Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,970 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1355863 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by StevDesmond(m): 11:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hi guys

Admitted for Msc in Energy Engineering
School: University of Massachusetts lowell
Funding: None
I have always thought that if one should sponsor one's education abroad, that should be at a top school. Though, I have sponsors, I am afraid if the huge cost of study at UMASS lowell will worth it at the end since it's not considered a top school in USA.
Your kind advice would be appreciated

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cadmuskosher: 12:41am On Jun 13, 2018
My first official post on NL and its intent is to give @ponpon's GRE registration service a 5-star rating.

After sending him an email inquiring about his registration procedures, my "Yoruba" suspicion took over as the account details he provided was a personal account and the entire process did not look as official as my previous one (Yes, I am retaking the GRE... wish me luck). Also, googling his email (Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com) brought up some not-so-stellar results. I stalled for almost 4 hours, trying to verify his authenticity (as I didn't pluck my 45K from a tree to come and dash one Nigerian dude all in the name of GRE).

Anyways, I spoke with a mutual contact whom we both shared (@ponpon and I). He convinced me that his service was legit. So, I paid the 45K with my heart in my mouth. Within 3 hours, I received the ETS confirmatory email and I was blown away.

I decided to place this review here to assure other intending GRE applicants of his service quality. Thumbs up @ponpon

ponpon:
Who is yet to register for the Gre/toefl/SAT? Dates are filling up very fast.

Gre -45k
Toefl - 40k

Contact via email not personal message

Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 13, 2018
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 13, 2018
cadmuskosher:
My first official post on NL and its intent is to give @ponpon's GRE registration service a 5-star rating.

After sending him an email inquiring about his registration procedures, my "Yoruba" suspicion took over as the account details he provided was a personal account and the entire process did not look as official as my previous one (Yes, I am retaking the GRE... wish me luck). Also, googling his email (Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com) brought up some not-so-stellar results. I stalled for almost 4 hours, trying to verify his authenticity (as I didn't pluck my 45K from a tree to come and dash one Nigerian dude all in the name of GRE).

Anyways, I spoke with a mutual contact whom we both shared (@ponpon and I). He convinced me that his service was legit. So, I paid the 45K with my heart in my mouth. Within 3 hours, I received the ETS confirmatory email and I was blown away.

I decided to place this review here to assure other intending GRE applicants of his service quality. Thumbs up @ponpon

Ejanla been contributing since day 0.
People that know, know.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 4:47am On Jun 13, 2018
Personal Opinion: I think it will be worth it. USA has alot of top schools and because some of the schools don't make it to the top doesn't mean they are not good. Energy engineering will be a great course as you will get be exposed to a variety of aspects as it pertains to renewable energy systems. Whether you decide to go the academia or industry, that course will be useful.

https://www.uml.edu/Catalog/Graduate/Engineering/Energy-Engineering/Masters-Program.aspx

After checking the link above, I was impressed with the course content. If you have the means to fund your education, please do. It will be worth it. Renewable energy research is well funded and it is also multidisciplinary.

StevDesmond:
Hi guys

I have always thought that if one should sponsor one's education abroad, that should be at a top school. Though, I have sponsors, I am afraid if the huge cost of study at UMASS lowell will worth it at the end since it's not considered a top school in USA.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 5:44am On Jun 13, 2018
StevDesmond:
Hi guys

I actually don’t know Fredoricko username but I’ll try if I can connect y’all. He’s fall 17 and enrolled at umass Lowell electrical eng or so

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 5:45am On Jun 13, 2018
cadmuskosher:

haha. Thank you sir. I’m suspecting you were the one I called FBI.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by StevDesmond(m): 6:50am On Jun 13, 2018
Quoran:
Personal Opinion: I think it will be worth it. USA has alot of top schools and because some of the schools don't make it to the top doesn't mean they are not good. Energy engineering will be a great course as you will get be exposed to a variety of aspects as it pertains to renewable energy systems. Whether you decide to go the academia or industry, that course will be useful.

https://www.uml.edu/Catalog/Graduate/Engineering/Energy-Engineering/Masters-Program.aspx

After checking the link above, I was impressed with the course content. If you have the means to fund your education, please do. It will be worth it. Renewable energy research is well funded and it is also multidisciplinary
Thanks a bunch sir
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by StevDesmond(m): 6:52am On Jun 13, 2018
ponpon:
I actually don’t know Fredoricko username but I’ll try if I can connect y’all. He’s fall 17 and enrolled at umass Lowell electrical eng or so
Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to that
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by babaconfirm: 11:40am On Jun 13, 2018
ponpon:
haha. Thank you sir. I’m suspecting you were the one I called FBI.

but you are yet to respond to my mail for the past two weeks or thereabouts on GRE enquiry. Kindly read your mail and revert.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by babaconfirm: 11:44am On Jun 13, 2018
babaconfirm:

but you are yet to respond to my mail for the past two weeks or thereabouts on GRE enquiry. Kindly read your mail and revert.
I've also pm since Monday but no update or response from you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by babaconfirm: 11:45am On Jun 13, 2018
babaconfirm:

I've also pm since Monday but no update or response from you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2018
babaconfirm:

Kindly resend
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Wiseoldman: 11:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DONPablosugar: 8:32am On Jun 15, 2018
my classmate is currently on a PhD program at UM Lowell, electrical engineering. Though on funding. may link you up so he can give you heads up. I can also tell you that you may not get funding now but there are lots of avenues there to get funded. so many research labs in d sch. Take the chance... you won't regret it.

StevDesmond:
Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to that

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by nelronaldo(m): 8:45am On Jun 15, 2018
Please how do i register for GRE exam and how much will it cost me. It seems some people registered for 45000 here which isn't up to the 220 dollars which is on their website. I'll need some clarification please
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2018
http://www.gregmattoeflnigeria.com

Use the website above. They are legitimate.
nelronaldo:
Please how do i register for GRE exam and how much will it cost me. It seems some people registered for 45000 here which isn't up to the 220 dollars which is on their website. I'll need some clarification please
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
cadmuskosher:

ponpon had always been genuine.Evidencw for the doubting Thomases.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by StevDesmond(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
DONPablosugar:
my classmate is currently on a PhD program at UM Lowell, electrical engineering. Though on funding. may link you up so he can give you heads up. I can also tell you that you may not get funding now but there are lots of avenues there to get funded. so many research labs in d sch. Take the chance... you won't regret it.

Thank you so much. Can't wait for the linkup
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jelmusboy(m): 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2018
Admitted to Morgan State University, PhD in Bio-environmental Science. Funny enough, they've not said anything about funding.
I have emailed the Grad School and Program Coord but none of them is saying anything tangible about funding.

How do I go about this?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 7:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
Contact the graduate school Coordinator and ask for funding opportunities. You can also mail your potential supervisor and tell him you're interested in working with him or her. He will most likely tell you about funding.
jelmusboy:
Admitted to Morgan State University, PhD in Bio-environmental Science. Funny enough, they've not said anything about funding.
I have emailed the Grad School and Program Coord but none of them is saying anything tangible about funding.

How do I go about this?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jelmusboy(m): 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
I have done these. Even mailed the Dean of my school and international office, but nothing concrete as at now. They were all referring me to another person. Don't know if university accept PhD students without funding

Quoran:
Contact the graduate school Coordinator and ask for funding opportunities. You can also mail your potential supervisor and tell him you're interested in working with him or her. He will most likely tell you about funding.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by petlaz: 12:14am On Jun 17, 2018
jelmusboy:

How do I go about this?
I feel it's better to secure a supervisor before applying for graduate program. It will save us money.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 2:39am On Jun 17, 2018
#GrEexit is a movement now in America people!!!! Many top programs are dropping it as a comuplusory requirement!!!

I wonder how candidates will be evaluated now !!!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 2:39am On Jun 17, 2018
You can search twitter with the hashtag #GREexit
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 4:01am On Jun 17, 2018
Some do but I want to think they are in the minority.
jelmusboy:
I have done these. Even mailed the Dean of my school and international office, but nothing concrete as at now. They were all referring me to another person. Don't know if university accept PhD students without funding

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 4:05am On Jun 17, 2018
It all depends on the school 's admission policy. Some schools requires that you apply first without securing a supervisor. Many of them actually do this. Very few will ask you to get a supervisor before applying. If your interests tallies with a faculty members research interest, he will either contact you for further details or outrightly offered you admission. Many won't want to commit to a candidate who has not taken out time and resources to apply.
petlaz:

I feel it's better to secure a supervisor before applying for graduate program. It will save us money.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MrCuteking(m): 8:47am On Jun 17, 2018
Hello guys, thanks for opening this thead. I want to ask.

Do we have schools that requires only GRE but not TOEFL ?
Has anyone applied without using the two but just GRE?

I want to go for an engineering Masters programme in the US , but in doubt if we have schools that require just GRE.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 9:13am On Jun 17, 2018
There are schools that require just GRE. All the schools I applied to waived TOEFL for me either because I was a Nigerian or because I did my masters in the UK. So, yes you can apply with your GRE only. Schols like Stevens, Oregon state, George Washington university, Michigan Tech etc don't require TOEFL from Nigerians.
MrCuteking:
Hello guys, thanks for opening this thead. I want to ask.

Do we have schools that requires only GRE but not TOEFL ?
Has anyone applied without using the two but just GRE?

I want to go for an engineering Masters programme in the US , but in doubt if we have schools that require just GRE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 17, 2018
ponpon:
#GrEexit is a movement now in America people!!!! Many top programs are dropping it as a comuplusory requirement!!!

I wonder how candidates will be evaluated now !!!

I knew this was forthcoming. Just imagine MIT'S renowned Media Lab not requiring it.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
Postfut:
I knew this was forthcoming. Just imagine MIT'S renowned Media Lab not requiring it.
most biology programs have started the trend. But how do they want to evaluate “us”. They said the GRE puts many people at a disadvantage and its a burden to applicants and performance is based on how much you spend on preparation

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.