Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,247 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1355637 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by midekconcept(f): 7:35am On Jan 16, 2021
Can you write it in Lagos, so I can register you and pick JKK ilupeju Lagos for you.
Amarachibaby:
Good day everyone pls does anyone knows an accredited (trusted)centre where i can register for toefl it urgent plsssss am in enugu
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ellamma1(f): 8:58am On Jan 16, 2021
Please anyone that can help me with gre registration?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by midekconcept(f): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2021
For registration just call destiny from midek concept on 08104198779
Thamks
Ellamma1:
Please anyone that can help me with gre registration?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 7:18am On Jan 18, 2021
Post from LinkedIn by Karen Johannesson Professor at University of Massachusetts, School for the Environment,

"I am looking for a PhD student to study thioarsenate complexes in natural water. This is a funded project that requires analytical chemistry and experimental skills. The project is similar to our work to measure thiotungstate forming constants that was published in Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta in 2014."
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 3:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
Post from LinkedIn by Juyeong Choi, Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at FAMU-FSU College of Engineering

"I am looking for a prospective MS or Ph.D. student that can join me in either the Fall of 2021.
An ideal candidate should have an MS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or a relevant field (with preferably having a minor degree in any of the aforementioned major) and have prior background in at least one of the following areas:
- Infrastructure or building demolition planning;
- Post-disaster housing,
- Automation in construction;
- Operational simulation (e.g., SD, ABM, and DES)
- Machine learning, and
- Data mining and econometrics.
Strong programming background, research experience, and programming skills are preferred. This position will include a stipend, tuition, and health insurance benefits.
The interested candidates need to apply to the graduate program in Civil & Environmental Engineering at either Florida State University or Florida A&M University depending on their preference (For the details, please refer to the website below).
https:///eURai2j
Please note that TOEFL/GRE scores are required to be considered for this opportunity. If interested, please send me your CV and GRE and TOEFL scores at jchoi@eng.famu.fsu.edu."
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dobrinswizzy(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
Please make ona help me I scored this in my waec

Biology--c6

Mathematics --B3

Commerce ---B3

Accounting ---B3

English ---c6

Government ---e8

Civic ----e8

Wanted to study Economics But what course this result is best to study with in university God bless for your contributions
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
dobrinswizzy:

Biology--c6

Mathematics --B3

Commerce ---B3

Accounting ---B3

English ---c6

Government ---e8

Civic ----e8

Wanted to study Economics But what course this result is best to study with in university God bless for your contributions
The choice is yours to make. Except you can tell us your SWOT
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmanuelle27: 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hay, I'm in Enugu,have u checked IMT ict center?
Amarachibaby:
Good day everyone pls does anyone knows an accredited (trusted)centre where i can register for toefl it urgent plsssss am in enugu
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Amarachibaby(f): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
[quote author=emmanuelle27 post=98197998]Hay, I'm in Enugu,have u checked IMT ict center?[/quote.no.do you have an ideal how Much is the fees for the exams
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 9:01am On Jan 20, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 9:01am On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
Quant

Ets official guide
Ets quant workbook
Nova gre maths bible
Magoosh quant
Manhattan 5lb
Manhattan 6 books
Princeton 1014
Ets Bigbook for data interpretation
Gruber
Kaplan online question bank
Gmat official guide
Majortests.com
Gre.kmf.com
320 gre maths question
Gre prep club.com (just search for hard questions)
Arun Sharma ( when you decide to score 170 Q)

Verbal

Ets official guide
Ets verbal workbook
Ets gre bigbook RC, TC and Short argument
Manhattan 2 books on verbal
Manhattan 5lb
Vocabulary.com to know words
Word power made easy for words
Aldaily.com for article reading
Magoosh online
All scholarly or graduate level article, Ets verbal test your innate ability not what you quickly cram for exam, so make reading a hobby.
RC 99 good for RC
Barron book and 6 test questions
Majortests.com
Greprepclub.com

You can repeat materials for verbal, understanding is key

Close to your exam. Do only ets tests.

Powerprep 1,2

Powerprep plus 1,2,3

Ets official guide test 1,2

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 9:07am On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
Exam season will be over soon, first wave of deadline: Dec 1st , next Dec 15th, Next Dec 30.....Stop over reading for GRE that you already know your potential score.

Take practice tests. Don't let your first test be at JKK

Your last line, why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 9:11am On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
At some point I’ll like us to discuss masters va PhD and jobs after school tho.

Many people dey carry head to PhD asap, Yankee sweet oooh

You haven't discussed about this yet oh.

Abeg drop hints for boys
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 9:15am On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
Came across another gre group on Facebook they have good materials... Especially tests and all....

Check them out... They are worth your time... In case you don't some of them...

GRE,TOEFEL,IELTS material -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5HI5uTeYfmJaElqQTFwaFAwVG8

GMAT -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwdHKX8qDf3URDZXUDA0aUlLbE0

extra material for GRE -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1U4uLuP7vJzflgyX2E1YkwwUHEzM05YUUcwR2M1V1Fjdjc2ZWoxMWg2X3AtRlRjSXhGMlE&usp=drive_web

Check out the extra material it's very key

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 9:33am On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
I forgot to add the Ready4gre app. It’s golden. I’ll provide a url to download the unlocked free version soon

Please drop the URL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 9:52am On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
For those that don't have access to Magoosh and other question sources, please use gre.kmf.com it has all magoosh questions, kaplan, princeton and some other test companies.

You could sign up, solve the questions online to give you access to your error log which is very important in boosting your score, but i'll advsise you just do the KMF questions, they took good questions from test materials including OG.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 11:19am On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
It'll be wise to use the updated Manhattan set of books instead of the older versions that have some mistakes and are filled with some unnecessary questions

Use the 4th Edition

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6FBl1JdVum6Um4yRTdNN1gxa2c&export=download

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 11:42am On Jan 20, 2021
Time2Smile:

You are super nice. I think we need to read the previous pages. For the umpteenth time this is a link to every GRE materials you can need.
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-ii97JplpxMdzhHNnYxSUlPOEE . It contains all the Magoosh videos, PDF books and also PowerPrep windows app.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 12:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
CONTD

I had to start searching for other schools in December as the American dream and Funding hope were already doing anyhow, now it dawned on me I had to do TOEFL. The major gist was TOEFL was easy and I would pull a 100+ with one week practice and I did, because I was travelling for 3 weeks.

I applied to University of Southern Mississippi I got accepted, but the I'm sorry " we received the most competitive sets of applicants this year and your application ranked highly but I'm sorry you could not secure an advisor at this point but you should when you come bla bla bla" cool story....but them try, they actually posted the admission letter to my house.

I got rejected by University of Rhode Island(very competitive program for oceanography I guess) and my application wasn't processed by University of South Alabama because they said I didn't submit one recommendation, this was very painful thinking LSU admitted me with just two recommendations out of three.

I am still waiting for University of Massachusetts Dartmouth to decide.....

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was already losing hope as UMASSD was the only school left, slowly I started preparing for another GRE. Finished the Manhattan 8 books, moved to Magoosh online premium prep. During the period of wait I actually learnt so many things. I learnt that funding can only be given when available, you have to make your application stand out and match with the interest of the funder.....

I learnt about searching for advertised positions online using associations job posting in my field/area of interest. I sent series of mails to positions I found online, everything 'Unfortunately, Sorry, At this point'. So I started thinking about Spring and this brought everything in order. How I applied for advertised positions changed. I mailed some professors at Oregon State University, generic replies 'Unfortunately, Sorry, At this point', but there was someone I pressed further, I pressed his mumu button, I told him how I felt comfortable contacting him, how he would make a good advisor bla bla bla....na him baba help me change my story.....

He said " Make all your app materials (GRE, CV, ati be be lo) in a single pdf when you mail a prof and name it as your first_name.application_materials so he could always check it easily when anything comes up or if he wants to refer you to someone else, make your cover letter as detailed as possible because some may have just one chance to have an impression about you, make your cover letter show your background, knowledge about field, why you stand out and future plans"

KA BOOM, I sent this to two positions advertised and I got two interviews!!!!

Nicholls State University and Southern Illinois University....

First interview Friday, the next monday...The interview for the first was on skype lasted almost an hour, questions were " Tell me about your background(discussed important courses, seminar and project), he then described the project and he was comfortable with my background probably because of my definition of terms, description of problems that there was even something he mentioned I had forgotten and he said I'm sure you would know it. " He asked about my future career plans", "If I was currently employed", "Why i chose to study in the US", "If the project was in line with my future plans: I just say God punish devil for my mind, see talk ooooooh....." , " Tested my knowledge on basics of geography using weather and location" and some personal gistsss.. I asked questions and I couldn't even prepare for the next interview on monday because he gave me some papers to read and just tell him what I felt about it.

Second interview, I had been calling her sir and he turned out to be a she..lmao.........I first seize, I also changed interview venue due to my village people trying to pull string, her approach was different, she summarized the project, asked what I felt about it, the volume of my earpiece was low, another hand of my village people, I just discussed the topic because most positions advertised in my field were related to wetland restoration, nutrient enrichment bla bla bla..... Asked about my background, future plans, project, funny question was hobby : I bleeped up I laughed, I said football, reading, DJ, she shock!, she said so you don't like cooking, she explained how cooking was like being scientific, being able to mix up things, I just shake head sey this mama no know naija way, she asked about how i see myself going to grad school and she noticed i didn't take any GIS course....

I was able to get the position as Nicholls State University, it was a plus for me because it was the same project one of the profs at the dept I was admitted to LSU advertised and I didn't even hear from and the funding odikwa gallant, but with funding comes responsibility. Next phase loading.

to be contd..

my mail i send out is below

Dear Dr Do Good,

My name is Wizkid, I have a BS in HAHAHA from University of Lagos, Nigeria. I am writing as regards your advertisement on the Texas A&M Wildlife and Fisheries Job board for an MS research assistant position in your lab. I recognize and value the importance that a research graduate assistantship has when it comes to the educational and professional benefits especially one that is intertwined with your academic and professional prospects

During my undergraduate degree I experienced multiple facets of research according to specific courses and graduation requirement (undergraduate project). They imbued in me a holistic idea of research in marine sciences but I was able to understand that the crux of research is in the methodology and with the influence of technology on science these methods have become more quantitative, computational and analytical in nature hence I continually build my knowledge in areas such as statistics, data analysis, statistical software and required computer language. My desire to undertake a master’s program with thesis is in order to sharpen my acumen in aquatic sciences research and put me on the path in making original significant contributions in fisheries resource management and sub-fields of population dynamics, ecosystem based fisheries management studies and modeling, hence would make me more equipped in forecasting, mitigating or proffering solutions to the effects of human activities and climate change that leads to destruction of aquatic ecosystems.

I have a good background knowledge about nutrient cycling because my compulsory undergraduate seminar was about Eutrophication in Nigerian coastal waters which I presented to the department under the supervision of Prof.Davido. Eutrophication was an intriguing topic because it addresses the interplay between nutrient enrichment, physicochemical parameters and biota of ecosystems.
I was particularly fascinated about how nutrients enrichment affects the biological community which sometimes leads to hypoxia or anoxia in very extreme conditions; introduces invasive species and changed the top-down and bottom-up relationship in the food web over time.

My research interest lie in the field of aquatic resource management and sub-fields of population dynamics, ecosystem based fisheries management and ecosystem modeling, effects and mitigation of anthropogenic activities, nutrient loading and climate change on aquatic biota and their environment, this has been piqued by my interest in solving problems using predictive or simulative methods.

I have strong mathematical and computational skills, a strong background in aquaculture, marine biology,statistics, fisheries ecology, botany, hydrobiology, oceanography, phycology, water quality and pollution control.

Attached is my Cv, Unofficial Transcript, Gre scores and contact information for three references.

I know you are very busy, so i'll appreciate any time you can give me

Sincerely,

9ice

Saving this email template. Thanks Ponpon

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
get a good book that has a lot of gre words, finish the book or a graduate level book, there is one I just came across and it's really great. 'the Military writings of Mao Tse Tsung. Or read economist and nytimes everyday, take note of the words and learn how to apply them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
MAGOOSH ALL LINKS

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzGaCExEzSbYZzBuQ2llRkltRlU?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzGaCExEzSbYeGsyNlM5bmR2aWM?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzGaCExEzSbYajNVdzFFYXYteTQ?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzGaCExEzSbYak1JU2JpR0k1eG8?usp=sharing

Those are links to magoosh full premium videos. They are same with the ones you'll pay for and you'll use almost same data to watch or even more. You can practice all magoosh questions in GRE.kmf.com

But if you can afford the magoosh, pay for one month. Download these videos and watch well and use the one month subscription to do all question sets on their site.

Or just go for the 6 months subscription.

All in All, you can prep with or without magoosh. Manhattan books are everywhere, ets og and workbooks, cracking the GRE by Princeton, Nova GRE course prep are good materials. At least there is a popular YouTube guy that got perfect score and said he used only barron.

Start prep while you can and with what you have. *standard*... I'm actually thinking this belief of using magoosh adds to confidence which is good for the exam

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2021
ponpon:
Gre and toefl materials, although some are available on other pages but for those just joining the thread you can use this too

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B7pHmA0_3jXRNE5kTVVxRmh3UW8?usp=drive_web

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tunjasko(m): 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
I took the GRE today and got
Verbal 149
Quantitative 157

I had a CGPA of 3.72/5 in my undergraduate study (Chemical Engineering) and work experience of around 2 years

please what are my chances for funding? I want to consider schools that are not too competitive. Also, I will appreciate any assistance or guidance as regards this
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by horlahsunbo225(m): 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tunjasko:
Verbal 149
Quantitative 157

I had a CGPA of 3.72/5 in my undergraduate study (Chemical Engineering) and work experience of around 2 years

please what are my chances for funding? I want to consider schools that are not too competitive. Also, I will appreciate any assistance or guidance as regards this
Thanks
Try Eastern north Carolina
Kent state university

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tunjasko(m): 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
horlahsunbo225:
Try Eastern north Carolina Kent state university
Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Lastbornbuns: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
I might be wrong but you can't study Economics at uni level without o/A level Economics so this result might not help you
dobrinswizzy:

Biology--c6

Mathematics --B3

Commerce ---B3

Accounting ---B3

English ---c6

Government ---e8

Civic ----e8

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 2:04pm On Jan 23, 2021
Tunjasko:
Verbal 149
Quantitative 157

Thanks

Congratulations on your scores. You didn't tell us the course you are going for and how you achieved your score.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:03pm On Jan 24, 2021
Please how can one register for the GRE without being scammed?

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tunjasko(m): 6:21am On Jan 25, 2021
NoFap123:

Congratulations on your scores. You didn't tell us the course you are going for and how you achieved your score.

I want to pursue Master's program in Chemical Engineering. I made use of Manhattan 1-6, 5lb, Magoosh Videos, and practice questions

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NoFap123: 10:05am On Jan 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Please how can one register for the GRE without being scammed?
Cc ponpon, Walspring

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.