Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637914 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

MR INTROVERT, DO YOU EVEN SIT OUT AND DRINK BEER WITH THE BOYS? undecided

EPOSITIVE
No sir.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CAPSLOCKED: 2:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
Epositive:
No sir.

AH!

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 11:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
Epositive:
Being an introvert in a crowded environment is quite tough though.

I grew up in ghetto-like area(you can google it "oke aro, akure" ) grin. In a face me and face you apartment, where you are bound to encounter dramatic folks with condescending attitude. An environment where shouting remains the order of the day. Oftentimes, being calm is mistaken for cowardice. Introverts like myself tend to face more intimidation and confrontation unlike our extroverted counterparts. To protect your interest and integrity, you need a very loud voice and more of aggressive characters. I am not the noisy type, I cherish my calmness a lot. Most times, I had to crawl out of my "shell" to repaint my boarder line to avoid reckless and unnecessary tress-pass. Sh!t was crazy! angry

Also, I hate being preached at if "stepping out of your comfort zone" is the topic. Like why on earth should I step out of my comfort zone? The home of my thoughts, imaginations, mental projections and all. undecided It would be unnatural of me to walk out on them. I feel much safer in my zone likewise minding my own business is exhilarating. In a nutshell, I'm stuck in this zone forever.if you don't like it, it's either you move or I move you. Ain't gat no time for your BS! undecided I just gained admission into university this year though we are yet to resume. My brother told me I have to 'expand' my comfort zone in order to enjoy campus life and I'm like "well, let's wait and see first". cool

Recently, I noticed I'm drastically backsliding in my faith - Christianity. Religion is gradually losing its grip on me. A whole me, a choir member and a bible-quiz representative. Shoutout to Hahn, Capslocked, 1stsonoflucifer, hopefullandlord, Martinez19 and their realistic posts. These guys no dey fear God o angry sad angry cheesy I'm very discreet about it till God knows when. shocked

Finally, I'm glad I am becoming more established in the understanding of my natural make-up and permanent reality of life. And I'm keeping it 100. I won't compromise my realness for any parental, social or religious conformity. wink

Because this is my nature. This is who I simply am - An introvert! smiley
grin cool
I'm also an introvert and it's cool. But boring atimes .
Happy you're breaking yourself outta the shackles of religion.

Beside, you be choirmaster? That's serious
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 11:58pm On Mar 28, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

AH!
bia

Hope you ain't making fun of us before I

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 6:23am On Mar 29, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

grin cool
I'm also an introvert and it's cool. But boring atimes .
Happy you're breaking yourself outta the shackles of religion.

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamwalexab(m): 6:39am On Mar 29, 2018
talking from the introvert part of me.....am very hyper introvert to people I meet for the first time, people I Don't feel free with etc. one of my challenges is that I find it hard to start a conversation and maintaining it.
The same thing always happen to me and some people will think that I don’t know what to say. I always feel more comfortable spending time with only me and myself�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CAPSLOCKED: 6:43am On Mar 29, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:
grin cool I'm also an introvert and it's cool. But boring atimes . Happy you're breaking yourself outta the shackles of religion.

YEAH, HE'LL LEAD US THE CHOIR IN HELL. cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 7:03am On Mar 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YEAH, HE'LL LEAD US THE CHOIR IN HELL. cheesy

Me right now;

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by KillerBeauty(f): 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2018
Epositive:

I grew up in ghetto-like area(you can google it "oke aro, akure" ) grin. In a face me and face you apartment, where you are bound to encounter dramatic folks with condescending attitude. An environment where shouting remains the order of the day. Oftentimes, being calm is mistaken for cowardice. Introverts like myself tend to face more intimidation and confrontation unlike our extroverted counterparts. To protect your interest and integrity, you need a very loud voice and more of aggressive characters. I am not the noisy type, I cherish my calmness a lot. Most times, I had to crawl out of my "shell" to repaint my boarder line to avoid reckless and unnecessary tress-pass. Sh!t was crazy! angry

Also, I hate being preached at if "stepping out of your comfort zone" is the topic. Like why on earth should I step out of my comfort zone? The home of my thoughts, imaginations, mental projections and all. undecided It would be unnatural of me to walk out on them. I feel much safer in my zone likewise minding my own business is exhilarating. In a nutshell, I'm stuck in this zone forever.if you don't like it, it's either you move or I move you. Ain't gat no time for your BS! undecided I just gained admission into university this year though we are yet to resume. My brother told me I have to 'expand' my comfort zone in order to enjoy campus life and I'm like "well, let's wait and see first". cool

Recently, I noticed I'm drastically backsliding in my faith - Christianity. Religion is gradually losing its grip on me. A whole me, a choir member and a bible-quiz representative. Shoutout to Hahn, Capslocked, 1stsonoflucifer, hopefullandlord, Martinez19 and their realistic posts. These guys no dey fear God o angry sad angry cheesy I'm very discreet about it till God knows when. shocked

Finally, I'm glad I am becoming more established in the understanding of my natural make-up and permanent reality of life. And I'm keeping it 100. I won't compromise my realness for any parental, social or religious conformity. wink

You used almost all the emojis on Nairaland on this post grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 30, 2018

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 30, 2018

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 30, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 30, 2018

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 6:19am On Mar 30, 2018
GloryIsaac:
Never expected it to be this long lipsrsealed.

Interesting read actually. And I like that you're largely self aware. Coincidentally, I exhibit almost all the things you described of yourself in the 'positives and negatives' post.
It's really still intriguing reading all these about someone else even though it largely applies to me too. I wouldn't change myself for anything, it's a world I have come to know, love and gladly accept; wouldn't you agree?

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 8:31am On Mar 30, 2018
KillerBeauty:

You used almost all the emojis on Nairaland on this post grin
Well, what can I say? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
DonOms:

Interesting read actually. And I like that you're largely self aware. Coincidentally, I exhibit almost all the things you described of yourself in the 'positives and negatives' post.
It's really still intriguing reading all these about someone else even though it largely applies to me too. I wouldn't change myself for anything, it's a world I have come to know, love and gladly accept; wouldn't you agree?

Thanks a lot. Actually, when one stays so long in the head, a lot of things come into play and being self aware is one of them.

To an extent, i made sure it was possible for someone to relate easily with what had been described.

@question, i fully agree wink

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2018
Just watched the Brymo viral video, he actually made so much sense in it.

Unfortunately, being fully aware of the kind of music most folks here prefer, he had to go to the extreme for publicity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by efe10(m): 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
evening
is there any difference between introversion and shyness

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
efe10:
evening
is there any difference between introversion and shyness

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ediaro: 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2018
SMS MARKETING FOR LAUNDRY AND DRY CLEANERS

http://www.ediarosms.com/resource/case-studies/sms-marketing-for-laundry-and-dry-cleaners/

sparkleanng:
SPARKLEAN is now open for your Laundry and Dry Cleaning jobs.
We are here to give your fabrics maximum care, making the whites whiter and colours brighter.

Our services include:

- Express service.
- Pick Up & Delivery.
- Monthly Service.
- 10% Promo on referrals

Tel: 08025464540 or 08033935709

Instagram:@sparklean_official

E mail: sparklean_official@yahoo.com

...We take care of your laundry, while you take care of your business.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 1:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
I just hope someone could learn from this post as regard male introvert relations with girls.

This my experience. I remember the moment I confessed to my elder sister that I can't talk to girls and her reaction was that it was as a result of my unwillingness to associate with people or make friends. That was my problem some years ago.

I realized that my inability or unwillingness to talk to girls was as a result of lack of confidence. The thought of not being good enough did not develop suddenly, it was because of an ugly abusive experience I had a girl while I was still little and that experience followed me to the university.

The urge to change my relations with girls came in several ways and most were influenced by classroom scenarios. I do have some regrets in terms of missed opportunity but I am looking to make the present better.

The important decision I have taken is to realize that I have a problem that I must solve which I bet others could easily relate with. Some people could easily evade it but from my own experience, it is quite impossible to live comfortably without talking to girls. I had only two options, either to like them or hate them and I chose the former.

I did some adjustments and became more confident with myself. Talking to girls has become somewhat easier and that is because I learnt to grow comfortable with talking to them. I am quite picky though as I relate with any who has a good disposition. I try to also exchange greetings with those who live around me. The most important thing to know is that girls want to talk especially with those they are attracted to.

I wish everyone a happy Easter and a beautiful month.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by efe10(m): 2:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
but there's such thing as shy introvert is there?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
wishing.l every christ like INTROVERT a very great EASTER celebtlration,may the RESSURECTION POWER of CHRIST QUICKEN US ALL .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 0luwatope(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2018
Epositive:

I can relate.... I made a post recently and guess what, I stay at akure too, I know how rough oke-aro is.... Home of the thugs

I stay at aule BTW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LeiderJa: 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2018
Progress!!!

Today our chiefs were inducted into the medical profession and I went out today to greet them and collect food/jotters. As I moved about, I saw people(read girls) that I hadn't seen in months and I could actually talk without heartbeats or palpitations and I even hugged some of them!!

A month ago, I would be looking into the empty space behind a girls ear or looking at the ground while sweating and now I can laugh, maintain conversations and look straight in the eye.

I want to learn how to collect numbers from girls walking along the road, I want to learn how to spin conversations in any direction.

I remember when my introversion test showed 91% introvert. Haha, I'm so happy!

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
0luwatope:

I can relate.... I made a post recently and guess what, I stay at akure too, I know how rough oke-aro is.... Home of the thugs

I stay at aule BTW
Yeah bro

Oke-aro : Home of thugs and 419

Aule estate.. I know that side

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 1:08am On Apr 15, 2018
paste007:
I know this is an old post but how did you pass
Lol. Passing doesn't really have to do with being introverted or extroverted does it? Tho I missed lots of opportunities during my early days in school because I was an introvert. Like I missed tests and stuff because I had no one to tell me about them. But I made it, I'm a graduate now. I've also changed a bit, I no longer have a hard time relating with strangers. The issue is, I have no interest in talking to strangers, except in rare occasions where I meet someone I can really flow with.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 1:41am On Apr 15, 2018
paste007:
i mean how did he pass his exams without associating attending tutorials etc
I attended tutorials only once throughout my stay in school. I didn't really attend class in my first and second year too. Only started attending in 300L when shit got real lol. As long as you study for exams and attend the classes where attendance is compulsory (You can't pass some courses if you don't have a strong attendance no matter how well you write the exams),you're good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 1:37am On Apr 16, 2018
mod kindly delete this

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: Kobojunkie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.