Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636354 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tpia1: 12:14am On Jul 27, 2014

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kalimera101: 4:15am On Jul 27, 2014
The world inside is quiet and peaceful.

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by komek(m): 9:40am On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: Yea, thank God for the internet. What do you do when you are embarking on a long journey with strangers?

Most times I play my music with my ear phone on. But if there is an important discussion going on, I will just look and smile but wud find it so difficult to contribute. Another thing is sitting beside a fine girl, o boy na that one I dey fall hand pass o. I will just be looking at the girl stylishly from one side of the eye. I may be trying to speak to her but e go dey hard o, except the girl makes the first move. If she does, she go just loose me from the cage.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
Well, being an introvert aint easy, more difficult when you're a nerd. People think you're proud and full of yourself. I rarely talk to people in my class and I don't think I'll know their names till I graduate. When I first got to my hostel, people didn't even know the room was occupied. I can stay in our house for four days without opening the front door. Did I forget to say many people will hate you because they think you're proud and will tell their friends about your "evil deeds" so don't be suprised if someone you've not met hates you without any reason. I'm kinda shy and find it difficult relating with people I just met. However, I talk and joke a lot when I'm in the midst of my very close friends. So people who know only my silent side (course mates for example) are surprised when they see me talking in my inner caucus and they'll be like "so this dude can talk?". As a nerd, I'm on my pc or mobile most times and that increases my "introvertility" and you'll see people praying all kinds of evil prayers like "I pray you lose your laptop" etc. Being an introvert can be interesting especially if you don't give a damn about people or their opinions.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vick555(m): 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
Its really intresting, been an introvert, most times I see it as good than harm! For me, am always indoor, have more time to think straight, focus my energy in whatever I had in mind of doing! Friends just one! Though starting a conversation for me, aint difficult when am with a stranger. But I love a quiet live, quiet and calm people....when in mist of people, just remain calm...but if I had a nudge to speak, I just bolding but speak softly...just myself. Never let any extrovert intimidate me in conversation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Arsenate(m): 2:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
as an introvert, being alone doesn't necessarily mean being lonely. truth is most activities that thrill and excite my friends don't necessarily have similar effect on me. I always can't wait to take my leave whenever I find my self in a party or party- like places

14 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: Are you an introvert? If yes, this is the place to be.
What are some the challenges you encounter as an introvert and are you happy being an introvert?
P.S=> Extrovert- Keep Off.
Extro-Introvert nko i.e some of us that alternate ? cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by callola: 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
seems that u guys are talking about me. I hardly go out even if u invite me out i must find an excuse not to go. Thanks to internet, books and television. When i was still in school no one knows my name except few of my friends even off campus am always indoor

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
donroxy: Extro-Introvert nko i.e some of us that alternate ? cheesy

Partially introvertial you mean?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
komek:

Most times I play my music with my ear phone on. But if there is an important discussion going on, I will just look and smile but wud find it so difficult to contribute. Another thing is sitting beside a fine girl, o boy na that one I dey fall hand pass o. I will just be looking at the girl stylishly from one side of the eye. I may be trying to speak to her but e go dey hard o, except the girl makes the first move. If she does, she go just loose me from the cage.
lol. God help us.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SugaryBelle(f): 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hello dears

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
Djtm: Well, being an introvert aint easy, more difficult when you're a nerd. People think you're proud and full of yourself. I rarely talk to people in my class and I don't think I'll know their names till I graduate. When I first got to my hostel, people didn't even know the room was occupied. I can stay in our house for four days without opening the front door. Did I forget to say many people will hate you because they think you're proud and will tell their friends about your "evil deeds" so don't be suprised if someone you've not met hates you without any reason. I'm kinda shy and find it difficult relating with people I just met. However, I talk and joke a lot when I'm in the midst of my very close friends. So people who know only my silent side (course mates for example) are surprised when they see me talking in my inner caucus and they'll be like "so this dude can talk?". As a nerd, I'm on my pc or mobile most times and that increases my "introvertility" and you'll see people praying all kinds of evil prayers like "I pray you lose your laptop" etc. Being an introvert can be interesting especially if you don't give a damn about people or their opinions.
It seems that most introvert are funny and with a good sense of humour. They tend to exhibit this trait when they are in the means of their close associates.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
SugaryBelle: Hello dears
Hello! You wanna share your experience of being an introvert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SugaryBelle(f): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: Hello! You wanna share your experience of being an introvert?
yep.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
SugaryBelle: yep.
Okay then... The lounge is yours.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
I observed too that introverts have an emotional bond to music;myself as a casestudy.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
Okay though. You guys can unwind. I have myself to talk to and stuffs to code. I ll prefer to read what others say

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
chigo93: I observed too that introverts have an emotional bond with music;myself as a casestudy.
And you can't join the choir department because you hate when all eyes are on you.

11 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Profmaojo: 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
same

9 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Profmaojo: 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
yeah

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Profmaojo: I am a very shy dude...mehn i dai bleep up for girls front ehn
But you know you got to improve.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SugaryBelle(f): 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
I'm an introvert,growing up was kinda tough i didnt have childhood friends,my shyness was times 2 and I missed alot of oppotunities as a result of that,i'll run into the house at the sound of any visitor,I didn't have friends too,I used to feel girls in my hood didn't like me,I guess they thought I was a proud snub and I couldn't make friends with boys either(not that I wanted to) but as i grew older I decided to change and I've quite succeded,I'm no longer shy,I strike up conversations with strangers,i'm a good conversationalist and i'm realy friendly with people.The only part of me that I can't change is my inability to make/keep friends, I have very few friends from school some which is mostly based on us being classmates,I've been steady at home for like four months and i've not gone out to visit anyone cos there's no one to visit,infact i'm not even sure i'lld visit if there had been someone,i'm not into that,except in very special cases.My outings are only to the market and church ,anytime people see me they ask 'when did you return?' haha....

24 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SugaryBelle(f): 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: And you can't join the choir department because you hate when all eyes are on you.
Yet you always fantasize about you holding the microphone and wowing every one,but you still can't.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
SugaryBelle: Yet you always fantasize about you holding the microphone and wowing every one,but you still can't.
And you feel like crying. I think the ushering department is cool for an introvert.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vikel2104: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
The thing that baffle me is that an introvert tends to understand people but yet they're the most misunderstood. I tend to sense peoples' feelings but when it comes to mine, they don't even care to know. Another thing is that an introvert tends to understand and get clues quickly. So it pisses me off sometimes when people cannot understand seemingly simple things. I guess it has to do with our ability to think deeply. I prefer thought-provoking discussions rather than empty chatter. That's why some people cannot discuss with me because i don't like shallow talk and that's what most people engage in. Let's just say I love depth in everything I do. I love to ask the question 'why?' before I do things but people would prefer that I go with the flow and just do what everyone is doing. I have a way of revealing myself to people depending on who it is. If I meet a total stranger who I'm most likely never going to see again, I could chat and act like an extrovert. But if I'm most likely going to be seeing the person often, I show them my real introverted self with the mind that with time they'll see that that is how I am and those who accept me will finally make friends with me. Over the years I've come to be able to talk in front of people but I'm still not very comfortable when it's impromptu. If I'm told to teach something, I go the extra mile to make sure you undertand because I don't like the thought that i've wasted my time, my precious time. Staying indoors? Oh there is nothing as blissful as my 'me time' I hate noise more than anything. (sorry for the long unparagraphed post. But being an introvert I know you had the patience to read through it)

115 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
SugaryBelle: ,I'm no longer shy,I strike up conversations with strangers,
How did you achieve this?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by luvablesam(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
Finally found a lounge for myself, When u dont talk much,people see u as a Snub.

They wont understand...This is my world

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SugaryBelle(f): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: And you feel like crying. I think the ushering department is cool for an introvert.
whaaat! Have you seen how those girls walk? With gait and composure,standing and smiling from 9am-12pm and walking people round to thier seats,thats worse, not this introvert abeg I can't fit,I enjoy siting in one place.I'll do well in the accounts department.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lol @ vikel2104 . I read everything and even expecting more. 93% of introvert are currently indoor. #IntrovertFact.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: Partially introvertial you mean?
Yes, a kinda alternating !!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: It seems that most introvert are funny and with a good sense of humour. They tend to exhibit this trait when they are in the means of their close associates.
Yeah, I noticed that too.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SugaryBelle(f): 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
Olarewajub: How did you achieve this?
It's just determination,with help from my siblings who are extroverts,i learnt from experience as well,as a child I never went on holiday travels,my siblings have stayed with all my aunts and uncles living in different parts of the country,and I only managed one,though I was practicaly forced,they have so many friends and I didn't,I wanted so much to be like them so I just decided to change and I learnt from them.So when with strangers I make small talks and try to be funny (not sure I'm funny) and the conversation starts from there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.