Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (642578 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by holyboss: 5:09am On Jun 22, 2015
can someone please welcome "the Newest Introvert in the house" **coverFace tongue
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Pelummy(f): 5:27am On Jun 22, 2015
Oh! Finally here . Let's see how it goes
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by misreal(m): 6:46am On Jun 22, 2015
Liamm:
I can easily start a conversation but maintaining it would be a heck of a job.
hahahahahah..I would rather visit naira land all day long than to go about conversing with people.I am in final yr,I have only one friend.sometimes I am really bothered.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by misreal(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2015
something tells me I am at home here..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:35am On Jun 22, 2015
Krasid:
Wow,where do i start.Okay, first i am very very shy.I discovered this when I was in Junoir secondary.Being an introvert has its advantages/disadvantages.I have less friends, find it difficult to start convos,or being in the midst of lots of people, but it also gives me time to think and concentrate.I don't know if people think i am arrogant or just shy and i don't care.
shocked krasid u r one of us...lol..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by elantraceey(f): 7:40am On Jun 22, 2015
Just checking in cool
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 22, 2015
Welcome all.. I guess the front page post was really instrumental in setting us all in this little island of ours..

Here is haven, here is safe, here i'm free of any expressions. My species and my kind.

Promised to follow closely for i feel comforted.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dareking48pro: 8:27am On Jun 22, 2015
Am an introvert, no doubt about that. But sometimes I often wonder if am not an extremist in the world of introverts... Just kidding!

Firstly, I would like to express to you guys the type of introvert I am. (guess we all are the same)

Shyness is what should have been my middle name. I shy alot and people take that as being arrogant(still don't know how they get to such conclusion). Set of ladies who happened to be my coursemates once came to me and said " why is your face always glued to the ground? You always feel pompous and we would like you to talk to us today by fire by force". I smiled at them, hold eye contacts for like a milliseconds and quickly excuse myself. Some of my male friends too complains alot.

Here is typical me below:

I dont like parties, too much crowd creeps me out... Wonder how am going to handle wedding and its awkward drama(prostration, crowd cheering e.t.c) when the time comes.

I don't go to football centre to watch matches. I don't like holding long conversation on sports unlike most of my friends, but i like watching football in a quiet and less crowded environment.

I have just two close friends and uncountable friends whom I rarely associate myself with.

Right now am at home for a semester break, people don't even know am around.

My door is always locked from the inside when am in school. I love to always be by myself: surfing the net in search of fresh ideas, watching movies alone if that's the first time am seeing it, reading through most of the posts on fp here without a single comment on them...but what top all that is being with my girlfriend, she's also an introvert n she's my best friend. <3

Here's where people have one or two problems with my personality :
>I don't like chatting with my friends for too long on social media, the conversation quickens to get boring to me. If there messages keep coming in, I always use firewall to block my whatsapp and bbm from connecting to the Internet.:-)

>I hardly call people just to say hi or just to ask how they are doing except something tangible happened which warrants that I call. Most people always say that I don't appreciate them. And when such accusations comes up, I do promise them with utmost sincerity that I will change and I will start calling them. but after a month or so, I go back to being who I am...

>If i find myself in the midst of new people, I hardly interact. But if have known you for a long time, and am comfortable being around you...you will be the one begging me to stop talking.

If i should continue with the list, I won't stop typing for a day. Thank God that the percentage of people who loves me to those who finds me awkward is 90%. And funny thing is that no matter how hard I hide myself, people still finds there way to be around me, they just want to be my friend no matter what. :$

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2015
Good day my people. Hope you had an awesome night.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 22, 2015
dareking48pro:
Am an introvert, no doubt about that. But sometimes I often wonder if am not an extremist in the world of introverts... Just kidding!

Firstly, I would like to express to you guys the type of introvert I am. (guess we all are the same)

Shyness is what should have been my middle name. I shy alot and people take that as being arrogant(still don't know how they get to such conclusion). Set of ladies who happened to be my coursemates once came to me and said " why is your face always glued to the ground? You always feel pompous and we would like you to talk to us today by fire by force". I smiled at them, hold eye contacts for like a milliseconds and quickly excuse myself. Some of my male friends too complains alot.

I dont like parties, too much crowd creeps me out... Wonder how am going to handle wedding and its awkward drama(prostration, crowd cheering e.t.c) when the time comes.

I don't go to football centre to watch matches. I don't like holding long conversation on sports unlike most of my friends, but i like watching football in a quiet and less crowded environment.

I have just two close friends and uncountable friends whom I rarely associate myself with.

My door is always locked from the inside when am in school. I love to always be by myself: surfing the net in search of fresh ideas, watching movies alone if that's the first time am seeing it, reading through most of the posts on fp here without a single comment on them...but what top all that is being with my girlfriend, she's also an introvert n she's my best friend. <3

>I don't like chatting with my friends for too long on social media, the conversation quickens to get boring to me. If there messages keep coming in, I always use firewall to block my whatsapp and bbm from connecting to the Internet.:-)

>I hardly call people just to say hi or just to ask how they are doing except something tangible happened which warrants that I call. Most people always say that I don't appreciate them. And when such accusations comes up, I do promise them with utmost sincerity that I will change and I will start calling them. but after a month or so, I go back to being who I am...

>If i find myself in the midst of new people, I hardly interact. But if have known you for a long time, and am comfortable being around you...you will be the one begging me to stop talking.

If i should continue with the list, I won't stop typing for a day. Thank God that the percentage of people who loves me to those who finds me awkward is 90%. And funny thing is that no matter how hard I hide myself, people still finds there way to be around me, they just want to be my friend no matter what. :$

Well, first we re glad u're here.
I don't see any form of introversion as extreme. For me i have stayed indoor for more than 14 days once. Lol.. Since i had a lot to do then. Don't ever think what people say or think of you. I'm talking from experience, it can be suicidal. As for me, some of my colleagues may think i'm their closest pal, but sorry to break the shell, i have no close friend and i am presently not ready for any. Just put up a good charisma and be ever willing to render an helping hand, i believe that they come to realize that this is you and say words like "he is a good fellow but hardly relate with people"..

Introvert relationships(btw two set) tend to work really well.. Researched on it some years back. your best friend is more than enough. Both of you should comfort each other and lock the hostile world outside. Once in a while, open the door to keep your self updated with happenings, so u won't be caught unawares.

Nice having you. Introversion is a beautiful world, maybe not perfect but at least you rarely hurt others.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 22, 2015
iamayodeji:
Good day my people. Hope you had an awesome night.

Yap.. Hope u too.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chidexxy007(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2015
Olarewajub:
Everybody they kpamke. No dullin here.
abi na.... good morning to u ds morning
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Chinatownm(m): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2015
elantraceey:
Just checking in cool

Be my guest.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 22, 2015
leadzeal:

Just saw ur later part of the comment..

Religion, that nightmare..

I believe God, but religion to me is that horrid projection of man's mind. It is like a control valve. If you think the zombies are a myth, try visiting worship centers.. It is modern slavery. *spits on the ground*

God help me..

I really had a tough time with my dad while growing up. He wanted me to always be in church, not just that though, he wanted me to participate in all activities like other kids then. I didn't see any reason for this because I find it very hard being in the spotlight or in the crowd. It was really tough because it got to a point where I didn't understand myself, I wanted to be like other kids but I was just different.

based on religious belief, I have experienced a time when I was very deep in it but I find myself withdrawing at a point. I still go to church but I just like being unnoticed so I didn't join any unit. of course, people see this as odd but I no longer care as long as am happy and comfortable.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Chinatownm(m): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2015
Nice to be here, been following and I wish to register my comments as well. Lik wat av been reading, I have similar treats to sum of d comments av seen here. Lik starting a conversation and not being able to continue. But I notice sumtin wit dat. If am comfortable talking to u I could actually talk for a long time.
More so I notice am more free wen chating dan talking to u face to face. Dats why I devote most of my time on social platforms and pipol who share my views and I theirs. Staying indoors is lik a hubby, and I don't enjoy it wen u try to talk me out it.
Then each day I kip asking asking God whc type of woman will I marry dat won't misunderstand me. I bet God has a better ansa to dat.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2015
iamayodeji:

I really had a tough time with my dad while growing up. He wanted me to always be in church, not just that though, he wanted me to participate in all activities like other kids then. I didn't see any reason for this because I find it very hard being in the spotlight or in the crowd. It was really tough because it got to a point where I didn't understand myself, I wanted to be like other kids but I was just different.

based on religious belief, I have experienced a time when I was very deep in it but I find myself withdrawing at a point. I still go to church but I just like being unnoticed so I didn't join any unit. of course, people see this as odd but I no longer care as long as am happy and comfortable.

Good u re happy.. Some people are into the active life like martha which i believe is acceptable to God. But i choose the Contemplative life by his grace, where man made dogma and doctrine don't bind you, but your conscience and the God within you, lead you to that eternal bliss.
Peace.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dareking48pro: 10:20am On Jun 22, 2015
leadzeal:

Well, first we re glad u're here.
I don't see any form of introversion as extreme. For me i have stayed indoor for more than 14 days once. Lol.. Since i had a lot to do then. Don't ever think what people say or think of you. I'm talking from experience, it can be suicidal. As for me, some of my colleagues may think i'm their closest pal, but sorry to break the shell, i have no close friend and i am presently not ready for any. Just put up a good charisma and be ever willing to render an helping hand, i believe that they come to realize that this is you and say words like "he is a good fellow but hardly relate with people"..

Introvert relationships(btw two set) tend to work really well.. Researched on it some years back. your best friend is more than enough. Both of you should comfort each other and lock the hostile world outside. Once in a while, open the door to keep your self updated with happenings, so u won't be caught unawares.

Nice having you. Introversion is a beautiful world, maybe not perfect but at least you rarely hurt others.

thaƱks!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 22, 2015
Chinatownm:
Nice to be here, been following and I wish to register my comments as well. Lik wat av been reading, I have similar treats to sum of d comments av seen here. Lik starting a conversation and not being able to continue. But I notice sumtin wit dat. If am comfortable talking to u I could actually talk for a long time.
More so I notice am more free wen chating dan talking to u face to face. Dats why I devote most of my time on social platforms and pipol who share my views and I theirs. Staying indoors is lik a hubby, and I don't enjoy it wen u try to talk me out it.
Then each day I kip asking asking God whc type of woman will I marry dat won't misunderstand me. I bet God has a better ansa to dat.

There is a woman out there that will understand you. in fact, I can tell you categorically that your woman will enjoy you so much. The best kind of man for a woman is an introvert.
In my own personal experience, my relationships were not so easy especially when am with very extroverted women but trust me, some people will still love you for who you are. Like you said, people who take their time to study you will appreciate the beauty in quietness. I encourage you to download the book mentioned in previous posts.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 22, 2015
Chinatownm:

Real concerns of a typical introvert.. Good u dropped a comment. I employ u to also ask question so we can all learn. And also be on standby to answer concerns here.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Krasid(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2015
liveLongNprospa:
shocked krasid u r one of us...lol..
Yep. grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Chinatownm(m): 10:27am On Jun 22, 2015
iamayodeji:

There is a woman out there that will understand you. in fact, I can tell you categorically that your woman will enjoy you so much. The best kind of man for a woman is an introvert.
In my own personal experience, my relationships were not so easy especially when am with very extroverted women but trust me, some people will still love you for who you are. Like you said, people who take their time to study you will appreciate the beauty in quietness. I encourage you to download the book mentioned in previous posts.

Well said man. Wats d name of d book again.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Krasid(m): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2015
holyboss:
can someone please welcome "the Newest Introvert in the house" **coverFace tongue
Welcome bro.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2015
leadzeal:

Good u re happy.. Some people are into the active life like martha which i believe is acceptable to God. But i choose the Contemplative life by his grace, where man made dogma and doctrine don't bind you, but your conscience and the God within you, lead you to that eternal bliss.
Peace.

I have always been against dogmatic type of religion and that's the issue in most cases. my religion is between me and God which resides in my conscience like you said.
I have a friend who is an introvert too, he is an atheist but he doesn't admit to the public for fear of rejection. I don't blame him at all, Like most introverts, moderation is my philosophy.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Chinatownm(m): 10:32am On Jun 22, 2015
leadzeal:

Real concerns of a typical introvert.. Good u dropped a comment. I employ u to also ask question so we can all learn. And also be on standby to answer concerns here.

Tanx a bunch. Here is lik a home to me now.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 22, 2015
@iamayodeji... Ur words "The best kind of man for a woman is an introvert.". I concur.

Characteristics of an introverted man (pls note, the list here is not all encompassing)

Forbearing: this came first because they understand pain and struggles than any other personality type. Since they can reinvent pain and feel actual pain with such control.

Patience: to them, time is just in the mind. All that matters is happiness, and since happiness is in no way dependent on time, their mantra is usually "live and lets live, but ofcourse with happiness". Most suicidal act occured in the introvert group and it has been traced to lack of happiness. They live for happiness, so most are patient enough to see that come true.

Inventors: this is not limited to creating physical things only but other things that relate to the mind and soul.. Their date night and setting is out of this world..

Let me stop here for now.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2015
Chinatownm:

Well said man. Wats d name of d book again.

its titled Quiet.
Link to download the electronic version of this book: http://www.ebookarchive.net/2015/02/quiet-power-of-introverts-in-world-that.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:45am On Jun 22, 2015
*rides in with powerbike *

Hehehehe... What's dude and dudets!!.... JJ is back yo!!

Hope y'all had a lovely night?!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2015
dareking48pro:

You're not alone brother!.... lol.....welcome!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 10:54am On Jun 22, 2015
hi guys grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 10:56am On Jun 22, 2015
leadzeal:
@iamayodeji... Ur words "The best kind of man for a woman is an introvert.". I concur.

Characteristics of an introverted man (pls note, the list here is not all encompassing)

Forbearing: this came first because they understand pain and struggles than any other personality type. Since they can reinvent pain and feel actual pain with such control.

Patience: to them, time is just in the mind. All that matters is happiness, and since happiness is in no way dependent on time, their mantra is usually "live and lets live, but ofcourse with happiness". Most suicidal act occured in the introvert group and it has been traced to lack of happiness. They live for happiness, so most are patient enough to see that come true.

Inventors: this is not limited to creating physical things only but other things that relate to the mind and soul.. Their date night and setting is out of this world.. Their sex... *clears throat*..

Let me stop here for now.
hehehe...introverted women nko? undecided and what if an introverted man marries an introverted woman
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 22, 2015
eipreel:

hehehe...introverted women nko? undecided and what if an introverted man marries an introverted woman

Don't know much about them, but i think we share a lot in common.. Like dreaming of the perfect moment, place and partner.

Calm, i think.. Honestly, it's hard for me, since have not dated any yet. So can u tell us.. And if u or anyone in the house is dating a fellow introvert, how is it.. It is really gonna be helpful for us in the house.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by favouredon(f): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2015
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]

I can actually relate with this ur question. I am an introvert. My hubby also is. But his introvertness is not as much as mine. We hardly have friends visit but we are always happy with each other company. We are best of friends. Sometimes it actually bothers me that we dont visit anyone and no one visits but I believe he is d best for me cos I dont know what I would have happened if not marrying his kind of person who understands me as much as I understand him.

As per being shy like some introverts here are saying, that can be overcome. I am a very shy person but I have overcome that shyness to some extent but not yet satisfied with where I am

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.