Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1353687 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 26, 2016
Scholastica16:

TOEFL won't let me be great. I barely sleep when I think of it. And when those ETS B*****ds don't reply emails...wow..it worsens the experience even more. So I envy you.
Scholar is GRE paper route available in Naija ? Am asking because am thinking the V score might be better with paper route as a result of no typing. Some people like me are not proficient with typing on computers and that might cos some distratctions.

I dont mind waiting a month b4 seeing my result.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 8:07am On Dec 26, 2016
Scholastica16:

Paper route is 40mins for 2 Q-sections and 35mins for each V-sections. The Q section has 25 questions each as against 20 of the Computer route. Same goes for the V. I don't think there is an experimental section for the paper route but I could be wrong. HappyDay would know better.

Also, Paper route takes about 2 weeks or so for the results to come out. The intervening period between those weeks will be nerve-wracking compared to the Computer route that gives you an instant result. So pick your poison.

Lol @ bolded. You're right, all the way. No experimental section, and it's always in the VVQQ order. If you're working on a deadline, those two weeks could seem like two years.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 8:42am On Dec 26, 2016
Scholastica16:

TOEFL won't let me be great. I barely sleep when I think of it. And when those ETS B*****ds don't reply emails...wow..it worsens the experience even more. So I envy you.

Still no word on the result yet??
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2016
Guitarlife:
Scholar is GRE paper route available in Naija ? Am asking because am thinking the V score might be better with paper route as a result of no typing. Some people like me are not proficient with typing on computers and that might cos some distratctions.

I dont mind waiting a month b4 seeing my result.

Yes it is available but for a limited period over one year when compared to the computer route that could have as many as 90 dates in one calendar year. So if you are considering it you need to check the few available dates quickly and see which works for you. I think they have 3-5 dates in a whole year. I could be wrong. This is a surmisal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 10:35am On Dec 26, 2016
iCool:

Still no word on the result yet??

No word bro. But I am emailing my schools and keeping them informed.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kennyanderson: 11:26am On Dec 26, 2016
iCool:

Promo since September?? cheesy

That's the normal price jare.
Ehnehn, that is cool o. Thanks a bunch.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2016
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Finegirlacct: 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
thank you very much grin
miella:
@Finegirlacct , I saw your PM. I've sent the materials to your mail.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by layez: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2016
Merry xmas everyone...

@scholar,ur result too good na why ets dy do like b*****ds..lol,be at ease...btw,wia in lag do you stay?

i see u@icool,happyday..makesense bosses

icool,u still want rice,lol
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aanexplus(m): 10:15am On Dec 27, 2016
AWA is out 3.5...

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
layez:
Merry xmas everyone...

icool,u still want rice,lol

I badly do, haven't had rice since the 23rd that I can remember. embarassed

Bread don ruin my life! cry

aanexplus:
AWA is out 3.5...

You go manage am o.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aanexplus(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
iCool:

You go manage am o.

Abi. I didn't prepare at all for AWA
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by vikings809: 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
Results out:

V- 154
Q-160
AWA- 4.0

Converted CGPA: 3.34/4.0 (OAU)

Target: Funded Physics & Astronomy Msc/Phd in US.

I'd appreciate any form of advice

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by layez: 4:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
iCool:

I badly do, haven't had rice since the 23rd that I can remember. embarassed

Bread don ruin my life! cry

You go manage am o.

come take LAKE rice den... lemme forward am top ur maill
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Adeapex(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
GRE or Gmat , which one is suitable for MSc statistics ??
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
vikings809:
Results out:

V- 154
Q-160
AWA- 4.0

Pls how did you convert ur cgpa ? Mine is 3.78/5.0 what would that be ?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
Adeapex:
GRE or Gmat , which one is suitable for MSc statistics ??

GRE! GMAT is for Business Schools.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
Btw 3.25 and 3.30

Guitarlife:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hey,
do you have your transcripts that list all your courses and grades?
If you do, please go to http://www.wes.org/students/igpacalc.asp
Click on 'Start now' and follow the instructions
Enter all courses and grades individually. You should get the equivalent on 4.0 scale
Guitarlife:

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shakaz(m): 1:30am On Dec 29, 2016
Please anyone with the magoosh videos link. I have tried all the links posted but none seems to be working. Or if you are in PH and you have the videos we could hook up. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OluDare01(m): 1:55am On Dec 29, 2016
Nice profile
Are you writing toefl?
vikings809:
Results out:

V- 154
Q-160
AWA- 4.0

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by vikings809: 7:59am On Dec 29, 2016
Guitarlife:

Sorry for the late reply. SirRiddy and OGreene have given you the right answers. Just go to the website, have a list of the courses you took in school and the grades you scored.

Input everything in the WES calculator and your CGPA will be converted to a 4.0 scale.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amofum(m): 8:00am On Dec 29, 2016
cuspy:

Lol at Daniel....
Tbh with you, I'm still very much indecisive. I'm looking at University of Missouri, State University of New York, Binghamton and two other higher ranked schools (I'm yet to decide). What about you?

I remain the undisputed chairman of the indecisive applicants association, abeg let's chat on whatsapp 08083371189
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by vikings809: 8:02am On Dec 29, 2016
OluDare01:
Nice profile
Are you writing toefl?

I'm thinking of asking for it to be waived for me, since I studied in college in English.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amofum(m): 8:06am On Dec 29, 2016
pennstate:

GRE! GMAT is for Business Schools.
GRE is also acceptable in most biz school save for courses like accounting and risk management.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amofum(m): 8:12am On Dec 29, 2016
vikings809:

I'm thinking of asking for it to be waived for me, since I studied in college in English.
Are there schools that would do that? I tried that route with Kent state and they dragged decision till 2days to the deadline. At the end na still story.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
amofum:

I remain the undisputed chairman of the indecisive applicants association, abeg let's chat on whatsapp 08083371189

Lol. Time is running fast o.
Shot you a message.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
vikings809:
Results out:

V- 154
Q-160
AWA- 4.0

guy how you take study and 4 hw long n also texbookz
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
shakaz:
Please anyone with the magoosh videos link. I have tried all the links posted but none seems to be working. Or if you are in PH and you have the videos we could hook up. Thanks
Search for Magoosh videos on 4shareddotcom. Anytime I try to post the link, I get banned. It is about 1 Gig.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
vikings809:
Results out:

V- 154
Q-160
AWA- 4.0

Searching for school is part of research,You might as well start research before Grad school. (If you find a suitable school, let me know grin grin grin) I am sure there are good schools that would accept the GRE score. 314 no be beans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.