Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,488 members, 7,836,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1360864 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
texrem:
REMMYMARTINZ@YAHOO.COM

Added to the Group.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 6:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
DanjaNinja:
'

I know this feeling. Before leaving for the state, i had no job. I applied to every single advertisement that i could find - nothing. I networked, i called, i wrote, i did everything i could do to get a job - i couldn't get any. I was not lazy nor dumb, but for some weird reasons, i was not getting employed. That period was the lowest point of my life. I could see everyone around me lose respect for me, my friends, my family. It was humiliating and a very sad experience. But in all that happened, i was hopeful. Hopeful that this was a temporary situation and that no matter what i was going through, God had bigger plans for me. By some stroke of luck that i cannot explain, someone supported me and gave me the platform to get admitted and leave for the U.S. I still could not believe how lucky i was until i arrived in the U.S. It felt like a dream. It took me more than three months to accept that i had left Naija and i was in the U.S. Now, looking back it still feels like a dream. I dont blame those who come to america and refuse to return to Nigeria. Regardless of the economic opportunities, Nigeria is a very difficult place to live. Jobs are hard, power is a joke, opportunities are difficult and we as Nigerians just dont care. America is the total opposite of that. Yes, there are challenges here, hell, there are challenges everywhere but the difference is over here, your effort is rewarded regardless of your race, colour or social status.

Why am i writing this? I want you to realize that you are not alone. Others have been through the unimaginable but God's favour prevailed. So to all those who think all hope is lost, I want to you to know that no matter what you are going through, remain hopeful, keep trying and pray. God will see you through.

P.s: Naija girls seem to love me more these days. Wetin i never hear? "you have forgotten me abi?", "i miss you", "see as you fresh", "when are you coming back"? cheesy grin cheesy grin shocked shocked shocked
Well articulated.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
Bbnty:
Please add me to the Facebook group. ibnenty@yahoo.com

Added to the group.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
veanevan:
add me judinho59@gmail.com

Added.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
charlycharly:

Pls add me to the Facebook group handsomecharlyonline@yahoo.com

Added.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
oluphy:
This thread has been been a lil dry lately.... just few ppl contribute...others wanna just gain (or get added to fb group) and leave, not cool @all......
Gained a lot from ds group b4 I took GRE. Thanks to those that contributed, was accepted to TAMUK lastweek.

Thats the mentality of the average Nigerian for you. Receive. Take. Collect. Then, move on. Very few people give back. Its no wonder the country is a shitty mess. You can blame the politicians all you want but dont forget that politicians make up less than one percent of the population. 99% is made up of average folks like you and me. It is the deeds of the 99%, that determines the fate of the nation.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
sirRiddy:

True. Na visa be koko o. Lol
Abeg wey oga danja sef

Oga danja dey struggle for survival. Coming to america is just one step of the many hurdles you have to scale to survive. When you get here, the goal becomes - how do i survive? How do make enough to pay for my bills? How do i excel in my academics? The list goes on. When you get here, you will understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
ayosco2008:
Please add me to the Facebook group.. Ayoola93@yahoo.com

Added.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Added.

Fashola4life2005@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
Lamexx:

Go to your registrar's office and apply for your transcript to be sent. You can equally request for a student copy. Your CGPA will be indicated there. Moreover, if you've known your academic results so far, you can calculate the CGPA yourself. Infact, it is advisable to know your results and calculate the CGPA yourself so that if there is any error in the transcript, you can easily identify and correct it. Some of these Exams and Record staff knowingly or unknowingly miscalculate and miscompute students result. My sister expected to graduate with 4.73/5.00 but the Exams officer in her school erroneously type a "C" in a 3 units course when she had an "A" there so she ended up with 4.65/5.00.

Well done.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 6:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
EduRegard:
Help a brother please... fattybabakayode@gmail.com ...for the fb group and books. Thanks.

Done.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 7:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
temi4fash:

Fashola4life2005@yahoo.co.uk

Added.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chrisley024(m): 7:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
DanjaNinja:
'

I know this feeling. Before leaving for the state, i had no job. I applied to every single advertisement that i could find - nothing. I networked, i called, i wrote, i did everything i could do to get a job - i couldn't get any. I was not lazy nor dumb, but for some weird reasons, i was not getting employed. That period was the lowest point of my life. I could see everyone around me lose respect for me, my friends, my family. It was humiliating and a very sad experience. But in all that happened, i was hopeful. Hopeful that this was a temporary situation and that no matter what i was going through, God had bigger plans for me. By some stroke of luck that i cannot explain, someone supported me and gave me the platform to get admitted and leave for the U.S. I still could not believe how lucky i was until i arrived in the U.S. It felt like a dream. It took me more than three months to accept that i had left Naija and i was in the U.S. Now, looking back it still feels like a dream. I dont blame those who come to america and refuse to return to Nigeria. Regardless of the economic opportunities, Nigeria is a very difficult place to live. Jobs are hard, power is a joke, opportunities are difficult and we as Nigerians just dont care. America is the total opposite of that. Yes, there are challenges here, hell, there are challenges everywhere but the difference is over here, your effort is rewarded regardless of your race, colour or social status.

Why am i writing this? I want you to realize that you are not alone. Others have been through the unimaginable but God's favour prevailed. So to all those who think all hope is lost, I want to you to know that no matter what you are going through, remain hopeful, keep trying and pray. God will see you through.

P.s: I applied to five schools and got four rejections in a row. Only my safety school accepted me. I wont lie, my profile wasn't impressive. GRE - 305, GPA - 2.9. If you are getting a steady stream of reject mails, don't loose hope. Spread your applications smartly. Apply to a combination of great schools, average schools and schools that will beg you to attend. It doesnt matter who admits you, When you get here, you can always transfer. However, try as much as possible to secure funding. Studying here is super expensive. If you dont have enough personal funds or assistanship to support you, baba, honestly, you are on your own. I have seen many Nigerians go out of status due to insufficient funds. It is not a palatable experience.

P.s2: naija girls seem to love me more these days. Wetin i never hear? "you have forgotten me abi?", "i miss you", "see as you fresh", "when are you coming back"? cheesy grin cheesy grin shocked shocked shocked
This is really a hope to the hopeless cool Kudos!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
DanjaNinja:
'

I know this feeling. Before leaving for the state, i had no job. I applied to every single advertisement that i could find - nothing. I networked, i called, i wrote, i did everything i could do to get a job - i couldn't get any. I was not lazy nor dumb, but for some weird reasons, i was not getting employed. That period was the lowest point of my life. I could see everyone around me lose respect for me, my friends, my family. It was humiliating and a very sad experience. But in all that happened, i was hopeful. Hopeful that this was a temporary situation and that no matter what i was going through, God had bigger plans for me.

Thanks so much for taking time to write this. I can relate to the situation you painted above. Your post has encouraged me.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
When danjaninja returns, e dey always be like John the Baptist. Everywhere go just light up. Correct guy. Abeg make that your chinco babe dey free you small small make you dey come give us ginger like this na. Good to have you back sir. Hope you had fun on your birthday?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Fesobi92: 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
please add me up to the Facebook page.... cfesobi@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
DanjaNinja:
'

P.s: I applied to five schools and got four rejections in a row. Only my safety school accepted me. I wont lie, my profile wasn't impressive. GRE - 305, GPA - 2.9. If you are getting a steady stream of reject mails, don't loose hope. Spread your applications smartly. Apply to a combination of great schools, average schools and schools that will beg you to attend. It doesnt matter who admits you, When you get here, you can always transfer. However, try as much as possible to secure funding. Studying here is super expensive. If you dont have enough personal funds or assistanship to support you, baba, honestly, you are on your own. I have seen many Nigerians go out of status due to insufficient funds. It is not a palatable experience.

P.s2: naija girls seem to love me more these days. Wetin i never hear? "you have forgotten me abi?", "i miss you", "see as you fresh", "when are you coming back"? Oloshi, who you epp?. cheesy grin cheesy grin shocked shocked shocked

YOU JUST NAILED IT.
tHANKS BABA
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ewa20buredi100: 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Added.
please add me
ameduelvis07@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ipledge01: 11:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Added.

Please add me ipledge01@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fame12k(m): 12:52am On Apr 11, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Done.
pls add me to fb group at femiquadri12000@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 11, 2016
Add me too;

lawaldare@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by layez: 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
Happy Belated bday to u Danja of Life.... Like #Sirriddy talk, u be real john the baptist oooo for here.. Weldone, I sight u #JummyBecks,Cutemorgan,Cephas,Kapitan etc...

BTW, nice write up #Danja....to those who are expectant of funding, you will be favored... Grace to those expecting admit... Hope+Divine Help to GRE takers

P.S: I dey for the 3 aforementioned category

#BlessUAll

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
layez:
Happy Belated bday to u Danja of Life.... Like #Sirriddy talk, u be real john the baptist oooo for here.. Weldone, I sight u #JummyBecks,Cutemorgan,Cephas,Kapitan etc...

BTW, nice write up #Danja....to those who is expectant of funding, you will be favored... Grace to those expecting admit... Hope+Divine Help to GRE takers

P.S: I dey for the 3 aforementioned category

#BlessUAll
Amen pastor... I receive it
Smile

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by klawaaa: 12:11am On Apr 12, 2016
redmist:
Hello please can anyone send the gre materials to me email add viyogun@yahoo.com
Thanks
please send to
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bobority: 9:21am On Apr 12, 2016
Hello house... please while filling d DS160, d part where u are asked if u were previously employed can one put in his/her NYSC ppa or just say NO? which is advisable? thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ENGRDUDU89(m): 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
Contact me for GRE,TOEFL and IELTS materials.07053084322(WhatsApp)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fame12k(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
fame12k:

thanks
pls can someone be kind enough to add this email add to d fb group? have being begging for this more than a month now.
nawa ooo
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by orise100(m): 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
hello,
please me add ne to the group. my facebook mail is kehinde.orise@facebook.com....or lilbom3@yahoo.co.uk
thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
fame12k:

pls can someone be kind enough to add this email add to d fb group?
have being begging for this more than a month now.

nawa ooo
Bro no vex I've been trying to, but I don't think I really know how to..... I'm sure you'll be added soon.... people here na e-fam. .... "dem dope" as one of my friends would say
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmaxy54(m): 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
Please add me emmanueloladele54@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fame12k(m): 6:26am On Apr 14, 2016
fame12k:

thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Added.

\boss, How do i know i have been added.

i dont see any notification on my fb page

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: Olawrites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.