Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1351018 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by borie4u(m): 3:41am On Mar 29, 2016
Cephas0009:

You could either use a visa card or create a PayPal account if u don't have one b4 and connect ur card to d account...
I love to know. Will d bank charge u using d parallel market rate or CBN rate when applying with ur card for gre
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 6:56am On Mar 29, 2016
borie4u:

I love to know. Will d bank charge u using d parallel market rate or CBN rate when applying with ur card for gre

I think you should not expect them to charge you with CBN rate, cos dos banks too are black marketers. However der charges are not fixed it varies and it is largely influenced by the black market prices. Just imagine it as u trying to buy something online too...when I did mine, I was charged close to what d black market value @ dat time was

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Toluak: 8:14am On Mar 29, 2016
pennstate:
PhD position in Conservation Genomics at NDSU Conservation Genomics of the rare Californian endemic, Torrey Pine (Pinus torreyana)A PhD position in conservation genomics is available to study the evolution and conservation of the rare Californian endemic, Torrey Pine with Jill Hamilton at North Dakota State University, Fargo, North Dakota in collaboration with JessicaWright (USDA Forest Service, Research Geneticist, Pacific Southwest Research Station).Torrey pine (Pinus torreyana Parry) in one of the rarest pine species in the world, restricted to two discrete populations, a mainland grove of approximately 3400 trees just north of San Diego and an island population of approximately 2000 trees approximately 280 km up the coast on Santa Rosa Island, one of the Channel Islands. This project will evaluate the genomic structure of natural populations and take advantage of a wealth of phenotypic data available from a common garden experiment of mainland, island and F1 individuals planted at the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden. The combination of a long-term common garden experiment coincident with large-scale genomic surveys in natural populations will provides a valuable resource to direct in situ and ex situ conservation guidelines for Torrey pine conservation. In addition, there will be plenty of room to pursue particular questions of interest depending on the interest and experience of the candidate. This interdisciplinary research will combine field work at both the common garden site and within the natural populations in California, collaboration with the Institute of Forest Genetics in Placerville, CA and lab work in the Hamilton Lab at North Dakota State University.The ideal PhD student will be prepared to conduct field-based research as well as have some experience in molecular ecology/population genetics or bioinformatics for genomic data analyses.For more information on the Hamilton Lab please visit the lab website at:http://www.jillahamilton.com and more information on the Department of Biological Sciences at NDSU athttps://www.ndsu.edu/biology/. Fargo is the largest city in the northern Midwest and as 'Gateway to the West' is a vibrant, growing community that has access to numerous outdoor opportunities for all seasons. Interested students are encouraged to contact Dr. Hamilton (jill.hamilton@ndsu.edu). Please include a brief description of your research interests and a CV in your email. Funding options are available for both US students as well as international students. Jill Hamilton Assistant Professor Department of Biological Sciences North Dakota State University Fargo, ND, USA58102

Great job sirs in the house,i just want to inquire if there is any opening for biotechnology with funding.I have just written my gre though scored a low mark of 297 but have a cgpa of 4.21/5 in a Nigeria university and awaiting wes copy of my profile.Any help or advice rendered will be greatly appreciated.i will prefer a straight phd opening though.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 11:58am On Mar 29, 2016
Toluak:

Great job sirs in the house,i just want to inquire if there is any opening for biotechnology with funding.I have just written my gre though scored a low mark of 297 but have a cgpa of 4.21/5 in a Nigeria university and awaiting wes copy of my profile.Any help or advice rendered will be greatly appreciated.i will prefer a straight phd opening though.
Check some page backward, thought there was something on biotech.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
ewa20buredi100:

Hi sirRiddy,
My younger brother graduated from a Federal University and for 2years now he hasn't secured a job. He decided to apply for a Postgraduate program here in Nigeria, though the application is still on-going.

Some days ago, he got in contact with one of his former classmate in the University, who advised him of coming to the U.S to work and school, instead of schooling in Nigeria.

Please is his friend idea a good one?
I don't know his friend but going to school and work in America is not a bad idea. If he has some money to spare and could write GRE, he could get some funding for a postgraduate degree. However, his GPA has to be at least 4.0 and he should study like 'weyrey' for the GRE. Bro, this whole thing dey sap money for this kain exchange rate, so he has to be serious about it.

NB :as an international student, he can only work in the US for 20 hours in a week
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Teetunz64(m): 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
sirRiddy:

I don't know his friend but going to school and work in America is not a bad idea. If he has some money to spare and could write GRE, he could get some funding for a postgraduate degree. However, his GPA has to be at least 4.0 and he should study like 'weyrey' for the GRE. Bro, this whole thing dey sap money for this kain exchange rate, so he has to be serious about it.

NB :as an international student, he can only work in the US for 20 hours in a week
. You mean someone with 2.2 or third class can't be given admission or funding in the US
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fame12k(m): 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
Teetunz64:
. You mean someone with 2.2 or third class can't be given admission or funding in the US

sirRiddy:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
Teetunz64:
. You mean someone with 2.2 or third can't be given admission or funding in the US

Most good schools require GPA of 3.0/4.0 for admission. That is like 3.0 out of 5.0
However, a third class graduate could get admission into some less competitive programs.
The higher the GPA, the better your chances. Funding is even more tricky.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by onyembu2013: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2016
@ oluphy. I just got a rejection letter from LSU chemical eng dept. Have you heard from them. In fact is so painful.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by oluphy: 9:33am On Mar 30, 2016
onyembu2013:
@ oluphy. I just got a rejection letter from LSU chemical eng dept. Have you heard from them. In fact is so painful.
Yea. Got a rejection mail also.... will just proceed with I-20 issuance @ Tamuk jeje, made my decision easier. Think they had a large application pool ds year. Av other options?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by onyembu2013: 10:48am On Mar 30, 2016
oluphy:
Yea. Got a rejection mail also.... will just proceed with I-20 issuance @ Tamuk jeje, made my decision easier. Think they had a large application pool ds year. Av other options?

I talked with one Chinese guy that got admitted into their PHD program. He got 317 in gre, 170 Q. Even his two friends that got admitted into the MSC cheng LSU in 2014 and 2015, one of them got 322, 170 Q and the other 315 168 Q. Am thinking that their cut off is above what they tell us on the website. This rejection hurts because LSU is my number one school.and they run research with top oil company

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by oluphy: 11:14am On Mar 30, 2016
onyembu2013:

I talked with one Chinese guy that got admitted into their PHD program. He got 317 in gre, 170 Q. Even his two friends that got admitted into the MSC cheng LSU in 2014 and 2015, one of them got 322, 170 Q and the other 315 168 Q. Am thinking that their cut off is above what they tell us on the website. This rejection hurts because LSU is my number one school.and they run research with top oil company
True.... from my "little " experience with these schools... their minimum GRE requirement is false. I believe it's just to keep the application pool large. In my opinion. Better luck with others.... Sup?? Is it that no1 has written GRE here in d last 2 months??
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by onyembu2013: 11:59am On Mar 30, 2016
oluphy:
True.... from my "little " experience with these schools... their minimum GRE requirement is false. I believe it's just to keep the application pool large. In my opinion. Better luck with others.... Sup?? Is it that no1 has written GRE here in d last 2 months??
I don't understand the question. Is it that no1 has written GRE here in d last 2 months??
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by oluphy: 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
onyembu2013:

I don't understand the question. Is it that no1 has written GRE here in d last 2 months??
. Twas directed to the group... avnt seen any1 talk about th experience in in while
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by onyembu2013: 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2016
oluphy:
. Twas directed to the group... avnt seen any1 talk about th experience in in while

Ok,i met the Chinese guy on gradcafe. I don't know when he wrote his GRE
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by onyembu2013: 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
[quote author=onyembu2013 post=44250102]

@oluphy. Ok,i met the Chinese guy on gradcafe. I don't know when he wrote his GRE. Please how much is TAMUK tuition fees and living expenses.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
Toluak:

I intend to major in biotech as well. I'm yet to write GRE tho.... Good luck bro
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
penroll55:

sorry for the late reply.....check your email have sent u all the toefl materials and hope u have good data cus they are much

Please send the TOEFL materials to donxab4me@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Done.

donsab4me@yahoo.com

Please add me to the Facebook group n send me the GRE materials!
. Regards
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by penroll55(m): 11:31am On Apr 02, 2016
donxab:

Please send the TOEFL materials to donxab4me@gmail.com

Thanks
Am designing a website to upload all the materials so u all can view it incase no data to download them.
Sending it takes lots of time,when am done uploading the materials will let u know.
But u can get the little I have uploaded now from www.study-preps.com.
Just trying to help and let me know if any suggestion in improving the site

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by koolkenzo(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2016
Plz someone should add me to the Facebook group. sunshine_b17@yahoo.co.uk.
im new to this thread, preparing to write In May. Thnks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ewa20buredi100: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
sirRiddy:

Thanks sirRiddy.

But his GPA isn't up to 4.00.

What should he do?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adelawry(m): 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
Minimum requirement does not guarantee admission. Most schools always highlight that fact. It always depends on the scores of other applicant. It's like saying Jamb cutoff mark is 200, so if you have 200 your admission is sure. Hell No!

onyembu2013:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by koolkenzo(m): 11:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
donxab:

donsab4me@yahoo.com
Please add me to the Facebook group n send me the GRE materials!
. Regards
koolkenzo:
Plz someone should add me to the Facebook group. sunshine_b17@yahoo.co.uk Thnks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by orelio(m): 1:15am On Apr 05, 2016
Pls add me to the Facebook group as well...aladetolae@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by penroll55(m): 5:06am On Apr 05, 2016
More GRE,TOEFL, and GMAT materials have been added to www.study-preps.com for free download.

Still uploading when I have the time but you can make good use of the already uploaded ones.

Please show some love and appreciation for the free work by commenting on the site.

The link www.study-preps.com

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kapitain(m): 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hello House, 4 Admits (No funding) embarassed
@ Sirriddy, I'll love to ask you a few personal questions. I sent you a PM. Thanks

Still Hopeful smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 07, 2016
I finished with a 2:1, had a 7.0 in my IELTS... any fully-funded master scholarships... really don't mind the country.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
Kapitain:
Hello House, 4 Admits (No funding) embarassed
@ Sirriddy, I'll love to ask you a few personal questions. I sent you a PM. Thanks

Still Hopeful smiley
All is well bro.... for you to have 4 admits I think you deserve to be fully funded.... person like me go arrange feast if I get one admit.
Keep pressing broda May God bless your hussle

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
please someone should add me to the facebook group. thanks. davidshaibu44@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by penroll55(m): 8:01am On Apr 08, 2016
More GRE, TOEFL, GMAT materials have been added, those preparing for the exams should make good use of the materials at www.study-preps.com

Also appreciate the work and effort put in making the materials accessible in one place by commenting there.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2016
penroll55:
More GRE, TOEFL, GMAT materials have been added, those preparing for the exams should make good use of the materials at www.study-preps.com

Also appreciate the work and effort put in making the materials accessible in one place by commenting there.
Thanks for your selfless service, sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.