Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (58293 Views)

Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures / Things You’ll Learn In Your First Year Of Medical School / The medical students and aspirants thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by jeffizy(m): 5:05am On Jul 31, 2014
Quite expository. Good job op
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 31, 2014
Medicine is not really difficult as people assume it to be!!! In my opinion I believe there re many more difficult courses in d university (Nuclear physics, ind. chem) n many others!!!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Aphex(m): 5:25am On Jul 31, 2014
Now I'm getting scared!
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by lebienconnu: 5:36am On Jul 31, 2014
congrats boss. God bless.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by TONYE001(m): 5:37am On Jul 31, 2014
OP Mentorandfriend,

This is fantastic! Your facts are practical, real, and true; I experienced many at the Medical School too!

I have learnt a lot from you sir, may God bless you continuously, amen.

Success in your career..

Exceeding Grace... smiley

8 Likes

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Francesxavier(f): 5:44am On Jul 31, 2014
Is Pharmacy as tedious as studying Medicine?
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Dunsin89(m): 5:44am On Jul 31, 2014
Nice gist brother. Very practical, real, and easy to follow. You have gingered my spirit as I comtemplate studying MB;BS at the University of Ibadan. I would love to have you as a Patron oh. Do pls call me-08031543954
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Afrok(m): 5:50am On Jul 31, 2014
Congratulations op and thanks for sharing what you learnt, I've gained alot from it and hopefully one day I'll share something like this, not as a medical student but as a biochemist.
God bless U and those of "us" that are still "under" the graduates as "undergraduates" and the above graduates too who are post graduates.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Danny4show(m): 6:00am On Jul 31, 2014
sorry m an ungraduate in one of d university studying industrial chem,pls i will like to know if i can go for my master in medical school..
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Danny4show(m): 6:01am On Jul 31, 2014
sorry m an ungraduate in one of d university studying industrial chem,pls i will like to know if i can go for my master in medical school?
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Yeske2(m): 6:02am On Jul 31, 2014
OP is on point because i experienced virtually everything he stated while in Med school, Congrats dear, e no easy.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by DocAdray(f): 6:20am On Jul 31, 2014
Nice one OP, you are 80% correct...

1 Like

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by elguaje(m): 6:34am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Nmaudu: 6:37am On Jul 31, 2014
mentorandfriend: 7) YOU CAN PAY YOUR WAY THROUGH SCHOOL. When we were in first year, we started applying for every available scholarship. One of my guys got about 5 scholarships. We wrote for AGIP, TOTAL, SHELL, NNPC, LNGN, MTN, AGBAMI patners, Federal Government, Essay competitions that have prize money. Every year, we receive lump sums of cash that are in six digits. You see, life can be so easy. Dont complain anymore.

True talk.
I can remember back then in school when I was blessed with Shell, Mobil, Chevron ELF and FG scholarships in addition to my state bursery. I was spoilt with money, but am glad it tought me to value the truly imprtant things in life

N.B. Am hoping EFCC wld not come and start chasing me for chopping oil companies money

4 Likes

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by mentorandfriend(m): 6:38am On Jul 31, 2014
DermalCarotene: But do anatomy questions normally come from Keith Moore's textbook of anatomy??
No. It varies from school to school. At UNTH, they use Last's Anatomy. In my school, it is Keith Moore.
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by abdulkayus(m): 6:39am On Jul 31, 2014
Raymondenyi: Medicine is not really difficult as people assume it to be!!! In my opinion I believe there re many more difficult courses in d university (Nuclear physics, ind. chem) n many others!!!

c dis guy, u mean industrial chemistry is more difficult than medicine? easy abeg.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by emog17(m): 6:51am On Jul 31, 2014
smurfy: "The most intelligent pool of students from various secondary schools apply to study medicine..." Where did you get that "fact" from?
because for you to study medicine you have to make good grades in waec and also score very high in jamb and post-jamb. In otherwords, it is mostly intelligent students that gain admission to study medicine.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by kulkris(m): 6:51am On Jul 31, 2014
Wow! U said it all @ op..... I have cum to realise most of d points u listed esp d "smart work and not hard work aspect" and also the," u need God"(cos i stil dnt get how the gurus i know in my class had resit)......unique uniport tho......

1 Like

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by emog17(m): 6:55am On Jul 31, 2014
Nice write-up op
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Solobenny(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2014
Capableben: How many years does a degree in medicine last. Now I am in a dilemma, chemical engineering or medicine, which should I go for?
guy go 4 Med. Radiography
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by mentorandfriend(m): 7:14am On Jul 31, 2014
davno: CONGRATS DEAR!
Thanks boss.
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by mentorandfriend(m): 7:15am On Jul 31, 2014
Capableben: How many years does a degree in medicine last. Now I am in a dilemma, chemical engineering or medicine, which should I go for?
Medicine is 6 years if you work hard. Any added year is for those who repeat a class.
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by mentorandfriend(m): 7:19am On Jul 31, 2014
DermalCarotene: But do anatomy questions normally come from Keith Moore's textbook of anatomy??
Different schools embrace different texts. In EBSU and my school, it is Keith Moore you av to read. In UNN, you must cram your Last's anatomy text o. Goodluck sweetie. Which school are u in by the way?
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by mentorandfriend(m): 7:22am On Jul 31, 2014
aryzgreat: Congrats on passing ur MBBS, anyway we Engrs rock.

Rugged guys owns d globe
Hahahaha. You're on point bro. Be proud of your stuff.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 31, 2014
smurfy: "The most intelligent pool of students from various secondary schools apply to study medicine..." Where did you get that "fact" from?
he is right, ask any 'science' student

1 Like

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by mentorandfriend(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2014
TONYE001: OP Mentorandfriend,

This is fantastic! Your facts are practical, real, and true; I experienced many at the Medical School too!

I have learnt a lot from you sir, may God bless you continuously, amen.

Success in your career..

Exceeding Grace... smiley
Strange acts dear. To the top we go.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by mentorandfriend(m): 7:37am On Jul 31, 2014
Danny4show: sorry m an ungraduate in one of d university studying industrial chem,pls i will like to know if i can go for my master in medical school..
No masters in medicine. You can get direct entry to start from 2nd year if you make first class or 2_1.
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 31, 2014
mentorandfriend: No masters in medicine. You can get direct entry to start from 2nd year if you make first class or 2_1.
there are masters degrees in medicine but one MUST have an MBBS first before applying
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Andyempowered(m): 7:41am On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=Francesxavier]Is Pharmacy as tedious as studying Medicine?[/quote...Medicine is far cheaper and easier, its a known fact
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 31, 2014
he was just giving an ' example' not ' absolute scenario'
Re: 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 31, 2014
nice write up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of Babcock University Students In Styles (pics) / The Miracle Tree In FUTO, Federal University Of Technology Owerri (PHOTO) / Why You Should Never Say "All Protocols Observed".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.