Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1349029 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by stainless91(m): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ezehrobinson:
Thank you Lord.
Finally got to the last page; i sha skipped some of the pages oo, i can't fit kee myself.

I have always dreamed of going back to academics over the years. Life happened to me and i derailed into an unrelated field and after 3 years, the much awaited opportunity presented itself.

I got provisional admission at Ohio State with full funding plus RA position. The stuff needed to seal the deal is GRE and TOEFL. Prior to march, i didn't know jack about these exams but man gat take am. I consulted some of my friends and as God may have it, one of them was a major contributor to this platform and he punished me by requesting i go through the thread from the very beginning, hian. I sha don try.

I thing i have come to realize about this exam like other is that it requires one having the right resources, information, zeal and time. If any of these is missing, i don't think one gonna hit target.

I have decided to takeout one month to do intensive study. Below is my strategy

1. Do the diagnostic test on Powerprep
2. Get the Magoosh 30 days study schedule
3. 10 hours study per day
4. My resource for Quant will be Manhattan 8 series, 5lb and Official guide by ETS
5. For verbal, Manhattan for RC and SE, the andriod app stuff for vocab building and Manhattan 500
6. The Magoosh video is a must see.
7 Kaplan for AW
8. Magoosh premium account (my one month go expire 19th June). God may raise a good Nigerian to epp me with one

Please, if there is any essential material I missed out, assist identifying.
So, that's it. let the chase for Spring 2019 begin

Thanks to progenitor of this thread. I owe you guys alot and will repay this altruistic gesture by referring other peeps in need
what's course and GPA?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by noskii: 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
noskii:
Hello I’ve been a silent follower and I thank you all for your contributions. Here is my profile.

Course Civil Engineering (MSc/Phd)
Unofficial WES transcript 3.17/4
GRE 314 Q 154
TOEFL yet to write

Schools in view
Rensselaer
Colorado State
University of Dayton
North Carolina State

Any advice would be most welcome especially recommendation of schools that fit my profile. Also to the gurus in the house what are my chances of getting funded? I believe I could have performed better for the GRE and may retake before #fall19. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by johnsonpal: 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
Can someone please recommend a CHEAP hotel close to JKK HOUSE , please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by razorblade: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
ponpon:
send me an email Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com

I sent a mail, want to register for gre.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aim14(f): 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ezehrobinson:
Thank you Lord.
Finally got to the last page; i sha skipped some of the pages oo, i can't fit kee myself.

I have always dreamed of going back to academics over the years. Life happened to me and i derailed into an unrelated field and after 3 years, the much awaited opportunity presented itself.

I got provisional admission at Ohio State with full funding plus RA position. The stuff needed to seal the deal is GRE and TOEFL. Prior to march, i didn't know jack about these exams but man gat take am. I consulted some of my friends and as God may have it, one of them was a major contributor to this platform and he punished me by requesting i go through the thread from the very beginning, hian. I sha don try.

I thing i have come to realize about this exam like other is that it requires one having the right resources, information, zeal and time. If any of these is missing, i don't think one gonna hit target.

4. My resource for Quant will be Manhattan 8 series, 5lb and Official guide by ETS
5. For verbal, Manhattan for RC and SE, the andriod app stuff for vocab building and Manhattan 500
7 Kaplan for AW
8. Magoosh premium account (my one month go expire 19th June). God may raise a good Nigerian to epp me with one

Thanks to progenitor of this thread. I owe you guys alot and will repay this altruistic gesture by referring other peeps in need
Hi please I also want to take the TOEFL exam but don't know how to go about it. Any guidance would be appreciated. U can reach me via my signature. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ezehrobinson(m): 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
stainless91:

what's course and GPA?

Biochemistry
4.46/5.0
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ezehrobinson(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
aim14:

Hi please I also want to take the TOEFL exam but don't know how to go about it. Any guidance would be appreciated. U can reach me via my signature. Thanks

Honestly, i don't know stuv about TOEFL yet.

Just go through the thead and i believe you goan see lotta helpful stuvs.

PS: Like Herod said to the three wise men, abeg, when you see, coman share with me cos i will be writing TOEFL late August.

Cheers
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ezehrobinson(m): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
stalone001:

pls how do i get these materials

I sourced them all here.
I wil try and get the link and share with you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aim14(f): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ezehrobinson:

Honestly, i don't know stuv about TOEFL yet.

Just go through the thead and i believe you goan see lotta helpful stuvs.

PS: Like Herod said to the three wise men, abeg, when you see, coman share with me cos i will be writing TOEFL late August.

Cheers
Lol...ok. Thanks. BTW guess u intend to or are applying for the University of Edinburgh scholarship? If yes, is it both TOEFL, IETLS and others that are required for the test of English or one can present either?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ezehrobinson(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
aim14:

Lol...ok. Thanks. BTW guess u intend to or are applying for the University of Edinburgh scholarship? If yes, is it both TOEFL, IETLS and others that are required for the test of English or one can present either?

I think Edinburg is in the UK.
If am right, i don't think UK schools need GRE, i stand to be corrected.
Also, I think it is always either of TOEFL or IELTS
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aim14(f): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ezehrobinson:

I think Edinburg is in the UK.
If am right, i don't think UK schools need GRE, i stand to be corrected.
Also, I think it is always either of TOEFL or IELTS
Yes it's in the UK and they don't require GRE I'm asking if it's either or all of TOEFL IETLS and the host of others displayed on their portal
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ezehrobinson(m): 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
aim14:

Yes it's in the UK and they don't require GRE I'm asking if it's either or all of TOEFL IETLS and the host of others displayed on their portal

I'm not applying for the scholarship, hence, I no know about them.
I believe there would be a thread on nairaland for it.
I go sha look am up to spare time.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheExclusive: 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hello guys

I have been a silent follower of this thread and will like say thank you to all who contributed in making it a success .

I intend starting my prep for GRE and TOEFL. However, I always have this concern of the uncertainties that lie ahead after the completion of post graduate studies.

Is it worth leaving my present decent job at the moment.

Please advice.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by stalone001: 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=Ezehrobinson post=68384190
THANK YOU SOO MUCH. I APPRECIATE

I sourced them all here.
I wil try and get the link and share with you[/quote]
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kingzd: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheExclusive:

Is it worth leaving my present decent job at the moment.

Please advice.
It depends on the kind of job, for me if it's not an oil firm and my pay is not up to 500k, I would gladly venture in a postgraduate program to boost my employability and career prospect. It depends on you anyway.
Are you really comfortable with your present job, Do you strongly desire to venture into a graduate programme, do you need it, are you ready for it, is it going to be MSc or a thorough research PhD, are you going to grab knowledge to be implemented in your job focus area, do you want to boost your employability rate across boundaries, do you intend residing abroad permanently and working there, what is your priority, do you want to be a game changer or a beneficiary?

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheExclusive: 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
Kingzd:
It depends on the kind of job, for me if it's not an oil firm and my pay is not up to 500k, I would gladly venture in a postgraduate program to boost my employability and career prospect. It depends on you anyway.
Are you really comfortable with your present job, Do you strongly desire to venture into a graduate programme, do you need it, are you ready for it, is it going to be MSc or a thorough research PhD, are you going to grab knowledge to be implemented in your job focus area, do you want to boost your employability rate across boundaries, do you intend residing abroad permanently and working there, what is your priority, do you want to be a game changer or a beneficiary?

Thanks bro.

It's something i will have to give a deep thought about. At minimum i think it's always god to have a plan B. Thanks for your advice.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by stainless91(m): 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ezehrobinson:

Biochemistry 4.46/5.0
wow! Congratulations. God bless your new journey
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by AlphaPen(m): 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
Bro.

You got provisional admission with RAship without GRE and TOEFL?

Or did I misconstrue your post?

Kindly elucidate bro.

Ezehrobinson:
Thank you Lord.

7 Kaplan for AW

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 4:47am On Jun 12, 2018
Jumybecks:

Thanks. Yes, I submitted unofficial copy of my transcript. That is, infact, one of the criteria I used in selecting schools.
Hello Jummybecky. I believe you should have a list of schools you chose when you were searching for schools that accepted unofficial transcript. Please I'd really appreciate if you could help with a list of schools that you selected/had in mind or better still a link to where i can find the list of schools.

Congrats on your interview
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 12, 2018
Thank you brother!
Of course, I do have a list of schools I chose. It is not a problem sending it to you. However, it is always advisable to come up with your own list of schools. Let me tell you the reason. Let say I send the list to you and 10 others on this platform and beyond, there is a high probability that 4 out of 10 persons may actually end up applying to the same school (s). I bet you know what that means.... the competition to get into graduate school has already begun even from Nairaland (I hope you got the drift). Sending the list to you now could be a good gesture list but really, it is not a good strategy in the long run. Be that as it may, pm me and I'd forward the list to you.
Olalekank:

Hello Jummybecky. I believe you should have a list of schools you chose when you were searching for schools that accepted unofficial transcript. Please I'd really appreciate if you could help with a list of schools that you selected/had in mind or better still a link to where i can find the list of schools.

Congrats on your interview
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 5:49am On Jun 12, 2018
Jumybecks:
Thank you brother!
Of course, I do have a list of schools I chose. It is not a problem sending it to you. However, it is always advisable to come up with your own list of schools. Let me tell you the reason. Let say I send the list to you and 10 others on this platform and beyond, there is a high probability that 4 out of 10 persons may actually end up applying to the same school (s). I bet you know what that means.... the competition to get into graduate school has already begun even from Nairaland (I hope you got the drift). Sending the list to you now could be a good gesture list but really, it is not a good strategy in the long run. Be that as it may, pm me and I'd forward the list to you.

I sent you a pm. I'd go through the schools and also check out some others myself.

Thank you!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by reDazey(f): 7:31am On Jun 12, 2018
If you are in or around Abuja and preparing for your student visa interview, please endeavor to attend the EducationUSA Visa Orientation for students tomorrow.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hotboss: 7:50am On Jun 12, 2018
Hello house. Please is there anyone here who applied to or is studying at the University of Idaho?

I wish to connect

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bibline(m): 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hello house. I have been trying to follow this discussion and I seriously need your help. I studied biochemistry and had a cgpa of 2.84/5. I have a master degree in biochemistry. I want to write GRE but I have little information on how to go about it. I just need someone to empower me with information. I will really appreciate.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
Replied
Olalekank:

I sent you a pm. I'd go through the schools and also check out some others myself.

Thank you!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
noskii:
Hello I’ve been a silent follower and I thank you all for your contributions. Here is my profile.

Course Civil Engineering (MSc/Phd)
Unofficial WES transcript 3.14/4
GRE 314 Q 154
TOEFL yet to write

Schools in view
Rensselaer
Colorado State
University of Dayton
North Carolina State

Any advice would most welcome especially recommendation of schools that fit my profile. Also to the gurus in the house what are my chances of getting funded? I believe I could have performed better for the GRE and may retake before #fall19. Thanks
Only you can best research schools that meets your profile.Goodluck in your applications.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
Bibline:
Hello house. I have been trying to follow this discussion and I seriously need your help. I studied biochemistry and had a cgpa of 2.84/5. I have a master degree in biochemistry. I want to write GRE but I have little information on how to go about it. I just need someone to empower me with information. I will really appreciate.
Take time out to read through this thread.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ezehrobinson:
Thank you Lord.

7 Kaplan for AW

provisional admission with GRE and TOEFL. how please?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ezehrobinson(m): 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
AlphaPen:
Bro.

You got provisional admission with RAship without GRE and TOEFL?

Or did I misconstrue your post?

Kindly elucidate bro.

Boss, someone once got a similar deal in Saudi on this platform na.
Well, its grace
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tufin: 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
What do you need?
Let me know.

hotboss:
Hello house. Please is there anyone here who applied to or is studying at the University of Idaho?

I wish to connect

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Wiseoldman: 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.