Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today (42039 Views)

Nigeria: Only Country Her President Travels While His People suffer - Trump / The Only Country In The World Where Muslims Want To Live With Xtians By Force. / President Goodluck Jonathan's Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by farano(f): 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
shocked
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by akandea(m): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
So ok o! Na only Nigeria moon waka come abi?
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by adamskutty(m): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by antartica(m): 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sixix:

grin cheesy tongue

Who cares if it pains the whole body? undecided

If you don't care then what is your beef?
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Litmus: 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Haven't read the article but if the implication is the straightforward suggestion that we shouldn't celebrate the festival because others don't or that we're making "Muslin Muslim" more than even the Muslim world, by celebrating the festival, then i don't support the implication. I think that one of the things to celebrate about being Nigerian is our ability to dare to think for ourselves. In other words, we should celebrate the festival if it pleases us and not worry about others not celebrating it. Moon-sighting or not.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by maclatunji: 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
If Premium Times wants to report Islam, it should report it properly. You do not turn a matter of Fiqh.into a story. What is the basis for starting and ending Ramadan?

Like Dr. Wali has said, the Sultan is bound to announce once there are sufficient credible report of moonsighting which is what he has done and is in line with traditions of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

It is not something that anyboy will claim exclusive control of. The moonsighting committee report to the Sultan not the other way round and not to the exclusion of his decision-making.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sixix:

I agree there shouldn't be any discrimination but you cant pretend to ignore something that is glaring. Take a trip to Bodija market and see how prayers are conducted.

Like i said earlier he isn't the leader if he were,. he would have taken account of the sensitivity of the subject at hand and have acted as such. Isn't there a national committee for that? Were they informed or was the proclamation a unanimous decision? You have no idea what this issue is all about and the damage it has caused, There had been efforts by the SW Muslim leaders to address the issue of false moon sightings with the Northern leaders and this is what we get in return.

The day Northern leaders begin to act as Muslim leaders then i will reconsider my stance on them, till then

Saudana made the dichotomy when he visited Ibadan and refused to worship inside the mosque preferring to stay outside to worship. When asked why he referred to yoruba Muslims as Asho ebi Muslims. By the way he was right. That is why they don't throw bombs. They will worship behind your imam when you start bombing. Meanwhile that yoruba imam in Abuja is political whitewash. I see you are not fooled.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by abdulwastecx(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
anago9010: all those dolts opening there mouth to spew trash should save is there balderdash. sultan is the head of Muslims in Nigeria is opinion is finally. anyone not please should go and hug transform including the deranged habibulah al ilori.

foolishness of the highest order.... is your head but not my head. we in the 21st century mate, u don't need to sight the moon with ur nicked eye again on some desert in the North, you can do that with the use of equipment, some tradition of stone age need to change we are no longer in the 6th century

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by maclatunji: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
Litmus: Haven't read the article but if the implication is the straightforward suggestion that we shouldn't celebrate the festival because others don't or that we're making "Muslin Muslim" more than even the Muslim world, by celebrating the festival, then i don't support the implication. I think that one of the things to celebrate about being Nigerian is our ability to dare to think for ourselves. In other words, we should celebrate the festival if it pleases us and not worry about others not celebrating it.

You are partially correct. The Sultan's announcement is correct under the rules of Islam. It is not a matter of newspaper sensationalism but clearly recorded traditions of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
maclatunji: If Premium Times wants to report Islam, it should report it properly. You do not turn a matter of Fiqh.into a story. What is the basis for starting and ending Ramadan?

People get a lashing for not fasting that's why and besides your copy-cat pseudo religious cultural import from Arabia is glaring off mark given that your Arab masters are still fasting. tongue
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
maclatunji:

You are partially correct. The Sultan's announcement is correct under the rules of Islam. It is not a matter of newspaper sensationalism but clearly recorded traditions of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

where is the moon?
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by UnknownT: 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
maclatunji: If Premium Times wants to report Islam, it should report it properly. You do not turn a matter of Fiqh.into a story. What is the basis for starting and ending Ramadan?

Like Dr. Wali has said, the Sultan is bound to announce once there are sufficient credible report of moonsighting which is what he has done and is in line with traditions of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

It is not something that anyboy will claim exclusive control of. The moonsighting committee report to the Sultan not the other way round and not to the exclusion of his decision-making.
oya go and bomb Premium Times

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Ibyno(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
The world knows that the fitr is on monday, Sanusi declear it today to prove he don't take Action from FG, if he thinks he can rub head with the FG, he would have declear the holiday on Wednesday, so we see who rules the Town.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Lolaabokoku(f): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
End time things
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by NEROSKY(m): 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
Cybermugu1: Confused religion!
my thought exactly , Useless Boko Haram can't even respect their Sallah , they're foolishly throwing bomb everywhere as if they're playing video game!!!
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by lorRhyMeZ: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
rozayx5: undecided
Why bombs are always discovered and not exploding near mosques beats me

Because their prayers r genuine
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by zicjoe(m): 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
fijiano202: shaki,roundabout,fuku,liver,tongue,ear,laps all na meat
Dnt use dat to pass ur verdict. The LRA(Lord Resistance Army) is a christian base terrorist group. There's always a danger of believing a single story. Lets stop stereotyping.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by cirmuell(m): 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
grin cheesy this is serious, HRH sultan probably saw a spaceship! lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
Na tomorrow we dey celebrate our own eid for Osun state
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by zicjoe(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=Tinubu][/quote] not seen a name
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by chrisdoller(m): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
The muslims will blame it on jona and the BH boys will make an attempt on d sultans life watch out
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Blazinraj01(f): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
superior1: The religion of astrology
LOL. What do you think the Gregorian Calendar is based on?
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by henryobinna(m): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
lakad4u: why are some people like showing there leve of ignorant?can anybody tell you your own religion is confused?this issue of religion is something that has been existing even before the existence of your great gran fathers,why can't you just read and close the page if you know you have nothing special ot intelligent to say....anyway,am a christain but I hate it when people say rubbish to another religion because we serve the same God..
point of correction, we don't serve the same GOD but I agree with the rest of your post

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by andonajnr(m): 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
WombRaiders: So GEJ got it right by giving them Monday and Tuesday as their public holiday grin grin grin grin

Sultan should go and learn his religion under GEJ
cld he had declared Sunday as a public holiday?
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
Adetayo100: Na tomorrow we dey celebrate our own eid for Osun state

Osunnites always at variance.

How is the state of osun under odenni these days by the way?
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by hazzand16(m): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
Faun: Nigeria is also the only country in the world with a "South-South".
What does this tell you? Nigerians are m0rons as far as Geography is concerned.
hillarius dude on point grin
Faun: Nigeria is also the only country in the world with a "South-South".
What does this tell you? Nigerians are m0rons as far as Geography is concerned.
hillarius dude on point
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by searay(m): 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
KingMEXX: Interesting! hmmm...

Guess we have a different moon orbiting the part of Earth Nigeria is located undecided

Hopefully, the Sultan "The moon sighting Committee" can explain better grin...The celebration might as well be shifted to Wednesday, am so enjoying the pub holidays grin
beg them for me. I need the pub holiday die
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
WombRaiders:

Osunnites always at variance.

How is the state of osun under odenni these days by the way?
Osun is doing fine, we're getting ready for the election which is going to be a formality
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
Adetayo100: Osun is doing fine, we're getting ready for the election which is going to be a formality

Towards booting out that rascal grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by henryobinna(m): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
WombRaiders: [img]http://www.aaj.tv/gallery/118096_news_image.jpg[/img]

[size=18pt]There is no phucking moon! Wadya mean they saw it in Arewastan?[/size]
you killed it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Krisddon: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
rozayx5: undecided
Why bombs are always discovered and not exploding near mosques beats me
Same thought here, let them 'continu' acting. We're too wise to be deceived!
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by seedorfg(m): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bleep U

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets With PDP Senators - Photos / Osinbajo: How I Learnt Of My Nomination As Buhari’s Running Mate / Twitter: Why We Chose Ghana Over Nigeria, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.