Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1358043 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by segun4christ: 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Please add me: segzy4apex2009@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 6:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
@segun4christ, helinme, fame12k, emmaxy, Fesobi92, ipledge01, Orise100, klawaa, ewa20buredi100. Check your mails and then join the group.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
sirRiddy:

Most good schools require GPA of 3.0/4.0 for admission. That is like 3.0 out of 5.0
However, a third class graduate could get admission into some less competitive programs.
The higher the GPA, the better your chances. Funding is even more tricky.
Actually 3.0 on 4.0 is equivalent to 4.0 on 5.0. My school uses a 4.0 scale and most top schools I have written always want a minimum of a 3.0 but am in ghana anyway.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by yuddy2(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2016
tensazangetsu:
Actually 3.0 on 4.0 is equivalent to 4.0 on 5.0. My school uses a 4.0 scale and most top schools I have written always want a minimum of a 3.0 but am in ghana anyway.
You are right, I have a 3.51/5 GPA and I applied to university of Idaho, the program needs a 3/4 GPA. I was denied. Denial reasons-No Faculty, No funding, Poor GPA. I was heart broken
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 15, 2016
yuddy2:
You are right, I have a 3.51/5 GPA and I applied to university of Idaho, the program needs a 3/4 GPA. I was denied. Denial reasons-No Faculty, No funding, Poor GPA. I was heart broken
I think a 3.75 will suffice. Most schools ask for 75 percent of your undergraduate gpa. A 75 percent of 5.0 is 3.75.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
We should try and form a synergy here rather than just drop your email to enable you to be added on the Facebook page.

Most of us are studying :gaining experience and having little problems... This thread should really focus on *achieving high gre scores *

Naija, let us share little things we know would be helpful to people, who are yet to write the exam.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
ponpon:
We should try and form a synergy here rather than just drop your email to enable you to be added on the Facebook page.

Most of us are studying :gaining experience and having little problems... This thread should really focus on *achieving high gre scores *

Naija, let us share little things we know would be helpful to people, who are yet to write the exam.

I don talk am tire. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
Which text is the best for Data interpretation questions and Reading Comprehension...

I'm good on other aspects but these parts really consume time. I read the crunchprep RC page, it has helped a little.

People who have excelled in this test, please how did you tackle those sections
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
tensazangetsu:

I think a 3.75 will suffice. Most schools ask for 75 percent of your undergraduate gpa. A 75 percent of 5.0 is 3.75.

Yes, you're right. 75%.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ewa20buredi100: 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
pennstate:
ewa20buredi100. Check your mails and then join the group.
\

I am not seeing anything on my mail.

Please kindly send to this email: ameduelvis07@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
ponpon:

I second that. ... perhaps those of us preparing to write GRE should start posting questions here. What do you suggest?
Cc.. SirRiddy, DanjaNinja et al
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
Jumybecks:

I second that. ... perhaps those of us preparing to write GRE should start posting questions here. What do you suggest?
Cc.. SirRiddy, DanjaNinja et al
Yeah. That's a good idea. Also lessons learned during prep and applications.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
1 2 3.....75 76...finally here!
Nice job done here by the OP and a host of others God bless you guys....

Hoping to take GRE by July for Fall 2017. For those hoping to get admitted next fall I will advice you start working from now.. Research well on schools based on admissibility, funding & GRE requirements. Create folders based on schools you wish to apply and keep every information you need in each folder. Don't apply to any school until you are sure.. Some schools don't have full tuition waivers for TAs while some only offer partial tuitions or equate them to instate students... You must gun for schools that offer full tuition waivers, this way things won't be to difficult for you later..Try as much as possible to put up a very strong application through. Don't joke with LOR, SOP or its equivalent! America is not like Nigeria any little mistake and you are off the hook! Apply to as many schools as possible some schools have application fee waivers while other have application fees as low as $25. Finally put God first in all your applications n you will not regret it in the end

Regards

6 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
donxab:

Hoping to take GRE by July for Fall 2017. For those hoping to get admitted next fall I will advice you start working from now.. Research well on schools based on admissibility, funding & GRE requirements. Create folders based on schools you wish to apply and keep every information you need. Don't apply to any school until you are sure.. Some schools don't have full tuition waivers for TAs will some only offer partial tuitions or equate them to instate students... You must gun for schools that offer full tuition waivers, this way things won't be to difficult for you later..Try as much as possible to put up a very strong application through don't joke with LOR SOP or its equivalent! America is not like Nigeria any little mistake and you are off the hook! Apply to as many schools as possible some schools have application fee waivers while other have application fees as low as $25. Finally put God first in all you applications n you will not regret it in the end

Regards

Thanks bro and welcome on board

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
Good advice and good luck to you
donxab:

Hoping to take GRE by July for Fall 2017. For those hoping to get admitted next fall I will advice you start working from now.. Research well on schools based on admissibility, funding & GRE requirements. Create folders based on schools you wish to apply and keep every information you need. Don't apply to any school until you are sure.. Some schools don't have full tuition waivers for TAs will some only offer partial tuitions or equate them to instate students... You must gun for schools that offer full tuition waivers, this way things won't be to difficult for you later..Try as much as possible to put up a very strong application through don't joke with LOR SOP or its equivalent! America is not like Nigeria any little mistake and you are off the hook! Apply to as many schools as possible some schools have application fee waivers while other have application fees as low as $25. Finally put God first in all you applications n you will not regret it in the end

Regards
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
sirRiddy:

Yeah. That's a good idea. Also lessons learned during prep and applications.
Alright boss... I'll be writing in August
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
sirRiddy:
Good advice and good luck to you

Thanks alot sirRiddy! You've done a good job here!
God bless you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dicapino: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
ponpon:
Which text is the best for Data interpretation questions and Reading Comprehension...

I'm good on other aspects but these parts really consume time. I read the crunchprep RC page, it has helped a little.

People who have excelled in this test, please how did you tackle those sections

RCs...well I think Manhattan killed that topic (at least for me). ON Data interpretation. .....it depends on your background....I think manhattan too...but also use Ets. Guide and other prep ( a variety would make u sound)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
Dicapino thanks a lot, meaning I'll stick to 5lb Manhattan, since most high scoring individuals have testimonies about it..

And my use of Gre vocabulary has increased, I used Kaplan grouped words towards the end of the book, sought for their meanings and Gre synonyms.

Word power made easy is bae, you just get happy as words unmask it's meaning to you during text completion and sentence equivalence...

Am way addicted to nairaland.com, and I actually spend more time on here than reading. Lmao... I just wish there could be timely GRE articles posted here that could at least benefit the mind, reading skills and vocabulary, new yorker and the rest I exhaust my free usage too early

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by UTILITYMAY(m): 7:14am On Apr 16, 2016
Pls let someone add me: ogunkoyamayor@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glocal1: 12:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
ponpon:
Dicapino thanks a lot, meaning I'll stick to 5lb Manhattan, since most high scoring individuals have testimonies about it..

And my use of Gre vocabulary has increased, I used Kaplan grouped words towards the end of the book, sought for their meanings and Gre synonyms.

Word power made easy is bae, you just get happy as words unmask it's meaning to you during text completion and sentence equivalence...

Am way addicted to nairaland.com, and I actually spend more time on here than reading. Lmao... I just wish there could be timely GRE articles posted here that could at least benefit the mind, reading skills and vocabulary, new yorker and the rest I exhaust my free usage too early
Not only d 5lb, but also d Manhattan GRE 2nd Edition-8-book set. U can also make use of their video guide-Manhattan Prep GRE Guided Self-study. U can search for dem n download on www.thepiratebeach.eu

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by benELOHIM7(m): 12:39am On Apr 17, 2016
lordpatra4real@yahoo.co.uk please add me, I will be sitting for gre in july embarassed
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kassidy4luv(m): 8:04am On Apr 17, 2016
GRE prepclass
Question 1)

On a certain project the only grades awarded were 80 and 100. If 10 students completed the project and the average of their grades was 94, how many earned 100?
A) 2 B) 3 C) 5 D)7 E) 8

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 17, 2016
Kassidy4luv:
GRE prepclass
Question 1)

On a certain project the only grades awarded were 80 and 100. If 10 students completed the project and the average of their grades was 94, how many earned 100?
A) 2 B) 3 C) 5 D)7 E) 8
D

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
Kassidy4luv:
GRE prepclass
Question 1)
A) 2 B) 3 C) 5 D)7 E) 8

10 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by klawaaa: 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
yuddy2:
hello, sorry it took me awhile to respond. Yes, certain universities can admit international students without GRE. However I would advice you write the GRE, as it would give you a better chance of securing admission and fuNding in the better schools.
thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by johnbimbo12(m): 3:32am On Apr 18, 2016
pennstate please I need to contact you.
You've got a pm.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by segun4christ: 8:05am On Apr 18, 2016
Good morning to you all, please i intend going for MSC program on scholarship (full) in the US or Canada. I graduated with 5.1 CGPA ( university of Ibadan) Statistics..Wjat are my
chances like? Any link (procedure) to help me out will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chrisley024(m): 8:10am On Apr 18, 2016
segun4christ:
Good morning to you all, please i intend going for MSC program on scholarship (full) in the US or Canada. I graduated with 5.1 CGPA ( university of Ibadan) Statistics..Wjat are my
chances like? Any link (procedure) to help me out will be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 18, 2016
Lol. I think UI's scale is 7.
chrisley024:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by donciccio: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hello Nlers, I'm new and 've read some post on this page they're very inspiring and explicit. Thumbs up to @DanjaNinja and others who've contributed immensely.
However, I hope to write the GRE for a Masters pgm in Chemical Engineering for Fall 2017. How do I apply and get the needed materials for preparation?
Mnyle, add me to the prep class group: megaflave@yahoo.com

Thanx guys.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pennstate(m): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
johnbimbo12:
pennstate please I need to contact you.
You've got a pm.
Replied!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.