Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348312 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 8:05am On Feb 06, 2016
Oga ooooh.... I been dey expect reply for over 3 days now.... Please does anyone have any idea if after April 8 there would be new dates for the computer based tests in lagos.... Those who wanna do the test like myself I think there is a rhythm in gre questions which you would find via numerous practice tests from ets, Manhattan, Gruber and magoosh
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fizzile(m): 8:38am On Feb 06, 2016
Am at d GRE center at aba.. Omor na God oooo. If una sabi cabash,make una cabash for me oooo. Just 8 candidates here in total. Omor one niggar came with a photocopy of his data page of his international passport and was rejected. Omor some guys dey jonse ooo.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 06, 2016
Hi folks,
I cannot but say this thread is really edifying.
I have a very strong CGPA and I'm trusting God in securing a full scholarship for my masters outside Nigeria. I have been searching for schools in the US for quite a while now, but i haven't seen one that offers full scholarship in my major - Biotechnology. I recently came across a university in Saudi Arabia that offers full scholarship, but I'm kinda naive.
Please what's your take on that, and I'd really appreciate your advice.
Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 06, 2016
fizzile:
Am at d GRE center at aba.. Omor na God oooo. If una sabi cabash,make una cabash for me oooo. Just 8 candidates here in total. Omor one niggar came with a photocopy of his data page of his international passport and was rejected. Omor some guys dey jonse ooo.
All is well with you. Go and soar.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by charlycharly: 9:40am On Feb 06, 2016
ponpon:
Oga ooooh.... I been dey expect reply for over 3 days now.... Please does anyone have any idea if after April 8 there would be new dates for the computer based tests in lagos.... Those who wanna do the test like myself I think there is a rhythm in gre questions which you would find via numerous practice tests from ets, Manhattan, Gruber and magoosh

I wanna write the test. Pls what is the rhythm ? I will be starting practice test in two weeks. Pls help me with hints.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2016
To everyone expecting admisison and funding decision, how are you people coping with the expectations? I am so tensed. I read the grad cafe result page like newspaper everyday and thoughts of 'if' and permutations keep running through my mind..mehn e no easy. we will all receive good news worthy of sharing soon in jesus name....@stolid so I got my original TOEFL score report Yesteday. A neighbor collected it on my behalf because no one was at home yesteday. #SURPRICED

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 06, 2016
ponpon:
sure there will be new dates. Just keep checking. make sure you check the 3 centers in lagos.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 06, 2016
femi321:
To everyone expecting admisison and funding decision, how are you people coping with the expectations? I am so tensed. I read the grad cafe result page like newspaper everyday and thoughts of 'if' and permutations keep running through my mind..mehn e no easy. we will all receive good news worthy of sharing soon in jesus name....@stolid so I got my original TOEFL score report Yesteday. A neighbor collected it on my behalf because no one was at home yesteday. #SURPRICED

Lol I told you naw. If you had gone to the nearest post office you would have demanded for it & gotten it before now. Those guys take time before they dispatch.

As regards funding, I applied to very very few schools so I'm currently on 40 days prayer and white fasting. Even as I type this, I'm not okay in my body. Only carrot & orange since yesterday.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 10:35am On Feb 06, 2016
Jumybecks:
Hi folks,
I cannot but say this thread is really edifying.
I have a very strong CGPA and I'm trusting God in securing a full scholarship for my masters outside Nigeria. I have been searching for schools in the US for quite a while now, but i haven't seen one that offers full scholarship in my major - Biotechnology. I recently came across a university in Saudi Arabia that offers full scholarship, but I'm kinda naive.
Please what's your take on that, and I'd really appreciate your advice.
Thanks.
Start by looking at the Department/Graduate School requirements. And then see if you meets these requirements.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 06, 2016
stolid:

Lol I told you naw. If you had gone to the nearest post office you would have demanded for it & gotten it before now. Those guys take time before they dispatch.

As regards funding, I applied to very very few schools so I'm currently on 40 days prayer and white fasting. Even as I type this, I'm not okay in my body. Only carrot & orange since yesterday.
LMFAO @not okay in my body...God will do it for us. we will testify soon in jesus name.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2016
stolid:

Na only carrot and orange lmaooooo

Coman have some shawarma grin grin grin

Errrrm don't mention it please, I'm nice like that lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by essayHelp(m): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
femi321:

The waiting is hard. What schools are you expecting decisions from? You should join the MS in US Fall 2016 group on Facebook; lots of results are posted there. (Gradcafe results are usally biased towards PhD and top schools.)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
essayHelp:

The waiting is hard. What schools are you expecting decisions from? You should join the MS in US Fall 2016 group on Facebook; lots of results are posted there. (Gradcafe results are usally biased towards PhD and top schools.)
yes I noticed that on grad cafe, I do go to Ms in US FB at times though...expecting from OSU, West virginia Uni in Morgantown, LSU, Uni of Maryland, Uni of Utah and UNCC. You?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 1:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
It's just like jamb @charlycharly a brand of question which can have like just 3 forms each from a topic.. e.g the way they twist weighted average, the rate questions and all... It's a pattern which one single test can't show u... U gats touch many places... Thanks boss for the reply tho... I don't wanna jonze so I might fix for March 12 but if dere are new dates... I sincerely don't wanna rush it... I wanna have the best chance kuz ma undergraduate cgpa is 3.58/4 and not too strong strong... And na at least assistantship men dey find
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
pennstate:

Start by looking at the Department/Graduate School requirements. And then see if you meets these requirements.
Thanks.
I'm yet to take GRE and TOEFL. I intend to take them in September.
By the way, is it practicable to apply for Phd directly?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cutemorgan(m): 5:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
Latty88:

Thanks for your reply. How do i pay with my credit card as there is no where provided to insert my info?
Do you have a gre account?? the first step in registering for the gre exam yourself is to create a gre acct by clicking on the "mygre" link. After which you can pay with a visacard or via paypal.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nobody is tensed as I am right now. Applied to Michigan Tech and URI. Michigan Tech did interview for me via Skype. URI put me on waiting list. I've paused my app to TTU and ETSU. Tho I still have till month end to complete my apps. Na fasting sure pass. Both MTU and URI would make their decision by month end. By then I go don sabi my bearing. I get liver o. Applied to PhD programs with 3.24/4 and GRE 300. But I think It's more about your research experience. Very important. wish you guys all he best. Waiting onto the Lord!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lobito007(m): 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
Holudarey01:
Nobody is tensed as I am right now. Applied to Michigan Tech and URI.
Michigan Tech did interview for me via Skype.
URI put me on waiting list.
I've paused my app to TTU and ETSU.
Tho I still have till month end to complete my apps.
Na fasting sure pass.
Both MTU and URI would make their decision by month end.
By then I go don sabi my bearing.
I get liver o. Applied to PhD programs with 3.24/4 and GRE 300.
But I think It's more about your research experience.
Very important.
wish you guys all he best.
Waiting onto the Lord!
I'm also a URI hopeful- Msc Mech Eng. Great school with good funding prospects. Out-of-state tuition is high though. When were you placed on the waiting list?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
lobito007:

I'm also a URI hopeful- Msc Mech Eng. Great school with good funding prospects. Out-of-state tuition is high though. When were you placed on the waiting list?
The chemistry grad coord told me that on Thursday.
PhD is fully funded
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Jumybecks:

Thanks.
I'm yet to take GRE and TOEFL. I intend to take them in September.
By the way, is it practicable to apply for Phd directly?
Depends on what is stated in the department/grad Sch admission requirement. If they say prospective student could be admitted to phd with with BS then you could give it a try. But remember you have to have a very strong credentials ( SOP, LOR, GPA, GRE). You can dust up your BS thesis and maybe write a paper out of it and publish in one of the local journals. Or you may want to write something new just to bolster your application. Writing paper is fun.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Latty88(f): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
cutemorgan:

Do you have a gre account?? the first step in registering for the gre exam yourself is to create a gre acct by clicking on the "mygre" link. After which you can pay with a visacard or via paypal.

I already create a Gre account. After filling the exam date no information on payment shows not even in my mail
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Latty88(f): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
cutemorgan:

I already create a Gre account. After choosing a date no information on mode of payment show. Not even in my mail box. It just submit.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adelawry(m): 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
ProfTPE:
Hello all. Please, what's the benefit of the GRE paper based test and over the computer version?

For paper based, if you do very well in the first section of Verbal and quantitative, you will not be having a more difficult second section. The difficulty level is almost same for all sections. Unlike the computer based, where you have to deal with a more difficult upon doing well in the previous. The difficulty level increases when you do very well in a previous session.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adelawry(m): 10:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
fizzile:

You must be Dickson. I was the chap on glasses. How was the exam today? Perhaps, your intercessors cabashing worked for the dude without his Intl passport. At first, It seemed like he was a machinery coming to impersonate. grin. It's all good, thank God it went well.....na high score sure pass...God helping us
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cutemorgan(m): 5:37am On Feb 07, 2016
Latty88:

I already create a Gre account. After filling the exam date no information on payment shows not even in my mail
I did a dummy gre reg and this is what I got.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cutemorgan(m): 5:44am On Feb 07, 2016
Latty88:

The first picture is what I got after filling out the personal details, I just clicked on "I understand and agree", then clicked on "proceed to check out" in the 2nd pic, it then redirected me to the third pic, where I can either choose to pay via visa or pay pal, the 4th pic is what you should have if you selected visa while you should get the fifth pic if you opted for pay pal.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Latty88(f): 8:32am On Feb 07, 2016
cutemorgan:

The first picture is what I got after filling out the personal details, I just clicked on "I understand and agree", then clicked on "proceed to check out" in the 2nd pic, it then redirected me to the third pic, where I can either choose to pay via visa or pay pal, the 4th pic is what you should have if you selected visa while you should get the fifth pic if you opted for pay pal.

Thanks for your time. This is what I got after filling my personal information and test date

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fizzile(m): 8:33am On Feb 07, 2016
adelawry:

You must be Dickson. I was the chap on glasses. How was the exam today? Perhaps, your intercessors cabashing worked for the dude without his Intl passport. At first, It seemed like he was a machinery coming to impersonate. grin. It's all good, thank God it went well.....na high score sure pass...God helping us
Omor the guy wan fall my hand. I suspected foulplay when he was asking us if analytical writing is compulsory. Let's just hope his passport number is verified. Omor d exam na die.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fizzile(m): 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
For those of who who are planning to write GRE of any form,be it paper based or computer based,I beg u in the name of God,abeg make una read ooooo,work on your speed. If u r not too conversant with the computer,better start learning how to type fast,else simply register for paper based. Had mine yesterday and to God be d glory it was okay. Hoping for a good result. But I must emphasize, read ooooo. Practice practice practice espcly prime numbers,integers,probability,and many more. Learn no vocabs. Its an exam one can attack with due preparation. All the best to u.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cutemorgan(m): 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
Latty88:

Thanks for your time. This is what I got after filling my personal information and test date
After selecting your test centre and date, as shown in picture 2 (same with what you have, right??), click on the test time displayed (10:00am, the blue font), it should redirect you to picture 3, where you can select yes, complete the necessary info and proceed with your payment.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by oluphy: 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
femi321:
LMFAO @not okay in my body...God will do it for us. we will testify soon in jesus name.
the tension is killing... hopefully we go receive good news this month, most applications go don dey dept review
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by masquellett(m): 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hello everyone.
Been practising like no tomorow! But the verbal aspect has always been my problem. I always score low. No matter ow hard I practice. Am getting scared already sef and am writing my exam Nxt week. Please. Who can suggest a better approach. Perhaps myabe my methods of studyin for verbal is not it. Plssss I. Need hellpppppp!!!
Cc: Stolid. Sirdiddy. Femi. Et all gurus.
Pls. Biko

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.