to do their job rather than criticizing them. If they are found to be innocent, they would be released.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
I love Nigerians. Truth be told, they trump us in every sector and make us feel insecure on a daily basis. Our jibe(s) at you stem from how insecure you make us feel. Nigerians, you are gods. We Ghanaians hereby bow down and worship you. We are your slaves, we are at your mercy...use us ,masters, please.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Ashantiking: 5:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
IloveGH:

Yes they have the right to protest but flying their flag is what got them into trouble. It's an indication that, they were representing their country to protest against another country's government, and that I believe is wrong. They should have just protested like everyone else without flying the green and white grin

Hope they have learned from their mistake cheesy

Lets just allow the police to do their job rather than criticizing them. If they are found to be innocent, they would be released.

Even if they were flying their flag, is still doesn't give the police the right to arrest them. They have every right to raise whatever flag. The police was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
there's this kind of *NOTICE ME* attitude with my Nigeria brothers... they want to be seen and heard anywhere they're... even in hell...

where they the only non Ghanaian

yet the question remains..."DID THEY BREAK A LAW "??

of course not...

bet me .if this was done in a western country we'll all be shouting RACISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this act by the police was absolutely wrong...inasmuch it was tagged a peaceful campaign...

Ghanaians /Nigerians here saying trash should quit it...
we all need to stop these senseless attitude of bashing each other..it makes no sense....

"stand with a man when he's right and leave him when he's wrong" ...Abraham Lincoln

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Ashantiking: 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: are they the only foreigners living in Ghana? if the situation in Ghana is affecting them then why can't they go back to their country? after all it is a paradise and a land flowing with milk and honey,huh? Look, I live here in Accra and if I can locate where those MUMUs are being kept here in Accra, I will drive there and flog them myself. grin grin grin grin

can I ask you something? how much do you know about nigerians? have you lived in that country before? I know nigerians very well, but I don;t want to say more at this point. a few of them are good, but a vast majority of them are devils. I know them more than they even know themselves.

By the way, I am not just a average person who does not know what he/she is talking about. my accomplishments speak for themselves, trust me. fuckeduppedness grin grin grin grin grin

It is a global village, Ghanaians are also living in other countries. These guys had every right to protest. I love Ghana and Ghanaians but I will not defend them when they are wrong. On this case they were wrong.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by lorRhyMeZ: 5:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ashantiking:

Stop it ebola is no joke, it is still killing people. As it stands Ghana hasn't recorded any death due to ebola but Nigeria has. So stop with the nonsense.

And was it a Nigerian dat died?
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by IloveGH: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ashantiking:

Even if they were flying their flag, is still doesn't give the police the right to arrest them. They have every right to raise whatever flag. The police was wrong.

You seem to know the law more than the police grin

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Joining Protest March by Ashantiking: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
Kizmarty: there's this kind of *NOTICE ME* attitude with my Nigeria brothers... they want to be seen and heard anywhere they're... even in hell...

where they the only non Ghanaian

yet the question remains..."DID THEY BREAK A LAW "??

of course not...

bet me .if this was done in a western country we'll all be shouting RACISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this act by the police was absolutely wrong...inasmuch it was tagged a peaceful campaign...

Ghanaians /Nigerians here saying trash should quit it...
we all need to stop these senseless attitude of bashing each other..it makes no sense....

"stand with a man when he's right and leave him when he's wrong" ...Abraham Lincoln

Cosign a mlion times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

World’s Oldest Ever Person’ Francisca Susano Dies At 124years ( Pics) / 50-Year-Old Indian Man Who Stopped Growing At Age 5 (Photos) / Royal Mint Unveils Image Of First King Charles Coin Following Queen's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.