Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348664 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kylexy61(m): 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
reDazey:

From your post, I think I agree with the GRE and TOEFL part. The other part is influenced by your own personal views.
1. Are you aware that there are over 4000 accredited schools in the United States? If EducationUSA can invite such schools to Nigeria for college fair, please madam, you have no business calling them dead schools!
2. Are you aware that all fingers are not equal? Everyone did not and would not come out with first class or second class upper?
3. Are you aware that everyone must not attend top schools?
4. Are you aware that some of those who went to your so-called dead schools get H1b visa sponsorship?
5. Are you aware that people further their studies for different reasons other than the limited reasons you gave above? The world is full of opportunities and everyone's path is different.
6. Are you aware that going to a top school does not guarantee a job offer after school?

My point: The flavor of your post was haughty. Hence, my response to you. Do not use your personal preferences to judge other people. They are not you. Learn to understand individual differences.

Make you no mind am. She created an account like 2 days ago and wrote this long-winded polemic on 4 different forums.

"Dead School"! What an obnoxious way to refer to an educational institution! undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Brokenvessels: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
Do u register someone that wants to write in the UK?
ponpon:
Who is yet to register for the Gre/toefl/SAT? Dates are filling up very fast.

Gre -45k
Toefl - 40k

Contact via email not personal message

Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2018
Brokenvessels:
Do u register someone that wants to write in the UK?
yes
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Brokenvessels: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
All right, thanks
ponpon:
yes
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Alobay: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
I have been following this thread for a while, kindly help me please. I have a CGPA of 3.01/5 for my bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering and I also have weighted average of 60B+ for my masters degree in Chemical Engineering too. I want to do PhD in Chemical Engineering in US or Canada with full scholarship or funding and I am intending to sit for GRE and TOEFL to obtain high scores. Will I get admission with full funding please in US or Canada if I get high scores in GRE and TOEFL. Kindly note that I am intending to send my transcripts to WES for evaluation but I need to know my fate first before spending any money. I will be very grateful for your candid advice
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
You will never know until you try. No one can accurately predict your chances. Do well in your tests. Read this thread and also use useful resources in order to submit a good application. Apply early. You will be fine. Cheers.
Alobay:
I have been following this thread for a while, kindly help me please. I have a CGPA of 3.01/5 for my bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering and I also have weighted average of 60B+ for my masters degree in Chemical Engineering too. I want to do PhD in Chemical Engineering in US or Canada with full scholarship or funding and I am intending to sit for GRE and TOEFL to obtain high scores. Will I get admission with full funding please in US or Canada if I get high scores in GRE and TOEFL. Kindly note that I am intending to send my transcripts to WES for evaluation but I need to know my fate first before spending any money. I will be very grateful for your candid advice

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lordnaruto: 11:26pm On Jun 02, 2018
Sugahylz:

Where did you register ?

i am yet to register.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2018
This can be of help to potential PhD applicants.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 6:01am On Jun 06, 2018
Dates are opening y’all. Reg while it lasts. And prepare well too!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by nurexfutmx(m): 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
ponpon:
Dates are opening y’all. Reg while it lasts. And prepare well too!!!

How can i contact you? I want to register for GRE
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
nurexfutmx:

patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by nurexfutmx(m): 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
nurexfutmx:

I have been able to get your mail, sent you a message. Kindly reply

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 1:34am On Jun 07, 2018
I just received a mail from a prof , he stated that i should join EducationUSA for Nigeria.How am i suppose to do this?
cc ponpon,rexcheng,quoran,happyday
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fan01(m): 4:37am On Jun 07, 2018
EducationUSA have only two centers in Nigeria - Abuja and Lagos. Your choice will depend on your proximity to any of the location.

I do not know much about Lagos center, but for Abuja center you will have to come for an orientation first, which is usually every Wednesday by 10:00am, venue is art and culture area 10. After the orientation you may decide to register for membership, and I will advise you to.

calculator123:
I just received a mail from a prof , he stated that i should join EducationUSA for Nigeria.How am i suppose to do this?
cc ponpon,rexcheng,quoran,happyday
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fan01(m): 4:48am On Jun 07, 2018
Your last statement limits your drive and determination to want to go through this process, though I understand you need to do the cost/benefit analysis before you dive in.

As for your undergraduate GPA you can not change it, however I see you also have a masters degree which is a plus on your application. To be candid, we can't put a specific value on your probability of getting admission and full funding.

My advise for you will be to work on acing your TOEFL and GRE, you can make up for your weak GPA in your SOP. Select you schools wisely, if you have to contact the grad coordinator of every school you want to apply to do.

Also, try and get your masters thesis published, build other aspect of your profile. The US application process is very complex and nuanced, there is no ideal recipe on what do and what not.

Good luck.

Alobay:
I have been following this thread for a while, kindly help me please. I have a CGPA of 3.01/5 for my bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering and I also have weighted average of 60B+ for my masters degree in Chemical Engineering too. I want to do PhD in Chemical Engineering in US or Canada with full scholarship or funding and I am intending to sit for GRE and TOEFL to obtain high scores. Will I get admission with full funding please in US or Canada if I get high scores in GRE and TOEFL. Kindly note that I am intending to send my transcripts to WES for evaluation [/b]but I need to know my fate first before spending any money. I will be very grateful for your candid advice
[b]
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fan01(m): 4:51am On Jun 07, 2018
Let her remain in her own world of fantasy.

reDazey:

From your post, I think I agree with the GRE and TOEFL part. The other part is influenced by your own personal views.
1. Are you aware that there are over 4000 accredited schools in the United States? If EducationUSA can invite such schools to Nigeria for college fair, please madam, you have no business calling them dead schools!
2. Are you aware that all fingers are not equal? Everyone did not and would not come out with first class or second class upper?
3. Are you aware that everyone must not attend top schools?
4. Are you aware that some of those who went to your so-called dead schools get H1b visa sponsorship?
5. Are you aware that people further their studies for different reasons other than the limited reasons you gave above? The world is full of opportunities and everyone's path is different.
6. Are you aware that going to a top school does not guarantee a job offer after school?

My point: The flavor of your post was haughty. Hence, my response to you. Do not use your personal preferences to judge other people. They are not you. Learn to understand individual differences.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by olaolu39(m): 7:33am On Jun 07, 2018
What a helpful group.please keep it up as i benefitted from fall 2018 admission with good funding despite my very low GRE scores of 285.

Gracias.

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2018
olaolu39:
What a helpful group.please keep it up as i benefitted from fall 2018 admission with good funding despite my very low GRE scores of 285.

Gracias.
Wow
What school and can you share your profile?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by olaolu39(m): 9:30am On Jun 07, 2018
Olalekank:

Wow
What school and can you share your profile?

Lesson learnt: Information is power. Even if you apply to many schools without direction, its still futility.

Profile:
B.Sc Economics 3.40/5
M.Sc Economics 3.5/5
GRE: 285
Toefl: 86
1. New Mexico State university- M.Sc AgEcon- Rejected
2. University of Stavanger, Norway- M.Business Admin -Accepted(zero tuition school)

3. Vienna School.of Economics-PhD Economics- Rejected

4. East Tennessee State University-MPA.Economics.and social policy-Accepted with international student.scholarship.

9 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 11:43am On Jun 07, 2018
olaolu39:

Lesson learnt: Information is power. Even if you apply to many schools without direction, its still futility.

Profile:
B.Sc Economics 3.40/5
M.Sc Economics 3.5/5
2. University of Stavanger, Norway- M.Business Admin -Accepted(zero tuition school)

4. East Tennessee State University-MPA.Economics.and social policy-Accepted with international student.scholarship.

Congratulations
I wish you all the best. Good luck in your visa interview
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
Fan01:
EducationUSA have only two centers in Nigeria - Abuja and Lagos. Your choice will depend on your proximity to any of the location.

I do not know much about Lagos center, but for Abuja center you will have to come for an orientation first, which is usually every Wednesday by 10:00am, venue is art and culture area 10. After the orientation you may decide to register for membership, and I will advise you to.

I stay in Lagos. Can i get a hint of what the registration entails?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kingzd: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
calculator123:

I stay in Lagos. Can i get a hint of what the registration entails?
All the information you seek for are all stocked online. You can just try and be friendly with Google to navigate your way much better than anyone will direct you.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Dahyur119: 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
kcwitch:
Get Manhanttan GRE prep (Complete video sets and book sets). All about 7gb.

PM me for interest

Please I need the Manhanttan GRE prep
You can share dahurdayo@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Dahyur119: 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
kcwitch:
Get Manhanttan GRE prep (Complete video sets and book sets). All about 7gb.

PM me for interest
Interested dahurdayo@gmail.con
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 08, 2018
Alert;

NEW PROMO AVAILABLE !!!

TOEFL , GRE & SAT

LESS THAN 43,000 NGN
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by reDazey(f): 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
olaolu39:

Profile:
B.Sc Economics 3.40/5
M.Sc Economics 3.5/5

Congratulations olaolu39.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
I'm just curious. How do you guys get these stuff at subsidized rate?
lincoffm:
Alert;

NEW PROMO AVAILABLE !!!

TOEFL , GRE & SAT

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by reDazey(f): 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
Quoran:
I'm just curious. How do you guys get these stuff at subsidized rate?
I am looking forward to the answer to this question.

A friend of mine can't access her TOEFL result on the ETS website. And her visa interview is next week. It is a worrisome situation.

Please, I am not saying the people here are using s lipsrsealed lipsrsealed n cards but I need to be enlightened on how you can afford to pay at these cheap prices.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pronto543(m): 12:09am On Jun 09, 2018
reDazey:

I am looking forward to the answer to this question.

A friend of mine can't access her TOEFL result on the ETS website. And her visa interview is next week. It is a worrisome situation.

Please, I am not saying the people here are using s lipsrsealed lipsrsealed n cards but I need to be enlightened on how you can afford to pay at these cheap prices.

I'm eager to be enlightened myself because I am about to register through one of these guys but my gut feeling is telling me to desist.

It is a conundrum to me. Even though I wish the registration fee was not increased recently, I still shiver at the idea of registering even at a cut-price to these faceless guys.

They should just come out and clarify the issue.biko!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by graciousify(f): 6:59am On Jun 09, 2018
good morning all. please I have a question. I graduated with a first class and I am currently an MBA student. will graduate next year June. I intend to sit for the GRE exam by September this since I want to apply for a PhD fall 2018. please do you think it is wise and will I be considered since I am still running my MBA program? or do I wait till I graduate before applying? please I await your response.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 7:19am On Jun 09, 2018
You can apply. I guess you mean fall 2019? Just submit your transcripts so far. Are you interested in a PhD related to your first degree or a DBA ?
graciousify:
good morning all. please I have a question. I graduated with a first class and I am currently an MBA student. will graduate next year June. I intend to sit for the GRE exam by September this since I want to apply for a PhD fall 2018. please do you think it is wise and will I be considered since I am still running my MBA program? or do I wait till I graduate before applying? please I await your response.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by graciousify(f): 7:32am On Jun 09, 2018
Quoran:
You can apply. I guess you mean fall 2019? Just submit your transcripts so far. Are you interested in a PhD related to your first degree or a DBA ?

Thanks for your response. I want to apply for a PhD this fall bases on my undergraduate degree. what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.