Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638870 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ojaydedon(m): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2016
Olarewajub:
This rely is long over due. Sorry for the late entry, any thing I try to reply some thing just comes up.

Something you must know my friend is that introverts express themselves easily and comfortablly with people they are familiar with and not total strangers and that’s the reason you can express yourself correcly when you’re with your family members. What you must first do is to try to get to know few of your colleagues maybe by short conversation, and when you speak, make sure you don’t give much attention to your spoken English. Just allow it to flow naturally. It might not be a easy task at first, but as I will always say; move out of your comfort zone. Introversion is not timidity.

On keeping converrsation, try and envision the type of conversation you are likely to have that day. You can decide to have a political debate in your head. In so doing, you will have tons of things to say when the issue of corruption among government officials or scarcity of tomatoes comes up. You have to be ready before time. Ever wonder how Susan Cain does it, “Preparation bro”. Day dream.

On issue of relationship, I’ve got little advice. First don’t beat yourselve about not having a girlfriend although it might be painful seeing how guys around you change girlfriends like wrappers are their ability to easily scope girls. When it comes to friendship, introverts are usually carefully. There are ladies out there who are naturally attracted to introverts. It means you have’nt meant the right girl. Make sure you are able to interprete green light because that is the indicator ladies give. A Google search should help you through this. Don’t enter into a relationship with a lady that does not understand and appreciates your personality. On the last part, read articles about talking to ladies to go out on a date with you, but remember anything you do, let it be spotaneous.

The reason why you fall asleep by 6:00 PM maybe due to your biological clock or nature of your Job. When you wake up to read or watch a movie, do you do this in the comfort of your bed? If yes, always read or watch movies while sitting down in a chair uprightly and you can decide to drink warm water. Make sure you’re well clothed, if possible wear socks.

Thinking of giving up on life? Bro the World is waiting for you. Any problem you’re facing, someone somewhere else is facing a worse scenero. Research and read books on building self esteem. Try to discover your God given talent and life will become worth living. On increasing your vocabulary, read books and watch good hollywood movies. If you have a PC, download “Audacity” and use it to practice speaking fluently, and also learn to practice of public speaking. Is it just names you forget? If yes, it happens to most introvers.

Your coworkers thinks you’re stupid because they don’t know what your personality is, they see you as a weirdo and not as an introvert. Set goals for yourself and try to achieve them. I strongly recommend you read the book Quiet by Susan Cain, the pdf file is everywhere online.
Whatever you do, be yourself. Life is amazing. Live a happy life.

who is susan cain please..

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:38am On Jun 17, 2016
ojaydedon:

who is susan cain please..

She is the author of Quiet, one of the greatest books on introversion of the 21st century. She is an introvert herself.

I will say one is'nt a complete introvert without reading Quiet.

https://https-en-m-wikipedia-org/wiki/Susan_Cain?iorg_service_id_internal=1547440102204384%3BAfraIBIGmhR0RUl5

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DRISKLEF(m): 9:47am On Jun 17, 2016
Arsenate:
because i keep to my self a lot, people misconstrue that as arrogance, rudeness or snubbish. it used to bother me alot. now I don't seem to care.
YEAH. I get this every time. Especially from the opposite sex, they'd eventually start giving me the 'i dont care' attitude but who cares

There's this female friend of mine who unknowingly to me, she had a soft spot for me. Then as usuall i seemed not to care and the thing she called love for me started growing into HATE. I mean seriously as it stand, our friendship is in a faceoff. We just ignore each other for no reason at all. grin

Moreso some people knows how to tolerate the next person and so you wouldn't have to face the challenge of trying to convince them of how much of a humble person you are. Some people just take you for who you are!

I wont say i'm that much of an introvert cos sometimes i just see myself going outta my shell and talk the hell in public grin
Think i'm inbetween the both personality trait. I'm in my best moment when alone and i'm in a bliss moment when with friends smiley

Ain't nothing wrong with Introversion man! They're usually the intelligentsia.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by XfStyle: 10:25am On Jun 17, 2016
Arsenate:
because i keep to my self a lot, people misconstrue that as arrogance, rudeness or snubbish. it used to bother me alot. now I don't seem to care.
People always think am proud ,because I always keep to myself,starting a conversation is a lot of trouble for me.I always wonder how people get to know how to start up a talk,maintaining it,I envy them alot

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Quintee(f): 10:42am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello everyone, good to meet people of like-personality.
I prefer to leave friendship to chance most times. I value mutual respect and politeness and with time, friendship will set in if it is meant to be.
I'm very analytical and tend to do things with 'reason' and not necessarily because it is the conventional way or because that's what everyone is doing. Unfortunately, others tend to see one as weird or a proud person.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ITgenuis: 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
I came across this lounge today and I am glad i found it.
I have already downloaded the Susan Cain's Quiet and can't wait to start reading it when i get off from work.
I just started work at a new place and I haven't been mingling properly (don't even knw if i knw how). Just 'Hi' and 'Hello' and 'Good morning' gets boring after a while so now i have to think of more conversation starters (and continuations). It can be really stressful to think and rethink every single thing u are about to say for fear of saying the wrong thing( I mean, no one is going to kill u or anything so why stress it). Most times I wish I was more spontaneous.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dammy222(f): 9:07am On Jun 18, 2016
XfStyle:

People always think am proud ,because I always keep to myself,starting a conversation is a lot of trouble for me.I always wonder how people get to know how to start up a talk,maintaining it,I envy them alot
Same here .I always wonder too .I don't know how to start up a conservation and maintain it. And the things people find funny and laugh at ,don't necessarily sound funny to me. In school then,people use to think I am proud and a snob. I really wish I could mingle and maintain conversations with people.And not be so shy .

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
my own case now Is dat I live with my father with his wife. my stepmother always gossip Nd complain about my nature. .and as a christian I dnt wnt to disrespect her. What can I do?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ojaydedon(m): 2:03am On Jun 19, 2016
Olarewajub:

She is the author of Quiet, one of the greatest books on introversion of the 21st century. She is an introvert herself.

https://https-en-m-wikipedia-org/wiki/Susan_Cain?iorg_service_id_internal=1547440102204384%3BAfraIBIGmhR0RUl5

tnx
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposy(m): 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Good to be here. Am a Scorpio and an introvert.... what a match!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MUVA(m): 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
I'm not an extrovert but I'm still not convinced I'm an introvert. So what am I? undecided
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HCF(m): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
MUVA:
I'm not an extrovert but I'm still not convinced I'm an introvert. So what am I? undecided
Ambivert! smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MUVA(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
HCF:
Ambivert! smiley
A bit of both, right?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bfn1: 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
Bumped into this thread today.
I'll start my reading from page 1 & see how far I can go.
Feeling at home already.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Amazingg: 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
Olarewajub:

Thanks for sharing this! God bless
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
organism3:
my own case now Is dat I live with my father with his wife. my stepmother always gossip Nd complain about my nature. .and as a christian I dnt wnt to disrespect her. What can I do?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HCF(m): 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
MUVA:

A bit of both, right?
Yes!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by zlatan10(m): 8:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
Introverts!!!! I heard you guys don't like celebrating your birthday....don't know if it's true
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 12:37am On Jun 20, 2016
zlatan10:
Introverts!!!!
I heard you guys don't like celebrating your birthday....don't know if it's true

Says who ? I love celebrating my birthdays although I don't celebrate it that big. I normally invite family and the few friend I have
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bfn1: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2016
zlatan10:
Introverts!!!!
I heard you guys don't like celebrating your birthday....don't know if it's true

Yes. Some of us don't like it.

Even on my Facebook profile, I have my birth date hidden so nobody gets any birthday notification.

So, with the exception of close family members & friends, most people don't know anything.

It gives me much peace to have those calls & messages come in trickles, rather than being inundated with them.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chuksp09(m): 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
zlatan10:
Introverts!!!!
Quite true!
Bumped into d thread last week, been reading from page 1. U guyz just became another family..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by emekz1: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
I am glad to be on dis thread,well conversing one on one is not a problem bt talking to d public is a challenge nd I'm also careful of nt making mistakes while talking.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HCF(m): 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
emekz1:
I am glad to be on dis thread,well conversing one on one is not a problem bt talking to d public is a challenge nd I'm also careful of nt making mistakes while talking.

Recently, I was speaking to a working class Guy on d need to put in for an academic program that would enhance his career prospects. I realized he was reluctant to do so...so, I probed further(cos this is something he could have done more than 10 years ago). It was then he revealed "if I put in for the program, I would have to deliver seminars publicly, defend publicly...how do i face the class/ groups?". I was surprised and shocked to hear his underlying fears...'A brilliant guy like u,allowing the fear of public speaking stand in between you and success?!'. This is to tell u the extent introverts sometimes stay away from achieving greatness because of fear.

Generally, stage fright is a challenge virtually everyone faces. The degree only varies, with introverts being mostly affected and this is largely because of the high level of self consciousness.

Ironically, most of the world's renowned orators were/ are introverts. These are introverts who faced their fears, thus acheiving their dreams.

In short, you can reduce the intensity of the fear to the barest . Start by reading books on the art of public speaking...and then put the techniques into practice. There would be mistakes made, blunders committed, but ignore all that, laugh at yourself and move on....till you look like a pro....

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
finally!! After so many years! I found my people!! *tears tickling down*
I've always thought I'm not okay but I knew I am different..

I don't just know... the best friend have ever had and I am still having is my phone...
it is not like I can't speak or chat freely with people..but I do that only when it is necessary... speaking Drains my Energy....doing what everybody does bored me...
I don't visit friends
I don't party(I get bored...easily..waste of time)
I don't keep gal friends (Private time invader)
I don't walk with people (Gosh.. I felt lonely walking with dem)

but I am sensitive...I sees things deeper than others...I respect people thought and behavior... I understand people better.....

I love my room...my phone...my laptop....novels.... movies

I hate visitors yet I accommodate them
I hate people sharing my stuffs yet Hostel made me changed that

I love nature & wildlife and I derive maximum Utility from "walking alone in the forest"

sorry...I couldn't organize my wordings...

12 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2016
zlatan10:
Introverts!!!!

Not all introverts. Some few do celebrate it like extroverts do. But for people very much close to the end of introversion on the introversion-extroversion continuum, they don't enjoy celebrating it - and if they do, not with a crowd. I don't celebrate my birthdays and it's not known to too many people.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2016
organism3:

Hi @Organism3!
You have made a good decision to refrain from disrespecting her. If you do confront her, apart from the fact that it won't help matters, she'll have more to talk about as 'rude' and 'disrespectful' will be added to whatever she says about you.

The best thing to do is to keep calm and occasionally in very subtle ways, make it known to whoever cares to listen that those qualities of yours are a part of who you are. It may take time, but she will come to terms with it when she realises her talk couldn't change anything.

People naturally don't celebrate 'difference,' until they are left with no choice. So be the best you can be and in no time, you'll see her stop the gossip and complaints.

If it will make you feel better, my mom used to complain too but after a long while, when she realised I was who I was and her complaints were not bringing her desired results, she stopped complaining.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Quintee(f): 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
I think I'm too considerate of others (most especially in relationships) and most times, people take it for granted. I consider it necessary to put an end to it now but how can I achieve this? I feel this attribute is not ideal in today's world because only few people possess virtues.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Zelingsky(m): 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
Liamm:
First to grace this page.

Being an introvert has its ups and downs. I've been existing under this sociality status for over a decade and i have no qualms with it.

The only area where i may have little regret later is exposure. I don't keep much friends and the ones i have barely asks me out. I end up staying at home during weekends not having anyone to visit or a place for recreation.

But I think it's got more advantages. Introverts are mostly viewed as responsible and civilized. I've got no interference of any sought. I do my things the way that would please me.

Having an array of friends as an extrovert leaves you susceptible to bad characters. I'm not being prejudiced against them(extroverts) but that's the fact. You may still find extroverts that are good/mannered but i guess it's 1/10.

The two can always be balanced and i think that's the best. You'll have to be an introvert until you're up to the age of distinguishing between right and wrong(not 7 as per the bible but from 20yrs upwards) then you can port to being an extrovert.
. Hello plz vote for me by clicking d green button under my name link http://www.costusawards.com/?q=595&act=like. Tanks am grateful
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Zelingsky(m): 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2016
Quintee:
I think I'm too considerate of others (most especially in relationships) and most times, people take it for granted. I consider it necessary to put an end to it now but how can I achieve this? I feel this attribute is not ideal in today's world because only few people possess virtues.
. Hello plzz u can vote for me by clicking this link http://www.costusawards.com/?q=595&act=like. Tanks am grateful.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Zelingsky(m): 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
DonOms:

Not all introverts. Some few do celebrate it like extroverts do. But for people very much close to the end of introversion on the introversion-extroversion continuum, they don't enjoy celebrating it - and if they do, not with a crowd. I don't celebrate my birthdays and it's not known to too many people.
Hello pls vote for me by using this link http://www.costusawards.com/?q=595&act=like. Tanks am grateful.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Zelingsky(m): 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
charley94:

true, mostly on fb
. Not entirely true ...... Plz vote for me by using dis link http://www.costusawards.com/?q=595&act=like. Tanks am grateful
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
DonOms:

Hi @Organism3!
You have made a good decision to refrain from disrespecting her. If you do confront her, apart from the fact that it won't help matters, she'll have more to talk about as 'rude' and 'disrespectful' will be added to whatever she says about you.

The best thing to do is to keep calm and occasionally in very subtle ways, make it known to whoever cares to listen that those qualities of yours are a part of who you are. It may take time, but she will come to terms with it when she realises her talk couldn't change anything.

People naturally don't celebrate 'difference,' until they are left with no choice. So be the best you can be and in no time, you'll see her stop the gossip and complaints.

If it will make you feel better, my mom used to complain too but after a long while, when she realised I was who I was and her complaints were not bringing her desired results, she stopped complaining.
. hmmm .thks

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.