Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1349150 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by graciousify(f): 7:32am On Jun 09, 2018
Quoran:
You can apply. I guess you mean fall 2019? Just submit your transcripts so far. Are you interested in a PhD related to your first degree or a DBA ?

Thanks for your response. I want to apply for a PhD this fall based on my undergraduate degree. what do you think?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 7:34am On Jun 09, 2018
This fall ? It is late; Two months away. Or have you started the admission process already? It is still late except you want to fund yourself and the school is willing to accept you.
graciousify:

Thanks for your response. I want to apply for a PhD this fall based on my undergraduate degree. what do you think?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by graciousify(f): 8:25am On Jun 09, 2018
Quoran:
This fall ? It is late; Two months away. Or have you started the admission process already? It is still late except you want to fund yourself and the school is willing to accept you.

I meant that I want to apply this fall 2018 to resume in fall 2019 if admitted.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 8:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Okay no worries. Have you taken the GRE? Apply early so that you will have a variety of options.
graciousify:

I meant that I want to apply this fall 2018 to resume in fall 2019 if admitted.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by graciousify(f): 8:47am On Jun 09, 2018
OK thanks. I appreciate
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MrCuteking(m): 9:34am On Jun 09, 2018
Hello please is it a must that I send my transcript to all the schools I want to apply for? I attended Uniben and it cost about #26,600 to send my transcript to Michigan university. Please I need suggestions on how to go about it. If I can apply without sending transcript.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 9:38am On Jun 09, 2018
Check with the school to know if they require you to send in official transcripts when you apply. Most schools require that you simply upload your official transcripts for the purpose of admission processing. When you're offered a place, you then send in your official transcripts directly from the school. Do your research well before you apply to any school. It will save you some expenses.
MrCuteking:
Hello please is it a must that I send my transcript to all the schools I want to apply for? I attended Uniben and it cost about #26,600 to send my transcript to Michigan university. Please I need suggestions on how to go about it. If I can apply without sending transcript.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MrCuteking(m): 9:40am On Jun 09, 2018
Quoran:
Check with the school to know if they require you to send in official transcripts when you apply. Most schools require that you simply upload your official transcripts for the purpose of admission processing. When you're offered a place, you then send in your official transcripts directly from the school. Do your research well before you apply to any school. It will save you some expenses.

Thanks for the info.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 4gunners(m): 9:48am On Jun 09, 2018
MrCuteking:

Not all schools require official transcript for their application, you will av to send that after you've been granted admission. It will be explicitly stated on the school website that unofficial transcript is allowed.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amaka157: 11:23am On Jun 09, 2018
Morning house.., someone pls help me with the Manhattan 5lb book of GRE... My email is amakaojie1@gmail.com.. I tried downloading it buy couldn't. Tanx house..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MonsieurCoder: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2018
Quoran:
I'm just curious. How do you guys get these stuff at subsidized rate?

I also would like an answer to this question as I have pondering about it for a while now. cc: ponpon

It would be nice if you can clear this up. Some of us don't want stories.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2018
MonsieurCoder:

I also would like an answer to this question as I have pondering about it for a while now. cc: ponpon

It would be nice if you can clear this up. Some of us don't want stories.

Which stories ? And what’s to clear up?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hilaryxoxo(f): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
They use vouchers.
auriel:
Please all, I have a question

How are these agents able to get GRE fee at cheaper price than quoted on ETS website?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MonsieurCoder: 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
ponpon:
Which stories ? And what’s to clear up?

Give us an idea of how this discounted rates come about. I would personally like to know. I have heard stories of people being registered with stolen credit cards and ETS withholding their results. I am not accusing you of anything. I just want to be sure.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by presiade(m): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
kcwitch:
Get Manhanttan GRE prep (Complete video sets and book sets). All about 7gb.

PM me for interest
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kingzd: 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
[quote author=amaka157 post=68318525]Morning house.., someone pls help me with the Manhattan 5lb book of GRE... My email is amakaojie1@gmail.com.. I tried downloading it buy couldn't. Tanx house.. [/quote[quote author=presiade post=68326117]

You should check this thread properly to download the material, it's available and downloadable. CHECK PAGES 335 and 336.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
MonsieurCoder:

Give us an idea of how this discounted rates come about. I would personally like to know. I have heard stories of people being registered with stolen credit cards and ETS withholding their results. I am not accusing you of anything. I just want to be sure.
Idea is not for sharing and it’s not stolen. 1001 people registered since fall 17 and more still registering.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by reDazey(f): 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
So I have good news. Congratulations to a member of this thread, with the moniker epithet. You can check past pages for his profile.

He was accepted into the Chemical Engineering Phd program at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst with full funding. smiley smiley

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 8:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
reDazey:
So I have good news. Congratulations to a member of this thread, with the moniker epithet. You can check past pages for his profile.

He was accepted into the Chemical Engineering Phd program at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst with full funding. smiley smiley
congrats to him. The 326 guy. Tell him to book flight asap

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DONPablosugar: 6:54am On Jun 10, 2018
ponpon:
congrats to him. The 326 guy. Tell him to book flight asap

congrats to him. But how about visa application first?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 7:40am On Jun 10, 2018
DONPablosugar:

congrats to him. But how about visa application first?
He’ll surely get it. Real students get visa. He should book flight asap prices increase now!!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ayodeji481(m): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2018
ponpon:
Idea is not for sharing and it’s not stolen. 1001 people registered since fall 17 and more still registering.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ayodeji481(m): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2018
[quote author=ayodeji481 post=68344300][/quote]8
Kindly reply to your mail inbox @ ponpon
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by stalone001: 11:45am On Jun 10, 2018
good day guys, am a newbie,pls how can i get softcopy materials for GRE. thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
ayodeji481:
Kindly reply to your mail inbox @ ponpon
send me an email Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amaka157: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
[quote author=Kingzd post=68326315][/quote] tanx a lot. God bless you

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ezehrobinson(m): 4:34am On Jun 11, 2018
Thank you Lord.
Finally got to the last page; i sha skipped some of the pages oo, i can't fit kee myself.

I have always dreamed of going back to academics over the years. Life happened to me and i derailed into an unrelated field and after 3 years, the much awaited opportunity presented itself.

I got provisional admission at Ohio State with full funding plus RA position. The stuff needed to seal the deal is GRE and TOEFL. Prior to march, i didn't know jack about these exams but man gat take am. I consulted some of my friends and as God may have it, one of them was a major contributor to this platform and he punished me by requesting i go through the thread from the very beginning, hian. I sha don try.

I thing i have come to realize about this exam like other is that it requires one having the right resources, information, zeal and time. If any of these is missing, i don't think one gonna hit target.

I have decided to takeout one month to do intensive study. Below is my strategy

1. Do the diagnostic test on Powerprep
2. Get the Magoosh 30 days study schedule
3. 10 hours study per day
4. My resource for Quant will be Manhattan 8 series, 5lb and Official guide by ETS
5. For verbal, Manhattan for RC and SE, the andriod app stuff for vocab building and Manhattan 500
6. The Magoosh video is a must see.
7 Kaplan for AW
8. Magoosh premium account (my one month go expire 19th June). God may raise a good Nigerian to epp me with one

Please, if there is any essential material I missed out, assist identifying.
So, that's it. let the chase for Spring 2019 begin

Thanks to progenitor of this thread. I owe you guys alot and will repay this altruistic gesture by referring other peeps in need

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by LearnAndObey: 7:50am On Jun 11, 2018
kacey007:
Any Cleveland State University admits here? I have just been given admission but nothing yet on funding. Do I have to mail the school concerning funding?
Yes, I am going to Cleveland State University this Fall
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by stalone001: 9:10am On Jun 11, 2018
how do i get these materials pls help a brother
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by stalone001: 9:14am On Jun 11, 2018
Ezehrobinson:
Thank you Lord.
Finally got to the last page; i sha skipped some of the pages oo, i can't fit kee myself.

I have always dreamed of going back to academics over the years. Life happened to me and i derailed into an unrelated field and after 3 years, the much awaited opportunity presented itself.

I got provisional admission at Ohio State with full funding plus RA position. The stuff needed to seal the deal is GRE and TOEFL. Prior to march, i didn't know jack about these exams but man gat take am. I consulted some of my friends and as God may have it, one of them was a major contributor to this platform and he punished me by requesting i go through the thread from the very beginning, hian. I sha don try.

I thing i have come to realize about this exam like other is that it requires one having the right resources, information, zeal and time. If any of these is missing, i don't think one gonna hit target.

4. My resource for Quant will be Manhattan 8 series, 5lb and Official guide by ETS
5. For verbal, Manhattan for RC and SE, the andriod app stuff for vocab building and Manhattan 500
7 Kaplan for AW
8. Magoosh premium account (my one month go expire 19th June). God may raise a good Nigerian to epp me with one

Thanks to progenitor of this thread. I owe you guys alot and will repay this altruistic gesture by referring other peeps in need
pls how do i get these materials
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by stainless91(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ezehrobinson:
Thank you Lord.

7 Kaplan for AW

What's your course and GPA?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by noskii: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hello I’ve been a silent follower and I thank you all for your contributions. Here is my profile.

Course Civil Engineering (MSc/Phd)
Unofficial WES transcript 3.14/4
GRE 314 Q 154
TOEFL yet to write

Schools in view
Rensselaer
Colorado State
University of Dayton
North Carolina State

Any advice would most welcome especially recommendation of schools that fit my profile. Also to the gurus in the house what are my chances of getting funded? I believe I could have performed better for the GRE and may retake before #fall19. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.