Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1349325 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaymore: 9:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
ponpon:
Hi there.

I sent you a mail bro. Kindly reply.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2020
Please, I need links to recent GRE materials.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sirbolu: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2020
ponpon:
Hi there.

Please who has ponpon's contact(email address or phone number very urgent)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sirbolu: 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2020
Please can u drop his contact either phone number or email address?
Oddy16:

Bros, on your own you can register GRE with less than 80k. People that have coupons register with 45k-50k. The only legit person I hear about in this thread is the ponpon guy, maybe you should contact him.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:36am On Feb 25, 2020
Who get am abeg?
Sirbolu:

Please who has ponpon's contact(email address or phone number very urgent)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:37am On Feb 25, 2020
Copy and paste in your browser
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FG14Khx9hUac2NB179Dkq4DuonYFwx9Y

BiggyB242:
Please, I need links to recent GRE materials.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:37am On Feb 25, 2020
I either replied or ignored.
jaymore:

I sent you a mail bro. Kindly reply
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:38am On Feb 25, 2020
Just focus on the test

Pekun210:
Good morning everyone, i appreciate the good works being done here and i pray everyone will have more reasons to smile...
Please I'm about starting all this process and i need help with school that are generous with funding for Agricultural students.

My profile
B.SC; Agricultural Economics and Extension services with a cgpa of 4.42/5

Intended Masters programme: Agricultural Economics or food and resource economics

GRE: currently preparing

And any advice will be really appreciated.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 25, 2020
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Meso12: 12:21am On Feb 27, 2020
Pls, I need Link to GRE materials.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Evkunle: 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
Meso12:
Pls, I need Link to GRE materials.

Hello, we do have links to various GRE materials and we have dedicated group chats where you can post questions you find difficult and someone would solve for you....multiple ways.

Need materials and tips on How best to prepare for the exam? For your best test prep solutions, visit https://mcfedututors.com/testprep-language-solutions/

For more information on exam registration, training, joining whatsapp/telegram study group, application to schools, Permanent Residence, access to study materials and Work permit, please visit https://www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp 08132765285.
GRE 50k IELTS 75K TOEFL 50k GMAT 100K, SAT 55K.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pekun210(m): 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
ponpon:
Just focus on the test

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Evkunle: 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
Pekun210:
Good morning everyone, i appreciate the good works being done here and i pray everyone will have more reasons to smile...
Please I'm about starting all this process and i need help with school that are generous with funding for Agricultural students.

My profile
B.SC; Agricultural Economics and Extension services with a cgpa of 4.42/5

Intended Masters programme: Agricultural Economics or food and resource economics

GRE: currently preparing

And any advice will be really appreciated.

Different Schools give different scholarships though. You would need a complete profile and a high GRE Score. You may or manly not need to write IELTS because Nigeria is an English speaking country.
Your CGPA is high and I don't think you would have difficulties in securing funds.

Need materials and tips on How best to prepare for the exam? For your best test prep solutions, visit https://mcfedututors.com/testprep-language-solutions/

For more information on exam registration, training, joining whatsapp/telegram study group, application to schools, Permanent Residence, access to study materials and Work permit, please visit https://www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp 08132765285.
GRE 50k IELTS 75K TOEFL 50k GMAT 100K, SAT 55K
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Please house, what's the approximate amount one would spend applying into US school for a PhD program from GRE/TOEFl examination fee down to after visa interview.

I wouldn't want to start the process and get stranded half way. Thank.You
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by user4321Return(m): 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
BiggyB242:
Please house, what's the approximate amount one would spend applying into US school for a PhD program from GRE/TOEFl examination fee down to after visa interview.

I wouldn't want to start the process and get stranded half way. Thank.You
Roughly 400K if you apply to 5 schools (R1 & R2)with no app fee waiver.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pekun210(m): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
Evkunle:

Different Schools give different scholarships though. You would need a complete profile and a high GRE Score. You may or manly not need to write IELTS because Nigeria is an English speaking country.
Your CGPA is high and I don't think you would have difficulties in securing funds.

GRE 50k IELTS 75K TOEFL 50k GMAT 100K, SAT 55K

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
user4321Return:

Roughly 400K if you apply to 5 schools (R1 & R2)with no app fee waiver.

Oh thanks, does this amount include police and medical report etc and all that's is needed for visa application after getting your admisson including visa application fee?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Justmemyself1(m): 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
ifeanyimoses:
Good day my beloved, I wrote the Gre today for the first time,
verbal- 149, Quant - 155, total - 304, Cgpa wes - 3.4/4.0, please I want to make maximum use of the average score to get funding, do I apply to schools below 100 in ranking in USA, or should I apply to schools who do not need GRE for funding and submit my GRE scores or do I apply to German, Canadian, and Australian schools who do not require GRE, what approach do I apply Asap so as not to escape funding this year all things being equal?

Different courses have different requirements.

It's hard to answer this question.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kennyking1234: 8:06am On Mar 02, 2020
Prepare adequately for your upcoming utme weac and gce exams using the my school CBT app with over 40,000 past questions. Activated at very cheap rate... https:///2348125865992

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by user4321Return(m): 8:43am On Mar 02, 2020
BiggyB242:

Oh thanks, does this amount include police and medical report etc and all that's is needed for visa application after getting your admisson including visa application fee?

SEVIS FEE- 80,000
Visa Fee- 52,0000
reciprocity Fee - 41,000
Application fee (Average $90)- 165,000
GRE- 70,000

Total - Approx- 400,000

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 02, 2020
user4321Return:

SEVIS FEE- 80,000
Visa Fee- 52,0000
reciprocity Fee - 41,000
GRE- 70,000

Total - Approx- 400,000

Wow, thanks man.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TrojanSnail: 10:19am On Mar 02, 2020
user4321Return:

SEVIS FEE- 80,000
Visa Fee- 52,0000
reciprocity Fee - 41,000
GRE- 70,000

Total - Approx- 400,000

SEVIS FEE is now 350 dollars, and what is reciprocity fee if I may ask

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by user4321Return(m): 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
TrojanSnail:

SEVIS FEE is now 350 dollars, and what is reciprocity fee if I may ask
A consequence of The Nigerian High commission overcharging US citizens for Visa

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by B2consult111: 4:36pm On Mar 02, 2020
I will like to used this medium to give you break down about GRE Test with price and content of the exam for the benefit of those that want to apply for master in aboard what was asked to write GRE and for those that used to call and asked question concerns about GRE (Graduate Record Examination).

Target audience: Prospective graduate students across all disciplines.

Required by: Graduate schools and departments.

Purpose: GRE scores are used to assess the suitability of applicants for graduate-level study across many different subject areas. Some departments may ask applicants to take one of the GRE Subject Tests, while others require the General Test. The Subject Tests assess knowledge in a particular field, while the General Test assesses verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and analytical writing.

Duration: Around three hours and 45 minutes (six sections with a 10-minute break after the third).

Test content: The GRE General Test (formerly the GRE revised General Test) is divided into three parts:

Verbal Reasoning: A mostly multiple choice section which tests candidates’ ability to analyze and evaluate written material and synthesize information; analyze relationships among component parts of sentences; and recognize relationships between words and concepts. (Two sets of 20 questions, each set lasting 30 minutes.)
Quantitative Reasoning: Mostly multiple choice, with a few questions requiring candidates to enter a number or conduct a quantitative comparison. This section tests ability to understand basic concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis, and to reason numerically. (Two sets of 20 questions, each set lasting 35 minutes.)
Analytical Writing: Two essays. The first asks candidates to put forward a perspective on an issue; the second requires an analysis of an argument. This section tests candidates’ ability to articulate ideas, present supporting evidence and use the English language correctly. (Two separately timed essays in one hour).
Unscored sections: An unidentified section and/or a research section may be included. These are used by the test provider to develop new questions or for other research purposes, and do not affect candidates’ scores.

Scoring: Candidates receive a score for each section. Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning are measured on a scale of 130-170, in 1-point increments. Analytical Writing is scored on a scale of 0-6, in half-point increments. You cannot pass or fail the GRE, but universities and departments may require specific scores. If you are unhappy with your scores, you can re-take the GRE (once every 21 days and a maximum of five times over a 12 month period, or as often as it’s offered if taking the paper-based test).

When sending score cards to admissions departments, you can use the ScoreSelect option to choose whether to include only your most recent score, or all scores from the previous five years. You can choose up to four institutions to send score reports to, or more for an extra fee. Results can be canceled immediately on completing the test.

Cost: US$205 everywhere except Australia where it is US$230, China ($220.70), Nigeria ($220) and Turkey ($255).

Valid for: Five years.

Points to note: The GRE is only delivered in English. A paper-based version is offered at centers where the computer-based test cannot be delivered. Candidates sitting this version are allowed slightly longer for the Verbal and Quantitative sections.

Resources: The official site features sample questions and offers free software which simulates the test.
So to register with us you call on 08039211169

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Milkshakes01(f): 12:08am On Mar 03, 2020
user4321Return:

SEVIS FEE- 80,000
Visa Fee- 52,0000
reciprocity Fee - 41,000
GRE- 70,000

Total - Approx- 400,000

You forgot

Toefl- 65,000 (optional)
Wes Evaluation - 92,000
Application/Sending of transcript from Nigeria - approx - 30,000
Sending of transcript from Wes - $37 each depending on the number of schools you’re sending to.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CptCharlesVane: 12:18am On Mar 03, 2020
Sending extra GRE scores as well, $27 each last I checked. It is well!
Milkshakes01:

You forgot

Toefl- 65,000 (optional)
Wes Evaluation - 92,000
Sending of transcript from Wes - $37 each depending on the number of schools you’re sending to.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by user4321Return(m): 4:18am On Mar 03, 2020
Milkshakes01:

You forgot

Toefl- 65,000 (optional)
Wes Evaluation - 92,000
Most R1 and R2 schools don't require WES, and so far quite a lot of them have been waiving TOEFL for Nigerians, hence my decision to leave them out
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 03, 2020
user4321Return:

Most R1 and R2 schools don't require WES, and so far quite a lot of them have been waiving TOEFL for Nigerians, hence my decision to leave them out
Please what do you mean by R1 and R2 schools. Secondly, do this these schools offer RA and TA positions - I heard your scores on both GRE and TOEFL determines if you will get these positions. I'm going for a PhD. Thanks for the replies.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.