Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638003 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by aniexyz(f): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
Olarewajub:
Isn't that stressful for a typical introvert?
far from it.
in fact I'll say it's ideal.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Karleb(m): 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
Is it a normal thing for introverts to daydream at the sligtest opportunity? undecided

'cause me dey wonder o.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by aniexyz(f): 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
it just feels so awful when people mistake ur shyness for pride.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
aniexyz:

well..that's you.
and maybe like a year ago I would say I prefer being indoors... Bt right now, I just want out. maybe a little travel will do.
as for your question... yea, I'm a typical introvert.
More like introvert conforming to an 'extrovertic' standard.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by aniexyz(f): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
kemiola89:

More like introvert conforming to an 'extrovertic' standard.
not really...
either way, I don't see it as wrong.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by wakes: 3:27am On Oct 10, 2014
Amazingg:

This explains me,though over the years,i've been able to come out of my shell slowly. Till date i only have 2 friends. One during my undergraduate and one at masters level. The only place i feel comfortable is at home and in church. Had to join the sunday school teachers after 5 years of pressure from my pastor. I had serious inferiority complex for years coupled with my small stature but i have been able to overcome that. I don't go to parties and if i am forced to attend social functions,i go just dey observe. Lol!
I hate being @ spot-light,i prefer the behind the scene tasks. I pour out my thoughts through writing. I write alot(poems and songs),i find solace in writing. Most people don't know i stay at home because they hardly see me. Some will say"ha!are u still in Lagos,we thought you've relocated while some will say it to my face...na pride wan kill am".
I'm proud to be an Introvert,it's who i am.
Great!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nwapastor: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2014
Yea I'm an introvert. I'm the shy type can't start or maintain conversation but can address a crowd (it's my profession). Don't like attending social gatherings except it's a wedding, church or academic programs and when I do I keep to myself or talk to just close friends. Don't have much friends, people wonder how I even relate to the few friends I have but the truth is: I'm an extrovert when I'm with my friends.

Some people think I'm proud or something but I don't care much provided I have a book to read, and I'm always holding one.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
nwapastor:
Yea I'm an introvert. I'm the shy type can't start or maintain conversation but can address a crowd (it's my profession). Don't like attending social gatherings except it's a wedding, church or academic programs and when I do I keep to myself or talk to just close friends. Don't have much friends, people wonder how I even relate to the few friends I have but the truth is: I'm an extrovert when I'm with my friends.

Some people think I'm proud or something but I don't care much provided I have a book to read, and I'm always holding one.
Where you able to do this naturally? @bolded
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nwapastor: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
Olarewajub:
Where you able to do this naturally? @bolded
Not really, actually I started by teaching my classmates using the blackboard during prep in secondary school, then taking Sunday School in church, going for debate and quiz competitions and so on especially anything involving passing across information to others apart from that count me out I don't know how to do conversation but I can argue out my point any day anywhere provided the discussion has to do with religious/academic matters or current affairs.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by J0nyb0y(m): 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
its good to see this thread still very much alive... Was following at the inception...
Being an introvert is one thing... But being a Nerdyintrovert is another.
Do we have nerds in the house?
I spoke to a Shrink concerning this introvertism of a thing and she asked me some tought provoking questions.. Would share later for all to benefit from
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
J0nyb0y:
its good to see this thread still very much alive... Was following at the inception...
I spoke to a Shrink concerning this introvertism of a thing and she asked me some tought provoking questions.. Would share later for all to benefit from
I've seen one or two fellow nerds here.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2014
My biggest problem as an introvert has been at the work place where I've come across as "lacking team work" simply because I prefer to work within my space rather than with a bunch of can't-keep-my-mouth-shut type of people (no offense to extroverts tongue).
When I'm quiet at meetings, it's interpreted as "lacking enthusiasm". But hey, when it comes to coming up with annual strategic plans, program proposals and M&E frameworks, guess who does all the work? Yep, the "unenthusiastic" employee who "lacks team work".

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by J0nyb0y(m): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
Djtm:

I've seen one or two fellow nerds here.
mention them.. How is it being a nerd
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
GoodGirl2:
My biggest problem as an introvert has been at the work place where I've come across as "lacking team work" simply because I prefer to work within my space rather than with a bunch of can't-keep-my-mouth-shut type of people.
When I'm quiet at meetings, it's interpreted as "lacking enthusiasm". But hey, when it comes to coming up with annual strategic plans, program proposals and M&E frameworks, guess who does all the work? Yep, the "unenthusiastic" employee who "lacks team work".
hmmm... Interesting.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
GoodGirl2:
My biggest problem as an introvert has been at the work place where I've come across as "lacking team work" simply because I prefer to work within my space rather than with a bunch of can't-keep-my-mouth-shut type of people.
I hope your boss and co-workers have come to terms with your personality and appreciate it?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
GoodGirl2, one thing I do know is that introverts are committed to whatever task they are to given as far as corporate goals are concerned.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
2sExy1:
I hope your boss and co-workers have come to terms with your personality and appreciate it?
Oh yes they have! Those who learn my personality get the best from me. I clashed with a boss at my last workplace because she expected me to be "outgoing", never gave me my space and was always equating talking too much to "competence". Didn't last 3 months with her. I resigned. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
2sExy1:
GoodGirl2, one thing I do know is that introverts are committed to whatever task they are to given as far as corporate goals are concerned.
Oh yes! We deliver. We have the same approach to relationships. When we are focused on one guy, every other guy ceases to exist. That's our undoing. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
GoodGirl2:

Oh yes they have! Those who learn my personality get the best from me. I clashed with a boss at my last workplace because she expected me to be "outgoing", never gave me my space and was always equating talking to much to "competence". Didn't last 3 months with her. I resigned. cheesy
thats where they often miss it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hmmm, very insightful. I've got to do something closer to this by getting out of my comfort zone.
nwapastor:
Not really, actually I started by teaching my classmates using the blackboard during prep in secondary school, then taking Sunday School in church, going for debate and quiz competitions and so on especially anything involving passing across information to others apart from that count me out I don't know how to do conversation but I can argue out my point any day anywhere provided the discussion has to do with religious/academic matters or current affairs.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by aniexyz(f): 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
I also need to improve on this addressing a crowd ish...cuz I know I'm gonna need it someday.

but dunno where to start from since I'm always shying away from events.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by aitop(m): 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
elektra:
I am an introvert. I enjoy my own company. I can enjoy sharing space with many people for a limited time, after a while I withdraw into my shell. Even at big family occasions, the first few hours with them I'll talk alot and then my mouth begins to physically hurt. People that don't know me wonder if something they said pissed me off, they have no clue in just resting my mouth.
I also have conversations with myself alot! My family has gotten used to me. My mum just chatters away because she knows she won't get response from me most of the time.
As for meeting the right person, I need God's intervention, I'm in my early 20s and I guess I should be building a relationship now but its just not happening as I don't keep many friends and I don't attend many social functions.
you joined nairaland since 2006 and you only have 106 posts, you be confirm introvert. I am as well an introvert but trying this days to make friends but just couldn't keep them. I hardly receive calls, text messages, but all this never freaked me. I didn't like myself before but some of my closer friends do tell me they wished they could do things as I do, some encouraged me to keep it up. Most times I lead in any group I found myself, so the fear is a thing of the past though am still building my confidence. But it's nice being who you are.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 12:15am On Oct 12, 2014
J0nyb0y:

mention them.. How is it being a nerd
I can't go through the thread to see their usernames, sorry.

www.nairaland.com/1830091/introverts-lounge-extroverts-pls-keep/1#25008999
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bringbackdgirls: 1:48am On Oct 12, 2014
J0nyb0y:
yea.thos who dnt realy kno u ask provokin qstion.dts y i stay away 4rm many ppl and prfer 2be alon
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:40am On Oct 13, 2014
#Nairaland Fact
60% of Nairaland population are introverts.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:42am On Oct 13, 2014
Introverts desist from answering rhetorical questions.
bringbackdgirls:
yea.thos who dnt realy kno u ask provokin qstion.dts y i stay away 4rm many ppl and prfer 2be alon
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Francman(m): 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
I really enjoyed my balanced extrovert life up untill my college days. Now, I stand in between, nt sure wich is beta.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
Olarewajub:
#Nairaland Fact
60% of Nairaland population are introverts.
You sure?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:50am On Oct 14, 2014
The way everybody is claiming to be shy and introverted is alarming. You do know what i'm talking about, don't you?
Djtm:

You sure?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:51am On Oct 14, 2014
What made you to drift to being introverted?
Francman:
I really enjoyed my balanced extrovert life up untill my college days. Now, I stand in between, nt sure wich is beta.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.