Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347921 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Epithet: 12:39am On Apr 04, 2020
It's good, that the thread survived the onslaught by the scammers, looking to bilk folks of funds budgeted for exams.

Recent post(s) asking for school suggestion, just to summarize. You could start the simple search online. But to make reference to a few links. 1.Google "Msinus" and read the section of schools according to GRE scores.
2. Google "Gradcafe results" and then search in the Tab specifics to your course. Click on profiles to estimate what school is a fair selection. Gpa's are on the 4 point scale. Go onto "wes igpa free converter" to convert the GPA on a 4 point scale.
3. Check Twitter, advertised positions for graduate schools are on there.
4. Check USnews for school lists and then go to the school website(s) to see research interest and requirements.(A lot of questions about requirements, they are school specific so detail that individually for each school).

Plan your approach, the GRE, the TOEFL if required, WES if your schools require it.

Overall, not to call anyone out, and I understand how strenuous the process might seem, most questions I see on here and the USA visa thread have been answered over and again, even searching the Nairaland Education or Travel section could give relevant answers. Be delicate, in the process, take responsibility and be intentional, also having other people interested helps. That way you inform each other. Godspeed in your grad school pursuit folks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by IrishCrown(f): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2020
Good day all,

Is it advisable to register for GRE through ETS website? And will I get proof of payments and related docs. on the site and what to take on the exam date?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 1:26am On Apr 05, 2020
IrishCrown:
Good day all,

Is it advisable to register for GRE through ETS website? And will I get proof of payments and related docs. on the site and what to take on the exam date?
Yes, it isn't something I would advise you against. Regarding the proof of payment, you will also get it for sure.

On your exam day, you don't have much to take along. International passport and Confirmation email or Authorization voucher (print out) are the two major requirements.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tswitch: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hello All.

I registered GRE in November for my ward using Affordable test and just came back to check this thread after his ETS account was blocked due to pending payments (for the second time).

I contacted AffordableTests again based on ETS prompt and he blocked my number on Whatsapp.

Payment was made into a GTB account when the HighStreet Mico Finance bank account he gave didn't go through.

Account: 0037065259
Name: Omoyele omonira jude
Bank : gtbank

I just checked the details and this same name is on nairaland and found he is the same person @YelGold.

Jude or whatever you call yourself now that I know how to get you in Ibadan/Ife your scamming days are numbered.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Obakenny01(m): 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2020
Contact 08160913944 if you got admitted to UToledo. Connect...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Abiodun95(m): 6:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Thank you BossMan!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ThatPetiteChic: 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
I intend writing GRE this year. Pls, a good samaritan should send materials to my email : datasplashsme@gmail.com

Pls....God bless
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2020
With this Corona virus issue, is there still hope of have having full funding and also, TA/RA position for PhD.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by thesmallgod(m): 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
For some that have been asking for study materials, GRE Study materials can be downloaded freely on www.booksolutionmanual.com. the site offer students and tutors free access to over 1000 solution manuals, covering Engineering, Science, Accounting and Business management textbooks solution manuals
Below are some selected study packs:
• Barron's New GRE 19th Edition : https://www.booksolutionmanual.com/2020/04/barrons-new-gre-19th-edition-barrons-gre.html
• Cracking the GRE 2013: https://www.booksolutionmanual.com/2020/04/grubers-complete-gre-guide-2012-2015.html
• Gruber's Complete GRE Guide 2012: https://www.booksolutionmanual.com/2020/04/grubers-complete-gre-guide-2012-2015.html
• Mahanttan Prep - 5* lb. Book of GRE® Practice Problems (2013): https://www.booksolutionmanual.com/2020/04/5-lb-book-of-gre-practice-problems-2015.html
• Nova’s GRE Math Bible (2008): https://www.booksolutionmanual.com/2020/04/novas-gre-math-bible.html

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Princekenuk: 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
Well done Sir on your good work. Make sure that you track him down. He also scammed me too on same GRE registration stuff. I don't know the benefit people derive in engaging in shady deals. He ruined my chances of getting admission. He scattered my plans. I had to change plan by going for schools that don't need GRE while I have a GRE score with an ETS blocked account.

tswitch:
Hello All.

I registered GRE in November for my ward using Affordable test and just came back to check this thread after his ETS account was blocked due to pending payments (for the second time).

I contacted AffordableTests again based on ETS prompt and he blocked my number on Whatsapp.

Payment was made into a GTB account when the HighStreet Mico Finance bank account he gave didn't go through.

I just checked the details and this same name is on nairaland and found he is the same person @YelGold.

Jude or whatever you call yourself now that I know how to get you in Ibadan/Ife your scamming days are numbered.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by babiepraiz(f): 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2020
ThatPetiteChic:
I intend writing GRE this year. Pls, a good samaritan should send materials to my email : datasplashsme@gmail.com

Pls....God bless

Hey dear. The materials are scattered here on the thread. I also intend writing but I am having issues reading alone.

Pls are you or anyone here interested in having a study partner or we can create a study group on any app to converse and share ideas, questions and all. Especially with this Lockdown and the plenty free time that has been made available to us.

If you are in you could reply in on this post. I would really love a group of similar minds that are really ready to study.

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rkarang: 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2020
tswitch:
Hello All.

I remember when I was looking for TOEFL agent... he contacted... but as a long time member of this great Nairaland, I was skeptical...

First off, the international number he sent turned me off. I didn’t even bother to respond to his email

You can even imagine, he asked you not to fill the transaction description

It’s sad that this happened to you... I pray he gets a taste of his own bitter medicine sooner than later.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
babiepraiz:

Hey dear. The materials are scattered here on the thread. I also intend writing but I am having issues reading alone.

Pls are you or anyone here interested in having a study partner or we can create a study group on any app to converse and share ideas, questions and all. Especially with this Lockdown and the plenty free time that has been made available to us.

If you are in you could reply in on this post. I would really love a group of similar minds that are really ready to study.

Thanks guys.

Hey. I am very interested in this. I am currently preparing too. I don't mind joining up.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by babiepraiz(f): 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
Peterjosh:

Hey. I am very interested in this. I am currently preparing too. I don't mind joining up.

Kindly drop your email address or send me a mail.

I am still contemplating on the app that would be convenient for study and also saves data.

My email Addy is adepraiz1@hotmail.com if you want to mail me directly.

Expecting...

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Can we stop all these reg BS please
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by trinity0088: 4:40am On Apr 14, 2020
SuomyNona:

Thanks for your input.

Please is there anyone here currently in Auburn University or have a friend there. I just got admitted to a PhD program. I need information.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by trinity0088: 4:53am On Apr 14, 2020
MasterforceII:

I applied for MS Electrical Engineering. Yours will drop soon I'm sure.

Please, anyone in Auburn or has a friend currently in Auburn should reach me on 08130528870 or chukwuebukajude22@gmail.com.

I just got admitted to a PhD program. I need all the information I can get
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by trinity0088: 4:53am On Apr 14, 2020
MasterforceII:
Just received an admit decision for Auburn University. No funding yet. Working on that though. #Fall2019 #YesWeCan

Please, anyone in Auburn or has a friend currently in Auburn should reach me on 08130528870 or chukwuebukajude22@gmail.com.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by trinity0088: 5:00am On Apr 14, 2020
Scholastica16:

Congrats. You have really good schools on that list but I am not surprised.

I will tell you something though, funding for MSc is hard and it got harder with funding cuts from the government so prepare your mind to really fight and maybe be disappointed if you do not get funded for MSc.

If you get a chance to talk to PIs, pitch PhD dreams to them as those are the only cadre of people to still benefit from the reduced financial grant from the government. Of course, MSc students still do get funded but that number is getting far reduced.

As per Skype interview, the PI is not trying to rate your intelligence. He pretty much got that from your GPA..Test scores and supporting documents. All he would care about is to see if your research experiences match what he is looking out for in research students or if you have something unique that you can bring to his group.

So don't expect him to say "define this, define that". Far from it. He will ask about the research you did, things you figured out and skillsets you possess (like if you are a programmer, or an analyst etc). I don't think you have anything to worry about since I know you know your stuff very well.

Just set a good time, get quality internet service, understand your CV well and talk freely. He is a professional colleague not a Mafioso so treat him as such. In fact, talk to him like you would your age mate even if you should not forget the home training we have received from Nigeria. It will go well.

Cheers.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Darrnielo(m): 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hello guys... I am in need of your advice and clarification. I registered with this Affordable Test individual early in January and took the test. I also sent the results to my preferred unis.

Today I received an email from ETS telling me to resolve an issue of outstanding payment and that my scores will be withheld and other services.

The thing is I have received admission from one of the schools I sent the results to. How can I resolve this? Will this affect my admission in any way?

Also I would like to really understand what scam the guy pulled on me and others that have gone through similar situations? How did he book us for an exam without paying?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ernestamy: 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
Princekenuk:
Well done Sir on your good work. Make sure that you track him down. He also scammed me too on same GRE registration stuff. I don't know the benefit people derive in engaging in shady deals. He ruined my chances of getting admission. He scattered my plans. I had to change plan by going for schools that don't need GRE while I have a GRE score with an ETS blocked account.

He equally scammed me too and let my Ets account with an outstanding balance of 240$... My account has not be blocked... I don't even know what to do.. I can't send scores out.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 16, 2020
E don happen! This time, egungun has entered JKK grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Faloh: 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2020
Please help track the affordable test guy. God bless you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cowbell521: 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2020
Josephine222:
I don't know your problem gentle man, I said someone helped me with my registration and you started quoting me wrongly,
Please what is your problem if you don't get work to do you better go sleep guy
Scammer... Na him again
B2consult111 I pity ya life
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Chukslar: 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2020
These People Will Assist You Complete Any Online Certificate Course

Its called ASSISTED ONLINE STUDY

Its really a Wonderful Service.

I completed a Certificate course with them last year on Project Conflict of Interest Risk Management and since then Brotherly, I have gotten over 18 contract supervision/community liaison Jobs.
I have gotten Jobs from Shell, NNPC, Arab Contractures, CCECC and World Bank.

The Best part is that with their assistance I completed the course in less than 2 months and collected my certificate from World Bank as a certified professional with less than $100.

Its a wonderful opportunity for the Naira Landers to upgrade and engage more profitable job opportunities.

This is an opportunity for us all to upgrade our CV/Knowledge with a certificate from a university in US or Europe

Their Facebook page
https://web.facebook.com/Educational-Learning-Concepts-107168657613830

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Admitwithschola: 10:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
mizodumade:
Good day Nairalanders!
I need your advise

My profile
B. Sc Microbiology (Graduated 5 years ago)
GPA: 4.37/5.00
Intended MSc/ PhD: Microbiology/Molecular Biology
GRE to be written in few months
No Publication
I am torn between applying for MSc or direct PhD because I don't have much research experience.

Please help
Thank you

You can still get research experience with ANY of your research active professors/lecturers there in Naija. Doing literature reviews with them, editing, proofreading, writing introduction etc etc, all count as research experience. From this, you can even get a publication or two.

PhD straight requires BSc...It still means you can earn MSc in the first two years as part of the PhD itself. If you score well on GRE and can crank out some OKaysih pubs with your lecturers at UI/IFE/wherever, I don't see how applying for a PhD would be a problem..PhD has an advantage in that it is often funded, fully.

But if you can get a fully funded Master's, why not

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Admitwithschola: 10:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
leckson58:
Help me out my people.

I recently graduated with a second class upper 4.02/5.0 in Agricultural economics and extension majoring in extension education.

I read in some portion of the thread that none STEM student looking for masters in the USA do have issues with funding and getting jobs after they finish. Please gurus in the house how true is this.

Asides that please recommend good schools that offer funding for Agric education and educational psychology masters.

Thanks.

Don't be fixated on a particular course if you are looking for full funding. That's one. Two, your GPA is good. You can apply for a PhD in Agric economics and drop out with a master's 2 years in, if you don't want the PhD...Although it's a good idea to earn it.

My suggestions
1. Prepare for 3-4 months for the GRE. Prepare correctly
2. Take the GRE and score >161 Quant and >153 verbal and >4.0 AWA
3. Try to write and publish a paper in Agric economics with your professor/lecturer. This is possible if you are serious
4. Do RA for them or contact me if you want RA opportunity to boost your profile
5. If you have the GRE score and at least one publication in a decent journal (not just any publication), then come back to me. Search for any email that is connected to me...Read my previous posts, you will see email. I will assist you through our group http://baumtenpers.com/. Hopefully, you're still young..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Admitwithschola: 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
Pekun210:
Good morning everyone, i appreciate the good works being done here and i pray everyone will have more reasons to smile...
Please I'm about starting all this process and i need help with school that are generous with funding for Agricultural students.

My profile
B.SC; Agricultural Economics and Extension services with a cgpa of 4.42/5

Intended Masters programme: Agricultural Economics or food and resource economics

GRE: currently preparing

And any advice will be really appreciated.

See my last post. It applies to you too.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Osikwemhe25(m): 11:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
Good evening, am new here,
Am about to graduate this year,
Am getting ready for my GRE exams also
Am in civil engineering..... �
Tell me the basics requirements to apply for scholarships PhD after school
And also I need the link of books, I need to use to get ready for the exam..
I got some online thou
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by princefemo01(m): 8:32am On Apr 17, 2020
Hello, I discovered that most US schools have started waving GRE, TOEFL and other exams as a requirement towards Fall 2020 admission. However, after securing admission, is it possible to seek for funding without these exams considering the competition involved in seeking for fund? I need advise.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.